Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 64
The slut factorPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I dont' agree at all; their is beauty, sexy, and slutty. Slutty isn't sexy to me. Its just slutty. Good girls are sometimes the best lovers of all; they are sexy in bed and when making love, but they are good girls; very, very sexy.
 jupiejupe
Msg: 65
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 5/28/2008 3:07:06 PM

Sexy is when your woman gets all slutty just for you.

best ever defining of the ever so tricky words
 denverkinkster
Msg: 66
The slut factor
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:51:01 PM
Actually I have two comments:

Re: Meg Ryan - yes she is beautiful, but I happen to have seen a picture of her in a latex top and oh, my...is she ever sexy!

Re: Sluts. I LOVE sluts. I truly do and love their outlook on life and the way they can be who they are without being constrained by someone else's definition of morality or acceptability. I happily and openly associate with sluts and not only worship them, but encourage them to be themselves. Life is short - indulge who you really want to be and if that's what others call a slut, I say "celebrate your inner slut"! I know I do!
 sunrisesam
Msg: 70
The slut factor
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:39:50 PM

Perhaps a better question is: Are men turned on by women whom they have deemed in their minds to be extremely pure?

I prefer being with a girl next door type let loose and ACT slutty - that is way hotter than a woman who has that demeanor to begin with. No surprises.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 71
The slut factor
Posted: 10/3/2014 7:59:21 AM

I prefer being with a girl next door type let loose and ACT slutty - that is way hotter than a woman who has that demeanor to begin with. No surprises.

I agree with this statement.

I had a crush on Meg Ryan. Also Sandra Bullock. The Pam Andersons of the world kind of disgust me. I don't find them attractive. They are way too over the top.

Now, Angelina Jollie is sexy, but because she is also exotic there's some fascination about her.

It's like George's last girlfriend Stacey Keibler and who she married. I still would prefer who he married and find Amal really hot.
 gtomustang
Msg: 72
The slut factor
Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:18 AM
Who was it that doffed their sweatshirt in Paul Newman's movie, "Nobody's Fool"? Was it MR or Melanie Griffith? That fun scene ("what's wrong, Grandpa?") was fun b/c it was flirty and unexpected, and a challenge. Its like letting the dog actually catch the car its chasing--whatcha gonna do now?

some hot women have not much else to offer but sex appeal, so that's what they push. Many of the characters played by Scarlett Johansen, for example. If it wasn't for her looks, her characters would be just...another woman. same level of personality, same level of brains, and about as much self-focus. In real life, these women tend to realize they don't stand out unless they push the sex. so, they travel on their vamp. They "work it", as the saying goes. "Shake your money maker" isn't referring to their brains.

Other characters, the ones you'd bring on a date and bring home to momma? Those are the ones who offer something unique outside the bedroom. No one looks at their energy and postive attitude and think, "well, he must be dating her for the sex, b/c I can't see any other thing attractive on her."

someone mentioned Angela Jolie. I think her schtick is, her character seems to come at you with the unspoken question, "think you can handle this?" It always seems like a challenge to you, to step up, to keep up, to win her over. Meg Ryan comes at you as if there is no contest, she's nice, she'll accept you right off the bat. And Pam Anderson comes off as, "Well, everyone saw the video. We all know why you're talking to me."
 petula1908
Msg: 73
The slut factor
Posted: 10/5/2014 6:01:09 PM
I am a woman but even I can see that Meg Ryan is not sexy. She is girl next door type. beautiful?? Not to me. Men all like different types in reality but a sexy woman is more attractive than one with just beauty of face and figure and no come hither. Same with a guy.
 basilisk123
Msg: 74
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 10/5/2014 7:53:26 PM
^^^
You obviously haven't seen her lately.
That botched face lift she had messed her up.
 Hearton64
Msg: 75
The slut factor
Posted: 10/22/2014 12:52:12 PM
The type you'd marry, take home to meet your grandmother
but not the type who might be the subject of a sexual fantasy.

That's called having a Madonna/Whore Complex and it has 100% more
to do with a dysfunctional man's view of women and their ability to compartmentalize
than the woman he's doing it to.

Women can be both sexual and relationship material in a psychologically healthy man's mind.

A Madonna/Whore complex is the inability to maintain sexual arousal within a committed, loving relationship. First identified by Sigmund Freud, under the rubric of psychic impotence, this psychological complex is said to develop in men who see women as either saintly Madonnas or debased prostitutes. Men with this complex desire a sexual partner who has been degraded (the whore) while they cannot desire the respected partner (the Madonna).

Freud wrote: "Where such men love they have no desire and where they desire they cannot love."

Clinical psychologist Uwe Hartmann, writing in 2009, stated that the complex "is still highly prevalent in today's patients."

Just sayin'
 basilisk123
Msg: 76
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 10/22/2014 3:30:41 PM
II want a woman who is as kinky and perverted as me in the bedroom, but a regular miss poppins in public. Not because I think it's proper or anything, but because the shifting between the two sides is a huge turn on.
 BrianfromBurgh
Msg: 78
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:41:33 PM
I worked with a woman, just friends, and she was known as being quite "easy"!! we got along great, she would even share her tales of adventure.

one night she came in the bar, gave me a kiss, stayed for a drink. she told me where she had been and what she had been doing, and I realized I had just kissed those BJ lips, and WHAT A THRILL knowing I was tasting him in her kiss.

I would never call her a slut, but a woman who knows what she wants, takes it, is physical, not shy, adventurous, enjoys being made love to - count me in - even if I have to share!
 SD2131
Msg: 79
The slut factor
Posted: 10/23/2014 8:31:45 AM
I love a woman whos a slut in bed,but a woman in public. I think thats a major turn on over a dead cold fish, who shows no emotion....
 Hearton64
Msg: 80
The slut factor
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:09:34 AM

I love a woman whos a slut in bed,but a woman in public.
I think thats a major turn on over a dead cold fish, who shows no emotion....

I know it's just semantics, but isn't there any
Way we can eradicate the word "slut" when
It comes to a woman who is sexually interested,experienced,
Involved,in touch with her desires and libido.
She is also sexually assertive and willingly
Enjoys sex?

"Slut" is such a childish,unevolved term
That has a shameful connotation associated
With it not to mention it's so "high school"!

And the saying is " I want a woman who's
A freak between the sheets and a lady in the street."
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
The slut factor
Posted: 10/27/2014 9:09:48 AM
Its nice to have a partner who's passionate in the bedroom...because you can imagine YOU are the reason for it. Some females even prefer a male who isn't a gentleman in the boudoir for that reason.

A partner who is like that with everyone, however, makes one question one's ability to incite passion, when everyone else seems to do so in their partner as well.

Some people only offer sex appeal, but they do a good job at being one-dimensional.

some partners are desired by many...and that's the thrill of being the one able to attract THEIR eye.

actresses who know the difference, and can portray that...can make some good money while they still have their youthful looks. Hopefully they are smart enough to have a good financial advisor when that young...but some can still cash in on their earlier sexiness once they get older. Jenny Agutter made little boys hearts (among other organs) flutter with the movie, "Walkabout". It was long before the Internet existed, yet there are still adult males who think wistfully about her impact on them, and perhaps it got her a bit part in "The Avengers" even tho her face is in shadow. I'll admit, I went back looking thru the movie for her, curiosity has that effect :)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 82
The slut factor
Posted: 10/27/2014 10:01:48 AM

Some females even prefer a male who isn't a gentleman in the boudoir for that reason.

I can vouch for that. I like to be treated with the utmost respect outside of the bedroom, and have the freedom to do whatever I want in the bedroom and not be judged nor denied anything. The only issue with such is that some men cannot make a clear separation of what stays in the bedroom and what's appropriate for public settings. Nothing annoys me more than men trying to get adventurous in public, get your mind out of the gutter while in public.
 cooldog65
Msg: 83
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/3/2014 4:53:59 PM

I don't associate sexy with slutty. A slut is a promiscuous woman.

I'm with sigungq on this one. I like a sexual woman, as long as she isn't being that way with every other guy around.
 gtomustang
Msg: 84
The slut factor
Posted: 11/4/2014 8:25:55 AM
"The only issue with such is that some men cannot make a clear separation of what stays in the bedroom and what's appropriate for public settings. Nothing annoys me more than men trying to get adventurous in public, get your mind out of the gutter while in public."

It truly is a thin line to walk. I remember an Internet meet'n'greet over a decade ago, a bunch of people meeting in the city of Northampton Mass. A lass I was interested in decided to go for a walk on her own to escape the lecture of a windbag. I went onlong, thinking the city dangerous (its more like Berkeley 1969), and we ended up on a quiet path near Spaghetti Freddy's, making out under a streetlamp glow on a bench.

i'm usually not a fan of PDA, but sometimes a little bit snuck out is hot. but watching a couple walk around with a hand in each others' back pocket, stealing a feel for an hour...yeah, I know, once aroused, wants a conclusion, but geez, tie a knot in the damn thing...
 staffmom
Msg: 87
The slut factor
Posted: 11/4/2014 7:30:38 PM
Like Hardon mentioned, I despise that "s" word. If a man would ever use that term with me, it would be his last conversation with me.
My opinion is that the bedroom that consenting adults share is likewhat happens there, stays there.
A man who cannot respect me outside the bedroom doesn't get to enjoy me In the bedroom
 Dee4166
Msg: 89
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 4:15:55 AM
I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....

As "evolved" as we all like to think we are, the language used is a big indicator otherwise...

As someone else mentioned...Respect is something I want and give,no matter where we are...

As for women spreading disease...

Well she caught it from someone, and it's more of a challenge for women to even know when they are infected....
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/STDs-Women-042011.pdf

You don't have to be promiscuous to catch an STD these days....
 cooldog65
Msg: 90
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:45:08 AM
I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....

Man whore, player/playa, dog are just a few. There's probably many more.
 gtomustang
Msg: 91
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 8:06:32 AM
"I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....As "evolved" as we all like to think we are, the language used is a big indicator otherwise..."

>>>so true. appropo of nothing, it reminded me of a class back at university where the professor asked us for nicknames for men masturbating (there were a few,natch) and then for women (after "making soup" and one other one I can't remember right now...the well was dry). Maybe the room was full of students too shy to say there was more, or perhaps it suggests general society doesn't want to think of women as having a need to release, but its OK for men to be bursting with it.

As for society's need to persecute a promiscuous woman, I'll guess it goes back to feudal times when descendancy was important--a ba$tard on the throne might result in God being displeased and years of poor crops in their eyes. The terms for a man playing around, seem to be recent creations...except maybe the term, "rake", but who uses that one anymore? I think that one came around the Great Depression, where a ne'er-do-well man making babies without the money to raise them, was likely something to speak poorly about.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 92
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 8:37:28 AM

As for society's need to persecute a promiscuous woman, I'll guess it goes back to feudal times when descendancy was important--a ba$tard on the throne might result in God being displeased and years of poor crops in their eyes.

I was reading some report about promiscuity and the slut factor. In some research the promiscuity of women is looked down in societies where there's a large disparity between the have's and have nots. In these societies, where the moral code is very tight to religion, women's behavior and sense of sexual freedom is looked upon as bad. While in societies like the US, Canada, in other words, first world countries, women's sense of sexual freedom are more relaxed and women have a bigger sense of control over these issues.

As much as we hate the word slut and we see the double standard, it's not something that is going to go away that easily, not even in first world societies. The ones that "JUDGE" are not just men, but other women, and women are more critical about this than even men are.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 95
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 11:09:50 AM

Preach your morality all you want but I have my sexual fantasies and will continue to express them to my partner.

So let me get this straight. In your sexual exchange, you like to call your partner a slut? Correct? Hey, if it's between two consenting adults and you both get off, and it's part of your thing. Go for it.

I personally love to talk to my partner, but I do not like using any type of derogatory or put down type of language. That is just my thing.

Also, realize that the original message was about not calling a person a slut but about the slut factor of people like Meg Ryan compared to others.
 calguy14
Msg: 97
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 12:02:58 PM
^^^^
Trekker...Jian Ghomeshi viewed his activities as healthy consenting sex,and it now appears he is a sicko that enjoys hurting women,physically and emotionally.I would tell you to get help but I've considered your posts to be all bs for quite some time.I think you pay for it....
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 98
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 12:28:12 PM

I view consenting sexual play between adults as anything but derogatory.

You are ganging together different things and making judgments.

What you do with your partner is your business. You can use whatever language YOU like. I use whatever language I like. If I chose a particular set of words over the other, again that is choice, not to then be ganged up with the prudes or whatever you are calling those that do not approach sex as you do.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >