Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 340
Dating within' your LeaguePage 17 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Similarly, do 'religions' exist?--Yes. Do you believe in either 'leagues' or 'religions'?

Ahhh, actually a false comparison. My point was there's a -difference- between a belief that what 'leagues' DESCRIBE matter or not, and if what the leagues DESCRIBE exist, in THIS common context:

League: A comparison between two people, where one person appears to -clearly- have more attractive or less attractive looks & status than the other person, in the eyes of the majority of the opposite sex.

What you're referring to is #2 -- the BELIEF that the difference between two people's looks & status even matters when it comes to the chances of garnering someone's interest.

Ya just don't like the word 'league', do ya? I'm not saying looks & status isn't a sensitive topic, and definitely the word 'league' implying betterment (hence, people not liking the term).

simple put Megan Fox is not my type

If it's simply put that a gal is not your type, that doesn't mean a "1". As odd as it sounds, it's BS that you ACTUALLY do think of her as a "1". There are guys who will not a particular style (ie type), that can turn them off. Combine that with sour-grapes, conscious or sub-conscious, and they'll take a gal who they HATE and say she's a "1", despite any body & facial features. But that's fine -- it's not about what an individual's damaged image of a particular gal or guy is all about. Fact is, very very few people, if engaged by Megan Fox or the genuine opportunity to do so in real life (assuming both parties were single), would pass up the opportunity sans intimidation, even if they were the grumbling sour-grapes type.

this league thing is a bunch made up stuff

No it's not. If you haven't noticed the obvious out there, and backed by study after study that shouldn't even be done because it's painstakingly obvious to just about every person with a shred of self-esteem, many people can differ in looks & status among the populous' opinion.

my point is everyones standards are different

For a majority of the people, not completely different, no. There are major major differences with some folks -- very true. But again, that still is not going make everyone's tastes distributed randomly, I'm sorry. It's a FACT that people's tastes in looks & status is not distributed randomly. It's not all 100% the same, and you can get a particular set of people where yeah, it can be seen as that. But there are many people out there who can brought to the table, where the subjective judgment by a wide audience on looks & status, will be in line on GENERALLY how desirable they are.

I personally don't want to date a gal that looks like one of my particular ex's. It turns me off, because of who she was and was my ex, etc. Personally, that look of hers has a LOW desirability with me. However, I can also understand that objectively speaking, yes, she is pretty damn good looking and has things going for herself. My personal biased taste does not bring down her desirability with the opposite sex passing by her. Some guys won't think of her as a hottie. Many will say "yeah, she's a 'hottie'". Some will say it will follow that with a 'wow'. And a few may say, "*I* don't like how she looks at all" (even though it's not drummed up).

I'd like to take someone who claims that tastes in look in the opposite sex has ZERO commonality among the people, and that everyone on earth is going to get an equal rating from looking good to looking bad...

1. I would tell them to shave half their head off, wear dirty clothes that bums wear, walk with a limp, wear a fake gut if they don't have one, and see if that changes their desirability among the opposite sex when their PERSONA is exactly the same.

2. Allow me to take two women I get to select to walk into a bar with many single, in-shape guys in it... Two gals who me, Mr BS, believes that one is gorgeous amonst the guys, and one is truly close to a "1" in most guys' eyes. Hey, what do I know, right? He/she will get paid $1,000 if they can choose which one will get more attention to every bar we go out to observing it. We can repeat this experiment 100 different nights, with a different set of two gals I choose. I KNOW who they will pick and win $1,000 EVERY time. What they may say in the forums is one thing -- but they KNOW in reality what the opposite sex ends up going for.

I would do the SAME thing when it comes to a set of two guys I could choose with the same general persona, in relation to how well they fair within a bar with single nice-looking ladies of even a mixed crowd. In the end, you KNOW who is more desirable amongst the masses. You can be stubborn, but you wouldn't turn down $100,000 for the obvious if placed in front of you.
 RushLuv
Msg: 341
Dating within' your League
Posted: 7/1/2010 1:13:54 PM
@ a few of the people in this thread. Just because you folks find Megan Fox attractive, doesn't mean other men will feel the same way.
 Ailliss
Msg: 342
Posted: 7/1/2010 1:47:10 PM

simple put Megan Fox is not my type~Apollodorus~

That’s ok. But saying she is a one is not logical.

What is most appalling is that Bryan Austin Greene married her!
She is the antithesis of everything he normally respects and likes.
Before you ask, yes I know him AND his family.
What a pity….I predict divorce within a few months.
She is an airhead, her latest quote,

Megan Fox: 'Take Out the White Trash'
By Sarah Knoploh
Created 06/08/2009 - 12:02

Bad news for those living in “Middle America.” Actress Megan Fox would like Megatron, the evil character from her new movie “Transformers,” to blow you up. Kat Giantis, of Wonderwall, reported the actress was recently interviewed [1]by “Total Film UK.” Although nobody asked her who she would like Megatron to obliterate, she volunteered it anyway.
When asked how she would stop the ruthless Megatron from demolishing the world, Fox first said that she would “barter with him.” She then, however, went on to say, “... and instead of the entire planet, can you just take out all of the white trash, hillbilly, anti-gay, super bible-beating people in Middle America?"
How tolerant.
Fox, however, has made other controversial comments in the past. When talking to London’s “Daily Mirror” on June 6 about how much she dislikes onscreen kissing, she, “equated big-screen love scenes to prostitution.” She also stated in 2008 that, “Mickey Mouse folks [2] ‘make her sick.’” No wonder she doesn’t have any friends and never leaves her house [3]. While Fox may be a star on the big screen, her words certainly don’t make her shine.

Guess calling HER, Fox, white trash was not so unfair after all.

Leagues exist as do equalizers.

Most of the time, when persons refuse to recognize this fact, they end up on here with threads of this sort, “I’ve sent out 1,000,000,000 messages and not 1 (one) response”.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 343
Posted: 7/1/2010 3:56:54 PM

Maybe I should have used 'astrology', ha. Sure I believe astrology exists, that I don't believe what it describes....but there are many who do.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this out of wanting-to-be-argumentative sake... you're actually missing what I'm saying. We are not on the same topic. It's a false comparison, they're different not in a topic of conversation, but in concept to compare one another. Here, I'll use something related to astrology to make a legit comparison:

1a. Some believe stars exist. Do stars exist? Yes. Can someone point out a star incorrectly? Yes ("Hey, that's Venus, that's not a star").

1b. Some believe that two people CAN have -clearly- more or less attractive looks & status in the eyes of the public. Does that exist? Yes*. Can someone point out such a clear differential incorrectly? Yes, very hastily I might add, too ("No, she/he is not out of his/her 'league'")

2a. Some believe the arrangement of stars plays a role on someone's personality. Does that belief exist? Yes. Is it true? It's not scientifically or close to scientifically verified, so I'd have to say No.

2b. Some believe that a clear difference in attractive looks & status between two people, in the eyes of the general public, significantly affect's one person's chances in terms of garnering interest of the other. Does that belief exist? Yes. Is it true? It has scientific verification and common-Joe verification WHEN there really IS a clear difference.

* = If you agree, you understand there are 'leagues' as people describe them by looks & status. You may not believe that they should "place you in a league", but league is used as a comparison.

Nature didn't give people leagues, it gave them looks and abilities.

Exactly -- leagues is a comparative TERM to describe the difference between two people's looks & status (which is many times carved out by their abilities; abilities to offer, succeed, etc).
 DivineBovine
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 4:14:24 PM

People have self imposed leagues on themselves for ages.

"self-imposed"?

hardly.

when you're overweight, the whole of North American society appears to be against you. and that's NOT "self-imposed".
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 346
Posted: 7/1/2010 4:28:26 PM
Funny, I never think in leagues. I see a guy I think is cute and might be interesting, I talk to him. He either finds me cute and possiby interesting or he doesn't. From there I either decide after knowing him a while that I'm still interested or not, and he does the same.

My friends and I never gush about the same guy - that alone tells me who I think is cute is probably not the same guy everyone else thinks is cute, which sort of makes leagues hard to swallow outside someone's personal beliefs.

I'm aware others think about leagues - but I just respond to someone or not - and whatever comes of it comes of it.

*shrug*
 MsMicki
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 4:31:25 PM
Actually Divine Bovine..... it is self imposed.
and it's self inflicted.

you actually nailed it when you said "appears" to be against you.
That is your own image you have created.

Overweight people have the same opportunities as the rest of the world.....
There are numerous that are absolutely beautiful.
You can be rich, famous, hold a great job, dress as well as everyone else, etc.

Society isn't against you........but your own insecurities are.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 4:45:45 PM
Overweight people have the same opportunities as the rest of the world.....

Gotta disagree. People lose jobs all the time because of their appearance. It happens primarily in the entertainment or fashion industry. For instance, I've never seen overweight swimsuit models in mainstream magazines.

In the same vein, I've never seen average looking women in cosmetic commercials even though they're the ones who could benefit from it the most.

The way she carries herself in her movies is a big turn off to me, her dress, her demeanor, it makes her look ugly in my eyes, anyone who has to be displayed like that is ugly, I dont like her hair colour or her eyes either. in my eyes she looks anorexic and her boobs are just to fake for me, everything is just to fake about her

Actors are supposed to portray characters a certain way using acting/wardrobe/make-up to make the story believable. Sounds like you have trouble separating fantasy from reality.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 5:58:40 PM
Ms. Micki wrote:

"Overweight people have the same opportunities as the rest of the world.....'

SingleGuy4912:

Gotta disagree. People lose jobs all the time because of their appearance.

thank you.

there are actually studies PROVING that "overweight" people make less money, get worse grades in school" etc. etc. etc. than "normal" weight people.

and, as a thread on another forum shows, "fat" women do worse in dating than "fat" men.

i will grant you that "fat" is subjective.

but in North American society, where weight is scrutinized to the NTH degree, "fat" for women seems to be anything over a size 8. people like me have few options.
 MsMicki
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 7:57:16 PM
Ya'll sure do seem to be focusing alot on Hollywood in this thread.

Not sure about the rest of you.......but my life has absolutely nothing to do with
Hollywood, actors, singers, directors or models.

I'm talking about the real world.
In my world, heavier people have the same opportunities as the rest of the people.
They go to college, they date, they get married, they even have sex!!
Some are business owners or management, some are lawyers and doctors,
they own their own homes, cars, boats and motorcycles.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty". Winston Churchill
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 351
Posted: 7/2/2010 7:49:25 AM

The way she carries herself in her movies is a big turn off to me, her dress, her demeanor, it makes her look ugly in my eyes, anyone who has to be displayed like that is ugly, I dont like her hair colour or her eyes either. in my eyes she looks anorexic and her boobs are just to fake for me, everything is just to fake about her

so you labeled her a "whore" & "Trailer trash"..?

nice acceptance & tolerance level there? where ? she is a human being too, even if you don't like the way she looks.

(1) you proved nothing really, except how independent minded you are, or say you are.
I originally said it is RARE for one person's 10 to be another's 1 not 'impossible' .

(2) I simply don't believe you rating her as a "1". are you a straight male? I can see much lower than 10, but not a 1. is she plainer/uglier than Susan Boyle, IYO? even Boyle is not a 1.

she is still ways more people's '10 'or '9' or at least '8', than many peoples' '1' .very few would rate her as a one, she would have more dating opportunities than she would know what to do with, even in a small town. 1000 X as many as Susan Boyle or a lookalike of her. it is exaggerated because she is in movies and seen internationally; the are many gorgeous women that are only known in their small town r small part of a city because they're not working in show biz.

I can see some people not liking/being attracted to her precisely because she is in show-biz, a phony world, but they might be attracted to a similar-looking non-celeb.

(3)we talked about celebs, whom do you find attractive? Susan Boyle? maybe you're one of those guys more attracted to Brad Pitt than to Megan Fox?

maybe you're more attracted to guys than to pretty girls?

whether you like the way someone looks or not, to label her as a "whore" , "trailer trash" and 'trashy' is a little over the top for someone I take it you have not ever met, isn't it? really?

also, who really cares what she SAYS in interviews? we were talking primarily about leagues/attraction based on looks ( & other factors such as status/wealth) .

I've never looked to actors, or other entertainers as being sources or founts of "WISDOM".. why would they be? they are entertainers, in a world of make-believe, generally not trained scientists or philosophers..

also some, I believe do exaggerate their vapidity to relate to a broad audience and make people (the audience) feel superior to them and thus like them more -see Paris Hilton, lol
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 352
Posted: 7/2/2010 8:50:18 AM
also just on the actor/actress, esp. Megan Fox thing.

I think it's probably natural for most of us to feel some resentment towards someone who makes as much money in one or 2 days of "work" as many of us do in a year

that's human nature, resentment, envy, bitterness, morphing even to hatred

VVV

Lindsay Lohan? that junkie, alcoholic, drug addict, skank? funny that you labelled Megan Fox as a 'whore' - hasn't Lindsay Lohan been photographed in public with her tits & her coozie all hanging out (short skirt /no undies a la Britney Spears/Paris Hilton et al)?

how does Lohan qualify as 'on-whore' and Fox as 'whore'? or do you just find the whorish Lohan to be YOUR TYPE of whore? LMAO..

don't even know who the other person is..true, tastes do vary. I'd really be afraid of getting with Lohan, I'd want her to be STD tested immediately before_ actually scratch that - I wouldn't even want to to her -wouldn't date her if I was paid as you said.. lol

whom do you find attractive?

lindsay lohan,ALLISON MACK.. etc

whom do you find attractive?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:25:22 AM
lindsay lohan,ALLISON MACK.. etc

I hate to break this to you but.....
.....Lindsay Lohan is a cokehead and trailer trash in real life. She's been in and out of rehab several times. Her looks peaked several years ago and she's only 24. Sad.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 355
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:49:07 AM
^^

yeah, I never found the bright red inflamed nostrils , caked on white powder and constant sniffling, together with wired, irritatingly nervous, paranoid, shaking activity very 'attractive'

to each their own I guess. not to mention getting the calls at 3 a.m. from the police holding cell or jail , or maybe hospital you'd get with Lohan.

frequent absences for her to in rehab, or drying out from the latest alcoholic bender, or trying to decide whether she's attracted to guys or girls, begging one of her lesbian buddies to take her back

seeing the tabloid shots of her begin extremely "whorish" i.e. flashing her bare titties or coozie in public, with photographers around - no- a very long ways from what I'd want in a girlfriend.

see, people can have different tastes, but for you to dismiss Megan Fox as "looking like a whore" or 'benign a whore' or being 'trashy' or looking like 'trailer trash', then turning around and saying you 'like' Lindsay Lohan, just defies logic . Lohan has Fox beat in all these areas, looking like, being, acting whorish & trashy, drug-taking, boozing, flashing bare mammaries and vulva in public, etc.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 357
Posted: 7/2/2010 10:28:29 AM
not preferences but specifically she acts way more like a "WHORE" than Megan Fox does, to my knowledge, anything I've seen it public

do you not find it "whorish" to go out to a club with a short mini-skirt on, no underwear, i.e. bare vagina, and flash your kunt lips at photographers, getting out of the car, spread your legs wide thus allowing them a good shot of that bare genitalia?

you know what, I think you are a TROLL, not even serious ..

just saying outlandish stuff to get attention. you 'dismiss' Fox as 'looking like a whore'

but you say you like Lohan who ACTS like a whore..in public.

you are not even making sense at all -just proving C-R's point.. some people are so DESPERATE to "prove" that they are 'individuals' , how individualistic they are, that they will automatically say the opposite of what other people say, or popular opinion seems to be...just to be controversial, get attention, or seem 'outrageous'

ya know, calculating or polling what most other people seem to say or do, then doing or saying the opposite as much as you can, is not really being 'individual', not making your own choices, you are still being controlled by the thoughts of others

OK here's your gold medal!!

you're an "INDIVIDUAL"; you think better and different than most people

happy now?

yeah I might beat you, I daydream and dream about and beat off to pics of Susan Boyle

I think every popular Hollywood actress or singer today, or ever in history, is a total pig and I daydream about victims of industrial and other vehicle accidents! WOW! see what an 'individual' I am, with a 'mind of my own'! :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 358
Posted: 7/2/2010 11:25:24 AM

but my life has absolutely nothing to do with Hollywood, actors, singers, directors or models.

True, and I'll even weed that out, but it isn't about you, it's about "overweight people". And I'll even make it more clear... folks who are clearly, visibly overweight (not someone who literally has a 'few extra pounds').

They don't have the same opportunities in the dating circuit with the same people as someone who isn't clearly overweight, all other things being equal. Put someone 60lbs overweight with a horrible haircut and fashion sense that would make grandpa wince, and get them toned with a decent haircut and at least just a normal wardrobe, and their opportunities will skyrocket from where it was before. And, as previously noted, they'll gain more respect in society when it comes to jobs, etc. Now, maybe not with YOU, but again, we're talking about society. Those who confuse the blatantly obvious with pessimism are not in the ideal state.

With that said, no, it doesn't mean someone who is clearly overweight has NO opportunities with ANYONE. Hence, leagues, in reference to 'anyone'. They'll have more fitting opportunities with those whose desirability is more or less within the same ballpark, all other things being roughly the same.

its called preferences and you just proved my point, I find lindsay lohan a 10 and you do not

Nobody... nobody here is arguing that there's differences in preferences. The fallacy that many people fall into, and not just with this topic, is that if you can find subjectivity in something, that automatically means its whole concept is wholely subjective. They can't put their mind around the fact that subjectivity plays a ROLE, and in some particulars boil right down to just pure subjectivity, but not in all situations... many times there's a clear trend.

some people are so DESPERATE to "prove" that they are 'individuals' , how individualistic they are, that they will automatically say the opposite of what other people say, or popular opinion seems to be...just to be controversial, get attention, or seem 'outrageous'

Yup! And it's not only with folks who are blatantly like that, either. Some people are like that passively, too. I believe a lot of people want to believe that nobody can ever shed light on what they like or may like... and talking about what "people" tend to like vs something else, it hits their insecurities indirectly.

I think we're all affect subconsciously to some degree about a variety of things, that we don't know about, when it comes to our tastes (do we really track all that stuff about everything?). But you point out the ways & means about people -- they want to go against it. They want to be so individualistic that they'll lie to themselves about it. They don't want any aspect of their desires to be predictable unless they already wholeheartedly believe it. They don't want someone else telling them how they even MAY feel -- they want to battle against it to preserve as much individuality as can be. Accuracy in statements? Phhhht. I gotta protect my pride! My individuality! :)
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2010 12:21:34 PM

why does it defy logic

Because Lindsay represents everthing you say you hate about Megan.

Congratulations! Your troll post has sent sarniafairyboy into such a tizzy that I am
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 365
Posted: 7/3/2010 12:22:12 AM

does the target of your advances believe that there is a league and are you not in theirs?

EXCELLENT. That's the point. People say things like "I dont care about what people think" (even tho they do), and "I don't think that way" (even tho it has nothing to do with just them at all)... if a wide variety of people ride on looks & status as far as getting a foot in the door, that will affect your chances. In fact, that IS the "existence" of 'leagues'. It's the (hold your breath, out on a limb) "assumption" that most people out there gravitate toward folks with good looks & status to wield a chance at garnering their interest.

For those who have complained that far too many people judge on looks & status in some combinational form -- congrats. You believe in the existence of 'leagues'. It's about the population and their tastes, not about what you'd like Joe-Average or Johnny-Sub-Par to believe when they are too intimidated to approach gals... or what one would think would be best for society, or how some people (stretching the truth) seem to be.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 367
Posted: 7/4/2010 12:06:58 PM
^^^^

Monica Lewinsky.

She had (at the time) the most powerful man in elected office in more than the palm of her hand.

did she? well, yes, probably, but also in the depth of her mouth & throat..it seemed that Bill would do anything available with 2 legs & a heartbeat so I'm not sure Monica achieved much 'distinction'.

And as far as fat guys go, the equalizer to that was /is/always has been large doses of fame, money, celebrity, humor. Love him or hate him, you know Larry the Cable guy has groupies, Jack Black, John Belushi...etc.

ah, OK , I see, so all the fat guys have to do is get a lot of money, fame, and become nationally/internationally famous comedians, AND have access to large quantities of illicit drugs.

thanks so much for that 'solution'. .yes large amounts of $$$$$$$$$ and fame do counteract the big gut to some extent.. but that's another aspect of the 'league' concept - $$ & fame
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 368
Posted: 7/4/2010 1:23:45 PM

there are a plethora of guys who think anything over a size 8 is "fat"

Not necessarily.I don't go by sizes -- and the market's weird about female waist sizes, and doesn't reflect actual inches -- so no, it's not marketing to make guys want skinnier gals. Our country IS getting fat.

I, and most guys, go by how a lady looks. I'm sure there are higher sizes where a woman carries her weight well, and can get away with a size or two higher than another gal.

Looked up size 8 on waist. Varies. Basically from about 28-30 inches. Let's call it 29 on average. A plethora of guys won't think of a gal as fat with a 29 inch waist line. She could have a gut hanging over it, I guess and be called fat, sure. But the size of the waist doesn't tell the whole story about a gal being fat.

i put on my page that i'm over a size 8

Okay, over a size 8. So maybe a size 10-12? Sizes vary, but once a gal says "I'm not skinny! If you want a Barbie, go elsewhere!", yes, they run and should run. Most guys are not stuck on Barbie -- that's fodder to boost the ladies' self esteem who need to lose weight. Guys should run if a gal is hung up on weight. There are gals who do NOT need to lose weight and all hung up on it and that can get annoying.

Guys aren't looking for barbie, but yes, a lady who isn't clearly obese has a better body than a lady who is clearly obese. But there is no fixation on REAL twigs... Real twigs meaning not "what I want to look like ideally", but actual twigs that are thought to be THE way. Many women's magazines push for women to be thinner. Guys aren't affected by women's magazines. Guys are more attracted to women who don't look fat -- regardless of their size.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 370
Posted: 7/7/2010 4:26:12 PM

That means you can be 50-35-50 and still be attractive to a large number of men.

that's the theory -but the # attracted to 50-35-50 is still going to a lot less than the # attracted to 36-25-26 or 34-24-34 or. 38 -26-37, or.. etc.. you get the idea..?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 371
Posted: 7/8/2010 7:03:16 AM

I was just simply stating that there are no leagues because 1 persons 10 is another persons 1

Now hold on a minute there.

Can't you see that you even using that terminology means there are leagues afloat?

You yourself are saying someone is a 10 to one person and could be a 1 to another.

Someone who really doesn't think there are leagues is completely baffled by the 1-10 scale thing.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 373
Posted: 7/8/2010 8:56:15 AM

I can only date "up" so it's no issue.

You can't date "down" because you choose not to date those you consider to be beneath you, or because you feel there isn't anyone beneath you?
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 374
Posted: 7/11/2010 1:16:55 PM
appollodorus' "hottie" Lindsay Lohan is going to jail now for violating probation orders relating to previous DUI & possession convictions..lol.

so much 'better' than 'trailer trash'? ;)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 376
Posted: 7/12/2010 7:06:49 PM

There is a reason why the plastic surgery profession, the diet industry, the physical fitness industry, the makeup industry and the fashion industry make a killing....people want to be in the top league.

Yep. Some people like to think marketing makes us like attractive people, which is laughable. I think marketing pushes us more, what is already natural, to have more than others. And (food & party) marketing entices us to be more obese (less attractive) in the opposite direction, hence a widening gap between the haves and have-nots.... hence the 'unfair' cries.

Try not putting up a photo and see how many responses you get. Then put up a photo of a really hot man/woman and see how many responses you get. I guarantee you will get more the more you approach the norm of what is considered attractive by society's standards.

Yep. Goes for both genders. Hence, 'leagues' is just a term of comparison, noting that one person is wanted significantly more than another. We all know that exists, but some choose to deny it, I guess.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >