Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 20
view profile
History
How often do you date?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
hmmm, let's see....i've been in here between this name and my old name since 6/06 and in another singles site for about 3 1/2 years to date and had only 8 1st dates and i can name them all plus i was stood up once. oh well, you win some, you lose some....most of the time i'm on the losing end but life goes on. my problem is younger guys contact me and want me for a play thing, older guys contact me that are too old for me and i'm too far from anyone close to my own age and a few years older.
 c_deacon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:57:01 AM
Damn......He has me beat........I think?.....

OT.........Just like I do not keep count of my sexual partners over the years, I also do not keep track of my dates........Just enjoy the opportunity when one or both occur.......

Just my opinion........
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 32
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/13/2008 8:54:56 PM
I am on and off with the dating world. When I'm "on", most of the time it's twice per week. When I'm "off", I turn down numerous opportunites and parties and stuff. It usually means I am NOT at all into people, playing nice, or acting happy (doesn't mean I am NOT happy, I just don't want to smile and pretend).
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 35
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/15/2008 8:33:49 AM
Hmmmmm, currently, it's been once a month for the two months I've been on my own. Not for lack of trying though. My wit and charm must be scaring them away. (Though I talk to both of them on chat almost daily, one is two hours away, the other is just super busy)
 fancynanci
Msg: 36
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/16/2008 4:23:55 PM
I date often, but I am looking forward to the day I fall in love again & only see ONE MAN.
 bowielover
Msg: 38
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:45:30 PM
I hear you. If books were dates I'd be the politically correct word for a "slut" now that I think about it. Tonight I've got a date with the best of David Bowie and some Orange Crush! Oh yeah!
 Sketchness
Msg: 45
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:08:49 AM
I have been on 6 first dates in the last 2 years. Only one of which went anywhere. Which is okay with me. Except for the one where i felt like a conversational architect, and they say guys don't know how to communicate.
 bowielover
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:13:39 AM
OP- Wow! Just WOW! I'd die.
Dave - You're lucky I have my decoder ring on.
I'm off to spend some time with Bob Seger and a bottle of SunDrop. Oh YEAH!
 grkboy
Msg: 53
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:57:09 PM
Haven't been out on a date since last November...mostly by choice. Was taking time to get over some personal issues.

Now...I'm more just wading through the world around me and seeing what I meet.
 komodo
Msg: 59
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:23:05 AM
Quality is way more important than quantity.
 nobrumski
Msg: 60
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:35:41 PM
I really don't. Anyone I dated I knew beforehand through my circle of friends and the relationship just developed. I probably haven't been on a true date in 10 years or so. I think I have been single for almost two or possibly three years.
 jeweelee
Msg: 83
How often do you date?
Posted: 5/27/2008 6:34:14 PM
I don't date very frequently either. I usually go on a couple dates a year , if I am lucky. Trust me, that gets a bit depressing. But... I do alot of things on my own instead. So if I do meet a guy that s interested in going out, that's fine too. I've been single too long to worry bout whether I am or am not going out on a weekend night. Friday's are usually my night to take myself out. Hey, if you can't enjoy yourself...who ever will? : )
 Ferruginous
Msg: 90
How often do you date?
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:57:33 PM
How often do you date?
I don't.

Although I generally don't mind meeting new people, and making friends, I despise dating.

I'm certainly willing to go out on a date with the right person.
But I have no intentions of going on a date with the first person who's available, just so I can say I have a date.
 horses44
Msg: 92
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 6/7/2008 7:36:27 PM
ssshhhh - don't tell ANYONE - I have a date with two men tonite - Ben and Jerry's

That date has been very consistent for far too long
 Stickpit
Msg: 95
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:27:45 AM
every guy wants sex... you say you'd date more if a guy spoke properly to you? What would you like, a shakespearian accent? ALL guys want sex!! In fact pretty much every dude you'll ever speak to wants sex.

Maybe you need to update your profile... for some reason you're attracting guys who don't speak properly. I'm surprised you get any replys with all the relationship and marriage talk, at least your upfront... but it's a dating site, lose that stuff.

That's just my opinion, which you can toss away.
 TimeMarchesOn
Msg: 96
How often do you date?
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:55:34 AM
I tend to make more friend kind of relationships than companionship kind of relationships. I'm wanting to relocate so I'm not really dating anyone. I do meet with people an go hiking and once in a while we'll go eat after the walk/hike. I suppose if your considering them meetings to go hiking a date then something like 3 times per month. Just the word dating kind of reminds me of high school. I prefer to call it a meeting. I call it seeing someone, not dating someone.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 97
How often do you date?
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:29:39 PM
This is going to sound dippy. I have a silly question and I'm being serious. I'm not a "dating" type person. I actually don't know what constitutes a "date". Can anyone explain to me please since I list it as what I'm looking for in my profile, LOL.

If it means, when was the last time you went out with someone on a one on one basis that I'm hoping to form a relationship with, then I would say last month. But I don't do it often.

Also, lets say I go out to a place and meet someone the same day and talk to them for a couple of hours at a bar or such, would that be a date too OR does it have to be a formal dating setting like dinner and a movie?
 setuid
Msg: 100
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:47:33 PM

How often do you date?

4 times in the last 7 days, with 3 different women. I blew off a 5th because she kept comparing me to her ex-husband before a really nice picnic I had planned for Saturday afternoon, and I decided it was too much stress and too much drama.

All of the dates were, as always, disastrous after I peeled back a few layers and realized what was beneath.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 101
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:21:24 PM
Not often enough!!!
 hellosara
Msg: 122
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 12/8/2008 6:39:33 PM
I don't think I've ever been on a real date, and I am 44.
 entrepreneur08
Msg: 125
How often do you date?
Posted: 12/14/2008 1:53:37 AM
I have had 5 dates in the last 5 weeks with 5 different women lol. That's all the time I can commit to dating which is once a week unless I am involved with one person , then and only I put more time into it. And after those 5 dates lol which were basically waste of time I would much rather find one person and see her a couple or more times a week.

Oh no Two were Ok I got to see 2 good movies lol. Quantum of Solace and Transporter3.
 DLo!
Msg: 126
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:26:22 PM
I don't go on Dates.....I just go out. dating zero- going out 2 times a week
 manlypicard
Msg: 128
view profile
History
How often do you date?
Posted: 5/21/2009 2:35:10 AM
Hmmm... let's see... Reagan was in the White House...j/k. It's actually hasn't been that long ago. Last month. My work keeps me too busy to focus my attention on it though. I guess you could say it's pretty normal for someone my age. There are however the exceptions to every norm. Don't take it too hard... if you're not 'feeling it', then perhaps it's just not the time to put yourself out there. I'll be the same way. If I 'feel it', I'm there. If not... I don't sweat it. Maybe the book or the movie is better at the time.
 barbee1970
Msg: 130
How often do you date?
Posted: 5/21/2009 9:42:51 AM
Not much, but I'm getting older. I kind of get to the point where I enjoy being single.

I always want people in my life, though. Last relationship was over 5 yrs ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >