Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GiGi046
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Joplin, Ark, Ok, Mo, Ks Float TriipPage 17 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Okay alpine are you taking too much pain medicine over there? And how was the surgery? Hope all is okay
 GiGi046
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Joplin, Ark, Ok, Mo, Ks Float Triip
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:01:27 PM
Only two more working days since today is mostly over........ I can't wait til we're outta here.......
 alpinebryon
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:35:45 PM
Every thing went well GiGI and all no pins no screws just 4 staples that will disolve over the next 10 to 12 weeks .I went in this morning for surgery at 8 and done by 11 and home by 12 LOL..And your right GOOD MEDS And I should be back at work with in 3 to 4 weeks But no heavy lifting LOL Light dudy only LOL.Like how much work can I do on light dudy LOL.
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 360
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:56:14 PM
I will try. I have the lid to ur crockpot too.
 miichaelc
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:33:54 PM
we can have all the camp stuff u need, the extra tents I am bring sleep 4 each, all you would really need would be a sheet blanket pillow and maybe a mat to sleep on
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 374
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:47:56 PM
Lauri, I have ur cords and banner. Will bring all of it Friday!!! Im sure everything is gonna be great!
 ozarkguy
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:02:06 AM
I plan to float, but not camp. Will bring a canoe partner with me. Just need to know when and where we're going to meet Saturday morn.
 GiGi046
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 8:07:54 AM
Ok so are we all ready for this? I'm ready to go now but I have to finish work today.....Is everyone else all excited to go?
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 381
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:00:29 AM
Yippeee. New pof enlistee here, and today I can finally post here in the forums.
I'll be heading down from Topeka, leaving mid-morning tomorrow (Friday). I'm personally planning on taking my solo canoe on this trip(with a large ice chest on board), but for anyone wishing to try a solo kayak, needing to ride in a canoe(partner with a boat), or wanting a tandem kayak to use in lieu of renting a dbl canoe in Noel, please let me know before I leave tomorrow morning.
My canoe is rigged as a solo, but I have another lightweight, very comfortable, portable, removable seat that will drop into the boat, enabling a second person to ride along in the front of the boat (note, it has a fabric, fixed backrest, very comfy). If you opt to be my fare, lol (cab driver lingo), there is a catch. You will be required to be my eyes in the front, watch out for, and warn me when we approach each of the 3 waterfalls,.....or the section known as "devils gorge"........hehehe.
Also anyone in the front seat will be responsible for:
a) tending bar
b) operating the water cannon (3 on board), and fending off hostiles (other boaters, with other water cannons).

I am towing down my utility trailor, which I've outfitted for canoe/kayak hauling. I'm hoping to organize one (or more) shuttles, for those of us bringing our own boats. I also have three other kayaks I'm willing to loan to anyone needing, or just wanting to try one. One is a tandem (two seater), and would basically work just like the canoes you rent there, basically providing two floaters with a free boat if you don't already have one lined up, or want a freebie, and are able to cancel you other reservation . Two are solo's. One a short, flatter bottomed model (padded seat, adjustable footrests, can't tip if you try) that absolutely turns on a dime, but has only limited cargo capicity (no large ice chests on this one). The other is larger, tracks straighter, and can haul quite a bit of gear. Unless I have a request for something in particular, I'll bring along the short, very maneuverable, solo kayak, and anyone wanting to try, or use, it Saturday, is more than welcome to. I have the ability to easily bring three boats, but unless someone asks, I'll only haul down the two.
I'm also bringing one spare tent which is already spoken for, and one extra for anyone who might find a need.
Looking forward to it. See you all tomorrow.
Sam
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 382
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:05:32 AM
If you bring the keg,..... they will come. I think that's a quote from a movie.... or not.
If someone brings a keg, I'll kick in $5.00. Hope that helps.
Sam
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 383
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:57:55 AM
Quick reminder to anyone who's not a regular river floater. A couple of things to think about when you're packing:
1) Towels, this ain't the Holiday Inn. Probably more than one.
2) Toilet Paper, yea, there are bathrooms in the campground,.... but.... don't depend on em?
3) Kleenex?
4) If you wear glasses, a chokie to keep em on if you swamp. Once off your head, they become virtually invisable underwater. However, there is a fairly nice selection of used glasses on the river bottom to choose from.
5) River shoes if you have em. Water sandles will work, but you'll be forever pullin gravel out've em.
6) One (or possibly more) bag chairs. These are very portable, and totally waterproof. And the forecast is for hot, with NO AC! Most folks tend to carry their bag chairs, towels, or whatever they can improvise with, down onto the grave beach in the late afternoon, park their bag chair in about 18" to 24" of moving water, and soak their butts, just to cool off, and chill. A bag chair is waaaaaaaaay more comfortable than just sitting on rocks.
7) Sunscreen. You will absolutely be amazed at how intense a full afternoon of both the direct sunlight, and the reflected sunligh, are.
A light kacket or sweatshirt, and a poncho of some sort. If a thunderstorm blows in, it'll not only cloud over with a notable temperature drop, but the wind will pick up as well. Combined with a steady rain, it can get pretty darn chilly just paddlin gback to your takeour point.

Also, one note of caution:
During the peak tourist season, air lifting someone to a Little Rock hospital who has lost all control or feeling in their lower extremities because they jumped or dove off of rocks or low water bridges, and encountered a large, hidden, submerged rock, is almost a weekly affair. This river is chocked full of large boulders, many hidden below the surface. Just because you might see the local kids jumping in from a bluff or bridge, doesn't mean it's safe. Please excercise EXTREME caution here. I've personally seen it happen twice, and it's not worth becoming paralized for.
Thanks
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:35:09 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but kegs are not allawed on any of the missouri rivers But now in the camp ground that is another story.And you all BE VERY CAREFULL this weekend the Elk is up realy high over 800 cfs all of you experiance paddler keep an eye on the newbies and inexeperiance paddlers.But don't worry its not in flood stage just high nor is it close. Damn I wish I was going I love it when the rivers are up like that it gives me a chance to play in the surf and wave trains LOL. You all have fun
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 390
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:07:56 PM
Lisa, you're hired. Just let me know when to trip the meter, lol. Oh, BTW, the front seat on this flight is NOT a paddling seat. I know, that just breaks your heart, lmao. However, the first time you turn and say 'Home James", you're getting wet girl, tum de dum.
Also, I found Long, "toy" water cannons, like I've been using to extract water from my kayaks for years now, at the dollar store today. I bought em out, all five, lol. Sooooo, anyone who's blundeder into this battle unarmed, there may be hope for ya yet. Just look me up, and they'll be first come, first serve, FREE.
See y a there.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 393
Posted: 7/10/2008 1:25:29 PM
OK, since this is my first day to post, I think I'll get all cought up at once, hehehe.

My food contributions:

Two extra packages of brats, and buns.
One package of celery, cut for dipping, with a large tub of pimrnto cheese, and peanut butter.
Baby carrots, w/ french onin dip.
One box or regular snack crackers.(can be eaten with cheese dip, or anything else you find laying on the ground under the table.
One bowl of sliced, sweet vidalia onions, ummmm.
Red seedless grapes.
Large bowl of peanut M&M's. Melts in your pocket, not in your mouth.

That said, some of these items (especially, the M&M's & the grapes) are like good little soldiers, marching into battle. . The drive from Topeka to Noel will be brutal, and we expect to take heavy casualties. I hope some of these "little soldiers" survive the trip, hehehe,...... burp!
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 395
Posted: 7/10/2008 1:59:16 PM
OK Rebel. I know I'm not nearly as shapely, pretty, or "sweet smellin" as the help you're a hopin for, lol. But if things look really dire, I'll be facing off against some of them beers myself, and you're sure welcome to drop my my site, and we can gang up on em. Buddy, I think we just might turn the tide in this beer battle,......
Time to "take one for the team"!.............or two,...............or three,....
Cheers.

I know its pretty late to join in but at least it gives me a reason to go to the river this yr an by the way I'm pretty good with a canoe. just need someone to help drink the beer lol.
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 401
Posted: 7/10/2008 3:27:18 PM
Branson is a good idea. I wouldnt need a room tho b/c Im a member of a resort up there. Maybe I could have a few ppl stay there with me??? We will see what everyone thinks of the idea. Would have to be a lot of carpooling....with the price of gas.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 403
Posted: 7/10/2008 3:30:51 PM
If anyone gets there tomorrow (or possibly sat), and doesn't already have a boat reserved, I'll have a spare, single seat kayak/paddle/pfd there that someone is welcome to use. It's faster, way more maneuverable, and a good deal more stable than the camoes they rent there, plus it's FREE!
Also, Michael has some really nice, extra tents if anyone needs a tent. If however, his are all used up, and you still need one. I have a couple really old, not as nice as Michaels, lol, tents you're also welcome to use.
Just look for the green, Subaru Outback, with the funky, skyblue rack on top. That'll either be me, or someone steeling my car.
Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
Sam
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 405
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:02:08 PM
smhrgs, I sent u a message. Brenda, Im also bringing some hash brown stuff that can be cooked for the burritos. Im so excited!!!!!!
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 406
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:18:23 PM
summerrain, please contact me. Someone wants to be your float partner and cant contact you and neither can I.
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 407
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:33:00 PM
Ok here is a tentative list of food for Sat., night
eyebme-burgers & brats
SmokinBarrel-macaroni salad, mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce
lauri-extra plasticware and paper goods, burger meat, tomatoes, lettuce
SummerRain-s'mores,chips,dip,brownies,butget,hotdogs,bacon,potatoes
GiGi046-smores, hotdogs, buns, pickles, salad, jalapenos
lori57-cole slaw
chickman-baked beans, onions
just-b-me-chili?
smhrgs-carrots,celery,brats,buns,pimento cheese,peanut butter,crackers,onions,grapes,m&m's
vetjeb1-buns, chips, dip, extra meat
ladyliz-strawberries, watermelon, cantelope, sliced cheese. charcoal & fluid

Sunday breakfast
lauri-dozen eggs, tortilla shells
ladyliz-shredded cheese, hash brown mixture
niichael-sausage
just-b-me-sausage, eggssourcream,picante,tortillas,bloody marys
Since out potato salad person backed out, we could use some of that.....Several are bring plasticware, napkins & paper paltes. Aldo Ithink coffee is covered. If you can think of anything not on the list or I've left anyone out, feel free to say so. Can't wait...see ya all there.....
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 410
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:51:36 PM
I just talked to him 10 minutes ago and he asked me to get him a float partner???/ Um we could use potato salad I think. Im not sure of anything else.
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 411
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:54:10 PM
more meat I suppose as well......
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 418
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:38:35 PM
smokinbarrel is bring mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce. Btw.....please do not throw your aluminum cans away. I recycle so I would love to have them if you dont save them for yourself. Thanks!!!!!
 vetjeb1
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 6:33:14 PM
Hi all,

Things worked out to where I'll be there. Hope to be there around two. I am bringing lots of buns, chips and dip, extra meat and eggs.

I will be bringing some extra camping supplies as well. Tent, air matress, rope, ect.
I also have a canopy for shade or rain if needed.

The beer is on ice so drop by and say hi. Looks like fun.

John
 jasper38
Msg: 423
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:00:41 PM
I have a resort there also, but what weekend in August I think you said. that should be a lot of fun if I can make it. I know I cant make the float trip, but the water should be great. And a BIG thanks to Liz and Lauri for all your work and effort. Girls keep up the good work!
Thanks
Len in Neosho
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >