Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What ifPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If you went back in time, and you changed that one thing, then there would be millions of things that COULD be forever changed as well.

We can't undo yesterday, we are living today, and looking towards tomorrow... However if you get stuck thinking TO MUCH about what you should have done, you will continue to be looking backwards at more and more missed opportunites...

Turn around, look forward, look around you at this PRESENT moment, it is a gift in time as A.S. says...

Perhaps you are exactly where you are supposed to be...If you want things different for your future, work on them now...

Along time ago I was a diamond in the rough... I been being polished for 40 some odd years now... I'm ok with a flaw here and there, gives me character...
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What if
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:21:54 PM
I suppose you meant happy instead of "happen" in your second sentence. How could anyone know if they would be happy if they had never met their ex? I do know I have no regrests about meeting him. I would not be the person I am today if I had not met him. He taught me a lot about love, pain, and forgiveness. Although he caused me a lot of pain in my life, there were also many times we were very happy and had some great times together that I will always cherish. People do not always intentionally cause pain to someome they love. I am sure I caused him some pain also. I don't think about it much anymore because we both have gone our own ways in life and I have long ago forgiven him and myself for the pain we caused each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if