Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluejaybelle
Msg: 76
Some-of-Us Actually 'Like'-The-BEATLES. >(*~*)Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
p.s I had to add one thing on here. Those who are after the money and money matters that much to you. There are the sites lavalife and RSVP.They have to pay an arm and a leg to talk to you.On RSVP. there are the full nest eggers, the half nest eggers and those looking for it.
The full nest eggers are those who have lots of money and are looking to FIT a man/woman into their life. The half nest eggers, haven't quite got there. So look for the guy/girl who can even that out. Then the no nest eggers. Looking for the guy/girl who can provide it all. Ain't love a grand thing??..lol
 RichardBBWDavion
Msg: 77
Some-of-Us Actually 'Like'-The-BEATLES. >(*~*)
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:05 AM
When You're Living-off [Barely-Existing] The Earnings-of-'Another' it's Termed: "Codependancy". It's Basically Slavery with 'Perks' Really. >(*U^) (*~*) (*U^)<
 RichardBBWDavion
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:31:08 AM
I've always Thought Women Ought to-Be Paid R Superannuated-Salary to Have-Children in-Order to Bring-Them into-Line with Their Male-Counterparts. Afteral ALL-The-Males-on-THIS-Planet R The-Result of-R-Women in 'Some' Way, Shape-or-Form.

By-the-Way I'm 'INTO' BBWs or Fat-Chix Per-se ... so-Please No-Skinny-Chix Wasting-Their Time-on-Me 'Thinking' They Can Pervert-The-Course-of-Mother-Nature. >(*~*) (*U^)<
 RosemaryandThyme
Msg: 79
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:30:35 PM
Hello Fetish

I dont ever Kick a Dog when its down,
Nor would I a Human man.
We are all the same good times and bad.
You know if I cant do someone a Good a Good Turn I wont do a Bad.
Good Karma and all that sort of thing.
Good luck to everyone.
if you havent anything good to say about this thread then leave it alone.
 dj181
Msg: 80
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/26/2009 4:30:31 AM
i personally wouldnt have too much of an issue if someone didnt have a job.....at one point...and only up to a point....if they ended up a serial unemployment person and expected me to help out all the time....not for me no thanks........i wouldnt care if they earnt not a lot......but i would feel a bit odd if they earned a HEAP more than me, as hilly said...i prefer to pay my own way....i would hate it if the person i was dating kept buying things for me and paying for me......but thats just me
 Prakticle
Msg: 81
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/26/2009 6:34:26 AM
its an inversely proportional relationship for a lot of women I think

(great looks slide to ok looks, as size of wallet increases) all divided by personallity

some of the posts here smack of what can only be termed as good olf fashioned prostitution, but dont get me wrong, some of my favourite aquaintences are prostitutes

fade in Chris Rea...lady in red............
 concreteboots
Msg: 82
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/27/2009 12:48:44 AM
depends on how u structure your stuff,i prefer to have a visible income of sweet fark all.where"s that leave me with the "pls send photo of boat and expensive vehicle "caper?
 bluejaybelle
Msg: 83
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:03:45 AM
omg ... gods gift you really have no idea about women and you sound like a real women hater!! I personally have never looked a guy for looks and/or money. Its his value as a male. There is a difference in the value of a man and how much they value a women.

Then the value they earn!!! We can't have sex with your money. Can't have a convo with your money, nor hug it when it needs one. So much for needing you for money!! yer right!!
 Mizanthrope
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/1/2009 5:04:01 AM

as a matter of fact I'd welcome a tortured artist /musician/sportswoman/student... someone who values their time more than a perpetual chase for money...
quite often the world provides in many ways....

if you genuinely were "into" eachother.... you get by.... and often as a couple you can find new work opportunities to persue together....

would you really want a partner "married" to their job?

I agree with this, I would rather someone who puts me ahead of their work thanks. I don't need the financial support and therefore I wouldn't care what he earns.

Ultimately everyone has certain things that are important to them and they are not necessarily the same as what other people value. To each their own.
 Prakticle
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/2/2009 5:57:43 AM
Maudeath: I would hazzard a guess that you dont actually mean that if you liked a bloke you wouldnt care that he lived in the local caravan park and collected a sickness benifit.
 nevaagin
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/3/2009 1:30:37 AM
It really depends on to what degree one subscribes to the middle class value system of 'money maketh the man ' . I am on a benefit and there are most people don't mind . Of course , Prak. with your value system it might make all the difference that I'm not a man .
 Prakticle
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:49:08 AM
I actually aspire to be the equal of a woman but I just cant get that multitasking thing going, I dont agree that the money maketh the man and would site Ghandi as the ultimate example.
I do think that honesty is the best policy, and being a little oldfashioned i would feel inadequate if i was not financially stable. I think a lot of blokes my age were raised that way. I would also have to say that to want someone to put their partner before their job would cause most an issue,
Maudeath, would you also expect that this new mate put you befor their children?
 nevaagin
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/3/2009 4:56:07 AM
oh , seems a low blow ! Dunno Maud , would you ; mind you I don't see the relevance to the thread . Well , if Ghandi is arole model , go to India , follow your heart and live with the poor and diseased . And you must concentrate on this .... women don't expect you to be their equal , just to be a male who was honest would be a good thing . We are different and equality doesn't come into it ,certainly not in any monetary sense .
 Rob_SA
Msg: 89
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 7/3/2009 6:18:58 AM
I describe myself as "self under-employed making musical instruments in a home based business". I'm 51 years old with no marketable skills for anything except an entry level job, which is all of my own doing, so I work for myself making my funny little guitars. I get by. I pay my bills.

It never ceases to amaze me when I get messages from women and then look at their profile to see that they live in a leafy suburb, enjoy fine wining and dining, plan on holidays abroad etc. Those women probably pay more in tax than I earn! I'm sure the majority of them are wonderful people who will make great partners for someone, but I know my place on the eligibility ladder, and it's a few rungs up from the bottom, so I politely decline their approaches.

I have a low income, but most of the time it's reasonably good fun to be me.
 Prakticle
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/3/2009 5:05:19 PM
Nev
I would never have thought that a woman would expect me to be an equal, just that i aspire to such headdy hights, Ive been to India and no thanks, why do you think Indians leave the place in droves. Just suggesting that the approach may be flawed.

As per the topic I believe it was a query on the dating vs paypackets scenario

I was suggesting that if there was a meeting of minds and an attraction to the bloke that is sipping a coffee while waiting for his centrelink appointment to justify his sickness benifit, perhaps the attraction may be short lived.

not equals, partners that compliment each others shortfalls, and can honestly deal with the bits they dont like about each other, including money. Was just querying where the baseline is, thats all
 dj181
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/3/2009 9:38:44 PM

I dont care if a person is rich or poor as long as they show willingness to work for a living and take some pride in the fact that they support themself.

here here.....that is what i was trying to say in my earlier post lol....but the old brain wasnt working too well at the time...and as per usual miss hilly put the words together well!!!

nevaagin
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/4/2009 6:06:05 AM
I am on a low income but op shops help . I don't make ends meet increasungly for food at the super market . And then there's buying wood for the fire and food for the cat , mine and the other poor starving strays or dumped ones who have heard of me on the cat grape vine. But I'm happy . It's only my old car that worries me and even then if i pray and tell it 'You CAN do it ' , it goes . I work as a volunteer , altho I have worked for money in radio in Perth , at the local radio station . I don't meet many rich men and if I did I wouldn't be worried about bringing them to meet my house which is craftily and artfully presented and has a warm feeling and the walls are covered by paintings my daughter has done or I have found in an op shop or cunningly bargained for when faced with the REAL thing . I would not marry a sponger on the sytem who really could work but for his 'bad' back . I can transform a simple top and jeans into a 'fashion statement' just by adding a ring on my hand that I bought at the cheap store . Same for ear rings . Or wind a scarf around your head ! Life is good and laughter and a cup of coffee with a friend is priceless .
 mafi0
Msg: 93
whata load of baloney
Posted: 7/9/2009 12:39:26 AM
godsgift.. maybe your physical features prevents you from finding a woman who's interested in you and not your wallet hence your beliefs.
Not once has a woman ever asked me about my financial situation prior to wanting a relationship.
 Am_looking4u
Msg: 94
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 7/9/2009 12:49:42 AM

Many of us just want someone who can paddle their side of the canoe. We are not expecting him to bring a yacht into the relationship. I mean, I would not turn it down, but that is not what I am looking for.

Does that mean I have a fighting chance with my 25hp tinnie?
 possibilitarian
Msg: 95
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 7/9/2009 2:57:05 AM
A relationship is about working as a team .... pick your team member wisely.

If a man earns little, owns little and owes nothing he is more likely to become a member on my team than someone who earns a lot, has acquired a lot but owns nothing. Any person would be a fool to get involved in a relationship where the other person earns millions, drives a sports car, wears the top brands in clothes, sunnies and aftershave/perfume but is in debt up to their eyeballs.

So to the OP I say: it doesn't matter what they earn ..... what does matter is how they spend what they earn.
 journey2407
Msg: 96
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 7/9/2009 10:39:12 PM
Money doesn't make the man - attitude makes the man.

So if you think lesser of yourself (I'm not saying you do OP) because you don't drive a Mercedes and wear Armani suits, that will speak volumes more than the lack of money in your bank account.

I've spoken to a few women about this and they have all said they could live with a man who doesn't earn a lot, but they couldn't live with a man who doesn't make an effort. It doesn't matter so much (to them) that you only earn basic wage, but it matters if you lay on the couch watching Dr Phil every day happy with your regular dole cheque. It's about self respect.

The income inequality problem really comes in the early dating phase, while you get to know each other. If she considers a normal date to be fancy dinner, fine wine and theatre, you will quickly run out of cash if your budget is more counter meal and walk through the park. So, take the lead and choose inexpensive dates - picnic by the river, walk through a farmers market, art galleries, museums, drive in the country wine tasting, fish and chips on the beach, cook for her, or cook together, that can be fun. A single flower picked out of your rose garden (or the old ladies garden next door ) can be more effective than a $60 bunch delivered to her door, because you made the effort to pick it rather than just ring through a mastercard number. Once she sees what a great guy you are, she won't care that you aren't a Murdoch. If she still cares about your income, you can do better.
 vanaheim
Msg: 97
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 7/9/2009 11:04:31 PM
I usually find women who practise good morality tend to be far more laterally minded about current income environments than otherwise. OMG who'd have thought.

It is also an observation subcultures promote various themes and spectrums of morality based upon political and sociological maxims. Many care more about your entertainment tastes and fashion sense than anything else, others your salesmanship skills and social environments, others materialistic values, still more your altruistic behaviour and activities, your faith, your temper, your education, creativity and talent, etc.

A very mainstream subculture is self-governing capitalism. There is almost no morality to it, and it is very materialistic, even Australian Parliament isn't its biggest fan. But it is a very common belief system among dating encounters. Second most common I think might be the alpha male/cheerleader epitome for relationships, where the "alpha male" isn't smart enough to trap a spider and the cheerleader has tattoos and piercings on her woo woo (auburn is the new blonde).
One wouldn't touch a man who couldn't pay for her next car loan in a blind fit, whilst the other just doesn't go for "losers"

Best bet is finding a chick with a brain anywhere other than between her legs, they are around, and they tend to hook up with poor dudes who become ridiculously wealthy arthouse film producers, who can't stand chicks who don't have a brain anywhere but between their legs and hence spend so much time being poor before getting anywhere in life. Most dumb chicks never think they're dumb, and never get the nerdy guy who made it to the big time and they never saw it coming was the loser they never dated and yet somehow never put together the fact all those "alpha males" she did date that turned out to be losers, were "alpha males."

You can't tell someone their values are wrong, because their values are wrong. They'd just think you were arguing with them.
 kram22
Msg: 98
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:44:35 AM
why do you think he is there to "look after you" cant you look after yourself?
relationships are a two way street not a business deal!
 InformalRogue
Msg: 99
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 2/1/2013 2:45:36 PM
Ummmm. This thread is 4 years old and I don't think the person who started it is around anymore.
 braveheartlion
Msg: 100
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:00:50 AM
I've found men can be just as picky about a woman's income as men are. In fact it is usually the men to bring up the issue of money. They brag about their jobs, what they own, and yet they are the first to accuse of gold-digging. I think they're the ones more obsessed with money
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS