Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Are men over 40 more afraid to approach women?Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I dunno. I approached a woman over 40 recently and she agreed to a date right there, albeit with a fifteen minute limit.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 225
Are men over 40 more afraid to approach women?
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:28:55 PM

I dunno. I approached a woman over 40 recently and she agreed to a date right there, albeit with a fifteen minute limit.

...Wow, that barely gives one time to finish a cup of coffee....better get it in a to go cup in case it doesn't go well.

...maeflowers
 chromeh1
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:39:10 PM
I think the point here is that you recieved an email stating his lack of interest. Most of us men don't even get a reply, period.
 chromeh1
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:52:33 PM
Moon, I can only speak for myself but the women I am speaking of are the ones that do not have the decency to return an email even if it is to say no thank you. I really don't follow your thinking that we expect sex the first date, it is not mentioned that much in this forum to even be a concern. Could be that you may have repressed issues from one of your own dating experiences.
 chromeh1
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:55:12 PM
Zeeba, I read your profile. The guys an idiot.
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 9:07:48 PM

...Wow, that barely gives one time to finish a cup of coffee....better get it in a to go cup in case it doesn't go well.

I thought it went exceedingly well. We progressed to home base within that time, in fact.

She did ask me for $100 at the end, though
 chromeh1
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 9:38:16 PM
Goes to show ya, you get what you pay for. Please tell me she paid for the coffee.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 234
Posted: 6/23/2008 10:38:38 PM

I thought it went exceedingly well. We progressed to home base within that time, in fact.

She did ask me for $100 at the end, though

...Oh no, ....if thats the case and you paid, maybe its something you could claim back on your taxes next year under..... "contributions"

...In the future, I would be cautious of "the approach"

...maeflowers
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 242
Posted: 6/24/2008 4:17:40 PM
They may be gun shy from a negative partner in a previous relationship and just may not be ready to add one more rejection to their resume. I personally require a man to make the first move because I like a strong, aggresive man who goes after what he wants. If he doesn't then I have to assume he is not interested. I'll send signals, such as smiling at him, but if he doesn't take the hint, it may be his loss.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 5:19:19 AM
You know, some women are extremely approachable. They smile at people they don't know and usually have a network of friends and families that enjoy their approachability. They are married.... and single and divorced that are all easy to approach. I don't know if they are on medications or something because they are pleasant to be around. When they want an intimate relationship, they don't have to look very long before finding something compatible and complimentary and no,they are not 'settling', they are engaging. They don't have to boast about themselves and brag about what some man might be missing, they truly offer an engaging personality.

Men have no trouble approaching women like this, it's the other kind of women that are scary.

You know, every relationship starts out with a degree of paranoia. At least a H.S. degree but when they have come to a PhD in Paranoia, they are down right scary! They look at you like you're prince charming and hope you take them from their life of toils and tribulations but you know later you will get blamed for sending them home in a pumpkin. Or, they don't look at you at all because you're the 78th 'prince charming' they met this month.
If you are unlucky enough to get involved with a paranoid, you now your going to have to have arguments with the figments of their imaginations and real issues will be ignored. Practical reasonings will be a thing of the past and you'll always feel like there's a huge thumb over you.

Men are more learned over 40
 Fifi47
Msg: 249
Posted: 6/25/2008 5:43:48 AM
It just seems that men do not want the approachable women, they love the women who use and abuse them and have claws and we get tired of hearing about how many of these women they have known. Makes me wonder why a man does not find approachable women attractive and if he does not like approachable women he needs to leave me alone, and his past of dating scary women with claws makes me avoid him.
 ladyc4
Msg: 251
Posted: 6/25/2008 2:49:01 PM

If I see "communication" mentioned more than once in a profile, I skip it.

Excuse me...be right back...going to go write the word "communication" about 100 times in my profile.

They have retractable claws.

Mine don't retract. What you see is what you get( I know how to not USE those claws if their use would be unwarranted or counterproductive)
Nonetheless, I get approached by men from 22 to 72. The ones that really have something going for them( here's a hint, they walk it like they talk it) I spend time with. But it's hard to carve out a long lasting quality relationship...and that's not something that's anybody's fault( but we'll blame you,shimbo if you like, I don't want you to feel left out!) it's just the way things are playing out in my life right now.
Hey, if it was dirt easy to go meet a good guy or gal for whatever purpose you have in mind at the local church social, or Joe's Bar and Grill and Bar... general dating websites would all go broke.
But I have to say that I've noticed sort of a pattern recently...most of the over 40 men who do approach(in real life) are NOT involved in online dating sites per se. And lately the majority of my approaches/interested men are from real life venues. Possibly it's just a local phenomena...parts of northcentral MI have only just gotten acquainted with electricity and telephones LOL.
So I'm afraid my assessment of the tpic might not be totally accurate.
Cindy O
 chromeh1
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 9:02:20 PM
someone hasn't been following this forum!!!!

Many of us over forty men are attracted to younger women because........aw, forget it.

j1994
Msg: 260
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:38:22 AM
You have to make strong eye contact with a guy. You have to show some interest.

Age wise, I'm in the middle.

I look at younger women and older women.

I've noticed older women are afraid to make strong eye contact with a guy. They appear timid and weak. This is not attractive. It's too risky. It's too much effort.

Young women with stare at you like a tiger if they're interested. You feel obligated to approach. If you don't you look like a wimp.

It wouldn't hurt to dress for "success" either.
 chromeh1
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:01:56 AM
Shimbo, Fin, Would you guys like to respond to #5. Or shall I.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:09:35 AM
Gee Chrome? Why don't you step out and take the lead on #5. We would all simply love to hear your logic on that one??? More time should be spent working with the opposite sex as opposed to knocking it around here!
 FloridaMusicMan
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:34:48 AM
I certainly dont believe I am an exception to this topic.When I am out for whatever reason,playing music or just grocery shopping I never pass up a chance to engage in conversation with Ladies.I have been told I have a nice voice and mayhaps that helps dont think so.Self awareness maybe,or confidence in one's ability to engage a mature woman.The conversation topics possibly that Ladies of a mature nature tend to prefer?Endless reasons can be listed as to why some Men seem to have hesitancy in their desire to approach Women their age.Do women think there is a difference in conversational topics between the younger croud and the mature croud,possibly a different thread sorry.
 chromeh1
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 12:33:47 PM
There in lies the problem Moon! It seems that women over 40 would rather piss and moan about what men are doing or not doing than getting off their asses and doing something for themselves. I know, I know, I will hear all about how its all mens fault and we don't respect women, we're not there for them, we are not in tune with their needs. Bullsh*t. Fact is they are bitter and most will end up alone. Me bashing the opposite sex? You won't have to look too far in this forum to see how men are being bashed. I don't even consider this post bashing, more telling you of my observation. And reply posts from women are all going to scream NOT ME!
 Fifi47
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/26/2008 3:14:38 PM
I don't know any women like to ones you described in your 1-10 criteria, and we rarely date, since men tell us we are not good enough for them and they seem to love women who are like numbers 4, 7, 8, etc.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/26/2008 5:28:41 PM
I dont think we ever get past that ol rejection thing and for me the more beautiful I find her the more my tongue dont wanta work. And when the first thing ya say is: Hi ba ba da I I I gaba gee wa wa. Well then they just think ur retarded and any chance ya may have had is long gone. Hahaaaa That is tho kinda the way it works with my silly self but ya gotta keep ur sense of humor, its all good.

...No one likes rejection, it can sting like he11...and speaking of getting tongue tied, its happened to me on more than one ocassion.
Not that long ago a co-worker of mine came to get me to speak with a guy that was interested in what our company was all about....so I said, "why couldn't you talk to him, you know more about this company than I do?" After meeting him, I now know why. He was amazingly good looking and had these disarmingly blue, blue eyes..... I was momentarily lost for words.....and to this day I still don't remember what I said to him haha

...maeflowers
 bimboat
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:36:48 PM
Ya know....I wonder if part of it could be our society? We've become so "sue" happy that a guy could be scared to death to even smile & say "hello" for fear of a sexual harrassment suit!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:13:30 AM
^^^How totally kind and considerate of you Shimbo! To think that you would otherwise confuse the women you boink would be simply catastrophic! I was just wondering? Do you type things here whilst sleeping? Perhaps having one of those "dreams" that seem to continously plague you?
 sarasmile2
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:17:02 AM
I would think by our age we should be able to put our past and our jadedness behind us, and go for what we want. I think both men and women have the same worries ie: users, golddiggers, too much baggage, etc. I also think both men and women are here largely to find something REAL in a cyberspace world.
Personally, I feel uncomfortable approaching a man 1st, but that is my upbringing and it is hard to break the comfort level. However, I have done it upon seeing someone who is particularly interesting to me.
Happy
 meegway
Msg: 282
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:15:56 AM
So on the lighter side of things. Last weekend my friend and I went for a ride on our bicycles to a chicken a rib festival that was taking place in the downtown core. We had some ribs and then proceeded to this Blues bar that I 've never been to. While we are enjoying a beer I notice this lady who looks very familiar to me. I come to realize that she was the receptionist at the office where I see a financial planner. It appeared that she recognized me when she walked by on her way to the bar to purchase a beer. So on her way back I lean toward her and say there goes my financial plan...down the drain, due to the fact that I strayed off my intended path and was out having a few beers and some ribs. She is quite attractive and is in her late 30's early 40's. She begins to laugh and says that's the first time I've heard that line. It was obvious that she had been drinking quite a bit and thought she knew me from somewhere but couldn't quite pinpoint it. I clarified by explaining that I was a client of one of the financial planners she worked for and my comment wasn't a pick up line but a joke related to the services they were providing. So instead of feeling as though I could carry on a conversation with someone familiar I was now branded as a pick up artist. It was all in good fun though as I thoroughly enjoyed the moment of confusion. Oh the irony...lmao.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >