Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Plentyoffish Music using IMEEM.com - How To Use [CLOSED rea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 326
NEW FEATURE: Plentyoffish Music using IMEEM - How To UsePage 14 of 48    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
I had neither checked, but when I copy/paste the code into POF, view my profile, and start the playlist the default is shuffle.

Just an Idea here I am throwing out I haven't yet tested, since this Principle has often applied to all sorts of other Zones in Computing:

Delete your existing Playlist, maybe something went wrong/corrupt with it, since the "Organize Music Playlist" Function at Imeem is supposed to do exactly that ... play the Music in the Order you organized it in. Below is a Pic from that Page.

Make a new Playlist, add only 1 Song, then post the Code into your POF Profile. Once done, add a couple more Songs, re-order your Imeem "Organize Music Playlist", save it, check your POF Profile again. Perhaps by adding 1, then a few, then ordering them, adding more, may somehow resolve the Issue.

Let me know what you come up with.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 327
NEW FEATURE: Plentyoffish Music using IMEEM - How To Use
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:23:54 PM
Thanks for the advice but I've already created/deleted playlists, re-ordered, etc, and no change.

I just created another quick playlist, left the "Shuffle" box unchecked, and put it on POF. Same thing, Ticket. It defaults to shuffle mode. Please try it yourself, and if you experience something different please let me know.
 girl--afraid
Msg: 328
imeem assistance
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:18:35 AM
I work at imeem doing customer support. Feel free to ping me if you need any assistance with this - I'm more than happy to assist!

http://www.imeem.com/girlafraid
 Ticketoride
Msg: 329
imeem assistance
Posted: 6/12/2008 12:16:37 PM
I work at imeem doing customer support. Feel free to ping me if you need any assistance with this - I'm more than happy to assist!

It would probably be more beneficial for Plentyoffish.com Members to have Answers presented on this Thread for all to read, than to have
each one individually head over to Imeem with the same Question.

You may want to read and address some Questions on this Thread, esp. posts #439 + #442. In this Fashion your Answer can be referred back to the next Time somebody else asks the very samething.

Further, if People will be contacting you via Plentyoffish Mail you may want to lower your Mail Settings Contact Restrictions.
 JTCORBIN52
Msg: 330
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/13/2008 6:52:49 AM
Howdy.

Great idea.

I followed the link to the sample page aned actually liked the SAMPLE itself.

There were two ccodes one for email and the other for embedding.

The one for e-mail started as an HTTP, the other one started as you mentioned wiht
I copied the entire code for the "object" but it seems NOT to sho ch informtion in the PROFILE page. Is ther a way for me to test if the music is actually embedded on my profile?

Thanks
 Ticketoride
Msg: 331
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/13/2008 6:57:26 AM
I copied the entire code for the "object" but it seems NOT to sho ch informtion in the PROFILE page. Is ther a way for me to test if the music is actually embedded on my profile?

Go to your Profile, hover the Mouse over the Area the Media is pegged, and it will show up in a few Seconds ...

Profiles: Music/Details

After you have entered and saved the 'Embedded Code', the Music/Playlist Section will only show the straight Link to the Audio File after "Saving", your Indicator the 'Embedded Code' was accepted, such as:

You can add music to your Profile by entering your Imeem embed code below. Some help here

Imeem Embed Code:

If it does not "Save", or the Code is not there after saving it, then it was not copied correctly, you copied the Browsers URL/Web Address instead of the 'Embedded Code' in the Text Field, the Line was edited or otherwise invalid, or you were logged out of your E-Mail in the Meantime. The Audio File or "Embedded Code" you have selected from Imeem's Site may also have been corrupt or removed by the Webmaster, so try another one.

You cannot use 'embbeded Code' from YouTube or any Media Streaming Site other than Imeem.
 Veritas13
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/14/2008 5:46:55 PM
This was a great idea man!! well done!! haha

cheers
 BIG MUDDY CATFISH...
Msg: 333
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:55:24 AM
I just spent time to join the unfiendly new misic site and uploaded my favorite song and ofcourse it fail probably because I din't buy a song from their library. Why is everything you want to do involves getting money out of your pocket.....thanks for IMEEM but know thanks .....ripoff

Related Links:Profiles: Music/Details
 HAPPYYYY
Msg: 334
Posted: 6/15/2008 11:19:13 PM
this is so awesome i love it thanks a bunch for allowing us to add music
 tuffymuffin69
Msg: 335
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:36:00 AM
when can we expect this to be autoplay... so folks visiting yr propage dont have to jump start the music manually upon arrival.
 allfun4life
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:36:20 AM
when will the autoplay functionality be available?
cool tool!
 girl--afraid
Msg: 337
imeem assistance
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:30:19 PM
Cool. Feel free to delete this message then. :)

Best yet, just supply answers for the Questions posed on this Thread / Ticketoride
 babysaver
Msg: 338
Posted: 6/19/2008 11:38:11 PM
please help i need to update my favorites and cant figure out how

Related Links:Favourites: How to Add Users
 Mystic-Song
Msg: 339
Posted: 6/20/2008 8:28:21 AM
I'm curious -- if it's the same type of embed code, will music from other sites work?
No / Ticketoride
I sing on an internet karaoke site, and we have embed codes for what we've recorded -- the embed code is set-up the same as the imeem code is.
 needsomefish
Msg: 340
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:16:09 PM
i posted the code and no song plays...how do you pick your own song anyway?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 341
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:27:30 PM
i posted the code and no song plays...how do you pick your own song anyway?

To 'embed' Audio into your Profile, go to the Imeem Website.

At the top Right of the Page, search for "Music" or "Playlist" in the Drop-Down Menu, enter Name of the Artist and/or Song into the Input Field.

(You can also upload Videos to your Imeem Profile and then post them on your POF Profile.)
Then hit the Search Button. Select the Song or Album(s) on the next Page you want to play in your Profile. On the following Page, copy the 'embedded Code' as shown below into the Music/Playlist Section at the very Top of your Plentyoffish Profile

After you have entered and saved the 'Embedded Code', the Music/Playlist Section will only show the straight Link to the Audio File after "Saving", your Indicator the 'Embedded Code' was accepted, such as:

You can add music to your Profile by entering your Imeem embed code below. Some help here

Imeem Embed Code:

If it does not "Save", or the Code is not there after saving it, then it was not copied correctly, you copied the Browsers URL/Web Address instead of the 'Embedded Code' in the Text Field, the Line was edited or otherwise invalid, or you were logged out of your E-Mail in the Meantime. The Audio File or "Embedded Code" you have selected from Imeem's Site may also have been corrupt or removed by the Webmaster, so try another one.

You cannot use 'embbeded Code' from YouTube or any Media Streaming Site other than Imeem.

Related Links:Profiles: Plentyoffish Music
Profiles: Media Playlist Tutorial
 realtorross
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/21/2008 9:27:14 PM
I've tried for over an hour now to download zz top's "Sharp Dressed man". I cannot seem to do it? When I followed the instructions on the first page above, I got some girl singing and playing a song on the piano. I don't remember what it was called. it showed up on my profile, however, I didn't like it, so I tried to change to "Sharp dressed Man", only it wouldn't let me, exactly, where did I go wrong?

Try any of the following Titles and copy to your Profile, as instructed in the post directly above yours. In Fact read the whole Thing.

Links:ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
 UrsulaMajor
Msg: 343
Playlist not loading..
Posted: 6/26/2008 11:54:16 PM
My imeem music selection has gone AWOL as well. I had NOT just loaded it, it was there, fine and happy, for several days. When I was reviewing profiles, I noticed others' are missing from their profiles too.

Seems to be down right across the Boards at this Time.
Appears to be at the Imeem End of Things / Ticketoride
 blondblueyed
Msg: 344
Playlist not loading..
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:31:15 AM
Must be fixed, mine's working fine.
 UrsulaMajor
Msg: 345
Playlist not loading..
Posted: 6/27/2008 1:19:04 PM
It's back and working, thank you very much.
 roger lee
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/27/2008 5:03:02 PM
I don't know if this question has been covered, if it has I haven't found it, but is it possible to embed both an audio and an unrelated video to the same profile? The only way I had found entails deleting the previous embedded file.

Roger
 Ticketoride
Msg: 347
Plentyoffish Music.
Posted: 6/27/2008 5:50:20 PM
is it possible to embed both an audio and an unrelated video to the same profile?

You can only enter 1 Link per Profile, and there are no Playlists that allow you to add both. You can however make a tiny "Black" Video with Audio on it only and run it off your Video Playlist.
 TrueCanadianSpirit
Msg: 348
Re: Music Embed
Posted: 6/28/2008 1:11:33 PM
When are you going to make the songs available in Auto-play mode? I want to use that option please.

That Feature has not been enabled. There is no ETA. / Ticketoride
 Raqitbalguy
Msg: 349
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:35:56 PM
Hello.

I cannot seem to DL the music onto my profile. I have copied and pasted my selected song on to my profile and still nothing..?
Any help?
 Ron_Harvey
Msg: 350
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:06:15 PM
^^^You ^^^

Why is it I spend 2 minutes reading this page and put anything on my profile and you have to ask the samething for the umpteenth time and still can't do a thing?

Too many brain-dead people here.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Plentyoffish Music using IMEEM.com - How To Use [CLOSED read Post 1