Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 missmilly1970
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Saying Thank You after sexPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Both sound better than "I know you're there. I can hear you breathing."
 Mainey
Msg: 33
Saying Thank You after sex
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:29:29 AM
My ex used to say thankyou sometimes afterwards and I did realise it was usually times when he really enjoyed it,,, so I say take it as a compliment. The first time my ex said it I thought it was a little weird, but after a few times I realised when it was being said and so from then on I took it as a compliment.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/15/2008 6:13:44 AM
Only worry if he hands you $50.00 and asks if you have $20.00 change after sex !!

Depends on the circumstances of course and it if was a wonderful experience shared by 2 mutually attracted adults then there should not be an issue. Perhaps he needed some wd40 as it may have been some time for him or he had issues before about letting his emotions go ?
 missmilly1970
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:30:45 AM
You'll meet guys that are better!

You're too cute & intelligent to put up with that!

Many guys will be hanging to date you! Trust me.......... he's not that wonderful! He didn't get you!!!!!

Put him down him down to a learning experience!

There will be plenty of guys that can't wait to go out with you!!! They'll make much more of an effort and hey.............. they may even deserve you!!!

Make the most of being an amazing, attractive, intelligent gal!

Take care!
 InSydney
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:58:57 AM
MerryMermaid® (I didn't know people could have registered trademarks on a username) I'm appalled that you didn't say "You're welcome" LOL!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2008 3:13:16 AM
msg 39. merrymaid,

He was not an absolutely wonderful guy!!!! Trust your gut !

There are many wonderful men out there!
 goldcoastblonde
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:21:08 PM
Ummm i am not into just jumping in the cot....say thanks???

Hell NO i say when are we gettin hitched
 goldcoastblonde
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:25:35 PM
Now thats better!!! I like your attitude sailor boy!!!

Cheers
 goldcoastblonde
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/18/2008 8:50:00 PM
I love your attitude too!! baronoz70

Cheers Cher
 InSydney
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/19/2008 3:01:11 AM
Can somebody pleeeeeeeease translate what showmeanace just said at #82?

I think postings this brief can be posted.....we'll just have to wait and see :)
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2008 2:39:15 AM
i once said thank you to a girl that became a girlfriend but never again because it sounds like she did me a favour not because she wanted to. I thought to myself that it was a fair point. Sex is mutual and both want to do it together so not something to say thank you for.....who says guys can't be changed lol
 Mainey
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:37:11 AM
I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have, if it is just sex, well yeah thank you. To tell you the truth I have had it said to me and I took it as a compliment, Thank you means appreciation so why not after pleasing each other.
 greyingred
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 10:01:08 PM

I'm more of a 'slap them on the arse and send them to the kitchen to make me tea' kind of girl....ohh and dont forget to bring my smokes with you when you come back.

Such class Suppose it is better than being slapped on the arse and ordered to get tea and smokes.

Am more into the marathon trekking than the old slap and tickle, so woolly thigh length socks, oxygen mask (not for the heights of giddyness but for the fag f88kd lungs once the bod goes above 5kph) and several thermos's...thermoses....the plural of those vacuumed hollow cylinders. Coffee (stimulant and or excuse for just talking), hot water (just in case we don't get out of bed for nine months) and definately Pumpkin soup. If anticipated breathtaking views are marred by too rough terrain, has more crevices than you, the mountain demands more rope than a BDSM Annual Fetish Ball, the pinacle is minisule or the top is covered in dubious vapourous fog then crack open the pumkin soup..and everything goes back to normal...you realise it was just the cinderella complex at work, you are in fact merely daydreaming whilst making soup and you have chopped up far too many carrots.

hmm got carried away there and entirely forgot if I was relevant to the thread or not. Whoops my bad, had great fun writing it. Has anyone said thank you or vice versa....reminds me of an old old joke. One man says to another "do you talk to your wife after having sex?". "Yes, if there is a phone handy".
 greyingred
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 9:44:45 PM
he just looks like Cousin Itt with a haircut

PRICELESS

I draw nudes. I find that I approach the 2d impressions from two very different perspectives. With women, shoulders to hips outline first, then breasts and work downwards to belly and finally outwards to limbs etc. Men shoulders to bum then outwards....once gfriend was giggling. We were only women in class full of male artists and one helluva BEAUTIFUL AARIAN GYM BODIED MAN.....wow...unfortunately ego driven intellectual dullard ...anyhow. Been concentrating hard on tonal values cos his musculature was dangerously near cartoonlike and aiming for realism...been a couple of hours in and she handed me this note (she is gay) "are you sure you're not lesbian, great pic but I think he needs a willie". I had entirely avoided looking at that bit.,,,,pmsl. Realised that because unlike most men whom I don't visually fancy, I did, sorta not, him. So being the innately polite woman I am, I had subconsciously chosen not to look in detail. I did after that

I think the male body and his genitalia is ...reminds me of an arrogant, irritatingly handsome, player of a sorta likable man I once met. Had joked that men can basically see our attributes (barring padded bras, and padded bums..how weird is that?)we can't exactly ask him to whack it on the table. So afterwards, or rather apparently during...cos idiot here had got totally smashed on his whiskey and still don't remember much...he asked if 'he' was big enough. sometimes I am so proud of myself...har har....I said "you're adequate"

The male body in it's entirerity is just gorgeous, it becomes beautiful when I love the person inside and I might even say thank you.
 scuzzi_au
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:20:16 AM

The male body in it's entirerity is just gorgeous, it becomes beautiful when I love the person inside and I might even say thank you.

politically and spellingly corrected, thats a pretty good summary I reckon.

I have said thank you and meant it many times, and I have had it said to me. It is a thank you for sharing/thank you for experiencing/thank you for trusting/thank you for accepting/choosing me kind of thing.

Personally I believe wether a couple has sex or not is decided by the female, a process that could be described as ladies choice.

For the male to say thank you, would, it seems to me be polite, though generally not after some perfunctory sexual encounter. (although there was marriage maintainence sex scheduled on sat mornings and i always said thank you to the x-wife then :- thanks for not reading your book, thanks for not eating an apple again kinda thing)

I have a theory (yes another one) that inside every woman is a secret melody, a sweet song that can only be heard by playing the instrument of her body. In the same way that each woman is different so is each song. I rejoice in hearing that song when the two beings touch souls (bump uglies) and move as one in dance. I am always compelled to say thank you as (nah, too much info ya dont wanna know)

Anyway OP, I reckon the bloke wasnt having a go at you, just thanking you for sharing a special moment with him.
 robw23
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 12:17:25 AM
have never felt the need to come right out+ say thanx so much for letting me get my way with u!!! i,ve always thought that enjoying that roasty toasty afterglow+ chat with the person u have just got sweaty with sort of says everything without words! if that isnt enough to describe what happened then i suppose if the place looks like someone has lobbed a hand grenade in a yoghurt factory, then their is a fair chance a good time was had by all+ no words are neccessary!!!!
 Mainey
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/7/2009 5:56:45 AM
^^^^^^^Stop bragging! Sex is a rare thing around here. LOL
 crustyold
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:56:04 AM
Mainey
yer, what she said........

but hey, i guess a thank you is better than running sceaming from the room....:

crustyold
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/1/2011 4:39:11 AM
what too say, you 2 may need to get a room.........

sorry, could not help myself..
 Island home
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/13/2011 10:58:04 AM
^^^
Don't forget the please
As in the doin
and
The asking
 crustyold
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/2/2011 7:03:22 AM
not sure if i have ever asked, just happens.......

dont think i ever said thanx either, maybe lets do it again, ........before i have to go to work......

maybe i need too............"hey thanx babe."

dont think they would come back
 monican
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/12/2011 4:08:04 PM
I have said it and to me it means like lost cowboy said thank you for trusting me and letting me get close. I would take it as a good thing not bad
 HappyRocker
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 6:57:40 AM

Then afterwards he tells you "Thank you".

I'm really clueless here but the very words freak me out because it sounds like he was given free sex as opposed to paying, let's say, if he had sex with a prostitute.

Would you rather he say, "Hmmmm, that was OK. Can you get me a beer?"

I usually say, "THANK YOU! OH THANK YOU, thank you thank you thank you thank you ...." or maybe just turn over fart and start snoring.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >