Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New York  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rdcnorm
Msg: 38
Profile pictures with CHILDREN!!!!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Does the MOTHER know that you posted your child's picture at a dating site?
Nice job of skirting the issue and trying to justify your reasoning though...

I didn't realize that question was directed toward me..
To answer it,, My wife, my sons mother passed away when my son was 1 yr old. i assure you, if that wasn't the case we wouldn't be here,,

As for taking your kid out with you on a date... Good luck with that...

Thanks,, just happens I'm taking a woman to this event, with my son..
 daysleeper5
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Profile pictures with CHILDREN!!!!
Posted: 4/3/2011 9:50:27 AM
You can't believe how many profiles of women that I've seen lately featuring photographs of them with their (or someone else's) children. I agree with the original poster of this discussion. It is inappropriate and irresponsible to post a child's face on an adult dating site. You don't know who is looking at your profile at any time (there's an invisible feature, remember?) and these pictures can very easily be copied and saved into someone's hard drive. In the wrong hands these pictures get traded among perverts around the world. Not to mention, it is an incredible invasion of the child's privacy. The picture that I have on my profile was actually taken with my nephew under my arm, but of course I cut him out of the shot when I posted it here. There's nothing wrong with showing potential dates that you are family-oriented, but you can share photos of your children through e-mail once you've established trust with the other person.
 hemingwaycaddis
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/10/2012 1:21:20 PM
I would never post a picture of my son here; if you don’t like kids or have issues with him, we won’t be dating, but you do not need to see a picture of him to know this. If seeing a picture of him changes your mind about how you feel regarding him, we WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE DATING!!!

Having said that, I do not mind seeing a nice family picture, but I really do think multiple pictures of kids or pictures with only the kids are creepy. I have viewed profiles with one fuzzy out of focus picture of the lady and then tons of her kids (or pets!). Same as with kids, if there are pictures of pets, I’d prefer them to be You & the pet, not just pictures of a cat sleeping on the couch. I really don’t want to find a dog to walk or a kid to babysit, although I enjoy both & wouldn’t mind doing either, I simply don’t care what the kid or dog looks like. (well, not entirely true, I might hesitate to walk a Chihuahua that has ribbons or clothing…)

HC
 rdcnorm
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/10/2012 1:52:55 PM
WOW!!! this topic has been closed for yrs,, Hey,, my son is part of me,, it's that simple,,
Show ALL Forums  > New York  >