Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the run      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 donb01
Msg: 26
view profile
History
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
From my perspective I don't think it matters if it happens or not. I have had sex early on with people and have dated them for varying (at least 6 months) lengths of time and had the relationship fizzle out for some other unrelated reason, and I have been a good boy for several dates and have been given crap for not making a major move on someone - it doesn't seem to change a whole lot. Usually the first time with a person is kind of awkward anyway, so you can just get the awkward one out of the way and save the good stuff for later!

On this subject...

That was weird...this site bleeped out the word c o c k y ?? What gives?

The word filter goes one letter at a time when looking at words, and as soon as it sees a pattern match it chops out the offensive chunk. So, for example, a s s u m e would also be edited because it sees the a s s and kills it. At least that is the assumption that I have come to after trying to figure it out.... it might look to see what percentage of the word the offending characters make up or something as well, so bigger words might slip by! (as you can see, assumption was not blocked)
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 27
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:33:22 PM
I believe a mature man would not judge you on the fact that you slept with him early on. A lot of men respect the fact that you are woman enough not to play games and give in to your feelings if it feels right.
 honeyimhome
Msg: 28
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:40:14 PM
I dont know about a mans stand on this. But mine is this, I think thats the best time to weed out the players from the guys really looking for something real. There are to many men on here saying they want long term..and have the whole story to go with it..but really when it comes down to it, they want a piece of a*s! So if you dont have sex on the first date and they still want to see you again..then maybe a relationship could work.
 MissMandy
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:44 PM
It can but it doesn't always. In my experience, it always has ruined any future prospects.
 acgoat
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:06:14 PM
megwriter

sleeping with someone right away shouldnt change how they/you feel
they were there too werent they, so they must be pretty slutty

now sleeping with the entire team on the same night, well that might be slutty on your part.

if you do sleep with the team, hope I am one of the team, cause you look fine
 thermo_dynamic_man
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:57:08 PM
What Mother Bear said sounds great to me. I think that's why so many people get divorced, they jumped in the sack too quick without knowing each other. They never were really in love, I think they were just "In Lust".

I think you ladies that want a realtionship should wait a lot longer than the second or third date.
 chrispsurf
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:35:24 PM
If it were me (wait'n wish'n) lol ... I would be wondering if it were just that (physical or something else):

I have felt some kind of connection, whether it be just INTENSELY physical or just that kind of feeling like you've known them forever

As long as your open (no pun intended) and honest with your feelings/ intentions I don't see why it would matter.

And the women you marry and women you F---! That's pretty old school and totaly depends on the classification.
 1Trugent4ya
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:30:37 PM
I would have to say I think it all depends on the female. Me myself I never look or pursue sex right away from someone I'm really interested in. I find that I have alot more respect for females that don't give it up right away, and they show a great deal of appreciation towards me for not being pushy etc...besides I have respect for myself as well. However those situations of feeling a good quick connection or instant chemistry does happen , and leads to a night of sex right away. There's nothing wrong with that especially if the 2 people have a relationship afterwards or at least pursue one.

Then there's the non-girlfriend material type ,you know the one's that just don't give a damn and have made a name for themselves . I don't know about other men but me myself , I could'nt respect or would never date a female who has the label Instant F--K. I'm not trying to catch nothing I can't ever get rid of !
 phoenix guy
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:57:57 PM
well for me, the few girls that i have slept with on the first date, lol or meeting, never went anywhere. i didnt sleep with my fiance for awhile after we got togather. so i have no idea what that means, just thought i would add my two cents, lol. but me personaly, i dont think it matters anymore if you do the wild monkey on the first date. its just all about what you want, i will add that the few times that it has happen, i wouldnt have ,or think that it would of worked out if i dated em
well i done now
heres to all you from phx az
 jeffieb1
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:06:56 AM
YOU do what you want. I think no less of a woman who wants to jump my bones immediately. Actually its hot and if others think less of you, well screw 'em.wrong terminology, huh) My second ex-wife, (of ten years) and I had sex on the first date and we were together for a while. It makes me wanna come back for more. Of course I spose the fact that I fall in love in 30 seconds has something to do with it.
jeff

love often and always
take it easy
tell your babies u love them
kiss your daddy
buy more lipstick
 Kinky_Couple13
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/20/2006 1:42:29 AM
it all depends on the guy i personly like relationships as opposed to one night stands
 maree12
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:05:10 PM
In no way! I had heavy, very, petting on the second date, third date, sex. I doubt if we would have gotten much further if we had not found we were such compatible lovers. This guy had been married, then separated, so was used to having regular sex, it probably depends then on the guy. If he has been used to regular sex in a relationship then he will just expect to continue on as such, and refusing will likely make him lose interest. But, it is not the reason to have sex! I was hot to have sex with him, if I had not been interested in sex, then this would have been transmitted easily to him, and put him off, having good, enjoyable for both, sex will not harm the relationship, so far as I can see, it is just discovering something else that you both have and enjoy, in common. I do note, that, now, because I am anorgasmic, I feel that having sex right away would ruin my chances of a relationship, who wants to be faithful to someone who only has duty sex. I do not need the guy to know in advance that I am a crap lover.
 fauxbrit05
Msg: 38
 FlexinNC
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:57 PM
Trust me Meg, you are definitely GF material whether you have sex with a guy right away or wait forever.

If a guy would not consider a relationship with you because of sex early on, then I doubt that he is anyone that you would really want to have a relationship with anyway.
 lordmarduc
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:08:37 PM
If i have to wait for sex I'm gone, all my girlfriends, and wives max 10 days wait, most on first date.
 lakelandsm
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:47:46 PM
not out of the running at all..
I have dated ladies I slpet with on the 1st try and I have also gone out with ladies I didnt sleep with and NOT have relationships with them..
i feel i can lay down with them and vice versa who am I to judge her because she found me irresistable that night?

LOL
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:53:40 PM
Ahem.. .. we both know your situations don't count

~Pour
 k.kong
Msg: 43
 killthelights
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:45:56 PM
i made the mistake of having sex with a guy on the 2nd date. it was funny too because before we did he was saying how much he liked me and was going to treat me like a princess. after that i found out he blocked me on msn and i yelled at him. now he is denying that he blocked me. he said it was an "accident" and that he didnt do it on purpose. he seems realli upset and now he is on msn (maybe he unblocked me) i dont kno wat to do do u think i shud believe him? i need ur opinions thanx! :)
 dirtygirlxxx
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:12:11 AM
No, it doesn't and if you are sexually compatible even on the first nite, it only gets better. Geez, if I had to WAIT what about all of the hypothetical situations like

He is small
He sucks in bed
He doesnt know what he is doing
There is no chemistry
You don't cum

At this point in my life sex is VERY important and I was lucky enough to meet someone, yes I banged him the first nite and the sex just keeps getting better and better and OMIGOD I have to go take a cold shower thinking about what I will be doing later!!!!!!!!
 Full Moon Rising
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:20:04 AM
What does right away mean - the first meeting ? I wouldnt have sex with anyone - not even my dog (or the kat) - on the first meeting. If someone wanted to get intimate the first time i met them, she has/will with others too. Not what i want for a longterm partner. Someone seriously wanting a longterm relationship and who has their life together doesnt hop in the sack with someone right off
 casting one last time
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:39:14 AM
^^^^^^
I have to agree ,i am at a point i want a long term and no i wont jump in bed with a man on the first meet i want him to want to know all of me not fucas on sex .we all know when we meet someone where we would like them to fit in our life.just sex ,a friend .or life partner
but if a woman is single all the power to you and men you cant judge her as a bad person because of it
if a woman is needing that why should she go without .would you if it is there ?
and there is nothing wrong with it ..to each their own
play safe and cheers
 bustinnutz76
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:48:19 AM
No it doesn't! frankly how any guy could settle with a women before sleeping with her baffles me. It's like buying a car without a test drive. Granted to some people sex is not everything...well those who have never really had it...but what man or women would want to find out a person sucks in bed after they are trapped? Well to me sex is everything...I don't really care how the woman looks...granted she is not an oger...if she is great in bed and has a good head on her shoulders then that is the deciding factor.

Stop playing with little boys and get with real men....!!
 Genjimasa
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:21:24 PM
If you want an honest man's opinion...no. I met a girl a long time ago, and I was taken with her and her by me, obviously. We ended up in bed together about three times that night, consecutively. Now, we've been together for almost 2 years, and talking about marriage. So, yea, it all depends on the guy and what he wants. I wasn't looking for much more than hot sex that night, but I consider myself lucky.
 Dr. Me
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:39:30 PM
This is a common misconseption . I'm actually more interested in a person who is comfortable with me quickly . That could be sexually ,emotionally , or in a relationship. I've had the best relationships with women that i slept with quickly . And these were actual relationships ...for weeks to months, months to years . The bottom line is maybe it isn't necessary to enforce the double standards anymore . Honestly speaking , the more you make a man work for you and you aren't working as hard for him ,He'll lose interest . Or at least i will ...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?