Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 435
view profile
History
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.Page 8 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

That's actually harder to find than all the stuff others think I am looking for.

Always wondered why that should be true. On the other hand, I have run into enough loonies out there on the dating market. Perhaps all the "normal" people are in relationships and stay there?
 Vannili
Msg: 437
view profile
History
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:05:11 AM

Only one the only one insist on in a woman is she have a pulse

You must be more,more than 45 years old, and not looking for a scripted character of a saintly woman. Ya know we have some bad moments, and good moments in our life...
 moraima
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:36:34 PM
"A site such as this is chock-full of the relationship-challenged crowd."

"Perhaps all the "normal" people are in relationships and stay there?"

.........and then there are the widowed folks who would still be in a relationship if death did not them part.
 moraima
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:41:19 PM
Chemisty is fabulous, but if they have personal demons, it so kills to mood.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 442
Posted: 12/3/2009 5:50:39 PM

There is something called "chemistry" and it out does all else. If you have it(chemistry) nothing else matters.

Chemistry is too ambiguous and too many expect it to be instant. Have you ever met or worked with someone that, at first you wouldn't have looked twice at but as you got to know how intelligent they were or what an exceptional person there were, your attraction to them grew? You can't count on chemistry when all you have is a picture, a profile and one time meeting over coffee.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 446
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:20:27 PM
Cmon, by this age we've had plenty of time to get an exorcism and send all those personal demons bye bye so we can enjoy a happy and healthy life
 m.t.nester
Msg: 448
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:37:46 PM
A trophy rack would be nice.
 lostsoullooking
Msg: 452
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:34:04 PM

A Storyteller

There is something called "chemistry" and it out does all else. If you have it(chemistry) nothing else matters. And the right person for you will have the right chemistry for you, nothing to worry about, just be open, they will become part of your life, as natural as breathing, like it always was...... you need no list

My life’s journey is to discovery it again. It brought me 25 years of joy and wonder.

Alas you’re too far away to take in and taste thy chemistry
 rearguard*2
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 5:24:37 AM
What men the world over want. A good meal.

They way to a man's heart is through his stomach. An old truism that more women should pay attention to. Nothing like a good tuna casserole to turn a man on to you. Even better if you patronize Victoria's Secret and are sporting their apparel when you drop by with the platter.....
 Moonchild51
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 6:52:34 AM

They way to a man's heart is through his stomach. An old truism that more women should pay attention to. Nothing like a good tuna casserole to turn a man on to you. Even better if you patronize Victoria's Secret and are sporting their apparel when you drop by with the platter.....

^^OK, OK, who let out my dating secrets? Dayum I wanna know! Now everybody will wanna be doing it...here I thought I had an edge!!!
 MondoVman
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 7:44:32 AM
^.^.^Ooooh, lots of chemistry on this page. None on the previous two. (literally)
 DivineBovine
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 3:55:16 PM

A warm hearted woman is what some look for....anyone seen any???

the phrase that always puzzles me is "looking for a good hearted woman". could y'all explain that one?

there's no history of heart disease in my family, so i'm pretty sure my heart is "good", but i don't think that's what is meant by the phrase.

They way to a man's heart is through his stomach. An old truism that more women should pay attention to. Nothing like a good tuna casserole to turn a man on to you.

um... i'm allergic to fish - but my Italian food is so good that even my former opera coach declared me to be honourary Italian!

Even better if you patronize Victoria's Secret and are sporting their apparel when you drop by with the platter.....

you forgot about the red high heels...
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 5:58:32 PM
We seek a type of relationship that runs like a fire in the hearth- starts out intense, bright and roaring, then turning in something warm and glowing. At times a lover and and others a friend, appealing to our minds and our hearts. Someone who enjoys "us" times and the time we spend with others. Lots of smiles laughter and good times.

<div class="quote">"you forgot about the red high heels..."

...and seeing the smile on her face when she comes home from shoe shopping....

....with a pair of nice steaks and a bottle of wine to match her shoes....

PS- I wish the site would fix the "quoting" and editing functions
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 465
Posted: 12/26/2009 5:36:40 PM
What men the world over want. A good meal.

They way to a man's heart is through his stomach. An old truism that more women should pay attention to. Nothing like a good tuna casserole to turn a man on to you. Even better if you patronize Victoria's Secret and are sporting their apparel when you drop by with the platter....

...Hey I just posted on another thread in response to that saying "If a way to a man's heart is through his stomach then he's going to starve to death"
But I do have some very sexy lingerie and a can of mushroom soup

...maeflowers
 c_deacon
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 5:44:33 PM
Now there's a mental thought not quite where my head is at........Panties and tuna fish.............

OT......Somehow by the age of 45, thinking that cooking and food is the way to entice a meaningful relationship that is equal, does not quite compute.

I am guessing that maybe an equal opportunity lover that enjoys what you enjoy as much as you do, and is willing to share would be far more important than ones stomach.

Ah equality in and out of bed......the true equalizer!!.......

cd............
 Jim in NB
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:17:25 AM
First off a friend. I think the the mating part of a relationship (the having kids part) is no longer relevant other than a woman who has demonstratable proof that she can be a good parent - good kids (not perfect). Next, someone who is not caught up with themselves too much or the world too much. It is really hard to look at the world and see any kind of common sense around today. Two big examples - the over reaction to airline security and Tiger Woods. Let's get real. And most of all for me - someone who is comfortable with who she is as a person - that she doesn't feel the need to live up to anyone standards but her own. A nice smile sure helps too! And for sure little or preferably no war paint!
 c_deacon
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:29:00 AM
You know......As I remember it, I did not think or act differently when I reached 45. I have never considered birthdays as defining who I am and how I act, but just a celebration for being honored that I am still active, vital, and found interesting by some, even if they are now experiencing more birthdays as well......

I have some friends that use assistance in the love making department, and some are younger, and some are older, but most that I know that need nothing, are those that have maintained their weight more, stayed somewhat in shape, do not smoke, and do not allow stress to rule them.

Now, if there is something that I look for now that I am past 45, it is much more "equality" and "financial security" and that has as much to do with my life experiences and mountains that I have climbed, as it does with the number on my drivers license.

cd.........
 kari135
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 8:48:09 PM

From now on I am sticking to the basics.
Is he heterosexual?
Does he like/want kids?
Does he have a job? Or better yet, does he have health insurance?
He is alive? Right? Somewhere on this planet?

There have been times I would have settled for warm with a pulse.
 MELANIE1953
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2013 10:43:15 AM
Personally, I find that those that don't get snapped up, both men and women, are those for whom it is not their highest priority in life, and has nothing to do with their appeal. They usually are quite successful at being single, and need to meet someone that really attracts their attention to cause them to relinquish a comfortable, evolved and full life.
Most people keep changing things until they get to where they are comfortable, then they stay there. While it is true that a perfect match is not simple to find, perfectly good matches are all over the place if you are open to them.

This is true.. as it is for me.. I am successful at single.. I didn't intend to be.. didn't want ot be, but the male pool is quite shallow and narrow of late... Also, I really have to "feel it" with the person I am meeting.. I really dont compromise on the Chemistry thing.. there has to be a connection.. a spark. We can work from there.
Also, there are no " strict rules" to love or to apprecate another's life or self..such as, "they must be this and they must be that in order to win my attention, and be worthy."
Everyone has a gift or two.. some will mesh with my gifts and others will not.. I am willing to wait on the right combination.. although it is hard at times to be patient.
 nirvanawithu
Msg: 487
Posted: 3/16/2013 11:11:55 PM
Good old fashioned communication. After all these years, I still never quite got the mind reading thing down.

Presuming we have chemistry, I'd just like to know straight answers about how she feels, what she likes, and to speak up if there's a better idea.

If she says "fine", I know for sure things are NOT fine, but NO clue what it is, or if was even something in the last day or month... If she says "nothing", then I know something is up.

Honestly, at this stage I'd just like to make every moment the best it can be and I'm looking for a partner that feels the same and communicates. The rest only gets better...
 batcher
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2013 7:53:24 AM
Well what I want is someone to scratch my back.....lol
 califgirl47
Msg: 489
Posted: 3/17/2013 1:21:03 PM
Let me add to this....
Let us ask, what a woman at 50 is looking for?

I've just about thrown in the towel. I get the fact that we all have a baggage over time. Mine is just a small carry on, most men I've met either on POF or otherwise have huge sets of Luggage. I mean a full set of louie V. Married muliple times, drinking problems, lives with their family, or basically is out to get laid.

I shake my head at it all. Is this supposed to be this difficult? I am all of the above that he has posted and more but cannot find a decent man. Last man I spoke with had been married 5 times last one he said was a drug addict/drunk.

{head shaking}
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 490
Posted: 3/17/2013 2:57:04 PM
^^^ funny how everyone thinks they have the least amount of baggage. While everyone else has too much baggage. Diffrent people have diffrent idea what baggage is.. If you have no baggage that anyone can point at. Then they say your baggage is that you don't have any baggage by the time you are 45 lol.. I heard that a few times before.
 DragonBits
Msg: 491
Posted: 3/17/2013 3:39:26 PM

funny how everyone thinks they have the least amount of baggage. While everyone else has too much baggage. Diffrent people have diffrent idea what baggage is.. If you have no baggage that anyone can point at. Then they say your baggage is that you don't have any baggage by the time you are 45 lol.. I heard that a few times before.

Not that strange. If out of 100 people in an area there are 5 that have no baggage and 95 have a lot of baggage, then the 5 will more frequently encounter the 1 of the 95. And consider that those with no baggage are frequently taken out of the dating pool not to return for a long time.

It's Gresham's law applied to dating .
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 492
Posted: 3/17/2013 5:52:38 PM
As a woman over 45 I look for

I want a man that I fancy and want in bed and he is sexperienced first up.

Then a reasonable level of education and financial success as I dont want a meal ticket or to be one. Just equal give and take.

A man who is communicative about his emotions, not afraid to show them.

Treats me and all others with respect.

An animal lover and a concern for the plight of humanity and our planet.

His voice needs to be attractive for me to be even slightly interested.

His way of dressing has style and taste.

He has travelled and is well read.

No ex wife he has not quite gotten over or is overly involved with, still.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >