Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moneyforyou
Msg: 208
When is taking a drunk girl home from a bar and having sex considered rape?Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
explosivesheep (& others making a similar ' argument'):

I'm sorry, this is 2009, you drink yourself into a stupour and you should be responsible for what happens.

just a hint:

your 'opinion' of what 'should be', and even a consensus of "POF opinion" will not account for a fart in a hurricane in a court of law.

so if you want to fukk a drunk girl and she decides to have you charged with rape, go ahead and whine that the law 'should be' different.

see ya in 10 to 20, then?

the law is the law..not always 'right', 'fair', or 'logical'..

particularly when it sees (perhaps wrongfully) that one gender must be 'protected' against the other - probably the reason that the 2 co-conspirators and murderers, one make, one female; (Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka) were given such disparate sentences for their rape & murder spree.

Homolka conned the judge and jury into believing she was just a poor lil' woman, not capable of such acts, 'forced' into them by Bernardo, when it seems obvious she was at least as twisted as he was..the reason she is now free, and he will likely die in prison. Have heard of a number of other similar cases in the US where a killing couple, male and female..when caught the female gets a slap on the wrist, the male gets life, or the death penalty..you can notice quite a few cases where the penalty given a twisted female killer seems much lighter than it would be for a male in a similar case..in the US, Canada, and the UK..somehow judges and juries mostly still seem to believe that women are pretty much poor innocent creatures, incapable of being truly evil..how naive.
 originalNw
Msg: 210
view profile
History
When is taking a drunk girl home from a bar and having sex considered rape?
Posted: 2/23/2009 12:52:44 PM
With all the laws the fine line is as a razor edge,you were lucky. And try to find a healthier partner next time.

WalkingInLondon
Msg: 214
Posted: 2/23/2009 2:20:00 PM
If you know a girl is not fully in control of herself, and you have sex with her, it is considered rape. If a woman at any point during the event says stop, no, don't, or words to that effect, and you don't immediatly quit, it is considered rape under the law. Men, get familiar with the law, because it is YOU who is ultimately responsible for where you put your penis, and if you choose to put it into an intoxicated or unwilling female, the law is on her side, and depending on what you do or how kinky you get, it can be anything from a misdemeanor to a felony. Learn the law, gentlemen!
 MsMicki
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 2:41:20 PM
Ridiculous as it is......yes.....it is a law.
Whether she is begging you for it or not......it's still a law.

Bull$hit......yes....but it's still a law.

I found myself in a man's bed one morning and have no recollection of how I got there.....
I left a nice trail of clothing from his back door to the bedroom....so I quite obviously did what I'm sure was one hilarious strip tease thru his house....
and I believed him when he told me later I was very insistant that we have some "hot monkey sex"....
I considered this my own fault for getting that damn drunk.
I was a grown adult......who had every intention of getting drunk as possible for my birthday....and I, alone, should be the one accountable.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 3:09:23 PM
This thread could of been ended after one post....Dave Chapells love contract

Fin
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 221
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:56:31 PM

just a hint:

your 'opinion' of what 'should be', and even a consensus of "POF opinion" will not account for a fart in a hurricane in a court of law.

so if you want to fukk a drunk girl and she decides to have you charged with rape, go ahead and whine that the law 'should be' different.

see ya in 10 to 20, then?

the law is the law..not always 'right', 'fair', or 'logical'..

If you're telling me this because you think I don't know, you're mistaken. I don't think justice is always just. I'm not on here claiming that I can have sex with all the drunk girls I want (and I won't anyway) and nothing can happen to me. I'm in arguing that the morality of the law and the bias of the law is unfair.

The fact is they say justice is blind, but sometimes (yes, in the case of Karla Homolka or more recently in BC Kelly Ellard if you followed that) Lady Justice is busy checking out the rack and gets a bit leniant.
 cw35
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:41:51 AM
It seems like a really dangerous thing to do to me. It's uncomfortable afterwards and can lead to legal complications. If I were you I would talk to her about what happened and try to make her feel better about the whole situation. I could never do a one night stand and I don't drink so I doubt the situation would ever arise, but I don't see how anyone could possibly be attractive sexually when they're drunk. I remember being hit on by drunk or tipsy women when I used to go out with friends but not once did I ever encourage anything or try anything.
 Amma63
Msg: 224
Posted: 2/24/2009 8:00:15 AM
In my opinion.....whether you're taking home a drunk girl........or whether she's sober as a judge............or whether you're married.............the minute she says "NO" - it's rape.

again - JMO,
B.
 god_of_rock
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:12:12 PM
^^

In my opinion.....whether you're taking home a drunk girl........or whether she's sober as a judge............or whether you're married.............the minute she says "NO" - it's rape.

yes, but the point is, if she is drunk, it can still be considered rape even is she said "YES" at the time.

the law considers it rape if she said "no", OR is she was considered unable to give "informed consent"

e.g. Mentally ill, developmentally challenged ("retarded"), under the statutory age (usually 16 or 17 or 18 in most jurisdictions, this varies),

OR, mentally incapacitated by drugs, alcohol, etc.
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 229
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:04:36 AM
What if you're both drunk, is it ok then?
 ohio07
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:52:35 AM
If your both drunk then your raping each other? Right? Just checking...(Ha!)
 tigershark7778
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:14:05 AM
Uh 99% of guys and girls regret being in the bed the morning after. And then you come to the reality that you slept with a mutant.
 jamesthomas92
Msg: 234
Throw your life away why don't you?
Posted: 4/8/2009 11:53:53 AM
dave your a bad man ,,a very BAD mad ...after reading your post I'll never set foot in a bar thank you
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/8/2009 12:29:08 PM
This is the only way some women ever get a reasonably attractive man to have sex with them... Ever. Is it also rape if a woman takes advantage of a man's alcohol induced lowered standards? You'd be laughed out of the police station if you ever tried to report that one.

Lot's of answers to that one.

1) When she realizes you aren't going to call her.
2) When her BF/husband finds out what happened.
3) When her dad finds out.
4) When it is.
5) The list goes on and on.....

Protect yourself. Don't do it.
 pieomy
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:09:28 PM
any environment where someone is drunk, i'll probably be in the same state. I don't see why a guy would be convicted of rape if both parties were drunk thats just stupid.
 globalbeach
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 12:08:12 AM
Why is it "despicable" for a sober man to take home a woman who is drunk? If she is walking and talking, she knows what she is doing and should be held full accountable for her actions. The booze did not make her do it. She chose to do it.

The claim that the man would be "taking advantage" of her is erroneous. In my view, she is the one "taking advantage" of him - most guys cannot say no to attractive **** and women know this. So the woman who is parading herself around and looking to get laid that night, she is the one doing the "taking advantage of".
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:10:19 AM
Reading back through his thread makes me think of a Jack Nicholson quote from the movie "As Good As It Gets."

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?

Melvin: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

Thankfully, this doesn't apply across the board. There are some reasonable posts from women in this thread, too.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:15:47 PM

well lets try bringing some reason and accountability back in. If a woman is so drunk they're not going to remember or enjoy the occasion why the **** would you push it. If a man is physically capable of having sex, he should be mentally capable of noticing the difference between responsive and passed out.

If a girl is in a Vounarable (excuse the spelling) position the worst they should expect the next day is a hangover on your couch and a strong coffee.

Agreed... Thank you Mr. Obvious. What I can't figure out, is why everyone assumes the only two situations are sober or blitzed out of her mind. Plenty of women claim impairment of judgment after only one drink. The situation where a guy takes advantage of a woman passed out on her feet, or lying on her back, isn't the issue most of the posts here are talking about when personal responsibility is brought up. It's the total lack of responsibility some women seem to feel even one or two drinks justifies. I can't believe this thread has progressed this far without that being painfully obvious to all. I guess I expect too much from people.
 larry609
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:27:27 PM
Wow! Some guys still think that taking any woman home who appears impaired - at all - is ok??

And - JWRed - you need a better class of friends (no insult to you meant).

Though - I believe the main point is that taking ANYONE home, whom you've just met is just so-1960's. I thought that kids, today, had learned a thing or 3 from our mistakes.
 GWSmith
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:13:18 AM
To OP:

I would never take a women who was drunk, stoned, or otherwise influenced by something that influences her mind to have sex with her... it strikes me as very wrong to do it; regardless of what they say I cannot trust that their judgment is 100%. If I am going to have sex with a woman I want to have with a sober woman who wants me for what I have to offer and not because she's chemically altered. The only time I might even consider it is if it was someone I was already in an established sexual relationship with and I usually wouldn't do it then either.
 gentleplus
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:52:40 AM
this actually happened to me in college.... we were having a kegger on my dorm floor and this girl was totally wasted and getting amorous with me and wanted to go to my room.... Once we arrived at my room with her stumbling down the hall I realized she was not thinking totally clearly about her choices.... I let her into my room and went to the bathroom.... when I got back she was nekked on the bed waiting..... so I went up to her ear and said... "I dont think this is a good time for u now and I want u to sleep here in my bed alone... and if u still feel the same in the morning we will go from there" ... So I covered her up and slept on the floor all nite... really!!!! well sort of slept... couldnt get the idea out of my mind that a nekked willing girl was in my bed alone.... but I resisted...lol

The next morning she asked me "why didnt u just take me when i was there for u?" .... I said "What I want to share with u is soooo good I didnt want either one of us to miss one heart beat of it all"... OMG!!!! for the next 4 hours we shared a wonderful experience that was consensual and respectful and intense!!!!
 letscnow
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:04:29 PM
I would be scared more of how fast she wanted you to take her home and do her. Anyone who will drop their clothes after 5 minutes is a very scarey person to make out with. I understand that you both may be single, but look at it like this; if she was willing to sleep with you that quick then how many guys before you shared the same bed with her. It sounds like her goal was to get tipsy and get laid so I wouldnt worry about her yelling rape.
 Kickn1Backā„¢
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:41:15 PM
It all depends on iffn' she is wearing a diaper or not. While you are going at it and she all of the sudden starts spewing chunks all over tha place and says "I gotta stop" and you refuse because you have not busted your nut, that would be considered "RAPE".

KB
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/18/2009 11:20:04 PM
"But hey....don't listen to me. I just went to law school for fun, kiddo. "

LMAO, Oh yeah fun in that beat you over the head with the Socratic method (Professor code for typically I'm a Nazi and I'm going to make you nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs all manned by really large, mean dogs)... you go Manda... LOL, I so know where you're coming from tho... LOL, two year law degree, and I swear the twitch I have in my left eye (happens only when I really pissed off, freaked out or nervous), I can directly trace back to those two years... pffffttt...

"If both were drunk and sex occured whose to say the guy "raped" the woman?"

^^^ You make a good point, sadly though the likelihood of a rape like the above occurring are pretty uncommon, not because it does not happen, it does, but because it's not something most men are going to run out and report for a variety of issues. However, if you go to a bar, get rip roaring drunk, pick up a partner who is also rip roaring drunk, you can't really count on, let alone claim with 100% assurance that consent was a part of the equation. Then there is also the if you go to a bar and get someone rip roaring drunk, with the premeditated notion that you are going to take them home, or elsewhere and have your way with them, then your common sense, and conscience should tell the logic in your head, assuming you're not mentally disabled or completely amoral, a misogynist or an a-hole, that what you are doing is far from consensual and that you should be ashamed of yourself...

Suz aka Sami
 THE full monty
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/22/2009 12:22:34 PM
that is sad ifa man has to get a lady drunk to have sex with him!!!! very sad
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >