Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the run      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zgirlbeautiful
Msg: 26
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
the problem i have with having sex on the first date is that then i want to do it or talk about it all the time and really don't get the chance to build the friendship.
 fordfan
Msg: 27
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:43:14 PM
if your sleeping with someone on the first date are you really looking for a relationship that will last?,i wasnt so it was all good
 jennthelpn
Msg: 28
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:47:11 PM

I have just decided to have sex if I love them and that would be after knowing them for awhile. I didn't want a long stream of men coming and going by me just for sex. It really is too much of a letdown to have it over once the sex has occurred or to have the interest level die off so if I do sleep with a man, which being single is something I only think about now, it is because we have decided to have a relationship that included love, sex, and friendship. Physical connections are a dime a dozen and happen all the time, should we act on them just because they exist? I dont think so. I'll wait for the real deal.

motherbear NAILED this answer for me...so same for me!

I want it to MEAN something now...if I just wanted to fukk, with no connection and no friendship and no possible chance of a relationship, I would fukk my neighbor....but nah, I am all growed up now, and have decided that for ME I will wait for someone whom I truly truly care for and can see a future with ....
 Restless0ne
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:52:10 PM
It's kind of a individual thing....I have buddies who won't get serious with girls that do right a way and ones who don't care......me personally.....how the hell can I look down on someone and dismiss them when I'm doing the same thing.....just my 2 cents
 JUSTINBOY88
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:06:18 PM
i am not saying that a good relationship can't happen after you have slept with a girl on the first date.ive had two good relationships happen after we did that but i know thats on the rare side,and i also was a few years younger. at my age i want the kind of relationship were i can look at her in the morning with her hair a mess,no make up,morning breath,her complaining that she had nothing to wear,just generally looking as unappealing as you do in the morning.then still think to my self that damn i do love this women and i want to be with her forever.a feeling like that is not based on sex but something deeper and lasting which takes time to build.once youve built a good relationship like that the sex and intimacy is so much better because you know the person.

just my 2 cents to put in also
 donb01
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:26:27 PM
From my perspective I don't think it matters if it happens or not. I have had sex early on with people and have dated them for varying (at least 6 months) lengths of time and had the relationship fizzle out for some other unrelated reason, and I have been a good boy for several dates and have been given crap for not making a major move on someone - it doesn't seem to change a whole lot. Usually the first time with a person is kind of awkward anyway, so you can just get the awkward one out of the way and save the good stuff for later!

On this subject...

That was weird...this site bleeped out the word c o c k y ?? What gives?

The word filter goes one letter at a time when looking at words, and as soon as it sees a pattern match it chops out the offensive chunk. So, for example, a s s u m e would also be edited because it sees the a s s and kills it. At least that is the assumption that I have come to after trying to figure it out.... it might look to see what percentage of the word the offending characters make up or something as well, so bigger words might slip by! (as you can see, assumption was not blocked)
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:33:22 PM
I believe a mature man would not judge you on the fact that you slept with him early on. A lot of men respect the fact that you are woman enough not to play games and give in to your feelings if it feels right.
 honeyimhome
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:40:14 PM
I dont know about a mans stand on this. But mine is this, I think thats the best time to weed out the players from the guys really looking for something real. There are to many men on here saying they want long term..and have the whole story to go with it..but really when it comes down to it, they want a piece of a*s! So if you dont have sex on the first date and they still want to see you again..then maybe a relationship could work.
 Scarlett63
Msg: 34
 Darbie
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:43:11 PM
LOL This question has stalked the minds of humans for ever.
What gives.

Are we not all adults. One of the responders said that if you have sex right away then who else are you giving up to, yes who are you giving it up to. Well honey I hope your a virgin when you settle down with a partner. I think not.

Men want woman to be open minded (how many profiles ask for a nice open minded woman )and when you open up your mind all the sudden your ahhhhh out of the, WHAT the running, and mama you will never meet. lol sorry buddie your loss. Says lots for you tool.

Are we never allowed to leave the highschool mantality. Spear me the tears. Guys get over yourselves and woman you only live once if your attracted then why not.

But this cannot be "all" placed on the guys woman. How many times in the girls washroom have you herd the little snot say something along the lines of "ohhh shes such a slut" perhaps jealious. I really hate the double standard that society has placed on woman. I thought that was supose to have gone out int the 60's during the sexual revolution. And just because you go for it with one guy or 10 guys on the first date a whore it doesn't make. Sexually needful perhaps, and saves on batteries. lol

I have been back on the dating scene for almost 2 yrs now. I am so sick of suffering to protect my reputation, if i choose to good for me if i choose not to then good for me. I would like to know though .......... when did date = sex hmmmmmm?

Will the sexes ever give each other a break. If they drop you for sleeping with them the first night (male or female) then they are not worth a second thought. Shallow comes in all shapes and sizes.
 MissMandy
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:44 PM
It can but it doesn't always. In my experience, it always has ruined any future prospects.
 Restless0ne
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:45:37 PM
Me again......I still dont think it matters......my last two wives were on the first and second date........Thats not why were not together but.........like I said......wouldn't it suck to wait to fall in love and then the sex sucks.............now your in a love filled relationship with lousy sex...............lol......just a thought
 Darbie
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:00:01 PM
I didn't mean to say It says lots for you tool, i ment to. sorry
 acgoat
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:06:14 PM
megwriter

sleeping with someone right away shouldnt change how they/you feel
they were there too werent they, so they must be pretty slutty

now sleeping with the entire team on the same night, well that might be slutty on your part.

if you do sleep with the team, hope I am one of the team, cause you look fine
 Shock and Awe!
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:13:17 PM
If it acts like one and it walks like one isn't it?
 thermo_dynamic_man
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:57:08 PM
What Mother Bear said sounds great to me. I think that's why so many people get divorced, they jumped in the sack too quick without knowing each other. They never were really in love, I think they were just "In Lust".

I think you ladies that want a realtionship should wait a lot longer than the second or third date.
 Monetto
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:11:26 PM
what's all this "in love"/"in lust" garbage? You either want to fukor make it last; not that difficult

my take on it: you do it, then if the conversation is good in the morning, you go for breakfast
 chrispsurf
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:35:24 PM
If it were me (wait'n wish'n) lol ... I would be wondering if it were just that (physical or something else):

I have felt some kind of connection, whether it be just INTENSELY physical or just that kind of feeling like you've known them forever

As long as your open (no pun intended) and honest with your feelings/ intentions I don't see why it would matter.

And the women you marry and women you F---! That's pretty old school and totaly depends on the classification.
 uncle*2
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:02:47 PM
most of the girls i've dated werent meant to be any longer than one night stands (the feeling was mutual, too)- how it happened that we either began dating right away or years after, is still a mystrery in many cases....?
 1Trugent4ya
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:30:37 PM
I would have to say I think it all depends on the female. Me myself I never look or pursue sex right away from someone I'm really interested in. I find that I have alot more respect for females that don't give it up right away, and they show a great deal of appreciation towards me for not being pushy etc...besides I have respect for myself as well. However those situations of feeling a good quick connection or instant chemistry does happen , and leads to a night of sex right away. There's nothing wrong with that especially if the 2 people have a relationship afterwards or at least pursue one.

Then there's the non-girlfriend material type ,you know the one's that just don't give a damn and have made a name for themselves . I don't know about other men but me myself , I could'nt respect or would never date a female who has the label Instant F--K. I'm not trying to catch nothing I can't ever get rid of !
 GigglyOne
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:28:13 PM
I've asked a few friends this. And a lot of them have had sex on the first date, and have ended up dating the person. One of my exes and I had sex on the first date, and we lasted a few years.
 My Nickname
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:39:46 PM
This is a no win question. I have been on both sides before, both have equal merit I think.

And if I am to answer the out of the running question. No, sex right away does not take you out of the running for a relationship.

phoenix guy
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:57:57 PM
well for me, the few girls that i have slept with on the first date, lol or meeting, never went anywhere. i didnt sleep with my fiance for awhile after we got togather. so i have no idea what that means, just thought i would add my two cents, lol. but me personaly, i dont think it matters anymore if you do the wild monkey on the first date. its just all about what you want, i will add that the few times that it has happen, i wouldnt have ,or think that it would of worked out if i dated em
well i done now
heres to all you from phx az
 jeffieb1
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:06:56 AM
YOU do what you want. I think no less of a woman who wants to jump my bones immediately. Actually its hot and if others think less of you, well screw 'em.wrong terminology, huh) My second ex-wife, (of ten years) and I had sex on the first date and we were together for a while. It makes me wanna come back for more. Of course I spose the fact that I fall in love in 30 seconds has something to do with it.
jeff

love often and always
take it easy
tell your babies u love them
kiss your daddy
buy more lipstick
 Kinky_Couple13
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/20/2006 1:42:29 AM
it all depends on the guy i personly like relationships as opposed to one night stands
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?