Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greyingred
Msg: 210
view profile
History
How much does your vehicle say about you?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
My car is a small yellow one 6 years old I bought about a year ago. About me it has little to say other than not caring about possessions/status
......hmmm have I done the quoty thing right????????? Due to having wonderfully boring sensible friends in things like insurance....yellow is the colour that never sells well...so hope you got it at bargain price, which in statistical theory you should have done. However...and lol have to re boot `````````of pof page to look at direct message cos am slack arse and just hit the last message to repost......contrarian?????????
```okay fine, good use of language that is still vernacularily (yeah f*ck orf I just did a shakespearean invention...be impressed cos I is 400 years outa date and we still communicate) impressive but nope cliches are that for a reason....we just keep using them no matter how out of date. As for Julie bum, come clown com rodeo rider or whatever you do doo di doo doo.........what do I say except......enjoy the floods of brisbaine...shame I cannnot top it eh? (only noted 3 nnns then ubut meh...make me a brilliant sandwich but lousy editor ....and NOW for something completely different! Nope yous lot of the the lot that get this...this is the bit when I say.."did I say that out loud?......Sh******t!"
 Sweetandtoxication
Msg: 211
How much does your vehicle say about you?
Posted: 12/31/2012 5:52:30 PM
I drive a landrover Defender. whats that say about me?
 gingerosity
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:02:55 AM
^^^ What, that's it? Not even a colour to go on? Everyone knows the colour says the most about you (stickman stickers aside).
 Somehungarianguy
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/5/2013 12:58:26 AM
I try not to talk about my car generally to avoid the wrong type of people.
I'm young, i drive a well maintained almost classic 2 door Mercedes.
I don't care what it says about me, most people seem to think i'm loaded, don't really like that.
I grew up in a family full of Mercedes enthusiasts, it's just what i love and always will.

:)
 Sweetandtoxication
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/5/2013 1:54:33 AM
White with mud. grey stripe.
Stick man has "position vacant" where the man is supposed to be.

Mercedes Coupe. Well done. :)
 RorschachTM
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:18:52 PM
vanaheim and Somehungarianguy

congrats on ownership of ye olde school mercedes... good old days when mercedes weren't dime a dozen and not freaking plastic fantastic.

I miss the old luxury cars which were over-engineered... they were solid and beautiful.

I myself had a brief pleasure of owning a W140 S-Class... beautiful luxury barge that thing... too bad I couldn't keep up with its maintenance and had to let her go :~(
 ButterflyFlutterby1
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:26:52 PM
I own a holden barina... I am constantly teased about my little buzz box. I bought the car for fuel economical reasons, as I am a single mother and a student. Finances are a plus. Also I never could understand why people would want fuel guzzlers.
I rather have the extra money in my pocket. The government get enough damn taxes out of us, I do not want to add extra dollars in their pockets, the thieving **stards!

My car is small tiny and compact, which has a speed, and likes to be photographed by speed camera's.
 greyingred
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:22:32 PM
I miss the old luxury cars which were over-engineered... they were solid and beautiful.

Have to agree. If I had my dream car it is between Jags and Bentleys. Daimler Jag being my chocolate...thinking about it I didn't even pay chocolate for that one. Given to brother and I to do up, he did the work, I provided the cash. Trouble is despite the luxurious ride Daimlers are notoriously high maintenance with frequent breakdowns. Which is why I have never driven one, that's my story and I am sticking to it ;-)

.Stick man has "position vacant" where the man is supposed to be.

Have visions of some more creative individuals putting stickmen in graves, axes through heads etc. In my case I would use those three or four horizontal parallel lines indicating VAMOOOSE. Imagine if one had to be honest...some people would have to put spouse, children, lover(s), secret children, blowup dolls, vibrators....oh the list is endless. So what would yous lot have to put up as a genuine love and commitment that is not traditional. Think a lot of people would also have a stick car.
 i8pineapple
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/3/2015 5:18:13 PM
My car says nothing about me or anybody else, mainly because it cant talk. If it starts talking to me, I'll get it fitted with an alcolock.
 Orione7
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:19:52 PM
Sad days, all the Aus car companies are closing.
All the great Aus car culture gone, the muscle cars... cultural icons.

Not much to be patriotic about now.
 petula1908
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:10:26 PM
All I know is that those hotted up low slung, dooff dooff cars with racing stripes, modified exhausts, always belong to some little puny guy overcompensating for his inadequacies lol!!
 Orione7
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:02:13 AM
Well then you don't know much about the Aus car culture.
Those rice burners are imports from Japan. Aus cars and its culture is very different.

You see more women in convertibles and sports cars these days.... overcompensating for that penis envy perhaps.
 petula1908
Msg: 222
Posted: 2/7/2015 8:02:05 PM
WOmen can afford the convertibles and sports cars more these days. What has that to do with penis envy?
Very long bow you draw there. Women only envy what having a penis automatically entitles them to, not actually being male and having that appendage, necessarily.
 Orione7
Msg: 223
Posted: 2/10/2015 6:31:13 AM
You drew the long bow first...
The modified car culture has been around in Aus and America since the 1950's.

Yes even women are getting into it now.
 petula1908
Msg: 224
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:37:45 PM
The sort of modified car I am talking about is illegally done and causes noise pollution wherever they go. Just have to draw attention to their little selves. I may one day see a reasonably tall well built guy emerge from one of these abominations but so far, not.
 Orione7
Msg: 225
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:14:57 AM
Generalising much? lol
May one day see a non blonde or tinted blonde without a **** expression on her face get out of a show off sports car.

Anyway the Aus car industry is going, sad times.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 226
Posted: 2/11/2015 6:55:48 PM
Says I prefer the wind in my hair to a roof.

Nothing to do with your, nor my, opinions of your penis.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 227
Posted: 2/11/2015 7:28:28 PM
Mine says that I keep my equipment in meticulous operational condition, good fragrance, clean, and superbly tuned.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 228
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:01:35 PM
^^^^ Yet another reason I love you Eric.
 petula1908
Msg: 229
Posted: 2/18/2015 10:36:00 PM
Oh yes I have seen the tinted blonde in the the sports car driven by her older lover, whizzing along the coastal roads. The open roof and his toupee well and truly in place. I saw an older guy around 70 unfold himself from a snazzy red sports car once. The number plate read MIDLIFE CRISIS. Loved it.

When I win the sports model I have been buying tickets for will I have to dye my hair blonde as well??

I agree sad times with the Australian car industry in decline. Off topic,
Even sadder is that we are importing poison fruit from China when we grow it all here.

CuriousInDB
Msg: 230
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:12:35 AM
My car says I live at the beach (sand all over the interior and rusted exterior), I don't litter (I throw the trash on the floor and leave it), I'm not a fan of car-washing (why bother? in a couple hours it will have the sea mist right there where I washed it off) ... I don't eat fast/junk food (only healthy food wrappers amongst the other trash). Lots of empty water bottles here, too. Towels, beach chairs ...

It's a good life.
 Jarod50
Msg: 231
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:16:39 PM
I choose not to express myself via depreciating assets like motor vehicles. Only keep mine in good roadworthy condition, for the purpose of convenient transport. Being in semi-rural area though, its more a necessity than folks need in big cities. However, I can say that the color of my vehicle is somewhat expressive of my character... dark blue.
I feel its better to express myself via my art...
 IndieLife
Msg: 232
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:58:17 PM
Bright Green Mazda 2, fun and economical to run. Water bottles and fruit on the floor, a bit of sand too. Not a serious car.
 tgif111
Msg: 233
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:02:59 AM
fun and practical little 4 cylinder puddle jumper BRIGHT YELLOW AND BLACK late model Aveo. I got rid of my beautiful champagne tone Lincoln Continental when news reports said gasoline might go as high as $5 -$6 a gallon.
I absolutely despise paying for gas at any price over $1.50 a gallon so it's good on fuel. I have a red Ford Ranger truck as well.

when I was younger I had prestigious cars like a Cadillac and a Jaguar to take women out on dates but now I don't feel a need to buy or own a luxury car.
I like having money in the bank and cars depreciate so quickly. I put my money into assets I believe will appreciate now.

back in the day when gas was 45 cents a gallon I had a Dodge Daytona Charger with a built up 440 Six Pak in it with 500 horsepower. to this day guys come up to me and say "you had that car with the big wing on the back".

2015 is another time period, another place in my life but Jesus Christ were the 70's great!
 Hothrod
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/14/2015 6:04:53 PM
I've still got my first Australian made factory dedicated LPG station wagon which for those in the know, is the immortal Ford Falcon, and at currently 90c per litre, I'm happy! always log book serviced, reliable, comfortable and big enough for my 6'3 body to sit in relative comfort! :) makes a nice country cruiser, at least in my state.

From a collectors point of view, the first and last of a series is nearly always attractive...
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >