Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indigo rose
Msg: 62
Can YOU cook?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I always cook breakfast for women that spend the night. Eggs, bacon, pancakes etc.I also do all my own cooking. It's rare I eat out.

Well I am surprised they stay over for eggs then

The Horror of Cooking. Can never wait until the Nightmare is over and the food is ready. Gourmet Microwave Chef ...

I can cook better than most of your Mothers *pats my own back* If I cook it they will come !
-Rosesfield of dreams
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 63
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:22:48 PM

Well I am surprised they stay over for eggs then

If I cook it they will come !
-Rosesfield of dreams
]

HillsideCA
Msg: 67
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:50:41 PM
I can, and do...

I have been known to make things up that taste good.

Traditional manly bar-b-cueing of course, but also reknowned for pot roast and a killer shrimp, zucchini, and pasta dish.

I enjoy cooking, so of course I would cook for a special someone! As for what to make...probably depends on the whom I am making it for.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:20 PM

Damn. I suck with that kind of stuff.

Meh...we'll just play dressups

*gives Gratiae pro totus piscis a point on his scorecard*

Woot. I get to wear the rubber pants and the goggles. You wear the gas mask and bunny ears
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:43 PM

I get to wear a female bear suit and wanna chase a man through the forest

Funny coincidence there. I was talking to someone I met here and said I would have her over for dinner some evening and she asked if I would actually cook for her like it was the strangest thing a guy had ever suggested to her. So, I asked if it was unusual, she had never had it offered. So me, being the smart@ss that I am, said "I'm not going to make it as a bachelor am I? I'm not doing it right. I'm like those animals people try to keep as pets and release back in to the wild. I'm too domesticated and will probably end up being mauled by a bear or torn apart by jackels.

So, it's funny to me your suggestion of the bear suit.
 Evenor
Msg: 74
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:15:54 PM

Ok, people... what's with all dish washing? Does no one have a dishwasher anymore?

Seems a waste of time and money because you have to really rinse them good and everything right before you put them in and scrub off the stuff that won't come off in the dishwasher. Most of the time people around the house don't no matter how many times you tell them. So might as well just do them by hand since you end up pretty much doing them before putting them in the dishwasher...
 bullielover62
Msg: 79
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 4:35:43 AM

I prefer the microwave. I hate spending more time on preparing food than I do eating it.

Would I enjoy cooking for someone else? Not as much as getting fast food.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say MOST WOMEN would love to cook with their man.
There's something incredibly sensual about preparing a meal together.... the shapes of
certain foods, the feel of it in your hands, the smells and tantalizing tastes as you're
chopping or sauteing (spell check please) ..... feeding each other while cooking to make
sure your partner is enjoying the sensations.....

Rent 9 1/2 weeks and tell me food and the opposite sex isn't sexy!! MRAOW.....
 WildCardNY
Msg: 82
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:54:28 AM
I'm teaching myself how to cook right now, and I'm getting better with every meal I make. As for my signature dish, that would most definitely be my beef chili, served over a bed of jalapeƱos and white rice.
 SlingDad
Msg: 83
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:00:03 AM
Can I cook? Damn skippy. Do I enjoy it? Sure. My Mom wrote a cookbook that went into a second or third printing, I think.

I dunno if I have any favorites, but I'm partial to shellfish and/or something like chicken tetrazini (sp?). I'm not big on the sit down candlelit dinner thing, I enjoy eating in the kitchen, standing over the sink, snick-snacking through the evening. I guess it's a southern kitchen...thing.

Now I'm hungry and it's not even 9am, thanks for that, Red.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 7:12:47 AM

wanders if they are housebroken and if they have yellow spandex shorts

I had a pair of silver ones when I was younger (18ish) Damn they weer comfortable.
 that sam i am
Msg: 91
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:23:52 AM
I'm single and I shop at Costco. Bad combination.
So quite often (maybe 2 times a week) I invite friends over to help finish my food. I love to cook and I'm fairly good at it so there is no shortage of dinner guests.

My signature dishes are:
Appetizer:
*Spring Garden Salad with walnuts, cranberries, blackberries, blueberries and aged Gouda, Stilton and Mozzarella di Bufala.
*Tomato and Red pepper soup, accented with steamed clams, sour cream and thyme.
*Artichoke in drawn butter

Entree
*Oxtail Soup (tomato base)
*Osso Bucco
*Pasta with an Arrabiata/Alfredo rose mix garnished with Sea Urchin and fresh sweet basil

I usually just buy dessert from the store.
 that sam i am
Msg: 92
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:29:53 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say MOST WOMEN would love to cook with their man.
There's something incredibly sensual about preparing a meal together....

The saying comes to mind: Too many cooks spoil the broth. When I'm cooking, I'm in a zone. I don't cook from recipes, purely from instinct. The last thing I'd want is for someone to distract when I'm dissecting vegetables with a razor sharp blade. I don't trust anyone with my kitchen knives either. They're razor sharp and delicate hand made knives from Japan.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 93
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:46:47 AM
Yes I can cook, and quite well.
In a previous life I made a living as a chef and had some formal training. I've forgotten a lot over the years, though I still know my way around a kitchen.
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:05:45 AM
Can I Cook?

I will answer that question with two words...HELL, YES!

Everything from beer battered perch to beef stroganoff. No, I am not a professional chef, but cooking is one of my hobbies.

I figure that my cooking skills are why women are afraid to date me...after a few weeks they gain 20 pounds.
 TheLimey
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/18/2008 2:21:52 PM
Hell yes I can cook, It;s not unknown for people in Australia & Europe to schedule their vacations in the US with dates they know I'll have the BBQs fired up... yes, really. :)
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 104
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/19/2008 2:31:03 AM
I can cook a FEW things...not much. On the bright side, the few things I can cook never turn out crappy.

My salmon has always turned out pretty good , and rice isn't exactly difficult (my favorite rice is jasmine rice ).

...Right now I can't cook much more than that, unless it's Ramen noodle soup or somethin out of a Hamburger Helper box.

Anyway, yeah I would enjoy cooking for someone. As for what I'd prepare (once I learn how to cook it correctly): it'd probably be some kind of seafood thing, like a shrimp jambalaya (...i think i spelled that right)...since I enjoy seafood and some cajun food.

If not that, the main thing would be ham...one that's so tender and moist, you can just pull the slices of meat off the bone (next time my dad's wife makes it, I'm going to learn how she does that, even if I have to write every freakin thing down. lol )

I'm not sure what I'd do for a side-dish or anything like that --oh well, plenty of time for me to figure it out. lol
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 109
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:09:09 PM
I generally like cooking for others, I'm pretty handy around a kitchen too, but I can't tell you what I'd cook because in my experience every now and then you find a vegan, or a woman who doesn't eat red meat, or someone who is allergic to this or just doesn't like that. I'd usually make a point of finding out what kind of things are her favourite and design the meal around that.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 111
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:24:25 PM
I went to chef school for a year and I cook for every date.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/20/2008 4:36:19 AM
i can cook kraft dinner
 saxon1234
Msg: 120
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/20/2008 8:48:13 AM
My mom ran a catering business and I learned how to cook early on, I was also a short order cook in NY. When I was married I generally made most of the meals and did the food shopping to. I love making NY cheesecake from scratch and my favorite dish is chicken paprika which takes a few hours to prepare and cook. I hate those commercials on tv where the man stands in front of the frozen food section and the voice says if it were'nt for them most men would starve. Although I am no expert in fine dinning but I did inherit all my moms recipes when she died and make them once a week, a desert or a main dish. Now I enjoy a great salad with every meal and watch what I am cooking to avoid fats and tons of carbs. If you want my recipes you'll have to contact me and arrange a date, hehe!
 grkboy
Msg: 121
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/20/2008 8:50:10 AM

Can You Cook?

Yes

Would you find it enjoyable to prepare a meal for a special lady?

Very much so. Nothing better than making a candlelit dinner for a pretty lady.

And, what would you prepare (a signature dish perhaps...)?

I don't have one I call "signature" yet. I'd more be just online printing up recipes to try and put something yummy together with a fine wine.
 FreedomToad
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/20/2008 3:26:58 PM
I'm all about cooking. I could easily cook on a daily basis, it's the cleaning up that irks me.
 dustinchicago
Msg: 126
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:21:08 AM
One of the best new tools for single guys are these lines of "3 or 4 ingredient" cook books. It's real simple, and most importantly FAST. They are usually very large books with pretty pictures. I've found that, with practice, I can have a few dozen recipies under my belt so I can whip up a fun and tasty meal no matter what mood I am in. But the best part is being able to whip up a meal at a lady's house... women love creativity and when you notice/remember what their favorite or dispised foods are (usually if it's in their house, they like it)... but most importantly, when women are hungry- feed them fast. With a creative yet simple dish, you won't run out of things to talk about while you are preparing it. Another favorite game is to try to guess what is in the cabinets before you open them.
 american-soldier
Msg: 127
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:35:19 PM
I can cook just about anything. it sone of my passions. I love cooking, and love to experiment. Most of my postings have been under recipes
 bullielover62
Msg: 129
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:46:56 PM

I dont have a signature dish either! If I had to choose my BEST dish, it'd be red raspberry/white chocolate cheesecake, but thats not a meal.

Is too, is too, is toooooo!

I went to chef school for a year and I cook for every date.

*/makes mental note to check his profile out.... and remind him my birthday is around the corner.... ahem.

*/makes second mental note to thank Red for this thread....
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >