Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 paradoxas
Msg: 88
view profile
History
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.Page 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
This is my first time posting, and I thought that you guys might enjoy this:

WOMAN'S POEM

Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong.
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call,not wait for weeks.
I pray he's gainfully employed,
When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man who'll make love to my mind,
Knows what to answer to "how big is my behind?"
I pray that this man will love me to no end,
And always be my very best friend.

MAN'S POEM

I pray for a deaf-mute nymphomaniac with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and a golf course. This doesn't rhyme and
I don't give a shit.
 ShenVlyVaGuy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.
Posted: 6/1/2008 5:41:50 PM
I did enjoy the comments...very cute and well written. There is always a compromise to be found somewhere...lol
 rustytraveler
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:04:19 PM
paradoxas Welcome!
 Versitile1
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:12:47 PM
Paradoxas that was hilarious
 Aleyrebel
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:06:07 AM
Just because you are afraid of animals and don't like them doesn't mean they all dislike you.
Yes, animals can sense a person's quality right away. I wouldn't date a man that my dog disliked. The reason is, I had a dog that really disliked a person our friend brought over, watched him like a hawk. We later found out he was a thief. They sometimes sense that you aren't comfortable around them, but if they are aggressive toward one person and not others, there is a reason.
 dustyknight
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:11:46 AM
Paradoxas,
you left out some very important features men look for..
if she has a pole barn, camper, bass boat and a harley.
also she needs to shine the chrome on the harley so the bike is ready for the cruise on the weekend..
dusty
 Iron Chiron
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:48:19 PM
I utterly disagree with horse185 who says “Only one the only thing i insist on in a woman is she has a pulse” Maybe it is OK for him (in which case why is he alone?), but that’s not what majority of us are looking for. As for paradoxas’ comment Msg: 102 (and many more by the way) and the poem, it is clearly and indisputably a feministic assault. ASSAULT. And I am fighting back against the message, not the messenger. Which brings me to the following:

This is a simple comment on the article called “Thousands of men travel abroad in search for foreign brides” by Kenneth Agee in New Times newspaper (Phoenix, AZ area), page 114 for May 29-June 4, 2008.

I have nothing to do with this newspaper and do not advertise anyone or anything, but I am quoting the following (the grammar as printed):

“Foreign bride service has now become a main stream.”
The company owner is an American and he is not suicidal. Therefore, he does not state WHY so many American (and foreign) men don’t want to marry American women, most of which are Queens, Princesses and other such Goddesses extraordinaire. Except on POF, where some of the women assign themselves fish names for no reason that I can understand.

“The success of our Latin tours run about 75%, the Russian and Ukraine are slightly less. Compare this to local dating service which have less that 1% success.”
I don’t know whether these numbers are correct, but they are probably close enough to make the following statement: there is no way in **** that Plenty of Fish has 51% success rate while trapping people’s search by zip codes (except searches by keywords.) It says, “Plentyoffish generates over 300,000 relationships a year (another webpage says 500,000) making Plentyoffish.com the world's largest singles site and is the largest dating site measured by relationships created in the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.” Just why would 51% of people from the allegedly biggest dating website in a world (such as millions of people) notify POF about their whereabouts? Who can possibly read that many emails? Why keyword search by most obvious topics gives out only 2-7 results in the whole USA? Why the weekly “matches” are virtually always the same and there is no way to click “Do not show again?” You cannot get rid of the same profiles and search worldwide because POF wants you to waste as much time as possible and would not allow to click multiple countries at once.

“According to a repot by US Immigration Department, foreign marriages have almost twice the success rate of domestic marriages! So you are taking a bigger risk getting married to someone in the US.”
I did not say it, I am just quoting.

Beside, I am not suicidal either and will not go into lengthy explanations as to why so many females have profiles beyond any civilized comments, not to mention outright lies (whether on this website or any other). But men’s attitude towards brides in pastures more greenish is very telling regardless of vicious hatred and merciless retaliation by arrogant feminists as a response to such quotes. By the way, I made a search on POF using the key word “relocation.” Guess how many results I’ve got in the whole USA? ZERO. How is that possible if so many people leaving the country in droves?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:44:12 PM
Another question: why does it seem nearly everybody is hostile, frustrated on this forum ?

...trying being on a dating site with no luck for two years and see how you feel

Just teasing

You can't have another man in a woman's body, not usually. - And how boring

Huh?!

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2008 7:02:49 AM
Hmmmm. I would think that the snapping up of candidates on the market would go both ways. If its a phenomenon at all, all the good males would be snapped up by all the good females at about the same rate. That would leave the conclusion that if you are not snapped up by someone you must have some characteristics that distinguish you. That is a psychologically bad outlook.

Personally, I find that those that don't get snapped up, both men and women, are those for whom it is not their highest priority in life, and has nothing to do with their appeal. They usually are quite successful at being single, and need to meet someone that really attracts their attention to cause them to relinquish a comfortable, evolved and full life.

Most people keep changing things until they get to where they are comfortable, then they stay there. While it is true that a perfect match is not simple to find, perfectly good matches are all over the place if you are open to them.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/5/2008 2:50:21 PM

Personally, I find that those that don't get snapped up, both men and women, are those for whom it is not their highest priority in life, and has nothing to do with their appeal. They usually are quite successful at being single, and need to meet someone that really attracts their attention to cause them to relinquish a comfortable, evolved and full life.

Most people keep changing things until they get to where they are comfortable, then they stay there. While it is true that a perfect match is not simple to find, perfectly good matches are all over the place if you are open to them.

I think you’re absolutely correct in your observation. I know I have become very comfortable with my lifestyle and hesitate to move out of that zone. Eventually I am hoping to meet someone but have yet to encounter anyone who has made enough of an impact on me to want to deviate from my “ blessed singleness.”

...maeflowers
 catkin2007
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:43:40 AM
Finally someone that understands other than Gary.
 Iron Chiron
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/6/2008 2:52:01 PM
Dear Moderator,

I don’t see any link to contact you and ask you a question. Would you please contact me directly? Or maybe at least any of the forum members knows how to do that and why conspiracy of hiding links exists? I contacted the owner (by accident, could not find his link either), but he did not respond.

As for the topic above: not one person said anything remotely applicable to my point. They even did not notice that I am not a native speaker, never intended to bring a bride into the USA, never said I wanted to be married and they never realized why I made this sudden post in a first place. Which illustrates my point that there is no way to communicate with absolute majority of people, male or female, because they make baseless assumptions and unable to read a few lines of text on their native tongue, less realize its hidden meaning.

On top of it: some posters do not have their photos, and their screen names (or even profiles) do not tell me whether it is a male or female. Welcome to the world you enjoy where everything at all turned upside down…
 Anora
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2008 12:38:12 AM
Beautifully Put - oh, wait, this is also a list of What THIS Woman Over 45 Looks For In A Relationship. Seems Maturity Crosses Gender.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/7/2008 6:29:19 AM
Loved your list, Sunstorm08! Especially the "curiosity and wonder" as signs of intelligence (not the know-it-alls!)
 c_deacon
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 9:55:09 AM
Heaven.......I understand what you are saying and thinking, but you truly must know that that way to make the brain cells flow even better, is to have what stimulates them the most, and that will be "attraction".........

I have often stated on here that it will be "looks" that will attract me, and "brains" that keeps me coming back for more...... The Barbie doll concept is over stated, and not really understood.

Perfection may be in the mind of those searching and seeking for that one that will be all that they want, but reality is much more of what truly happens.... It becomes the combination of attractiveness with chemistry that must include all the other factors of that person and their individual make up, that will determine in the end, who we match up with, and stay with long term.

I know that the "internal" make up of the one I am dating is most important in the long run, but if the vessel that holds that make up is unattractive in my eyes and mind, there is little chance of anything more than friendship..........And there is nothing wrong with friendship either.

Just my opinion........
 msladybal1
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:02:06 PM
I like your list better hhahahahahahah
 Chuck65201
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/16/2008 12:17:00 PM
Any more I am looking for that lady who will be my best friend and after that everything should fall into place.
 Chuck65201
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/17/2008 3:22:43 AM
Wow that post is right on the money.
 dustyknight
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/21/2008 11:40:44 AM
Ahhh after reading many posts and thinking about them I decided to post in this topic once again.
What I seem to be finding in potential fishes that write and I sometimes meet is..
what do you do? how much do you make?, where do you live? where do you work? what are your assets? 401k? what do you drive? what do you do on dates and where do you take them? and then the questions get worse..
What happened to you meet someone, go on a date, move on if you don't have much in common with another friend added? I think dating in my youth was much easier.
If you dated and fell in love, you married and melded your lives together..
Now as a middle aged single adult..it seems you must do an interview before even meeting for coffe or a drink. Then if you decide to date..the person then informs you that her kids have all rights to her assets.
Sorry I don't give a rats azz what you have, unless it's a pole barn, a boat and a harley!..just kidding.
Why must every date need to have a direction of longterm? Why isn't a date just that.. a date.. Have fun, enjoy the company and if you enjoyed it ask for a second date.
As we age we put so much importance on permancy that we create a buffer around us that superman couldn't break through..
This week, I answered a 40 question email before I'd even be considered for a coffee meeting..so I did answer and when I passed the inquisition..I politely passed on meeting her. She was offended that I declined..
I tell ya dating is not supposed to be this hard. You see someone that appeals to you, you chat with them and meet face to face..too simple I guess for the IT age of hiding behind a computer screen, posting 10 yr old pictures and yes even the married cheaters of both sexes using the net for their own reasons..
I haven't dated since last october and now I remember why I stopped.
what does a man over 45 look for? I can surely tell ya what I DON'T want!..
dusty
fishing is easier and the bass don't question your motives..
dusty
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:25:34 PM
I think all of the above are important except the decorating styles. Men and women are generally pretty different in that respect. I've never met a straight man with a flair for decorating and most men see floral patterns as very threatening to their masculinity for some reason, as if a single woman is going to have stripes and power tool prints as a bed spread and matching drapes. If you've ever watched "Designing for the Sexes" it seems the man is usually afraid of color and wants to make everything bland and boring like room at the Motel 6. I never want my home to look like an office. Women like to make their home personal that says something about them. I believe if you have a good relationship, when you eventually do combine households that you can find a happy medium, or he can have a space that is dedicated as his exclusively and the gal have hers. Just because my house has victorian furnishings, antiques and doillies, doesn't mean I am not ready to change to a cleaner, contemporary style when I begin a new relationship with someone. It is nice that men do pay attention to what kind of effort a woman puts into making a pleasant, comfortable abode.
 Bewildered100
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 5:33:59 PM
Personally, I think it's important for her to have pink flamingoes displayed prominently in her front yard, and an Xbox 360 (the good one, not the cheapo version)!
 csbor
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 4:28:31 AM
What happens at 45? I take it this number is merely representative of a mature adult who is looking for those aforementioned qualities that come naturally with good people. I find the whole age thing to be based on pre-conceived societal hang-ups and moral imperatives relying on anachronistic behavior expectations. In other words as was mentioned previously ,I want the same qualities I've always wanted. Being older just gives some of us better tools to find them. As it is for dating, ritualed, puritanical structure imported 200 years ago is creating chaos within relationships and needs to be seen as it really is. Ok so this was 2 rants in one thread...sorry but it had to be purged lest I end up in the therapy forum....

PS I am available to those who want to engage in hedonistic excess without the burden of being judged by those throwing large stones at hand blown houses.
 Blues1963
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/17/2009 8:28:28 PM
Quite frankly, if I ever brought a woman over to my house, and on seeing my dogs she
a) She asks me to "put those things outside"
b) is avoided by the dogs

She's gone. they are the best judges of character i've ever known.

Of course the dogs are gone and I live on a boat now. The new test is if she can figure out the boat toilet......
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/17/2009 10:01:45 PM

ask myself a simple question with a not so simple answer. The question is: Can I live with her worst to have her best? It takes time to see anyone's best traits and even longer for the bad ones to come out since they are often hidden in the beginning. And let's face it, just about everybody is fun to be with when they are at their best. I really want to see and understand their worst. So it takes time, to me that's what dating is all about.

...That makes so much sense to me.

Being single as long as I have, it's the " small stuff" I worry about. It's those little things that can escalate into big things and drive a wedge between a couple if it's not handled correctly.
I've grown so used to having things "my way" doing things my way....it's going to be a major adjustment on my part... One thing is for certain I will have to learn to C.O.M.P.R.O.M.I.S.E...(did I spell that right? ) As you can see it hasn't been a part of my vocabulary for some time. But I will practice that....and patience too....hmmm, wondering who is going to need it more...him or me.

Ya know, I've come to know myself pretty well over the years...and yes, I am so far from being perfect it's insane..but the truth of the matter is with all my faults, I'm still a darn good person, I am honest and I am loyal. And I have a heart as big as all tommorrow...just waiting for that special guy.

...maeflowers

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >