Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ma1e
Msg: 58
Taking the kids a distance from the other Parent Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
and no Web cams, cell phones with video recording capabilities, lots of very cool gadgets that could help bridge the distance is not an option, I want to be able to give the kid a hug.
 charmed2008
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Taking the kids a distance from the other Parent
Posted: 5/7/2008 12:15:02 AM
I totally get that. When there are no other options though ........
 Diggy03
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 10:22:19 AM

So my question is, has anybody distanced themselves from the other parent, how did you make it work??

Yes I have distanced myself from my child's father. He lives 16 hours away.

My situation is vastly different from yours. When I went to leave he let me. His family is where he is and mine is where I am.

I don't know what to tell you as he isn't even a part of his child's life and I'm presuming that your children's father is.

I think the best thing you should do if you are considering moving is speak to a lawyer. Your ex can have it stipulated that you can't move within so many Km of where you currently are or you revoke custody of your children to him.
 dean2010
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:16:56 AM
People do it all the time my litle girl lives 1200 miles a way and it breaks my heart every time i get somthing out of my frige cause i see all the pictures i have hanging there you do what you want but from dads view its the most horible thing to deal with
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:51:18 PM

Hire an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, there is free help at the court.

Mel, go back and read posts 97 & 98. OP's ex has decided to make an appearance.

~ds~
 Ma1e
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:18:00 AM
Just an update, my ex moved 2.5 hrs away from me around my last post. I quit a very well paying job so not to lose my weekday visits and now live a block away and get to walk my boy to and from school and spend the afternoon with him everyday. I have never been happier. Dads just want to be able to love their kids too and every child needs more love.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >