Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 382
view profile
History
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.Page 6 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Funny you should mention the word "hot" not something I really hear women saying.

Well, its a common slang for attractive. I hear it daily from the younger females that my kids hang with, but I am prepared to agree that its like "sick", "kewl" and the plethora of transitory adjectives that define generations. Ever been "down" for something? Used to be you were "up" for something!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 383
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:40:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm wicked hot.
If I ever have moments of doubt,
I just ask one of my girlies and they
confirm.
Works for me.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 384
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:47:53 PM
I don't know, Mae. A "hot babe" is obviously a requirement for some men over 45. I'll step out of that competition - it seems hot babe and over 45 is an oxymoron for some. Thank goodness for that!

...yeah but every man idea of a "hot babe' is different, over 45 or not. I thank gawd for those differences.

Hot babes are women that men find sexually appealing to the extent that they dream of starting at their toes and working their way slowly up the body exploring and savouring each and every curve and inflection

...Better think about a pedicure....just in case.

I have quite a few male friends that women find hot, but I personally can't see how they could possibly prefer them to me!

...Send pics....let us be the judge.

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:32:29 PM
Strange that "hot" is foreign to some of the fishes here on POF. On my "matches" page there is a link to "Women who think you are hot!"

Of course I am not going to let others get a look at my male friends. I only advertise for myself. I don't need the competition as it is!!!

What a man looks for in a relationship is a real woman that will stand beside him. Someone that he knows is by his side without having to think about it or question it. Someone that frees his mind from the uncertainty of the relationship so that he can think about how to make life better for both of them, knowing that he is doing the same for her, and she is thinking alike thoughts in her own way. Someone that makes it possible for their joint life to be more than the two of them would each be able to have on their own. Someone who cares whether they come home at night. Someone to touch gently in the soft morning light. Someone that eases his mind of the daily cares of life, and whose mind is eased by his presence in her life. Someone to love without limit who in turn loves him without limit. Someone with which to be one!

browneyesboo
Msg: 388
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:38:34 PM
For a minute, boo, I thought you wrote "I just ask one of my girdles"...

ahahahahahaha!

TimothyAL
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 4:19:08 PM
I'm surprised by the confusion between having sex and having a relationship. While sex can be an addition to a relationship, it can't be everything. I mean, you have to take a break every now and then and actually talk and learn to support each other.

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned, but I want to find somebody that I can't live without. That lights up my world. That makes me walk on clouds and keeps my heart beating fast. But I don't expect that all the time either. That would be as unreasonable as basing an entire relationship on sex.

Face it, anybody can get laid, but it takes a lot more effort to bring someone into your life and for you to enter theirs.

I'm mostly looking for someone that shares a lot of the same likes and dislikes I have and that enjoys the activities I do. And if she doesn't see her ex-husband in me and try to second guess me all the time that's all the better!
 Strings6
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 4:59:33 PM
Aamm,i will overlook your petty whinning as well as your lack of reading comprehension,i said i looked for a woman with both looks and personality...did i say i found one ? no i didn't.I said that now i see women who are fat and way past their prime and are still moody, pain in the ass prima donnas,just like they were when they actually had something a man wanted..it's not a matter of being negative it is part of alot of men's experience whether you think so or not...you said " i realy don't get it"...i admire your honesty.

I know all women are not like this,but enough of them are for it to be a factor,you say you hate generalizations...since you are such an english major perhaps you noticed that i used the word I,that is a personal pronoun..i was relating my own experiences and not generalizing...these "beautiful" women like to dismiss anything a man has to say that they don't like as "bitter" or some other such nonsense....next time have a point.
 kari135
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 10:31:24 AM

...or YOUR private parts...or if he can pay! (just joking, ladies, couldn't pass it up!)

Not as much of a joke as you think. I had a friend years and years ago - strictly platonic - who did his best to convince me how relaxing and enjoyable it was to be tied to his bed for a weekend and shaved from top to bottom. We sort of lost touch after his last sales pitch... bondage was never my thing, nor was being a dominatrix.
 Gue$$who
Msg: 408
Posted: 11/25/2009 7:36:41 PM
keep the faith, there are alot of good women out there, many with the same thoughts you shared. Finding that connection is a very difficult thing.
 dlb47
Msg: 412
Posted: 11/25/2009 8:10:17 PM

I think that part of what I'm looking for in a relationship, well after 45, is the ability to "get" each other without putting it in words. To sit with someone and feel comfortable without having to be speaking words all of the time. To just be together...

Nicely put.
There are women out here that are looking for the same. I would only add to the end...To just be together...to just be "me".
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 417
Posted: 11/25/2009 10:04:48 PM

I think that part of what I'm looking for in a relationship, well after 45, is the ability to "get" each other without putting it in words. To sit with someone and feel comfortable without having to be speaking words all of the time. To just be together...

...Ah yes, I know what you speak of, the easiness, the comfort, the contentment... where no words are needed. Just love and acceptance.

...maeflowers
 Strings6
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:28:35 AM
Geezer, i have just reached the point in life where i expect a woman to as responsable and accountable in a relationship as i was always expected to be..."i've got the (blank) so i make the rules" doesn't cut it anymore...i'm older and wiser and the blank has lost alot of it's luster.I rarely see a woman my age that sparks any real passion in a physical sense,yet they still think they got it going on and act in the same coy,indirect and ambiguous way with a chase me, pursue me attitude...fashionably unavailable wishing to relive their girlhood....in the past it worked because they were young and hot and i was young and stupid....now they are far from hot and i am a little wiser...it's personality time ladies...time to have one...time to understand and want to be a friend to a man....time to realize that your old bargaining chips are gone and it's time to cut a new deal.
I agree...there is nothing like a good old fashioned foot stomping Blues riff to make a man forget all of this insane relationship nonsense,alot of the women i knew back in the day were extremely jelous of my guitar and what they knew it meant to me and did for me that they could never touch...one even threatened to smash it aginst a wall...she called it the other woman
 kari135
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 5:50:06 AM

and as we always wonder...why are the good one so far away!....

And that, of course, goes both ways. Here, it seems, men don't always want what they say they do. I've had at least two that I know of for sure who have removed themselves from POF after I contacted them. One I am still in contact with, but he's never so much as hinted that he'd like to actually meet. I must be awfully scary...
 Strings6
Msg: 425
view profile
History
WHAT ABOUT WHAT I WANT???
Posted: 11/26/2009 6:45:49 AM
Blonde,it's only one sided if you are on the other side..men fail women...women fail men,the title of this thread could just as easily been what does a woman over 45 want ,both men and women would have responded and the post would have been the same.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 429
Posted: 12/3/2009 6:11:54 AM

Wait a second...you go on the POF and look at men's photo and women's photo and tell me that women dont take care of themselves compare to those bald pregant men

Yes - there are sometimes I think being heterosexual is a curse.
 lostsoullooking
Msg: 433
Posted: 12/3/2009 8:50:02 AM
From Irish

Well,

At the end of the day when the world quiets down so you can hear your own breathing, we all want the same things: comfort, love, and a peaceful heart.

What more could a person ask for?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 434
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:01:12 AM

Kind of funny that both men and women think everyone looks for younger, richer and better looking. Whenever in reality most of us are just looking for Mr. or Miss nice, decent looking and hard working people.......That is what we get thinking for other's.

So so so true. I get so tired of reading/hearing what I want. Unless it's me typing or talking, who in the hell else knows what that might be??? If I wanted someone younger, I'd be with one of the youngsters that want to date me. If I wanted Mr. Just Too Frickin' Handsome for His Own Good, I'd be with him (and I do know at least two that classify.) If I wanted a rich beyond my imagination, I would have stayed with him 3+ years ago when I met him (I didn't like him...he was a bigot, total turn off no matter how much money he had.) Point is? I just want someone who is "real" and willing to stay that way. Sad thing? That's actually harder to find than all the stuff others think I am looking for. Go figure. JMO
 rearguard*2
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:08:54 AM

That's actually harder to find than all the stuff others think I am looking for.

Always wondered why that should be true. On the other hand, I have run into enough loonies out there on the dating market. Perhaps all the "normal" people are in relationships and stay there?
 Vannili
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:05:11 AM

Only one the only one insist on in a woman is she have a pulse

You must be more,more than 45 years old, and not looking for a scripted character of a saintly woman. Ya know we have some bad moments, and good moments in our life...
 moraima
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:36:34 PM
"A site such as this is chock-full of the relationship-challenged crowd."

"Perhaps all the "normal" people are in relationships and stay there?"

.........and then there are the widowed folks who would still be in a relationship if death did not them part.
 moraima
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:41:19 PM
Chemisty is fabulous, but if they have personal demons, it so kills to mood.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 442
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:50:39 PM

There is something called "chemistry" and it out does all else. If you have it(chemistry) nothing else matters.

Chemistry is too ambiguous and too many expect it to be instant. Have you ever met or worked with someone that, at first you wouldn't have looked twice at but as you got to know how intelligent they were or what an exceptional person there were, your attraction to them grew? You can't count on chemistry when all you have is a picture, a profile and one time meeting over coffee.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 446
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:20:27 PM
Cmon, by this age we've had plenty of time to get an exorcism and send all those personal demons bye bye so we can enjoy a happy and healthy life
 m.t.nester
Msg: 448
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:37:46 PM
A trophy rack would be nice.
 lostsoullooking
Msg: 452
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:34:04 PM

A Storyteller

There is something called "chemistry" and it out does all else. If you have it(chemistry) nothing else matters. And the right person for you will have the right chemistry for you, nothing to worry about, just be open, they will become part of your life, as natural as breathing, like it always was...... you need no list

My life’s journey is to discovery it again. It brought me 25 years of joy and wonder.

Alas you’re too far away to take in and taste thy chemistry
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >