Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the run      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BBW Just looking
Msg: 51
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
At my stage in life.....what does it matter. If I feel the urge and so does he why would that make me cheap and not him.....equal rights????

I will do as I want and when the right man comes along I will be there for him. Until that time I have to look after my own needs. Friendship, touch, cuddling whatever comes along.

I say go for it girls....if he is the one then he will want is just as much as you.
 maree12
Msg: 52
view profile
History
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:05:10 PM
In no way! I had heavy, very, petting on the second date, third date, sex. I doubt if we would have gotten much further if we had not found we were such compatible lovers. This guy had been married, then separated, so was used to having regular sex, it probably depends then on the guy. If he has been used to regular sex in a relationship then he will just expect to continue on as such, and refusing will likely make him lose interest. But, it is not the reason to have sex! I was hot to have sex with him, if I had not been interested in sex, then this would have been transmitted easily to him, and put him off, having good, enjoyable for both, sex will not harm the relationship, so far as I can see, it is just discovering something else that you both have and enjoy, in common. I do note, that, now, because I am anorgasmic, I feel that having sex right away would ruin my chances of a relationship, who wants to be faithful to someone who only has duty sex. I do not need the guy to know in advance that I am a crap lover.
 pepper2
Msg: 53
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:06:32 PM
Not if he is really good in bed
otherwise cya
 *crescent*
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:38:05 PM
OT:
I really really hope that it doesn't take me out of the running! I am currently in that situation, I haven't been with anyone for a year and a half, and it was just something about this certain someone Who I actually met off of this site...yay pof!!

So I hope that sleeping with someone sooner than later doesn't affect being "girlfriend material"....guess it depends on the guy....
 fauxbrit05
Msg: 55
 rawal
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:22:49 AM
Fact is that you don't do youself any harm by not sleeping with your date on the first date.

And yes there are girls you really want to fcuk but would never consider taking home to meet mom. Certainly not the ones who have sex with you before a first date.
 FlexinNC
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:57 PM
Trust me Meg, you are definitely GF material whether you have sex with a guy right away or wait forever.

If a guy would not consider a relationship with you because of sex early on, then I doubt that he is anyone that you would really want to have a relationship with anyway.
 lordmarduc
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:08:37 PM
If i have to wait for sex I'm gone, all my girlfriends, and wives max 10 days wait, most on first date.
 Spermie.Morphine
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:28:37 AM
well in my personal opinion i dont think it should matter as long as it good but i've been told that it does make a difference if u let them down ur pants and u want it to go further but really if u let sumbody down ur pants dont u think that they would see it as a bonus in a relationship cause well they've already gotten it so they wouldnt have to worry if they are gonna get it later on in the realtionship .. sumtimes the way guys think just doesnt make sense

if i sleep with sumbody i can hope it goes sumwhere but i doubt it would ... i'm assuming most guys just keep u in the "piece of ass" category
 Hezron
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:31:42 AM
All of my relationships have started with sex. Geez people are strange. I think for all of us we are always tryingto find a balancing act between our unconcious natural inclinations and how we are indictrinated and raised by society. The two are very far apart and we get caught in the middle...this most ignoble beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 kanadaa
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:39:23 AM
My bestfriend meets alot of women no matter where we go and has ended up sleeping with them. It's almost like he tests them...and ALOT of the women have failed. When they have failed his supposed test, he will never call them nor see them again. His reasoning is that if they sleep with him the first night, then they probably sleep with just about everyone else on the first night and he wants a woman with some moral fiber for a long term relationship.
 patrickt
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/15/2006 10:25:53 AM
Well Megwriter, I think your male friends are using a double standard here.
I am sure they have no problem going to bed with a woman on a first date, it is unfortunate that they think so little of that date afterwards.

We males and females are all sexual beings, some of us however are a little more ignorant and closed minded about sex than others. I think we all of the right to satisfy our sexual needs however we wish, without feeling guilty about any stigmas created by ignorants.

I personally would not frown on any woman who gave it up to me on the first night.
 fristknight
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:28:54 PM
i dont think it changes anything if you sleep with someone right away or wait personally i have dont both one of my exs i didnt sleep with her almost a year and another the first night
 lakelandsm
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:47:46 PM
not out of the running at all..
I have dated ladies I slpet with on the 1st try and I have also gone out with ladies I didnt sleep with and NOT have relationships with them..
i feel i can lay down with them and vice versa who am I to judge her because she found me irresistable that night?

LOL
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:53:40 PM
Ahem.. .. we both know your situations don't count

~Pour
 janathena
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:00:18 PM
I think that if the chemistry is right then it really shouldn't matter- maybe it helps the situation....BUT...if its forced or theres something weird about it- chemistry, mixed signals, etc and you have sex anyway, then maybe thats not such a good idea.
That said....theres nothing hotter than AMAZING chemistry that leads to AMAZING first date sex.....
 nobody70
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:32 AM
It is not good.

I saw here profile on a sunday, and the next sunday we met but!!!!!!.
During the week before the date on sunday,she was so nice and was sending me 3 times a day text message and sweet mails.
We talk for hours on the phone and where looking forward to meet on that sunday.
That sunday we when to Niagara falls and we had a blast.
In the evening I show her my place and of course we ending in bed.

The next day (monday) was everything over between us.
Only because she was not ready and everything when to fast with us and was scare to be hurt again.

Now i'm back to Zero.
My feelings was so high for here.
 k.kong
Msg: 68
 Blanka
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:18:52 AM
Sex on the first date doesn't change the fact that you are compatible with the other person or not.

I have had sex on a first date and ended up dating a woman for a few years. Other women I have dated without sex and it just fizzled out. There is no guarantee either way, but it let's know know right away if you are physically compatible.

I actually like a woman who is comfortable and confident enough with her body and sexuality to share that pleasure with me at so soon a time. But don't mistake that for just jumping into bed...there is always a connection there between us.
 killthelights
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:45:56 PM
i made the mistake of having sex with a guy on the 2nd date. it was funny too because before we did he was saying how much he liked me and was going to treat me like a princess. after that i found out he blocked me on msn and i yelled at him. now he is denying that he blocked me. he said it was an "accident" and that he didnt do it on purpose. he seems realli upset and now he is on msn (maybe he unblocked me) i dont kno wat to do do u think i shud believe him? i need ur opinions thanx! :)
 roxygemini
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:53:31 PM
If it's good, it will put you in the running for a very healthy and happy relationship in the bedroom...and car...and kitchen...and neighborhood park!

You get my drift!
 webwanderer
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:57:44 PM
I had two long term relationships (4+ years) after having sex on the first date
 rizzo22
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:08:24 PM
'I think thats the best time to weed out the players from the guys really looking for something real.'

I'm veering towards this these days since pretty much every time I have slept with someone early on they lose interest, but the people I have as friends tend to actually become interested as they get to know me. With friendship, you build respect, and its hard to respect someone when you sleep with them right away. It's not so easy to just sleep with a friend as you have to consider that it might ruin the friendship. It also sucks being judged a certain way if you are only seen as someone to f**k. I say one-nighters are usually useless, since usually the two people don't really know what each other wants, sexually or otherwise.
 dirtygirlxxx
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:12:11 AM
No, it doesn't and if you are sexually compatible even on the first nite, it only gets better. Geez, if I had to WAIT what about all of the hypothetical situations like

He is small
He sucks in bed
He doesnt know what he is doing
There is no chemistry
You don't cum

At this point in my life sex is VERY important and I was lucky enough to meet someone, yes I banged him the first nite and the sex just keeps getting better and better and OMIGOD I have to go take a cold shower thinking about what I will be doing later!!!!!!!!
 Full Moon Rising
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:20:04 AM
What does right away mean - the first meeting ? I wouldnt have sex with anyone - not even my dog (or the kat) - on the first meeting. If someone wanted to get intimate the first time i met them, she has/will with others too. Not what i want for a longterm partner. Someone seriously wanting a longterm relationship and who has their life together doesnt hop in the sack with someone right off
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?