Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 58
oatmeal....how do you take it?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Typically with just milk and sugar for me.
Occasionally some cinnamon since many medical reports list many benefits attributed to that spice.
A couple small scoops of raw oatmeal added to a blended fruit smoothie is excellent.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 59
view profile
History
oatmeal....how do you take it?
Posted: 7/13/2014 6:26:42 AM
I like my oatmeal:

-mixed with plain Greek yogurt

Or

-a Tablespoon of organic coconut oil

Or

-with fruit

I have one of these options at least 5 times a week.
 cooldog65
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 7:36:47 AM
^^^^^ Nice to see you again...It's been awhile...

If it's plain oatmeal...vegetable oil spread (canola, smart balance, etc...), honey, cinnamon and occasionally vanilla flavored protein powder. If I have flax or wheat germ, I'll add a bit to it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 9:54:19 PM
Crap! Seems that oatmeal is off my list, since I've developed the talent of growing kidney stones, a grand portion of 'healthy foods' are off my list of things I cannot eat, along with broccoli, strawberries...I need to learn to enjoy water and flax seeds, or wait, that was on the list too, okay, water.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/13/2014 9:57:56 PM
Daynadaze...look at the bright side...at least the doctors are not making you drink distilled water yet!
 CharminC
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/14/2014 9:02:40 AM
Oh Daynadaze, that's awful! Just water? lol .. you're not a plant for cripes sakes.
I wonder if Peppermint Petunia would have any advice regarding kidney stones. The lady is GOLD when it comes to knowledge of health in connection with foods.

What exactly is on the list of not to eat or what can you eat?
If you list them in a new thread and we can all post recipes for you to use!
You can use then thread for future reference. :)
 daynadaze
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2014 10:38:12 AM
The list of can't eat is long, and it depends on the type of stones, which I seem to like to make a variety. I'd have to go back and look it up but it's something in many foods that can be a cause. The water, I was being a bit over exaggerate, but it's always you don't drink enough water, I drink like a fish, water, melted ice in the one thing that is suppose to be good, lemonade. Yesterday I found an article saying global warming was a cause, global warming or not, if being in dry, hot air is making it worse, well I live in New Mexico where moisture in the air is not to be found. So I need to drink more. I already slosh when I walk. :P
 _babblefish
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/21/2014 1:32:00 PM
loves me oatmeal, it's the heritage

made scones on the weekend:

1 1/2 c flour
2 cups oatmeal
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

throw the dry ingredients into a bowl, make a well, then add;

1 beaten egg, 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup melted butter, mix together pour into well

stir until just together, form two balls, flatten into six inch rounds, score into quarters,

bake 12 minutes at 425
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >