Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Should Teachers Be Sacked For Going On Strike Today?....Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My son went to school today, or did he? Might pop upstairs and see if me laddo is still snoring away.

I can see strikes throughout the public sector increasing, those that are allowed to. We've less and less money in the coffers to pay the salaries and pensions.

Should they, hmmm depends what it is about, I'll probably be hung drawn and quartered by those in the profession but the salary aint bad considering 13 weeks a year holiday plus a 5 day working week. My Daughter is training to be a teacher for this very reason.

vvv maybe so Howling but back in the real world do you honestly believe that the private sector has been keeping up with inflation? Have you not noticed the mass redundancies across the country? Those in the public sector do not appreciate the massive benefits they can derive from their chosen career compared to those outside of it, including the pensions they accrue which have for sometime far outweighed others. Most of us will likely never be able to afford to retire.

I'm not saying it is ideal or right but that sometimes people bleet when far better off than others could hope to be.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Should Teachers Be Sacked For Going On Strike Today?....
Posted: 4/24/2008 8:57:04 AM
friend is a teacher, often works to 8-9 pm marking books, they have to give reasons why the work passed or failed as they can be picked up on it, he estimates 10 mins per book. 32 kids in the class each day, 320 minutes free overtime every day... work it out

he would love to tick the work well done, but can get the sack if he has not graded it correctly
 stevencl
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:52:41 AM
people seem to forget that over the last 10 years, teachers have had a 17% rise in wages after allowing for inflation. This is at a time when results show that fewer children than ever can read and write to an acceptable level. Business leaders reckon that exams are beind dumbed down and universities are running classes because kids going to university cannot read or write properly. So should teachers be sacked - yes if they are incompetent.
 oggers
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 5:22:59 AM

if a footballer is worth millions just because he kicks a ball a teacher is worth a decent pay as they do a much more vital job than they do.

... yes, but who wold pay 40 quid to go watch a teacher work for two hours ...?!

You cant compare footballers and teachers.

Teachers and nurses, yes - and theres another group who should be paid more ...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >