Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gingerosity
Msg: 101
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERSPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"If money be not thy servant, it will be thy master. The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him."

- Francis Bacon
 Geno1951
Msg: 103
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/3/2013 6:44:41 AM
So what do you think he's going to be doing while you're doing all the household chores ? Maybe repairing the house, patching the chimney, fixing a leaky roof, fixing the automobiles, getting the stove wood in, gardening, mowing the lawn, building that new deck etc ? There is more to a relationship than doing laundry and cooking and putting out. Some women seem to think they are the only ones that are putting out. Maybe you should compensate him at the end of the week..... I also can cook and wash clothes too by the way.
 3ffervescent
Msg: 104
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/6/2013 3:07:43 AM

"If money be not thy servant, it will be thy master. The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him."

- Francis Bacon

I like Bacon...

no, really I do -- I studied Art.

I have never dated a man because of his income, nor have I ever expected him to bring more to the table than I could.
 gingerosity
Msg: 105
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:39:18 AM
^^^ Not even if he can carry lots of stuff?

Aussie battlers: Don't forget not to vote! Earning a low income is no excuse for supporting the pollies' behaviour.
 katty1981
Msg: 106
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/10/2013 3:30:13 AM
I for one would never date a person unless they worked at least 50 plus hours a week. A mans work ethic is the most important thing to me, I would never date someone on benefits as I couldn't respect them. That goes for friends as well. It has nothing at all to do with there pay packet I make my own money I have no need for there's. A persons work ethic in my opinion defines a lot about them as a person....
 CavesBeach
Msg: 107
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/10/2013 8:29:44 AM

I for one would never date a person unless they worked at least 50 plus hours a week. A mans work ethic is the most important thing to me

I think you might have ethic mixed up with quantity, they're not interchangeable. but your bloody husbands will be workin ATLEAST 50 hrs a week..thou katty, if this is the most important thing to you, moving to bangladesh..
you would be surrounded by guys who would suit you..good work ethic, bugger all pay packet, and sh!t loads hours

man you can be out of pocket in money or life. its best to find a balance me thinks...
I have lived on hamilton is on the dole, have own units in the whitsundays aircraft, but now i got bugger all and i have never been happier :D
 RorschachTM
Msg: 108
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/18/2013 2:48:23 PM
I know alot of low income earners because they are passionate about what they do, even if it doesnt pay well, or people working menial jobs while chasing their dream/getting further qualifications. These kinda people are often more interesting than deadbeat bureaucrats sitting on nice high paying jobs.
Of course not all low income earners are like this. To answer the question the person being a low income earner would not stop me from dating em.
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 109
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 9/25/2013 4:04:43 AM
Katty 1981 wrote:

I for one would never date a person unless they worked at least 50 plus hours a week. A mans work ethic is the most important thing to me

You'll be the first to whine and whinge that he is spending more time at work and not enough time with his kids.

Not to mention you'll be on dating sites looking for an affair as you feel 'neglected'
 katty1981
Msg: 110
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 10/8/2013 6:46:01 AM
Pfft I'll be working a hell of a lot more then 50 hours so I doubt I'll be pissed if he's not at home, I don't plan on kids either...ever!
 tinapenny
Msg: 111
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:32:15 AM
Its not the amount of money you have to spend that makes for a successful relationship but rather the amount of time you are prepared to spend. I find it hard to believe anyone has much energy to put into a relationship if they're working massive hours.
 qldblue
Msg: 112
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 10/18/2013 8:16:00 AM
I have to agree with me old mate Tinapenny, it takes time and effort to forge a good long term relationship.

It isn't an easy road but the rewards are wonderful, that is until the grandkids start invading the bed with the easily played grandparents.

Too many people place too great an emphasis on the materialistic items and not enough emphasis on a relationship.

As long as you have enough money to pay the bills and to put a bit aside to build a nest egg then that is all you need.

No-one has to splash cash around to show their love and affection so money is not the most important thing in a relationship but it does come in handy when you gotta buy the flowers and chocolates for when your in trouble.

I very rarely took my wife out for dinner on special occassions but we did have some great dinners that I would make for her.
 virgogidget
Msg: 113
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 1/2/2014 8:15:28 PM
I agree with tinapenny :)
 qldblue
Msg: 114
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 1/6/2014 4:24:52 AM
Having just looked at your profile Katty, your stated age is 32 and you are in the hospitality industry.

Working 50+ hours a week is really nothing out of the norm for most chefs.

I used to work some weeks anywhere between 70 to 80 hours a week.

How many more years do you think that you can keep putting those hours in before you have started to destroy your health?

Some places pay their chefs a good wage whilst other places pay a pittance and no I am not attacking you personally but I am highlighting a side of being a chef that not everyone sees.

Whether you want kids or not is really an irrelevent statement as you can control that.

There are 168 hours in a week, take in to account that you are willing to work at least 50 hours/ week , so that leaves 118 hours left, we cannot forget travel time and I am guessing with you living in a suburb of Melbourne so you could be travelling at least 2 hours/ day = 10 hours/ week which now leaves a total of 108 hours/ week, you add in 49 hours for sleep, that leaves 59 hours/ week, then there is time spent doing other things like shopping, showering etc which could reduce your available hours for your partner and you to be together down to 48 hours/ week.

That gives you 2 full days per week to be with a partner but only if you have a partner who either works the same hours as you.

My point here is that having an idea of how many hours a person needs to work for another to be interested in them as a partner has it's flaws especially when you consider that one of the major reasons for couples to split is the amount of hours one partner spends at work.

Time together does help to build a long term relationship and if one of the couple earns sufficient money to sustain a modest lifestyle for both of them then that should suffice.

I do understand the pitfalls of being a chef and as we both know there aren't that mahy chef positions available for us to lead a normal life, normal in this case means a lifestyle that is the same as 90% of the workforce.

I am lucky in the sense that I am semi retired and I can pick and choose who I work for and when I want to work and givem my lifestyle and disregarding my age, I don't meet your criteria for hours to be worked.

A person on benefits may not be on benefits because they are unemployed but could be on benefits for other reasons and there are people like me who are not on benefits and yes they are a lot younger than me.
 tinapenny
Msg: 115
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 1/8/2014 7:19:43 AM
Circumstances change and anyone can find themselves in a position where they rely on welfare for a while. It doesn't define them as a person.

It's tempting to set arbitrary standards for a prospective partner in the online environment because the computer sits there, blankly refusing to smile or give any of the feedback you would receive meeting a person in real life. You have to fill in the form as it were, thus dehumanising the process of finding love, surely one of the most human of processes.
 Rozie-BAK
Msg: 116
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 2/2/2014 11:37:22 PM
I'm what is considered a low income earner .. But in saying that at least I can say I'm earning my dollars not getting a government hand out .. Low income or high income ,Im just happy I've got a job !
 gingerosity
Msg: 117
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/16/2014 1:58:12 AM
Lets get real about this. We think like apes. The people who made our society thought like apes. Civilization advances through an increase in the number of apes who use their intellect to consciously over-ride their primitive instincts. Until we get more of that happening we must endure a lot of nauseating superficiality.
 tinapenny
Msg: 118
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/16/2014 6:17:25 AM
^^^^^^

How fortunate that you consider that there has been an advance in civilization. A
general increase in the number of apes who use their intellect to consciously over-ride their primitive instincts
doesn't appear to show itself in the internet dating environment. In fact I think the apes that couldn't give a rats will be likely to breed themselves into a majority in the foreseeable future just because they dont waste time shaking the tree for the best fruit.
 gingerosity
Msg: 119
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/17/2014 4:07:43 AM
^^^ Howdy, stranger. Happy Pagan Fertility Festival!

the apes that couldn't give a rats will be likely to breed themselves into a majority in the foreseeable future

They were never not in the majority. Indeed, part of each of us couldn't give a rats... it is only the ability and desire to resist succumbing to that temptation that is the difference along the gradient of observed behaviours. Even those of us who live the examined life are -sometimes- aware of the trap door of primitive hubris always waiting below to trap us in the jaws of smug ape superiority. Each of us must be ever vigilant to guard against our inner apes. There is no cure, but philosophy may lead to remission.

How fortunate that you consider that there has been an advance in civilization.

Yes, it is the study of philosophy that has advanced our civilization. Subsidiary fields of learning such as psychology and literature play supportive roles, but it is the drive to truly understand ourselves and our universe that has always been the key to progress. Technology without philosophy only leads to apes pawing at screens... defenceless against status anxiety and all the other stamps we bear of our lowly origin.

For all the low income earners out there and all those who envy you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MqJPHxy6g
 JoggerGirl02
Msg: 120
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/17/2014 11:18:09 PM

In fact I think the apes that couldn't give a rats will be likely to breed themselves into a majority in the foreseeable future

Of course....spawning endless crutchfruit is far more financially beneficial then trying to get by on minimum wage..why would they not keep breeding endlessly??
I wonder how the average Bogan birthrate would drop if say, we started capping benefits at 2 or 3 offspring?? :-p
 tinapenny
Msg: 121
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/19/2014 8:54:55 AM

For all the low income earners out there and all those who envy you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MqJPHxy6g

The documentary film Status Anxiety (2004), presented by Alain de Botton and based on his book of the same name.

We are richer than ever before. We live longer, own more property and indulge in greater luxuries. So why aren't we getting any happier? One concern, above all, keeps us awake at night: status. Am I a success? Have I made it? Do I have the right car, the right clothes? Do people think I'm a loser and should I really care? Writer and presenter Alain de Botton challenges the idea that what we do, where we live and what we own, should define our status and determine our happiness.
This is amazingly pertinent to this thread and really interesting....but its over two hours long! I've watched the first half hour and realized that hey! I'm rich in all the ways that matter to me! I have a wealth of time, family and love. I'm spiritually rich (how freaky was the preacher from the US Victory church of prosperity??) and I live in a comfortable home in a country town in a safe, supportive country. I can sleep in, drive traffic free and own pets. Now that I've started there are a million reasons to be thankful that my ambitions didn't lead me to valuing social status which is usually associated with high income.

One way that I have found to avoid status anxiety is to not watch tv much. Advertising has first to build need....which leads inevitably to dissatisfaction.....so I just cant be bothered with it. I resent being told what to think.

So thanks for the link. Its made my day. I'm just off to watch the rest of it :)

Happy Pagan Fertility Festival!
An amazing Passover to you too :)
 gingerosity
Msg: 122
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/19/2014 6:47:45 PM
My pleasure :) A suggested addendum... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irornIAQzQY

It is because mankind are disposed to sympathize more entirely with our joy than with our sorrow, that we make parade of our riches, and conceal our poverty. Nothing is so mortifying as to be obliged to expose our distress to the view of the public, and to feel, that though our situation is open to the eyes of all mankind, no mortal conceives for us the half of what we suffer. Nay, it is chiefly from this regard to the sentiments of mankind, that we pursue riches and avoid poverty. For to what purpose is all the toil and bustle of this world? What is the end of of avarice and ambition, of the pursuit of wealth, of power, and preheminence? Is it to supply the necessities of nature? The wages of the meanest labourer can supply them. ... To be observed, to be attended to, to be taken notice of with sympathy, complacency, and approbation, are all the advantages which we can propose to derive from it. It is the vanity, not the ease, or the pleasure, which interests us. But vanity is always founded upon the belief of our being the object of attention and approbation.

-Adam Smith

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings.

-Shakespeare
 ascasualasitgets
Msg: 123
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:50:53 PM
gold diggers= prostitutes that can't live with the subsequent repercussions of their personal life choices.
want a pay check to clean? get a cleaner job, see how that treats your pride and ego.
want money for sex? pick a corner and get busy slut
think that your bodily functions should buy you unwavering preferential treatment? wrong! reproduction and birth is something a dog can do, get over yourself, sugar plumb
 petula1908
Msg: 124
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 11/19/2014 12:53:37 PM
ascasualasitgets

easy going guy?? Not by your comments or your pic. lol!!! I can feel the aggression from here..... If you are going to be insulting at least learn how to spell.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 125
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 11/21/2014 3:15:19 PM
Ascasual..... Your comments work both ways.
And yes please use correct spelling when hurling insults.

Most of the men I date earn less than me.
Including the man I am having dinner with tonight.

Hence I 'always' offer to pay my share and often pay the lot.
Also when I am suggesting I choose inexpensive or free activities.

My note to myself is that I intend to NEVER support a man again.
He MUST have a job and be able to cover his own expenses.
Loans I have foolishly made in the past are not repaid.

Of course whenever I say something is impossible it generally happens immediately afterward.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS