Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 40
view profile
History
The grass is always greener...Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It does seem to be that way. The Canadian men on this site are sexy, intelligent, and humorous. Do the Powers that be at POF only allow the interesting men from Canada to join ?? Makes this Southern woman want to move to Canada and snuggle with a Canadian man!
 clasact
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The grass is always greener...
Posted: 4/17/2008 4:30:11 AM
^^^^Browneyedleo........as I said before, I have noticed that too! I think we should have a border crossing from the south.......I thought I was tired of the cold but hey, I'm re-thinking THAT position. very seriously. ~grin~ Plus, I've never been to Canada. ~checks to see how much vacation time~
 rearguard*2
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:09:15 AM

Do the Powers that be at POF only allow the interesting men from Canada to join ?

Nope. Its sort of like "Ladies Night" in many bars where the management provides free drinks to attract the beautiful woman to the place to stimulate business. Its free for us Canadian hunks to join POF!!!javascript:smilie('')
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:37:46 PM
......I thought I was tired of the cold but hey, I'm re-thinking THAT position. very seriously. ~grin~ Plus, I've never been to Canada. ~checks to see how much vacation time

...I think thats why the men south of the border find Canadian woman so interesting, they have discovered that we have become quite resourceful when it comes to keeping warm on a cold winter's night haha

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:50:58 PM
Not to worry, there are always a lot of older fans wearing the jersey of the local team at the games. Just show up and tell them you are originally from Canada. You will luck out for sure..
 clasact
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:31:24 PM
Touche` maeflowers LOL.....so then, female "exchange POF'ers?" kinda like exchange students? hehehe.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:45:05 PM

Touche` maeflowers LOL.....so then, female "exchange POF'ers?" kinda like exchange students? hehehe.

I can see where this could be a lot of fun....kinda like bidding on bachelors for the evening.

...maeflowers
 clasact
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 4:22:46 AM
^^^ me thinks *maeflowers* has stumbled upon an idea.....Hmmmmm.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 4:30:57 AM
In my case, ANY reasonable offer will be accepted...:)
 MacKevinized
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:52:40 AM
The grass is greener in the brain only and usually a feeling within those that want more than they'll ever get.
The ex wife was always looking at mansions when we drove around and fuming about why she didn't get to live there. The grass at those mansions was kept by landscapers and now needs mowing cause the owners had to sell when those wives got divorced and no one could afford those landscapers any more.

Has anyone checked out the divorce rate in Kentucky where the grass is BLUE?
 TryAgan
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:22:17 PM

i'm ready to locate to the lush green stuff...

i'll bring my own lawn mower,
and a jerry can of fuel...

Never mind the lawn mower and fuel can, just come to Ontario. It's like a jungle here, including herds of mosquitos. Now that the herbicides have been outlawed here, the lawns are still green, but getting rapidly populated by all kinds of naughty weeds.
 TryAgan
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:46:07 PM
^^^
It's not so bad. They are out only while the grass is green.
After the first frosty night. they disappear. And then we get 6-8 months of white lawns and no mosquitos.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:54:16 PM
In my case, ANY reasonable offer will be accepted...:)

...Define "reasonable"

We Canucks have had to make some adjustments due to weather conditions, so therefore the grass may not always be greener but it's made of sturdier stuff, show em guys

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 5:36:54 AM

i don't know about 8 months of cold and snow...

Its not so bad. You meet a woman for coffee, gaze into each others' eyes for a while, she suggest you go for a walk. After about 5 minutes ate -20C she is quite willing to take your suggestion that you go some place warm, like her place. Once out of the wind, the exchange of bodily warmth appears as the obvious way to dis spell the bone chilling effects of the climate......

Much better than in those warm countries where you have to spend hours walking down the beach in the balmy evening air......
 sweetest
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 8:26:10 AM
I don't see the grass always as being particularly 'greener'; as I've really had nothing to complain about right here in my own backyard. I've always found some really neat people here...I think in part it's because my city, like Washington DC attracts a lot of transplants...very few people are actually from here...born here.

What I do notice with myself however, is that I do enjoy looking at profiles from places that have a climate that I tend to like or that are from areas or regions that I've enjoyed visiting or living. San Diego, Seattle and Vancouver are good examples of places that I find myself much more intrigued with profiles; the scenery, the vibe, the people all kind of fits...
 texasbaby
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 10:44:39 AM
^^^^^^ Oh no,, that's the Woodstock thread....

I don't find the grass to be greener... I like men best, that come from the same region I'm from. They fit well within my comfort zone..
tb
 MondoVman
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 11:17:46 PM
What I've learned in such a short while is:
How incredibly smokin' HOT all Missouri women are!
and,
Women around here don't respect my ample, non-flying banshee, 20 mile limit.
 Rythmn
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 12:28:14 AM
although i miss home (nyc) for what is referred to in the business sector as "corporate culture", to generalize to an entire ethnic group to me has racist tendencies. i know many german men who do not have pot bellies and many men from other ethnic groups who do. i also know women with pot bellies in my own ethnic group! maybe those men who you do know have "beer bellies"-- a not uncommon phenomena in today's addictive world and amongst all cultures.

with respect to men who are far, far away--the amazing e-buddies i may never meet: often the distance takes away the false projection of a person and allows those with common interests or core values to open up in a more intimate manner (not sexual, but personal and honest, w/o all the posturing).

if i were to meet my e-buddies in real life? who knows? my first online impression of a person in my own area, is (half the time) blown away when i met him. half the time though he is even better! i don't even think of my distant e-buddies in that way. for me chemistry is three dimensional and i have to not only see the real him ( and not a ten year old pic), but i also gotta smell him-- pheremones, pheremones, pheremones!

being an only child, distant contacts are brothers to me. however, if i met a long distance man where there was mutual romantic interest, it is not rocket science for one to hop on a plane and meet the other. most however, are not that creative!

right now, i am about to undergo eye surgery and that has me wound up. but, once it's over, i plan to use my airline miles for either friendship "or" romantic exploration (if the possibility of one of us moving seems plausible)!

as my forum e-buddy parrothead once said to me: the one common denominator in all of my relationships is me. thus, i AM the grass and i am always green!

ps in 12 step they call this the geographic cure where people pack themselves up and move, only to find they brought themselves with them and nothing changes. the universe is my stage, but the likelihood of meeting and knowing a local man is far greater. because, it takes time and it also takes three dimensional space.
 Celticmist
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:20:37 PM
Grass is very sweet and very green in my own back yard and that exactly where I found my guy. I AM A CANADIAN!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 9:38:24 AM

For some reason, the RL dating pool seems to be better than the online one---

Completely agree. I think its because the RL pool is composed of people who get out and meet others, while the online pool is mainly those at home on their computers.......
 TryAgan
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 5:08:29 PM
Ismene2 - Msg 94

I think it is because the people we meet in RL are people with whom we are more likely to have some similar interests, meeting them at places we frequent ourselves. Also, reaction to and interest in a real live human being is quite different than to someone in cyberspace, for me anyway.

That has not been my experience.
In RL, you get usually attracted first, and then you'll start the discovery (common interests, values, ...). Sometimes, the attraction is so strong, that you willingly drop half of your criteria.
On a dating site, it is reverse. You pre-select potential contacts by searching for mutual interests, values, location, and then you try to meet to see if there is the mutual attraction.
 kari135
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 10:45:33 AM
""When I look at the photos on line, especially my matches, I find maybe one out of 8-10 looks physically attractive, primarilly due to the way he appears to have taken care of himself, but also due to things I just don't find attractive in a man. But photos don't tell the whole story, and a person can appear attractive in a photo, but not so much in person, and visa versa. In RL, I have always been attracted to a limited number of men, and it truly comes down to personality and not looks, although they do factor in to some degree. For some reason, the RL dating pool seems to be better than the online one---I think it is due to that personality thing: a picture may be worth a thousand words, but it definitely doesn't tell the whole story.""

I'm somewhat the opposite. Looks have never meant much to me [though I will say that otherwise good looking men whose idea of a good photo is of themselves at a favorite bowling alley or carrying golf clubs leaves me COLD]. In RL I've dated all kinds of men, short, tall, bald, hair longer than mine. What has always been most important is character and personality. I have a slight preference for taller and bearded - don't know where the taller came from, but I always ended up with a razor burn from a clean shaven man.

If I had my fantasy druthers, it would be a Viking of 28 or so, maybe 6'4" or more of solid muscle, but then, I'm not 28 anymore either. Since good fantasies are just that, I'll settle for a flesh and blood man who is a reasonable match and won't expect me to play golf with him or watch him bowl. I've discovered over the years that the grass in my own yard is quite green enough if I just take care of it.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 11:04:56 AM
From what I have heard, keeping green grass requires high maintence.
 kari135
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2009 11:15:01 AM
""From what I have heard, keeping green grass requires high maintence. ""

LOL. In my case, it just means making sure the horse apples are well spread out, and not left in piles.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/28/2009 6:13:10 PM
From what I have heard, keeping green grass requires high maintence

...and a whole lot of manure.

...maeflowers
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >