Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 176
view profile
History
wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?Page 8 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Hey, you don't have to wear make-up to look better. I promise! Have a good hair cut, more up-to-date attire and yes, won't hurt if you have a healthy lifestyle. Have a positive outlook. Get into a good hobby, a sport. You will see you will look much younger than your age. I know a 49 year old guy who can put to shame many 20-30 year olds. ;)

No argument here - except that it's equally true for males and females.
 Louder than Love
Msg: 177
what if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 5/21/2008 3:18:26 PM
I know a girl who lied about her age, Sure it bother me at first. I wasn't bothered buy her age, it was the fact that she lied about it. But to forgive is devine Besides age is just a number.
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 178
wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 5/21/2008 3:39:30 PM
Another point what if you were her and she was 8 years younger????….do you think she should think and feel the way you do???? Do you think it’s fair if she says it would be harder to reach your goals because of your age?????

Well for one thing she wouldnt have been lieing about her age, this is all about lieing and deciveing some one for a long time and you women think he should just look it over and not worry about it. But if it was a man you would want to be hanging him by his ba==s for lieing.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 179
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:14:30 PM
basic and important as one's real age. . . .

Well, I haven't ever lied about it. In fact, never had to. Peeps just make assumptions, and don't tell you what they are. But I can think of a million or more things MORE important than one's real age. . . .

Fact of the matter is about 50% more men lie about their ages on these sites than women do. They lie almost as much about their weight (within 6%), and considerably more about their height.

OPie, if you love her, keep on keepin' on. If this shakes your so-called love to it's core: so be it.

Challenge
Msg: 180
what if she lied about age.......
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:55:19 PM
I wrote this earlier on...........and what is so suprising to me is how some regard the truth as trite or to be utilized when convenient....

The fact that she lied about her age is morally repugnant to me. The essence of any solid relationship is based on integrity and trust...

Without that foundation, it is simply a matter of time until the next betrayal is exposed...

When I review a profile, I trust that the age depicted is just that....accurate and truthful...

I have on occasion found that in the narrative a different age appears with the claim of " it was lowered to be in a certain search category" or " the system wouldn't let me change it". They are both fallacious arguments......just be honest about your age...it is what it is......if the system won't allow the change, then create a new profile and retain your integrity.

I personally will not engage in a dialogue with a liar........

OP......my condolences ..........I can only imagine the next big lie that is out there waiting for you.
 ladyc4
Msg: 181
Posted: 5/21/2008 5:24:35 PM

you women think he should just look it over and not worry about it. But if it was a man you would want to be hanging him by his ba==s for lieing

Personally, given that he's not old enough to be my dad nor young enough to be my son, I don't much care whether a man tells me his age or not. If we start getting serious I do appreciate a heads-up about significant issues like serious health problems, retirement plans( if he is not already retired), but age is just a number. I guess I might feel bad that a man felt it NECESSARY to lie about his age, because that would tell me he'd been running into a lot of shallow women and men who've been emotionally abused like that can be hard to have a relationship with. But I seriously doubt I would feel compelled to hang him up by the balls...
Cindy O
 Sharzi
Msg: 182
Posted: 5/23/2008 3:06:44 AM
Dave (OP).....

I'm sorry to hear that dishonesty is something you've been experiencing with her.
She wanted you so badly she was willing to lie to you about her age, and then she has done the very thing that would mean she will lose you... to continue to lie.

Have you thought of couples counseling?

Sharzi
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 183
Posted: 5/23/2008 4:27:35 AM
You are extremely shallow. Age is just a number and can you blame her for wanting some lambsteak? She is still the same person and the only mistake she did was assuming you to be shallow so she lied about her age!!

If age is only a number why is it that so many have age restrictions like some ladys want boy toys and some men want way younger women than what they can really deal with, age is not just a number its a fact of life and poeple have age restriction because that is what they want, now for some one to lie about thier so they can meet some one younger and than decive them for so long is not right.
 Sharzi
Msg: 184
Posted: 5/23/2008 4:02:00 PM
anyoneouttheir wrote

***** like some ladys want boy toys *****

No, we want men who aren't nasty, condescending, rude, controlling, impatient and looking for a slave. I could care less about a boy toy, what I care about is a man who doesn't treat women like 2nd class citizens.

Every single time I've gone out with someone over 45 or 46, that's what I've gotten. Happened again last night. He was 50 and even though my instincts told me not to go out with him, I keep hoping I'll meet someone closer to my age who will prove to me that the above is not a reality for every man over that age. And again, I was disappointed.

My profile is very clear that I'm not thin. I not only have it in my profile, but I openly tell anyone I'm talking to what size I take and that even though my face appears thin, my body isn't. I'm not huge, but I'm not what most men appear to be looking for.

I told him he looked very much like his pics. Then I asked him if I look like mine. Most men when they meet me tell me I look much better than my pics.... unless they're over 46. He looked at me and asked if I wanted the truth (why oh why didn't I say no?)... then he said, "Well, you are bigger in person than in your pics."

I came home, joined the BBW personals and have resigned myself that even though most men think I'm average, I'd rather weed out the guys who are shallow and hold out for the ones who truly do want the gift of a good woman even if the wrapping isn't quite perfect.

Sharzi
 its really me
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/11/2008 6:46:00 PM
I just fell into this topic but I'm going to toss my two cents worth. I personally don't like doritos (please don't hold that against me). As for age.....some say it's a number, but which number one picks shouldn't be one that another wants to hear. I used to always look for an older man (when I was much younger)...now as the years go by, I find somewhat younger men have more energy and more interests in common. Lying about one age is not nearly as bad as lying about being married to someone else If you care about someone and it's mutual then age shouldn't matter (never thought I'd be saying that!!! ) If you find someone you want to spend your life with....then why question the age...but I would question the honesty.
 OnelongleggedBlonde
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/12/2008 11:28:08 AM
Many people would think they are lucky to find someone who loves them and they in return love. Love doesn't come along with an age limit. If your uncomfortable with her age, she would be lucky if you walked away. You said she looked younger, well in case you haven't noticed. The trend is a younger guy with an older women. Why did she lie? Maybe she could tell you were not comfortable with her age. I "lied" one time, I came clean shortly into the relationship, he was fine with it. Guess he was there because of me, not what others might think of him being with a women older than him. I am sure you know the term MILF well I think you found one and she won't be alone long. You hold yourself up pretty high, you have NEVER lied? If you were less than honest did you want to be forgiven? If not, toss her out the next man will love her too.
 Zeonlyone
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/12/2008 2:30:21 PM
At the start if you new then for me age would have been no big deal. But the lying yeah big deal. Sorry but were old enough now to know better. By know we know it hurts. Look how long she new and loved you so much not to tell you. Something to really think about..
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:08:36 PM

t is extremely rare for a person to lie about one subject, and one subject only, and to be completely truthful about everything else.

So how about if a guy lies about his height? What if he says he is 5' 9" and you are 5' 6"--when you meet him, you wear three inch heels and tower over him like an Amazon.

Once a liar, always a liar?
 sunspots457
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:18:40 PM
It depends on how entertaining it will be to listen to more of her BS during the rest of the date...... but these days mostly... if someone from online has misrepresented themselves... I will just say never mind and split.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:03:37 PM

One professed early white lie is one thing--perpetuated lie is different issue.

Ah, I see--there are graduations of lies. Gotcha. If a man lies about his height, OF COURSE he wouldn't lie about anything else.
 lisafine
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:07:03 PM
Her real age in itself doesn't change her as the person you fell in love with, what's changed is your perception or image of who you think she is.
Or maybe who you wanted her to be.
She found herself trapped in her lie about her age. She sensed early on your potential disapproval of her white lie, as time went by the truth became harder to admit to.
No doubt many hints were dropped which showed her what your reaction to her lie would be when it came to light, which prevented her from admitting she'd knocked several years off her age.
Your reaction when she finally did confess is predictable. She knew and expected to be dumped and she was.
So why post on here, you obviously got the result you were hoping for.
 tick tock
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:38:59 PM
Why are all the old...sorry, older women on here so defensive about this topic. The poster above makes a lot of ASSumptions. Perhaps, like many women, she is insecure about her age and chose to lie right off the bat and then got stuck in a lie because she lacks moral character.
 texastigress
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:57:12 PM
I have a big issue with lying all together. I met a jerk on here in March who claimed to be 51 years old - I'm 46. We "dated" for just over 2 months and I found out that he lied about his age via the Internet. Ah, the Internet...such a marvelous invention. We haven't been seeing one another since the end of March - he dumped me for someone he met on here who dumped him before he started seeing me. I was the "rebound" girlfriend. While he was dumping me, I confronted him about his age and he said that he did it because he looked and felt younger - feel younger I can see, look younger, I don't think so. He had that crepey, elderly skin - he shouldn't have that type of skin at the age of 51 - I know plenty of men around that age and their skin isn't like that. I'm pretty sure that he was over the age of 60 or almost 60 - this is per the site I found his information on. He didn't tell me what his true age was. I really didn't have an issue with his age - it was the lying. (He calls them "white lies".) So the point is that, once they lie about one thing, it makes you wonder what else they lied or will lie to you about. BTW, he's a part-time actor and NO ONE trusts them!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:50:44 AM
Lies---people have different viewpoints but the bottom line is if someone feels the need to lie to you before they met you...then they have issues they should resolve.

Met a man on here who said he was in his early 50's. His yahoo profile had him at 61 when I asked all at once I became the bad guy..the usual POF had messed up his age and then he couldnt change it.

Then he said that some people wont consider you if you are in your sixties, Well isnt that their right? If someone wants to limit their possibility to finding someone by age....then to me it is their right to be shallow. Sometimes you can forget you are a year older etc...but this guy was 8 years older, we spend 20 min one night after he brought up the subject of people being older than their pictures..he was telling me how the pictures were within the last year. He is a good example about how if they lie about age then they will keep lying to you. He said he was new to the site and wasnt sure he liked it, that he hadnt met anyone. A few days after the age thing this woman posted a testimonial about what a great kisser he was.

I met another man, outdated picture who said he was 57, but the more I talked to him the older he sound, his taste in music, age of his son (43) etc. then he made up a myspace profile and listed his age as 55, when I asked him he said it was just age and didnt matter..if someone will lie about a FACT, age, height, maritial status...they will lie about anything, imagine what they will say about how they feel!

I just dont understand the concept of trying to rope someone in with lies...if you met the person and like them you will always be torn about their honesty. I cant imagine how it would feel to met someone and then have them not like you based not on what you lied about but the fact you lied, lies would seem to be counterproductive.
 Stajieenikkie
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:50:18 AM
Age is just a number!!!

U must love her to propose to her.

I think u can love and embrace that shes older than you are.

When I was 14 I told a guy I was 18 it really blew up in my face but we stayed together for 3 years.

Now looking back Im going to be 22 and hes going to be 29 this year it doesnt seem to matter as much.

Im usually with guys 7-10 years older it doesnt affect much.
 Joe33647
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 2:20:03 PM
I married my x in 1980 thinking she was one year older then I was. As time went on questions would come up, drivers license, passports, etc. Finally she admitted being eight years older. For me, the actual number wasn't nearly as important as the lie. If a person would lie about something so trivial, do you really want to hitch your wagon to them for life not knowing what other lies might come?
 Sam R.
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:08:48 PM
"LIES"

Performed and written by The Knickebockers 1965

Lies, lies, you're tellin' me that you'll be true

Lies, lies

That's all I ever hear from you

Tears, tears

I shed a million tears for you

Tears, tears

And now you're lovin' someone new

Someday I'm gonna be happy

But I don't know when just now

Lies, lie-ies

A-breakin' my heart

You think that you're such a smart girl

And I'll believe what you say

But who do you think you are, girl

To lead me on this way hey

Lies, lies

I can't believe a word you say

Lies, lies

Are gonna make you sad someday

Some day you're gonna be lonely

But you won't find me around

Lies, lie-ies

A-breakin' my heart

Someday I'm gonna be happy

But I don't know when just now

Lies, lie-ies

A-breakin' my heart

You think that you're such a smart girl

And I'll believe what you say

But who do you think you are, girl

To lead me on this way hey

Lies (ah!), lies (yeah baby)

I can't believe a word you say

Lies, lies

Are gonna make you sad someday

Some day you're gonna be lonely

But you won't find me around

Lies, lie-ies

A-breakin' my heart

I said, baby, now (breakin' my heart)

Oh, yeah, you're still breakin' my heart (breakin' my heart
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/14/2008 12:58:24 PM
Wow! this topic has gone on for 19 pages. LOL Just thought I'd throw in my .2 pesos. Since the OP has decided to continue his relationship with that woman says something, that being that he has gotten over it. But what I have a problem with are the posters here who seem to view what she did as some kind of high crime. LOL C'mon people there are far worst things that she could've hidden from him like being a fugitive felon, not being divorced, or worst. Those are issues that have far more devastating consequences than lying about her age. Since we don't have her side of the story, we don't know why she didn't tell him her "true" age. But I'm willing to play devil's advocate here and say that maybe the men in her age category are not what she's looking for (obviously) or maybe it's because men are always looking for younger (which is all relative I guess) than themselves. Sixties and 70s years olds can be healthy, but maybe she's not ready to be a nurse to someone and wants to be able to spend far more time having fun with her man than being his nurse.

Some men in their 40s and 50s are looking for the 20-30 somethings and would not even entertain the thought of a woman who is in her 60's even if she does take care of herself. The fact that the OP couldn't tell the difference is an indication that this woman looked much younger than 62. Believe me, if you really love someone the fact that she's 8 or even 10 years older shouldn't matter. The only time that should hurt the relationship is if the guy was looking to have children and obviously both of them are out of the baby-making years (well, a guy can always father kids if he has lots of swimmers LOL). Lying about health, marital status, financial status, criminal past or whatever is far worst, folks.
 Mirage111
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/14/2008 1:16:52 PM
hmm I know there is a difference between...body age and real age. Perhaps in body age you are older then her...

she did fess up and tell you at the expense of possibly the relationship, give her that.

the rest is up to you and how much you love her.
 Hey_you...
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:56:02 AM
As you get older, you learn to pick your battles and fibbing about a few years regarding your age is not one of them. Only an issue if procreation is a desire.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?