Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the run      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynful_38
Msg: 61
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yep !!!!!
It doesn't matter how old or young you are.
Goes both ways too.
If I meet someone and sleep with them on the first date, he's thinking, I bet she does this will all men, even if it's not true, which it's not. AND I'm thinking the same thing. He's easy. Do I really want a relationship with him ?
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 62
view profile
History
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:29:05 PM
If you sleep with a guy right away, that's unfortunate but yes, that means you are not girlfriend material. You may be f*ckfriends, but that's all. Most guys will not consider settling down with a woman who puts out on the first date (or the day you meet). I guess it says something about the woman. If she's gonna sleep with a guy on the first date, she may have done the same with other guys. The third date rule is usually safe if you want to pursue a relationship. Just my 2 cents.
 cotter
Msg: 63
view profile
History
If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?
Posted: 4/19/2006 10:07:22 AM
I assume you're talking about actually having sex right away. Seems kind of "personal" to be exchanging body fluids so quickly ...

What if you just get naked and get really close right away? Does that take you out of the running for a relationship?

Honestly ... I think it's whatever works for the two people who are participating.

If you are a lady and you're thinking this guy is "relationship material" and you're afraid you'll blow it by sleeping with him right away ... hold off.

If you're a guy and you think the lady is "relationship material" and you don't want to give her the impression you just want to get your rocks off ... hold off.

We all just have to do what's comfortable for us ... I don't think there are any rules ..."3rd date or whatever" ... I think we all pretty much know right away if a person is going to be "relationship material".

Just what kind of "relationship" ... that gets determined as the days and weeks go by ... right?

itsallinthesoul
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/29/2006 7:57:04 PM
*sigh* I am truly tired of people that use people for sex and people justifying that behaviour. Sex is great, sex is fun, sex feels good but does it mean anything to anyone anymore? *Heavy sigh*

If someone judges another for having sex too early, do they also judge themselves...TAKES TWO! I mean if they are initiating the sex, what does that say about them? Do they enjoy making someone feel like they just got used and tossed aside? Do they need to do that to make themselves superior or something?

I've been caught in this situation and have had many female friends get caught in it too. In 99.99% of the cases, the men initiated the sex. Can these same men resist the temptation of being with someone they are physically attracted to? If not, then do they realize by their own standards, they are unworthy of a second thought?

Oh never mind....they will never get it anyway!
 dknickerbocker
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:11:37 PM
No... sleeping with someone early on is not the issue... The real issue is that it takes a bit of time to see if someone has relationship potential...

So...If you get physical early then after 3-4 dates find out you aren't a good match... well...

I've been in a serious relationship for about 9 months now... but prior to that I'd say the norm was sleeping with someone on the 2nd or 3rd date... do that 20 or 30 times and you start to feel a bit sleezy... but for me anyway... someone who will get physical early on is not a problem... good chemistry, similar values and interests are the real issue

DK
 torentrap
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:26:25 PM
Not something i'd do , when I 'sleep' with someone it's not before there's mutual love & respect
 chickey-poo
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/29/2006 11:11:15 PM

but i also tend to think, if she slept with me on the first night who else has she

I find it funny, man man wants a woman that is the "girl next door" to everyone else but and animal behind closed doors, but they don't what you to come to them like that. They expect that they should be the man that is going to make that magically happen.

i think if u have sex with a guy right away based on being attracted then if u were in a relationship the guy might think u would sleep with other guys u were attracted to, what im trying to say is although its alright to go with what u feel a guy wants to know u have self control and wont go sleeping with every sexy milkman when u are married

Having sex on the first date only proves 3 things 1. that she is usually pretty horny so sex would happen offten 2. that you have the ability to turn her on fast because she is attracted to you 3. that there will be few if any sexual "hang up" issues to deal with. No where does that prove that she is someone not to be trusted.
 Male_26*
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:00:30 AM
No not in every case depends who you are depends who he is, i know for me i tend to think in the sence of ''easy come easy go'' i think that is reasonable thinking, if he thinks like that even tho he will gladly sleep with you, he will have in the back of his mind, she was easy it could be just as easy for her to be taken away, some guys dont worry about it.

but i have to say in most cases it cant improve your chances.
 stevelfun
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/1/2006 1:32:58 PM
I am with you - however, I believe we might be exceptions.

I think - if you were to find someone 'honest and caring' - it would be all good.

However....
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 70
 LondonAussie
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/1/2006 1:54:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good point!!!

i know that semen has to leave my body on the first date, so if its a case of ****ing her up an alley or having a wank when i get home thinking about it, semen has to leave the body!!
 catrinaone
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/1/2007 11:28:57 AM
I had the way to much to drink last night and let a guy go too far, He just sort of fooled around, but now I am mad he told me to lay on the bed and rest. It was my fault things just got way out of hand.
I am 66 only my second date with him. Now I feel awful.
 Kiwiee
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:20:15 PM
What a choice to make...on the first date or-------- meeting, shall we call it?
I think you should just be homest with yourself at that point and decide what is best for you...and the future.
 1smartfox
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:26:34 PM
Yes. It's not a good idea. Some self control is a good thing to have. It happens but I think most guys would prefer you to resist if they actually like you.
 myrenovating
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/1/2007 2:26:33 PM
no it does not ..i have slept with almost every girl i have gone long turm with the first day
 Amami13
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/1/2007 3:35:40 PM
Well my opinion on this topic definately has to be said!Im kindqa old fashioned for my age.
I really think if you sleep with someone the first date/or time together you are sending off the wrong impression. Only because then you may not be taken seriously. Honestly I really couldnt imagine sleeping with someone right away and it lasting too long. Only because if the sex is goos it would cloud your judgement on everything; you would love the sex rather then then the person. So hey if you are just lookin for booty maybe...but if you are looking for seriousness then wait till the second date!LOL...so jokin!,,,,well not really...*wink * wink*
 .Marc
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 3:39:45 PM
I think it depends on the guy.

I don't have sex lightly... so if I slept with someone right away it'd be because I thought they were something special.
 DustyRose65
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:31:23 PM
I think it does for a lot of men without them really realizing it.
 happyboi
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:55:11 PM
My soon to be ex, and I did it on the first date. We were together for 13 years, after that. So, I would say you can have sex on the first date, and still have a good relationship. I honestly don't think the sex had anything to do with our relationship. It was just a lot more fun, from the get-go. :-)
 jg65
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/29/2007 2:54:37 PM
Oh bollocks, here we go again
waiting is good for nothing
if you are meant to be (couple) then it will be
have always and will forever respect a woman, or would not sleep with her in the first place
all my l/t/r (7 year long and the other 8 yrs long) both started with 1st nite loving, yet 1 girl went out with 6 months without a cuddle
why wait?
other than superstitous nonsense (religion) or what cosmo or other idiots say
love is something shared, how do you look down on someone for sharing themselves????
 TRUTH_AND_HONESTY
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/24/2008 8:24:29 PM
Meg, I have slept with many many women on the first date and will tell you this. I was satisfied with almost all of them right up until weeks or months or years later when they started trying to change who I am. I try to make changes for the good but some changes are just not for me. So, all I can say is be yourself, which there is a good clue in your words that you are, (I like your spunk) and do what you makes you happy. Might as well find out if you match up right off the bat. (You know what I am talking about)
 custis
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/24/2008 10:41:26 PM
It should not matter unless the guy is one of those rednecks with double standards about women.
 pre-datingCoordinator
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/25/2008 12:06:24 AM
The longer you wait, the harder they fall...
It works everytime, sometimes too much and I end up with a total loser pathetically in love with me... or I try and un commit and keep sex and they are too serious to be FWB. That is just guys, I don't know why...

But that is a better position to be in then used....I would rather have a guy too into me than the other way around. ICK...
 Justn_Otherguy
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/25/2008 3:53:29 AM
This is another question that there's no right answer for. What works for one person will most likely not work for another.

For me, it's not a deal breaker. Every significant relationship I've been in began with sex either on the first or second date. I think it's good to know if you're sexually compatible because for a lot of people sex is an important part of the relationship. But there has to be a connection between us to make me want to pursue an intimate encounter. I'm not a one-night-stand kinda guy.

That being said, if I'm into a person, I don't require her to put out during the "getting to know you" phase if she's not comfortable with it. But I would like to know her likes/dislikes up front and generally hands-on experience provides a more complete picture than a discussion. A woman with hangups about sex (either discussing or participating) is probably not someone I want to be involved with anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you sleep with a guy right away, does that take you out of the running for a relationship?