Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SeattleRob
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Smarter ladies have worse sexPage 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I would agree that many smarter ladies need verbal intercourse as well as physical to achieve orgasms. Finding out what a woman responds to and then providing that can be a challenge, but it has always been worth the effort.

There's not much more rewarding than weaning a gal off the vibrator because she learns to trust you, and knows that she can be completely open and honest with you. That you're not just going to roll over and go to sleep after you've taken your pleasure. Knowing that her pleasure comes from how you stimulate her mind as well as her body, and that it is literally possible to talk her to orgasm.

Good times!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Smarter ladies have worse sex
Posted: 5/9/2008 4:39:28 PM
OP that is waaaaaaaaay off. The smarter or more educated the better. An intelligent women is less likely to suffer those pesky religious hang-up or just plain mis-information. When I was first single I had great success and lots of fun with college educated or higher women..... nurses seemed to be the real kinky freaks of the pack, maybe it is something about the job lol.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 8:10:06 PM

In the study 62 per cent of women who had completed their education said they often had problems achieving orgasm.
Only 38 per cent of women with a lower educational qualification said they had such problems.

Obviously, the less-educated women didn't understand the word "orgasm," or had no idea what was meant by "problems," while the educated women, obviously smarter than the interviewers, decided to mess with the statistical base.

Oh wait, it was a German study? Pffft. Irrelevant, as it has nothing to do with beer or world domination.

Now, show me the study of Swedish women...
 kal67
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:00:44 PM
hi i well make u happy if u like
 swingpup
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:00:46 AM
Possibly with German women in Germany.....Hell man I reside in the USA. I discovered years ago that women that posses simple common intellect as well BA/BS as well as other advanced degrees are sensual, assertive and knowledgeable lovers. No problem with bringing them to an orgasm. Maybe it's all about techniques?
 JadeMuse
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/10/2008 1:34:13 PM
If I wasn't smart, I never would have been able to crack the code on my own orgasms!
I wouldn't be able to tell my guy what I like, and how to increase the intensity of those orgasms...
In fact, if my continuing curiousity (intelligence) about sex didn't drive me to read just about every book, pamphlet, and article on the subject I have come across, I would never have finally discovered at the age of 29 that I could actually have multiple orgasmic ejaculations!

Great sex starts in the head!
It took a while to find someone who enjoys making a game out of practically every encounter as much as I do.

High I.Q. = Curiousity & Invention = Great Sexual Intelligence = Mind Blowing Multiple Orgasms
 painter0070
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:31:43 PM
Is this a trick question like........Is a frogs ass water tight.?? Im a straight A student in college right now and let me tell you....When I have a SO I can make him melt.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:00:04 PM
so your saying only dumb women can have an orgasm? That's bull. I have a nursing degree and I can have some outrageous orgasms if the guy knows what he is doing, and I don't think about anything at that time, except the pleasure I am about to get.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 7:10:13 AM
Hmmmm... I can tell you from being single for many years on and off that the ones that dressed super sexy and were usually very flirty lacked big time in the sensual dept. The smart ones that dressed more casual were educated, sometimes coy were the ones that were more adventurous, sexy, sensual and would rock your world when the time was appropriate... Most of my past GFs were business type women and the sex was always beyond words. I learned a long time ago that being sexy is a state of mind. You may dress or act the part but that’s just a small part of sensuality.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/14/2008 11:55:08 AM
...Although there is the part of relaxing and getting those things out of my head that have gotten in the way of allowing myself to get into a sexual mindset...
--That took some practice!

It is along the same lines as relaxing my racing brain long enough to fall asleep...

I ended up finding a combo of a particular breathing exercise involving the song Stand By Me I can call on anytime I am restless due to the latter, but it is easier to get out of my head for the former because I have an excellent partner to help me forget my troubles and get me in the mood!
 Calichick25
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/18/2008 8:13:16 PM
What kind of nonsense is this? I'm in grad school and will be getting my degree very soon. I've had mind blowing orgasms with my ex - it's about how in-tune you are with the other person.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/20/2008 5:05:14 AM

Men are supposed to be the thinkers, so does being brainy keep them from having as many orgasms?

Hmmmmmmm... I'm not smart enough to answer that question...
 fancynanci
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2008 10:29:43 AM
I don't agree at all. I'm smart and I love sex, always have, always will.
 _JAFO_
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:36:09 PM
I'm sorry. I lost my train of thought. What was the question again?
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 101
Posted: 5/22/2008 1:51:57 PM
Now I know why Women make fun of and call hot, sexy women " stupid bimbo's"
 Spanish Lover XCLNTE
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:35:47 AM
Is a corollary then, that all mean are morons?
 Sudchai
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/31/2008 4:20:03 PM
I highly doubt that this is true. They certainly have not done a study on me, lol, I consider myself educated and intelligent. I can reach a perfect orgasm by telling my partener exactly how I like it. I have discovered about myself that in my 20s I was shy and afraid to tell my partner of what I want, so my partner was always in control. Now in my 30s as I am more open and confident, I don't have a problem telling my partner how I like it. I think watching the show "Sex and the City" may have helped.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/18/2008 2:21:55 PM
First, I want to apologize to those that have taken offense to this posting...because all your answers have got me laughing so hard that I'm crying here. Them WannabeNazis are always good for a laugh or two!
 nycrickette
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:34:27 PM
I can't help myself on this one;

Why are men smarter during sex?

Because they're plugged into genius!

BWAHAHAHAHA

Ok, on a serious note, fairly high IQ here (135) but I've always been stupid about picking the right man. Intelligence doesn't give you common sense, in fact, the higher the IQ, often, the lower the common sense, as far as getting into the genius levels of IQ. Yes, I know, that is a generalization formed by personal opinion.

I have a nephew who is 34 who is way up there on the higher end of genius IQ. Practically to the point of being an Idiot Savant. He can't live alone because he can't remember to take the trash out, change his socks, clean up after himself, and is too nervous to want to learn to drive. He also collects things in massive amounts. But if you tell him your birthdate, he can tell you what day of the week you were born, he knows every statistic for every sports team for their entire history, and will tell you every line coming up from any movie he has ever watched. Not exactly useful information.

He tried going to college to become an accountant, but it wasn't finite enough for him, given any equation, the answers are different in accounting depending on what the application needed. He refuses to round up or down.

He also sticks to his guns about marrying a virgin, as he is, too, which is a fine moral to have, but with his severe lack of common sense and social skills, it would be a rare woman who would answer his prayers and take on this child-like man. He has only four things he will eat, all of them fatty microwavable foods. Hence, the porcine body type. No fruits, no veggies, no nutritional value.

I know, this is an extreme example, but I wanted to throw it out there. There is something to be gleaned from this, not that I agree with the original post's study results from the "Sun", but I did want to point out that some extremely intelligent people do have issues that might hinder their possibilities of "gettin' some", or getting the right sumpin sumpin.

AND if a very intelligent, well-educated woman is looking for the same in a man, there is the possibility that both of them have little experience and need to make some explorations to find common ground, and IF they are both socially inept because of their pursuit of knowledge, I can see the possibility of someone being disappointed in the beginning.

Just my two cents.

crickette
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:13:15 PM

Do you agree with the study's findings?

No, but I'm a mental midget.

(That has to be one of the stupidest overgeneralizations I've read in a looooong time. Dear me!!)
 totum_spirit
Msg: 127
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:06:22 PM
What do I think of that study....Total BS! The fact is 33% of ALL females have never had even their own first orgasm. So that is BS. What makes a woman have an orgasm is the thing between her ears that is called a brain/mind! That has more to do with her pleasure than any one single thing. If a woman trusts you and if she repects you and you return that trust and respect her .....orgasms can HAPPEN from just a voice command. What really happens is the females date the guys that have no desire to learn about pleasing a females body just their own needs. This is called a selfish lover. A great lover... she will never forget.
 sriannaailyim
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:14:20 AM
I disagree- a woman controls her orgasm and how relaxed she is- smarts have nothing to do with it.
 Cynderella
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:03:10 PM
Thank God I am a dumb-ass
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:06:16 PM
Actually I heard it was the opposite.. the more highly educated the subjects were the better and more satisfying their sex life was..

So No I don't agree.
 windloverr
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 1:23:45 AM
Guy Named Ray, where did you read this? What was the name of the study? Where was it published? I'd like to read it myself to see who the population of the study were, who was doing the studying, and what the questions actually were.

Sounds like BS to me; I've read the exact opposite before; although, I can't tell you where.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >