Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Paren-Tales of a Jujubee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JuJuBee
Msg: 86
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
God give me strength to bend where it wil benefit my children, to stay calm under any & all circumstances, to realize that ignorance isn't the fault of one or the choice of many, that if a person is judging another, they must not have walked in thier shoes.
Please help me to remain calm, find my center, and let what I can't control go.
Please let help me remember to let it go and focus on a new day.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 87
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:28:21 AM
Perhaps the "Serenity Prayer" will add a little stability to your day! It is something I use every day:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know
the difference!

and to reward stupidity with the end of a steel toed boot!!!!!!

love ya darlin!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 88
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:35:25 AM
Moma! Did you know if you pour dt. mtn dew in a pink glass it turns yellow?!
 grizzerman
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:56:49 AM
yah hoo......mt dew!!!!!!!!!!!
i always like adding all damn day to the end of the serenity prayer.....
 shamrockguy
Msg: 90
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:27:22 AM
Okay, this is a story about my daughter who is a mom herself now and is a language arts teacher near Kansas City Mo., When she started school at age five, her mother and I were already divorced. I had her and her brother, who at that time was nine, every other weekend. It was the beginning of her kindergarten year. She did not seem to like school very well. I called at the end of the second day to see how it was going and she told me (she had a mild speech impediment) "I don't wike it bery much Daddy I'm tink I will go fowah anoder week and den if I don't wike it, I'm dust donna twit". I was both amused, and, a little alarmed. A few weeks later I picked the kids up for the weekend, and that's when I discovered why she did not like school. I asked her how school was going, she replied, " I wike it bettah now daddy. Owah teacher has been thick tho we have had a pwostatute. I almost wrecked the car.
All I can say, is, obviously, It got a watt bettah:)
 brawnydog
Msg: 91
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:37:19 AM
I guess I should write something prettier for you than I did last night, darlin.
hahahahaha

I'm taking an early happy hour
you can do that when you're parenting the retired
that's about the only difference
well, and they can pay for their own value menu

"I'm not going to take my pills today
I think they are poisoning me"
Me: well, I'm not gonna shove 'em down your throat
guess I'll go home and get drunk

his girlfriend stops by on her walk in the morning
I love this lady hahahahahahaha
and she's about to turn eighty
her b-day is actually halloween
but, this is the funny part
the way she talks to him
it's just like a little kid
"come over here and eat this banana and your cereal
you should have already taken your pills"
I dam.n near giggled
He said "I don't wanna"

and it's really not funny
it's reality
at this time in life people sometimes get both ends of the parenting spectrum
because, truth be told, we're all just children
 shamrockguy
Msg: 92
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:02:30 AM
We are for a fact. Many of us are in fact abortions er, uh, I'm sorry, fruedian slip there, I meant children, yeah, thats what I meant, children.
Happy drinking there Mr. Dog.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 93
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:32:04 PM

Rough week around Casa Juju...

His meds were forgotten three days.
His lunch was withheld until 2pm one day & he was told to do his work & he could have his lunch. Three hours later when his behavior councelor came by to check on him, he was almost crying from hunger. When he was to be picked up from school @ 2:30pm, his sitter had to wait on him to finish his lunch.
The very next day, the school lost him. Literally. They couldn't tell the sitter exactly where he was as she demanded they find him, & immediately. The school never called my work number...which yes...they do have, nor was there a voicemail on my cell. The flustered woman that was trying to appease the very unhappy sitter went on to say...what do YOU care? He's not your child anyway?
Luckily for the school district, he had made his way through the shuffle of no one gives a dayum, got on the bus, & waited with the office mgr of my complex 30 minutes until big bro got off the bus, then headed for our place.
Friday. I was in the office w. his advocate, his behavior councelor, & a ton of documentation for two meetings of the mind.
It has been a HELLA week @ Casa JuJu.

Today, I came here to chill out & breathe...
to find pettiness on the Paren-tales thread of all places.
I'm sorry it felt like this was the place to do it. I don't want to ever see anyone judged in anyway on this thread again. There is not a ONE of us that doesn't have a demon they battle @ some point. MEH.
I'm so disappointed.
 brawnydog
Msg: 94
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:01:08 PM
I want the email addie for that school.
I'll straighten out those tools.
Might not hurt to toss in the phone number.
And the name of the principal.

JuJuBee
Msg: 96
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:30:07 PM
Hey Rosie! Love you! Pain is pain no matter how it's colored, isn't it?

Hey B-taken care of. I went to the head office yest. She had ten pages written by the time I left w/allllll the test results, documentation, this, that, the other, & the time before that....everyone there was well prepared.

And are supposed to figure out a way to start emergency intervention with him possibly by Monday...this draging along game playing doesn't work for me. I snapped Thur. pm, when they lost him...

No more nice Juju.

*EDIT*
Hey VK-amazing, isn't it, that we can take care of our kids & that ignorance rules supreme in some places? It is tempting to do just that-hand over the email, but I'm willing to give them one chance & one only. I spoke to one of "my" attorneys that I work with-he offered to write a letter to them explaining in language they could understand exactly what ramifications were all about.
 yabbdabbadoo
Msg: 97
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:59:43 AM
I think I'm in trouble
better make that a double
wearing their ages on their feet

one's got the teen age 'tude
and can really get in a mood
a five foot eight 10 year old dude

the litte man is just eight
with an april fool birth date
and a temper that ain't that great
 shamrockguy
Msg: 99
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:07:23 AM
Hey JJB
I remember a conversation I had with a school official about one of my nephews about twenty years ago. They were convinced (by the way he drank from a water fountain, and caught a ball) That he was mildly retarded, would have to be in special needs. I laughed at them and they said I was in denial. (that was back when everyone who disagreed with you was in denial).
Well, he is now an engineer, a military officer, and, won thirty seven thousand dollars in the world series of poker a couple of years ago. Not bad for someone so"challenged"
Huh.
You hang in there and stick to your guns. Sounds like your son's biggest challenge is his school environment
 grizzerman
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:21:49 AM
Darling JJB...............................things seem hardest while we are in the middle of them.....................................but once to the other side we look back and find we've learn alot.......................love what rosie said.....................you are truely a good momma....................sounds like you have some power with the federal laws and i'd start bringing that up to that school.......................if i can be of any help......plzzzzzzzzzzz let me know darlin....................
 JuJuBee
Msg: 101
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:40:21 AM
Yabba...aren't they just as adorable when they eat us out of house & home & that tween thing...God have merci, the hormonal embalance! EEEK....I've heard that people survive this?!

(stand your ground jjb....demand what the attorney counsels..your son deserves it....oh, if ANYONE witholds lunch as punishment, illegal....s/he needs to be written up for that infraction...keep on 'em and best of luck there...rose)

Darlin' Rose, I fully intend to see that it is on her file, along with her stating that it wasn't my sitter's son anyway, what does it matter?! The administrative official I spoke to in the last meeting was very uncomfotable with the last few days activities. I mentioned knowing that he had rights with a multiple diagnosis (adhd/odd/aspbergers) and with E's advocate on the speaker phone, his behavior councelor stating that his teacher told her she wasn't pulling cards &she'd send him straight to the office, for she & the other behavior councelor to quit coddeling him, and all of my documentation...there better be some shucking & jiving.

ditto that Juju!!! Give em hell...glad you have that advocate now...
Me too, Drea...think it's time, don't you? Loved knowing your sister worked w/ a downs child-they are such beautiful souls.

You hang in there and stick to your guns. Sounds like your son's biggest challenge is his school environment
Thanks, Sham. It's beautiful to see what all of us are capable of when judgement is lifted.

Grizz You are. Like a storm in the desert.
 grizzerman
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:49:51 AM
annies song darlin
 yabbdabbadoo
Msg: 103
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:57:58 AM
trials and tribulations
and deep seated frustrations
sometimes I just hope we
survive each other
and mabe...
one day the sibling rivalry will stop
and they will love like the brothers
that they are!!

((Have a great day today))

JuJuBee
Msg: 104
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:44:02 PM
Moma, sing Amazing Grace for me, curling up so small in his bed. If I tell her I'm frustrated too, just like her, moma, and ask her to help me work thought it, do you think she will, moma? Why'd you stop singing, moma? It's okay, Moma. I know you'll take care of me. Don't forget to make my lunch please, so I will get to eat like everyone else, okay mom? And will you sleep with me tonight, please, Moma? Moma, please sing you fill up my senses when my eyes close? I love you, Moma.

Oh. dear. God. He's so precious, my tiny little angel, curled up asleep, waiting in his heart for me to rescue him...so much faith in me.

God. Give me strength to do it all the right way.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 105
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:02:50 AM
Hey my friends, short note to you...
Thank you for championing with me for his cause. I appreciate each & every note & story written. Ya'll are wonderful for my heart.
JJB

Heyyyyyy Moma! I'm ready to rock! I'm going to school & telling my teacher I am ready to learn & I'm going to tell her that I can't learn without her. Maybe I can even help her help me, huh? Kiss me, mom, gotta run! Love you!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 106
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:37:35 AM
Meeting @ 8am tomorrow morning. Thank you, God above.

Weather change has us all sniffling around. Trev sneezed this morning, Elijah went running, brought him tissue & rubbed his back, saying did you sneeze your brains out, Trev? Are you okay?
 *mandrake*
Msg: 107
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:48:52 AM
Morning JJB

Last night my daughter had some friends over, so they wanted to eat.
I told them I have retired from cooking...so they decided to make "spaghetti?"
Dang!...I should have kept my mouth shut!

Whatever it was that came out of that pot...did NOT resemble any spaghetti I knew!
But hey!....they ate all of it anyway!

Of course, I made myself a salad!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 108
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:35:03 PM
Grizz...Annie's Song...now how'd you know that? :)

Hey Yabs-can't fathom tween years...running for cover!

Darlin' M...Elijah makes some mean ramen noodles, but he cooks them in blocks so they stay in a shape. :)

While @ dr. w/ Trev today ( same exact position from a week ago-switched), phone rang, was the admin office calling to let me know that they HIRED AN AIDE for E!!!!
YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Seems they realized the teacher & Eman were overwhelmed w/ the whole process.

We have our first team meeting @ 8am. His councelor told me today that his teacher proved she was real today, asking her about his handwriting...left handed little people have a hard time writing? I'd forgotten that until those words were uttered. I do everything right-handed by write.

I think it may be okay yet.

JuJuBee
Msg: 109
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:55:21 PM
Early am meeting almost felt like a bridging of the gap...fifteen people deep, i.d.e.a. person, sprint team member, principal over all 14 area principals, all the grownups & me... get the picture? Some things were accomplished, some things were overlooked. We'll meet every two weeks until the end of the semester, more if needed.

I'm drained. I'm going to find a safe place where I can cry after they are tucked in & asleep.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 110
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/11/2008 7:09:10 PM
Congrats sweety!!

sounds like a start in the "RIGHT" direction this time.
Have a good cry and let out some stress.

then get yourself some ice cream! you deserve it!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 111
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:51:35 AM
He got to be The Razzle Dazzle Kid yesterday-wore a crown & the whole nine yards! When I got home, he had on the crown & was walking tall.I said Elijah! How awesome are you?!!! He said that's KING Elijah to you, mom....with a huge smile on his face. He loves the new add-calls her Ms. Dub...

Trev is playing trumphet in the school band & has decided if he can't go to college on a baseball scholarship, he'll go on a band scholarship. He's got his sights set on UA, Fayettevile, home of the Razorbacks...
We saw several Razorback band members @ the zoo Sat., then on the pay per view game Sat. night having a blast-he's hooked!
 JuJuBee
Msg: 112
Paren-Tales of a Jujubee
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:03:52 AM
Now...there are certain things that each of us needs in life...a smile here & there, friends, knowing that we are respected, no matter how young or small, and knowing that when you ask something of someone, that that someone in particular will back away & give you space. So through all the pure unadultrated crap E has been going through, his aide tells me he has a problem with a bully terrorizing him.

Elijah will outright tell you to please back away & he'll do it with kindness. Please give me my room & although it's a wide berth he asks for, most of the time, people respect that. No such luck for my babyboy. He doesn't do well with injustice of any kind directed @ man or beast.

He isn't riding the bus this year b/c "Trevor, my hero & protector" isn't going to the same school anymore. He is in constant stress on the playground, going through the halls, you name it. His aide & I have discussed it & asked her to see if there is something...some mitagating factor that can tie them together w/ a common bond. She's looking into it.

Meanwhile...my 6 year old son stays near an adult @ all times until more can be said & done.

I despise injustice. Did I mention with a passion?
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Paren-Tales of a Jujubee