Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Paren-Tales of a Jujubee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JuJuBee
Msg: 326
Paren-talesPage 14 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Thank you, boy child of mine. Your heart is full of beauty, my Bran.
(not directed @ Bran or anyone-came from a conversation with a dear friend today)

Time doesn't prepare a heart, does it? Words are just words. Actions though...can break a person into a million jagged scattered pieces.

One step forward collides with forty steps backwards as my heart explodes with each beat. Sadness isn't easy to shake @ this stage of the game. Maybe it's all a stage.

Breathing. A stage.
Growing. A stage.
Learning. A stage.
Laughter. A stage.
Tears welling up from the bottom of a soul caught in a crossfire collision.

Peace. No.

Pieces. Woven together in mismash mismatched melancholy. Seaming together a heart shattered, broken with each
misstep
sliding gliding into darkness...
undescrible unless you have know the feeling &
my friend...I hope you never have the knowledge of such a feeling..
 JuJuBee
Msg: 327
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/2/2009 8:30:31 PM
Elijahblue had dental surgery today. He went in @ 10am & walked out the door @ 3pm. He came to, fighting like a tiger. He took them seven rounds before they came & got me.

Amazing how dr.s & others don't listen when you say...
"when he wakes, he could be a huge growly bear"...awww sugar, we've handled a million kids like him...uhmmm...

Since then, he has eaten. & eaten. & eaten. Did I mention that he's also eaten?! He may have put on 5 lbs tonight alone making up for the morning fast before surgery. God love him.

He was estatic @ being home. He laid back a awhile & said he was impressed with having no hurting teeth. He already feels better.
 himynameisSarah
Msg: 328
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:06:45 PM
Entry for August 26, 2009

peints on Momma!

I want my paeints on!

mi-yulk, I want some mi-yulk

no, momma,

come dis way

do you like dat Mama??

My Angel cries and pitches fits
All day long it seems
knowing these are passing times
Wondering if I"ll lose my mind

Can't help but smile
Because he is so little
And stubborn as a mule

Can't help but smile
for every little look and tantrum
Is the spitting image of you

Slumber well my baby
I know you want it all
It will be there in the morning
We shall play and have a ball
Just close those long black lashes
Dream about suckers and gummies
Swinging high, flying like Superman
Going down the slide on your tummy

The many adventures
We have everyday
Wear my little one out
And here in the night I pray

That I do it right
My little blessing
Red face streaked with tears
the greatest gift He gave to me.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 329
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:22:33 AM
that, Sarah Thank you!

Elijahblue headed out late Thursday night to a small town in Oklahoma to spend time with his gran between her hospital stays.

Ahhhhh...a four day weekend. (sighhhh) Time to relax, unwind, enjoy good company & dear friends.

Friday night, I set out for my grillfry's house @ midnight-love driving late @ night enveloped in darkest hues of midnight wrapped in starshine. Two hours later it's 3am & having just arrived @ the first stop light in town, I was christened by a state trooper for having bright lights. (?!!!) I sincerly hope he made his holiday quota.

Saturday evening was beautiful-I couldn't've requested better. :) I had no cell signal @ the cook-out we went to so when I got back in signal, the phone blew up with calls from family & friends-did you see that play?!!! Where ya @-what are ya doing?

My Elijah's gran was rushed back to the hospital with severe stomach pain & found out she had to have emergency chemo. His dad & I arranged to meet in Van Buren Sunday afternoon & I started packing my bags.

Got home by 10am Sunday morning, refueled & hit the road again with fresh batteries in my camera & a full tank of gas. It was a beautiful day for a drive. I stopped @ Ozark & took pictures here & there, turned up my music & drove steady past Ft. Smith, stopping for the night in Van Buren. I played tourist for a while & enjoyed the down time that rarely happens.

We stayed in VB & relaxed with Elijahblue asking questions here & there about his gran & life in general. He's an old soul...

The next morning, I got online & mapped out a different route home with the interstate as my safety. We took a county highway & found this little place & that little swimming hole & a few city squares dating back to the late 1800s. It was fabulous!

My travel buddy was wonderful-pointing out things, laughing @ cows, enjoying the day & us being together.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 330
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:07:32 AM
Seaming together plans for some weekend traveling for the blonde haired blue eyed boys & I...we're going all over the state of AR (& surrounding areas) seeing historic things, neat things & out of the way places.

I need it. He needs it. Time for us!
 floating down the river
Msg: 331
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:20:37 PM
Once a week for 60 years, my Dad took my Mom out. Usually on Friday night. No kids. Not counting vacations. He told me that was his secret for staying in love. That generation, and the generations before really knew what it was all about....Enjoy your writes...

T
 JuJuBee
Msg: 332
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:45:43 PM
Love thinking of how in love they must've been.... thank you for telling us.

Earlier in the evening, I had a very special date with two of my favorite guys...one with blonde hair & blue eyes, one with blonde hair, blue eyes, & freckles...neither related to the other. We went to Elijah's school for the Academic Achievement Awards to be given & for Elijah to recieve an ABOVE profricient in Literacy & an ABOVE proficient in Math.

How far we've come.

Hour or so ago, I laid my head down to sleep beside Elijahblue. He woke twenty minutes ago screaming from his soul out. I was there before he had woken himself & calmed him, getting back back to sleep....poor little guy.

In the midst of all that's going on with E's Gran, I have two G-pa's still calling earth home. One had an emergency pacemaker put in a couple weeks ago, the other? Diabetic & lives hard & dries wet. The first-87. The second-84.

There was an emergency run to the ER tonight for the first one (87). He'd gotten new meds of some sort @ his dr. today that made him feel like he was having a heart attack.

The other (84) has refused to go to the dr. since...the beginning of time. My mother drug him there yesterday to have a spot on his head looked @. It's cancer & his dr. was speechless.

And Elijah & Trev & Cole know none of this. I'm planning to let them continue being children for even a second longer.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 333
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:40:35 AM
Let the record show that Elijah's bedtime music request was B.B. King's (w/ U2) When Love Comes To Town, Beauty of Who You Are by Marc Broussard & Realize by Colbie Calliat.

It's good to know he's open to good music of all genres.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 334
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:53:39 PM
AA Riv

Holding my hands as his Elijahblues gaze solemnly into mine...

I'm not doing 2nd grade work-it's too easy.

(Hi Tonya, this is Elijah's teacher-can you come in for a meeting?
Sure, (as I'm running through the bank, then the grocery, then...) when do you need me? Now would be great-we'll all three (?!) sit down with him.)

I'm not doing 3rd grade work-it's too hard.
(Why should I? I know how to do most of it-I just don't want to write. )
Baby...you've got to make an effort. Your Benchmark proved to everyone that you are NOT without mental capacity. (have to be soooo careful how I word it)
(Mom. Seriously? Is it going to matter if I don't do my work? I'm not perfect @ it & it bothers me)

:( I'm going back to "my" class-my brain is tired from exhaustion.:(

I hate school.

Why am I not perfect?

Why can't I stay little forever?

Okay...I'll do two more pages for you & then I'm quiting for tonight.

I love you, Mom. Good night.

Hard to explain the quiet resistance unless you witness it. Harder to explain to teachers that I paid money for them to teach me & I'm not there because...I'm with Elijah...in meetings for him...praying for him, grabbing his hand & pulling his stubborn not going to do it self through...again.

JuJuBee
Msg: 335
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:55:14 PM
Just got the news, I'm going to be a AunT to a girl baby!!!\

The first of the girl babies on my side of the family!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 336
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:06:38 PM
Spent time with my GrandpaD (87) this weekend. The older he gets, the more confusing the world is to him, although his sense of humor sparkles...shining from deep inside. My dad has his hands full, asking for no help, although I couldn't drive four hours roundtrip a day with E in school for love or money. :(

GrandpaD made a comparision yesterday between my GranD

{{{which was (a saint-leaving it @ that) wonderful person with a shining personality that never met a stranger & loved each person hard for who they were-not expecting to change anyone...}}}

& his current ladyfriend that we all love & adore...mentioning the fact that they had so much in common, mannerisms, laughter, ability to not meet a stranger...

Completely out of the blue he said...GranD has been gone 15 years ...as his eyes misted over, he said I'm thankful for Grace (now ladyfriend), but it's been a long life without your Gran.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 337
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:05:44 AM
posted on TNT's Train Journey, intertwined with his thoughts

Freedom. To soar. Spirited.....

My mind is exhausted. They force me to achieve, to excel, to push myself.

If you do the things that are easy to you, yet required...& show them you can,
you will move on to things that challenge you. The world is yours, little one.

My young flame glows brightly as he considers each word, turning them over, testing thier weight in his mind...in his ideas, tasting the texture of each new thought.

I find comfort in knowing my original teacher is near, although I've been placed in the age approriate class, but is it enough?

I want to protect what I know-what if my mind gets to crowded?

The things you know are easy to you. The things you don't know are the challenge...to learn...to soar...high above them.

Thank you for helping me to understand why, Mom. It's not always clear to see.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 338
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/24/2009 5:40:47 PM
My 14yr old, Cole, is having surgery tomorrow to place pins in his hip bone to meld it together. Please say a prayer for him-I'm packing our bag to head that way. Thanks:)
 iceaxe
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/24/2009 6:17:49 PM
Hi JuJu, thoughts and good wishes headed your way. Just stumbled on this great thread. Hope you don't mind if I repost something here that fits the theme. True story put to rhyme:

concerned as I was
for my son's high fever
and being new at this
I picked up the receiver
as late as it was
doc's office was closed
but the triage nurse
was calm and composed
I told her his temp
was high and rising
and as a brand new dad
I needed advising
I thought how nice
her concern for me
how was I taking it
well, as calm as can be
no she said
interjectedly
orally or
rectally
 JuJuBee
Msg: 340
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/29/2009 1:53:06 PM
Love it, IceAxe

Remind me this time next year *NOT* to enroll in 13 hours of college because a little boy I know & love won't be able to maintain from Sept-Dec. Each year. Without fail.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 341
Paren-tales
Posted: 9/30/2009 12:59:58 PM
Cole's doing well, recovering tenderly. His dr. said he's out of basketball for three months then the fun begins again. :) Ty for asking!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 342
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:02:50 AM
Thank you, AA!

Two excellent days @ school last week! Elijah stayed in the "mainstream" class half a day Thursday & ALL day Friday!

I've started candida cleansing with him & wooooo, what a ride! Candida is yeast & is in EVERYTHING. It's amazing how something so simple & seemingly insignificant can make a difference. He's also taking dha & his dr. & I agree that he'll be off his meds (I'm praying) entirely by the end of school in May-June '10.

Trev was chosen for one of the two homecoming (princes?) in his class. :) Homecoming is in mid-January.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 343
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:03:25 PM
Awww thank you, AA:) x3

Candida cleansing can happen @ any age, but I think kids fight it more maybe?
Today was another excellent day although the teacher in his ALE classroom told me she'd like to know what I'd done to him (?!) to make him do so well. I told her we'd sat down & had a talk. She said THAT couldn't be it...had to have been something else.

I had to walk away biting my tongue.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 344
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:04:44 PM
Awww thank you, AA:) x3

Candida cleansing can happen @ any age, but I think kids fight it more maybe?
Today was another excellent day although the teacher in his ALE classroom told me she'd like to know what I'd done to him (?!) to make him do so well. I told her we'd sat down & had a talk. She said THAT couldn't be it...had to have been something else.

I had to walk away biting my tongue.

Cole's doing good, but still a little stiff. Said he wouldn't be going back to school for another week. He's going nuts being trapped with his present company.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 345
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:11:23 AM
Mom, why is Dillards & billiards spelled the same & sound different when you say them?

You are the most beautiful mom in the world. I love you just the way you are.

Does argula go with everything?

Why would anyone eat food that dirty? (?! No one does on purpose, Eman) But mom, organic is clean-should we wash everything we eat?
 JuJuBee
Msg: 346
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:54:41 PM
Awwwwww Gotta love the Zoe. :)

Elijah is settling in to 2nd grade (NOT the behavior issues classroom though God knows if he needs it, he'll go back). The thing about having a child twice exceptional/dual-gifted child is that each goal they DO meet is recognized as a huge step...maybe moreso because you know the struggle behind the scenes.

He was sent home a couple days ago with a tiny orange pumpkin sticky note that said, "Extradiodinary day!"

Maybe I'm crazy but that tiny note will probably mean as much if not more than when I have my Bachelor's Degree in my hands for the first time.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 347
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/14/2009 1:58:48 PM
Okay, my friends. Elijah has been having chest pains & we aren't quite sure why. I'm taking hin to the dr tomorrow to find out what is going on. Please say a prayer for him that it's something simple & explainable. Thank you, much!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 348
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/15/2009 2:12:09 PM
They did Xrays & decided it was cartlege isssues?! It mostly happens in girls to which he replied...I am NOT a girl. Otherwise, his heart & surrounding areas look good. Thanks, SS!
 ~Tropical~
Msg: 349
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/19/2009 12:20:38 PM
Hi there Juju and and my Sunny Sunshine...dropping in to visit you!

a fairytale of fruit

on the island of innocence
there is a tree which bears
the fruit of children’s toes

five bits of wonder on each foot

there are brown toes with hints of cinnamon
little pink toes that are slightly berry scented
mellow yellow toes which smell like banana
then there are the multi hued rainbow toes

all the different innocent flavors
that sparkle bright as pop rocks

Sometimes if we’re lucky
if we wait really quiet-like
they fall out of that amazing tree
like stars and satellites, grow legs
right before our astounded eyes
inch by inch, they come down

upon tickling ferns to land, take flight
start running, laughing through the hills
the air becomes pleased with the delight
of their speed and tender lack of guilt

if we can keep up with them, those
toes and legs dance musical ditties
humming us youthful jungle tunes

in wild abandon we can dance along
together under the guileless moon

with our twinkle toe friends
until the last breath of night
just before daylight shines
and they go, returning back

into the arms of innocence.

~E~
 JuJuBee
Msg: 350
Paren-tales
Posted: 10/23/2009 12:20:35 PM
Thank you, Sunshine & T-rop! ;) I the beautiful souls that wrote them. :)

Whispered as (loudly) quietly as they both can...remember top of your lungs, okay 'Lij? Okay, Trev-get ready to shower down!

Happy Birthday to youuuuu
beautiful Mom that we love
Happy Birthday to youuuu
our gift from up above
Happy Birthday dear Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaa!!!
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

What a pair of wonderful kidlets!
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Paren-Tales of a Jujubee