Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheLimey
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
what does he consider life to be?,the human species?no wonder he is a retard,it takes two to tango life and non living things otherwise we wouldnt know about the non living things,life is just chemical reactions and that happens on every planet,every star every galaxy,are we really alive seeing that everything we do obays the laws of gravity,i think 50/50.

If we are to grade (on a curve) Hawking as a retard that makes you look like pond scum..
 AtomicGogol
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:41:29 PM
They absolutely ripped him a new one on Fox News.... Poor guy. I wonder if he realizes the error of releasing supposedly secret info in such a manner, especially on Fox!!! What're you thinking, Mr. Mitchell?!?!?!!!
 Is too hot
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/28/2008 11:00:05 PM
It didn't take long for the UFO nutjobs to speak up.

Do your own FOIA request to the feds...for any an all information in their possession relating, directly or indirectly to extraterrestrial life. If you do, you'll get (literally) reams of printouts of documents. BUT over 80% of the printed text is blacked out. You tell me what that means? Why would there be a coverup? Jeeez Louise the reasons are obvious.

Yes, the reasons are obvious. The documents must contain the statements, names and personal data of some people involved who have rights of privacy. Who woulda thought? A giant government conspiracy that gives you reams of information that is blacked out! Must be a giant coverup!

For the first time in human history governments have been confronted with something they simply can NOT control and/or defend themselves against and it's completely understandable from an ego standpoint that they wouldn't want to admit that.

Yes, something so overwhelmingly large and independent that they can completely hide it! Imagine vehicles that can outdo any puny little aircraft or missile in our arsenals yet these invaders allow themselves to be hidden.

Go read "Faded Giant" by Robert Salas and James Klotz. ...It's about a UFO that completely DISABLED about a dozen ICBMs at Minot Air Base. Yes, it's thoroughly documented. As soon as the UFO left, the ICBMs came back online. Go figure. Accept it or not. Who really cares.

And these things are being hidden by the government? They can do what they want but the government is hiding them? BTW, it's obvious you care whether or not anyone believes this piffle. Go read a physics book.

Consider that "they" might just have solutions to our energy problems (zero point energy sources), our weather and pollution problems, our health problems. Do you think for one New York minute that the global oil and/or pharmaceutical corporations who, after all, are the ones that really call the shots, would EVER want that made public?

But aren't you the one arguing that the technology is so beyond the government that it shatters their egos. Poor little crybabies! Now, you have them in complete control of these technologies to the point that they can control them but are denying us the benefits? Why? Large corporations could easily adapt to manufacturing this stuff instead of pumping oil, making cars, etc. This stuff would outsell anything they're making.

Unfortuately, the only reason you believe in this stuff is that you failed physics in high school. Don't you wish you had paid attention?

Their mere existence would require a complete re-d0 of practically every existing organized religion so it would shock the world (could be a needed shock IMHO). If you think the dispute between believers in evolution and I.D.ers is heated, can you imagine this one rearing it's head?

Wouldn't those evil atheist scientists be all over this? Or do you mean it's only people like you who do the sooper sekret research at these places?

So, yes, you can dismiss people who accept the reality of extraterrestrials visiting us as nut cases or worse.

Done.
 Dpilot1
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/29/2008 12:35:54 PM
It's not primitive life that interestes me. I'm looking for a cure for disease and of course, death. Beam me up.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 5:57:00 PM
Try this link For the Mitchell interview on UK radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTXbi_VhJU&feature=related
 gurgly
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/5/2008 11:25:46 PM
"If the human race is to continue for another million years we will have to boldly go where no one has gone before," Hawking said.

Link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20080422/sc_space/primitivealienlifemayexiststephenhawkingsays

LOL, Hawking slammed anyone that has proclaimed to see a UFO, by calling them cranks and weirdoes.

I find it a bigger problem that he said, "If the human race is to continue for another million years we will have to boldly go where no one has gone before". We, the human race, hain't been 'round for a million years, maybe one-tenth of that. So what's with this "another" million years? We haven't had the first one, how can we have another one?

As for "Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says", I did not need him to know this. Hell, there is primitive alien life right in my neighbourhood. Cars blasting pumped-in music of Latino songs (that went out of style in the eighties?), Tagalogue chicks walking around in pumps, chewing gums, while in their hearts Elvis Presley hums. That's their ideal way of living the American Dream. My son gets beaten up by a gang of Hungarian nationalists every day at school.
 Sky at sunset
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/7/2008 8:18:33 PM
I enjoy reading Stephen Hawkings thoughts - but - how do we know he isn't the alien?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says