Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CountIbli
Msg: 5
If Jesus had a zodiac sign?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Putting aside the pride of your own sign for a moment, if Jesus had a zodiac sign, what do you think it might be?

Well I'd say Pisces because of the Christian fish symbology. In the Chinese zodiac he'd have to be the Sheep for a similar reason. More than likely he never existed so he never had a zodiac sign.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 7
If Jesus had a zodiac sign?
Posted: 4/30/2008 11:49:37 PM
Many would argue that he's a Cancer.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2008 11:28:24 AM
Aquarius with a Pisces moon...

Aquarius.. brotherhood, groups, revolution .. Pisces moon..... self-sacrificing and universally orientated emotions, Sagitarrius rising... traveler, open-minded, fair.. always searching for truth. Venus in Aquarius, "love" would be on a more platonic level, as in "agape". I'm not sure about his Mars, have to look it up, maybe Mars in Gemini, storyteller.

Jupiter would be prominent..as it rules expansion, and higher ideals
as would Uranus and Pluto.. which rule change, revolution and sudden shifts in consciousness.

His Sun would be favorably aspected by his Saturn (Father) and there would be a YOD (Finger of God - destiny) in his chart also. Of course since we don't even have a confirmed year.. searching the ephemeris for a chart like this would be very difficult.

Just my thoughts
 Jacobus101
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2008 1:02:40 PM
I don't know the zodiac very well, but I think December 25 falls under Capricorn. Since, for a variety of reasons, I do believe Christ was born on or around the December 25/winter solstice timeframe, then I suppose He would have been Capricorn.
 pappy009
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2008 2:18:04 PM
On Dec 21 the sun enters Cap. At this point, the sun actually stands still in the sky for three day until the earth starts to move in its normal direction and the sun then climbs the ladder 1 degree at a time. Dec. 25th.
When the sun is on Dec 21 it lines up with three stars in the Sirirus Constellation called the 3 Kings.
After its three days of being stationary its resurrected. Sound Familiar.

Christianity came from Sun Worship.

Christ was born Feb. 28 approx.4 BCE He was a Pisces (astrologically), had to be because the Aeon was a Piscean one. He also had a Capricorn Rising. And moon in Pisces. According to the Astrologers that I deal with.

The Fish was the first Christian symbol. Fishers of men, fed the masses with Fish and bread. Healed and was of total compassion. Thats Pisces. Plenty of Fish, check the members and tell me how many are Pisces. Do a check and see.

Your turn Ravenstar, shes a pisces with a whole bunch of Pisces planets, you all should see her art work, Raven is a peach. Love ya.
 pappy009
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2008 4:57:24 PM
----Who can say? Not me. I'm only gonna turn twenty in nine days, so I haven't even lived long enough to properly research all the connections, nor can anyone likely do in their lifetime.--

Good Sir, I cannot agree with that because there are those of us who understand that we only learn from previous experiences. We are handed down knowledge to assist in its continual existence. We all share a part of this. Its our obligation to continue this process. Its the direction one looks in that creates the knowledge that a person has. So if one focuses on a direction then in time you will understand more. What can one ask more of. Thats who we are. S o don't limit yourself to feeling that you cannot be a contribution to this. I think it an honour. Its how one sees things.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:04:35 PM
I doubt he was a scorpio. Scorps HATE the limelight. We always like to work behind the scenes, unseen. That way, when things are good, we make things work to suit us. But if things go wrong, we have a fall guy. We far prefer to be "the power behind the throne", and NOT the one sitting on the throne.

In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

Being that the "sixth month" would be the month of Elul in the Hebrew Calender. Nine months later would be the months of Sivan and Tamanz. Which is like late June and early July So Jesus could have been born a Cancerian.
Almost. 9 months would put his birth in the 3rd month, Sivan. Since the months of the year are matched to the seasons, and so correspond closely to the signs of the Zodiac starting with Nissan as Aries (the ram being the animal the Jews used as the Passover Offering which was in Nissan), Sivan is the month of Gemini.

So I suspect that Jesus was probably more likely a Gemini.

It would be difficult to place Sivan as late June and early July for sure, because the Hebrew months move by as much as a month in the Solar calendar. For instance, Sivan began on June 4th this year. Last year, it began on May 18th. It makes it very difficult to work with the Solar calendar.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2009 1:37:08 PM
I had another think. Just going on astrology alone, excluding Biblical references:

Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) tend to continue the status quo.
Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces) then to "go with the flow", not changing much for themselves, and allowing things to change without their input.
Cardinal signs tend to be the ones to start things, and then let others continue on with them. That sounds most like Jesus. That's Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

Some put his birth at Passover, and others at Xmas. That would make him either Aries or Capricorn, a Cardinal sign.
 d0rene
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 5:16:23 PM
I had always heard he was actually a Libra. I bring it up since nobody else has. The scales are concerned with balancing and being fair - they are also a cardinal sign which starts things.....
 VeganCat
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:58:02 PM
I thought December 25 was a pagan holiday and is believed by some religions to be the the not so anticipated birthdate of the AntiChrist.

If that is the case, then 'maybe' Jesus's birthday is June 25 which would make him a Cancer.

I like that. Don't you?
 JMars
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:33:17 PM
Yes, midWinter was a pagan holiday that coincided with the death and rebirth of the sun, Sol Invictus amongst the Romans. It got the name Yuletide via the "conversion" of the Germanic peoples, amongst whm it was the Allfather, Woden (Old Norse Odhinn), that bore the name Yulefather, though Ingui-FreyR (Old Norse - Yngvi-FreyR) was also strongly associated with this tide.

The Germanic folk a had a few differnt deities associated with the sun, most noteably the aforementioned Ingui-Frea and his twin sister, Freo (ON. Freyja). The goddess named Sun was perhaps most tightly identified with the sun ... or might simply be another name for Freo.

However, while Yule marked the death and rebirth of the sun, it was Easter (named for the West Germanic goddess Eostre/Ostara) that marked the renewal of the year; and so utimately came to have Christ's resurrection superimposed on it.

From what I understand Christ was born when the flocks were in the field by night; which indicates the summer, when it is far too hot to keep them out in the day. So, Cancer sounds closer to the truth.
 *sass*
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:43:16 AM

I have studied astrology for many a year and most astrologers consider him to have been a pisces.....

The sign/symbol of the fish (astrological symbols decorate the chartes cathedral ;)... is said to represent how the birth of Jesus ushered in the age of pisces... http://www.freeread.com/archives/1644.php

Fascinating stuff here: http://www.aloha.net/~johnboy/christpi.htg/christpi.htm

Cool thread :)
I agree completely with sassyaquarius :)
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >