Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Smarter ladies have worse sexPage 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Here is what I have learned from the POF forums threads......

Smarter ladies have worse sex ( I must be dumber than a box of rocks, cuz I'm having some great sex)

Very long hair on a woman is very femine and sexy, but few women have long hair (and here I thought it was about how a woman carried herself)

Big Labia Lips On Women ( my favorite line of that thread is the correlation of labia lips to promiscuous behavior)

What is it with men & sexually liberated women (because if we know what we want in the bedroom, we're automatically whores)

why the prettier the woman, the worse she is in bed or giving head? ( uhm.....guess we gotta be dumb and ugly!)

Good While Dating, But not for Marriage or LTR ( (nice to know I'm not marriage material cuz I'm a freak in the bedroom)

How many is too many? ( My business suddenly becomes anybody I date's business, and God Forbid I tell them that!)

According to these forums, I might as well become a crazy cat lady and buy a sex machine!!
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Smarter ladies have worse sex
Posted: 11/14/2009 11:47:20 PM
I can only speak for myself. I am way above average in intelligence and I have not had good sex for 4 and a half years. One reason is, 4 and a half years ago I was having sex in a REAL 5 year relationship and he learn to turn me on and all was good, but he left for unknown reasons. Even if a guy is technically good, if there is no relationship and caring between 2 people and the man does not actually want to hang out with me, this ruins the whole complete proper expression of sex between a man and woman. I am very enjoyable to hang out with, and worthy of caring about, and this is something you USERS and LOSERS don't realize and sex with you USERS and LOSERS leaves me VERY COLD. I am a very intelligent Lady and sex in the last 4 and half years has been the WORST.
 MsMicki
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:05:26 PM

Hold off on the cats, MsMicki. I can also loan you a sex machine on weekends - just pay my airfare!

Ooooh.......you're sending me your wife!!
Awesome!!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 10:05:25 AM
kpooks wrote:
If that is true, it's probably because smarter ladies can be overly analytical, rather than letting the moment BE and simply enjoying it.

There is such a thing as editorializing...then there is such a thing as discarding all that mental junk and simply letting animal instinct take over. If she's smart ENOUGH, she should be able to do either.

Alright, this thread has been resurrected, so here's my simple take on the situation: First, I am not the most sexually experienced fella around, in fact, I'm probably so far down on the experienced scale that one would have to use log-log graph paper to even see my minuscule data point, so let me comment on the data set I have available, the lady I married way back in the days of slide rules and main frames, a lady who had as much education as I.

Perhaps the authors of the article in question were referring to women like the lady I married, who in a march for professional success focused exclusively on achieving that success, looking neither to the left nor to the right. If an activity did not enhance route to the desired professional success it was either ignored or set on the back burner. The problem I/we experienced was that once professional success was achieved behavior patterns were set in place, thought processes entrenched, and the thrill of achieving professional success was supplanted with a drive to maintain the success and then climb the next rung. So, instead of having time together at the end of a long day, free time at home in the quiet of the night became another part of the day devoted to "catching up" on reading, reports, etc. 10, 15, 20 years of that drains the desire the other partner feels or wants to devote.

Now, I realize that this can go equally in the other direction. And I wonder how many marriages suffered long term damage when the man, also on an upward track, devoted himself to that task rather than to the other who desired to share a life with him.

So, do smart ladies have worse sex?, well, maybe, but perhaps it's not about ability but focus.

Personally, I like smart, intelligent women, women who can and like to contribute; but there has to be a balancing act. Perhaps, if there is a 2nd time around for me and I fall for one of these smart, driven women, life' lesson's will have been learned (by both of us) and we can have a better go of it than we did.

TK
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:39:30 PM
I don't know. I'm pretty smart... above average IQ scores and curious, love to learn, etc, etc. I do have a pretty hard time reaching orgasm during sex. I don't think that I "think too much during the act, that's one thing that usually makes my brain go to goo. I do know however that it takes a very long time and quite a bit of attention to detail to get me there. I have no trouble giving myself an orgasm so I'm not frigid by any means.... just difficult I guess!
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:40:57 PM
"I can have an orgasm in like 30 seconds flat if I do it myself, about 2-5 minutes if he goes down on me. "

Yeah, those are the easiest ways, although I tend to take longer during oral than just a couple a minutes.
 AnarchoCapitalist
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/15/2010 11:36:27 AM
Can't say for sure, but the smartest girl I knew (and I mean smartest by FAR), was pretty frigid. Still had good sex, just couldn't make her cum.
 AnarchoCapitalist
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/15/2010 3:52:02 PM

personally - master's degree, IQ just over 140

In all fairness, going to an indoctrination center funded by special interest through federal subsidies (Universities) and receiving a piece of paper doesn't necessarily make you "smart"

Einstein, Thomas Edison, Tesla, and Bill Gates never got degrees.
 AnarchoCapitalist
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:00:41 AM

Not at all. I am technically in the top 2% for iq. Though I don't buy into iq tests, no doubt I'm above average intelligence..

This thread sure is bringing out the modesty in the ladies, eh? When I was a kid I was told I tested high and my mom used to tell me, "Don't ever tell people you're smart, they will know it when you speak."

1honestfrenchman- Thank you kind Sir. You're a true French Canadien!
 AnarchoCapitalist
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/18/2010 10:59:25 AM

you are a perfect example of a man threatened by a woman's intelligence... mine's 167, is that bragging? Nah, just facts. get over it.

Typical feminist response. any criticism of a woman means you either hate women or are threatened. To point out just how ridiculously wrong you are- My last girlfriend spoke 3 languages, graduated summa cum laude as a music major who could play piano, accordion, and some guitar, was politically active, and could walk through a garden and tell you what every plant was. Did I pursue her because I was threatened by her? Please grow up!
 Mike Seguin
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:01:09 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather put in the extra effort to get her to orgasm than have a woman who's a complete dumbass.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:33:38 AM
You can roughly determine one's IQ by counting the number of teeth in their head and then multiplying that figure by 3.4
Not exactly scientific but it makes for an interesting observation the next time you are lucky enough to bang an almost toothless chic.
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 2:07:39 PM
As age goes up you have increased chance of "completing your education" and increased chance of understanding your body

There are way too many extrenal factors here to determine that education is the cause
 arwen52
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2010 6:08:55 PM
The study conducted by a German lifestyle website surveyed over 2,000 women between the ages of 18 and 49.

Do you agree with the study's findings?

Does this mean I have to play dumb to get laid?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2010 7:08:38 PM
I imagine that the smarter among us are less likely to be satisfied by sex alone, but I don't think that's the same as having "worse" sex. Not being able to achieve orgasm isn't a measure of one's intellect. I think it has more to do with feeling comfortable with one's own body, and degree of self consciousness. My two cents.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/26/2010 3:20:15 PM

A smarter person (again, gender neutral) will expect that their mind will get fvcked along with their body, and when it doesn't happen, the sex can be bad.

A truly intelligent person is smart enough to separate the two. Splitting the atom happens either prior to or following mind-blowing-animalistic-raw-toe-curly sex.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2010 11:11:35 PM
If there is any truth to this report, most of my ladies shouldn't have had enough brains to get their panties back on.
 .dej
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2010 11:26:22 PM
Give me a break~ chemistry is chemistry and all the experience or intelligence in the world cant create that connection.

Oh come on. I've read many of your posts in here. You know what's up.

You have to know that what goes into a woman's sexual experience goes way beyond just chemistry. And any guy who's had his share of frustrations in trying to turn a girl on knows that attitude and emotion is way more than half the battle with pleasing a woman. It's not all physical for women.

I don't even know how to approach giving my input on this topic. There are just so many different variables that go into a woman's experience I just don't know what counts and what doesn't. I can't say I've noticed a trend in either way. And while I'm certainly not one to discount the findings of scientific studies, I am one to dispute how scientific a study is that's conducted on the internet in the form of a questionnaire.

A quick trip through Google shows that the original post got it backwards. Smarter women have better sex: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1180583/Bad-luck-bimbos-Intelligent-women-better-sex-study-reveals.html

One caveat: it indicates that women who have more EMOTIONAL intelligence have better sex. Perhaps someone else can explain what that means. The article indicates they were quizzed on their perceptions of social situations and graded on that.
 viktoria1968
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2011 4:49:05 PM
Too much bias in the study it was an online survey...
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 237
Posted: 10/4/2011 8:25:26 PM
Here's the Frog/Scientist Psychology Story:
Scientist is testing frogs ability to jump.
He says "Jump!"
The Frog Jumps.
Scientist notes: Frog Jumps when I say "Jump."
He then cuts off one leg and proceeds to say: "Jump"
The Frog Jumps again, so he notates it jumped again.
Scientist then cuts the second leg off the frog.
He says, "Jump."
The frog just sits there.
Scientist then pauses...
He turns to his paper and writes,
"Frogs with no legs are deaf."

From Anonymous
 Babz28
Msg: 238
Posted: 7/5/2012 7:13:54 PM
It's not a woman's education, it's the lack of knowledge men are suffering from. Clue: If men turned women on with appropriate foreplay then there wouldn't be a problem!
 justlookingvt
Msg: 244
Posted: 7/5/2012 11:16:04 PM

Somebody needs a spanking ;)

And sadly, my birthday has already passed.

Nothing to be sad about.... On your birthday, you get roses and a spanking... any other day, subtract the roses. :-)

couldn't resist. lol
 vestaceres
Msg: 246
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:02:27 AM
It's nonsense.
 Saruman256
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:03:51 AM
Maybe that is Germany, but that has not been my life experience here in the USA. Intelligence in a partner is a great aphrodisiac and to me more stimulating than a great body.
Smarter women are more inclined to know what works for them and they are likely to tell you.
Of course I have no recent data......
 justlookingvt
Msg: 249
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:29:09 PM
Anyone that concludes that smarter ladies have worse sex must conclude that dumb men are better lovers.

A logical premise that is originally absurd leads to further absurd conclusions. Hopefully, this is enough to make it obvious to most people that smarter ladies didn't trade sexual abilities for their brains.

If, we males could trade sex for brains, there is no telling how smart we'd be! ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >