Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cashleys
Msg: 72
We Shouldnt Be On HerePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
He is just keeping his options open and it is wrong. A dating site is different than a social media site like facebook
If you two are a couple he need to GET OFF a dating site. Go to facebook.
I don't buy his answer, he is not being honest. He wants you and to keep his ego up with talking to other women
I would say, it is not right and if he cares more about a dating site than you and his relationship--that should TELL YOU what is really up!!

Tostranger in the house.---You dont' mind if your wife is on here? well this is a dating site not a social chit chat place. Lots of couples are swingers too, doesn't mean it is for others.

If you are on a dating site, married or in a serious relationship__YOU are looking to flirt and have another woman/or man/ fullfill intimacy, intimacy can be only sharing your personal time and thought--doesn't have to be sex--but it is not for a couple that want to be faithful to each other only! GET REAL!

A person on a dating site that has issues getting off and claim they are in a serious monogomous relationship--, is just on the make!! We aren't stupid but we are fools if we don't see it for what it is.

blaqqsheep
Msg: 73
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/4/2012 1:46:55 PM
You telling her something you don't know is true can make her worried over nothing and is wrong. How can you even tell someone that when there are many possibilities? How do you know he wasn't here, found out he liked what was being discussed here SPECIFICALLY, and decided to stay? You should really realize what you're saying before you come here telling people what you "know" is wrong with their relationship.

I'm here for friends but according to you, I'm a liar? Oh, that's right - I forgot you know me, and him, and anyone else you criticize. And even if he is dating someone else, there is always a chance someone could come a long that they like better - that can happen ANYWHERE YOU GO. That doesn't mean he came here intending to do that and if she has faith in her relationship, she should know better than to assume otherwise. Having faith means you realize how right it feels, he realizes how right it feels, and you believe you're really meant for each other in which case they WON'T wonder.
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 74
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/4/2012 2:00:31 PM
I think trust is precious and why do things that challenge it? There is no need to be on POF if you are in a relationship. There are other forums on the internet do discuss the same topics that are not a part of a singles site.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 75
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/4/2012 2:00:59 PM

So that is what I am doing now... I am keeping my options open and one way is to keep on POF

Everyone certainly has their own "thing" but if we were dating, I would make it really simple for you because you would have one less "option".
 shy2anne
Msg: 76
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/4/2012 2:46:59 PM
this is my take on it (of course ) :)
some people are just "addicted" to internet sites, dating sites, chats, etc. that is just the way they are and don't expect them to change their behavior. he will probably be on a constant look out for the bigger, better deal. sorry, that's what i think.
no matter how commited you think he is, he is just not that into you that he wants to spend his free time with you. he wants to spend it here or some other site.
i would suggest you find someone that you're more compatible (interest wise) with.
don't waste your time waiting for "someday things will change".
 cashleys
Msg: 77
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/4/2012 11:48:05 PM
This is a dating site. Get on facebook, not a singles site. It is silly and you should delete. only takes a few minutes to get another profile on here if you break up.
 marybuckeye
Msg: 79
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/5/2012 12:17:05 AM

We Agreed We Could Both Keep Our Profiles Up As Long As We Said We Were Not Single. Which Is Fine.

OP, it sounds like you're giving mixed signals.

UPDATE: Yikees! This thread is from 2008... Lol
 PinkNeonSocks78
Msg: 83
We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:21:29 AM
Wow, that is rather old. You have to wonder what ever happened to them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >