Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 84
The slut factorPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"The only issue with such is that some men cannot make a clear separation of what stays in the bedroom and what's appropriate for public settings. Nothing annoys me more than men trying to get adventurous in public, get your mind out of the gutter while in public."

It truly is a thin line to walk. I remember an Internet meet'n'greet over a decade ago, a bunch of people meeting in the city of Northampton Mass. A lass I was interested in decided to go for a walk on her own to escape the lecture of a windbag. I went onlong, thinking the city dangerous (its more like Berkeley 1969), and we ended up on a quiet path near Spaghetti Freddy's, making out under a streetlamp glow on a bench.

i'm usually not a fan of PDA, but sometimes a little bit snuck out is hot. but watching a couple walk around with a hand in each others' back pocket, stealing a feel for an hour...yeah, I know, once aroused, wants a conclusion, but geez, tie a knot in the damn thing...
 staffmom
Msg: 87
The slut factor
Posted: 11/4/2014 7:30:38 PM
Like Hardon mentioned, I despise that "s" word. If a man would ever use that term with me, it would be his last conversation with me.
My opinion is that the bedroom that consenting adults share is likewhat happens there, stays there.
A man who cannot respect me outside the bedroom doesn't get to enjoy me In the bedroom
 Dee4166
Msg: 89
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 4:15:55 AM
I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....

As "evolved" as we all like to think we are, the language used is a big indicator otherwise...

As someone else mentioned...Respect is something I want and give,no matter where we are...

As for women spreading disease...

Well she caught it from someone, and it's more of a challenge for women to even know when they are infected....
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/STDs-Women-042011.pdf

You don't have to be promiscuous to catch an STD these days....
 cooldog65
Msg: 90
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:45:08 AM
I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....

Man whore, player/playa, dog are just a few. There's probably many more.
 gtomustang
Msg: 91
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 8:06:32 AM
"I personally find it interesting that there are MANY words for a woman who is promiscuous but few if any for a man....As "evolved" as we all like to think we are, the language used is a big indicator otherwise..."

>>>so true. appropo of nothing, it reminded me of a class back at university where the professor asked us for nicknames for men masturbating (there were a few,natch) and then for women (after "making soup" and one other one I can't remember right now...the well was dry). Maybe the room was full of students too shy to say there was more, or perhaps it suggests general society doesn't want to think of women as having a need to release, but its OK for men to be bursting with it.

As for society's need to persecute a promiscuous woman, I'll guess it goes back to feudal times when descendancy was important--a ba$tard on the throne might result in God being displeased and years of poor crops in their eyes. The terms for a man playing around, seem to be recent creations...except maybe the term, "rake", but who uses that one anymore? I think that one came around the Great Depression, where a ne'er-do-well man making babies without the money to raise them, was likely something to speak poorly about.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 92
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 8:37:28 AM

As for society's need to persecute a promiscuous woman, I'll guess it goes back to feudal times when descendancy was important--a ba$tard on the throne might result in God being displeased and years of poor crops in their eyes.

I was reading some report about promiscuity and the slut factor. In some research the promiscuity of women is looked down in societies where there's a large disparity between the have's and have nots. In these societies, where the moral code is very tight to religion, women's behavior and sense of sexual freedom is looked upon as bad. While in societies like the US, Canada, in other words, first world countries, women's sense of sexual freedom are more relaxed and women have a bigger sense of control over these issues.

As much as we hate the word slut and we see the double standard, it's not something that is going to go away that easily, not even in first world societies. The ones that "JUDGE" are not just men, but other women, and women are more critical about this than even men are.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 95
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 11:09:50 AM

Preach your morality all you want but I have my sexual fantasies and will continue to express them to my partner.

So let me get this straight. In your sexual exchange, you like to call your partner a slut? Correct? Hey, if it's between two consenting adults and you both get off, and it's part of your thing. Go for it.

I personally love to talk to my partner, but I do not like using any type of derogatory or put down type of language. That is just my thing.

Also, realize that the original message was about not calling a person a slut but about the slut factor of people like Meg Ryan compared to others.
 calguy14
Msg: 97
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 12:02:58 PM
^^^^
Trekker...Jian Ghomeshi viewed his activities as healthy consenting sex,and it now appears he is a sicko that enjoys hurting women,physically and emotionally.I would tell you to get help but I've considered your posts to be all bs for quite some time.I think you pay for it....
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 98
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 12:28:12 PM

I view consenting sexual play between adults as anything but derogatory.

You are ganging together different things and making judgments.

What you do with your partner is your business. You can use whatever language YOU like. I use whatever language I like. If I chose a particular set of words over the other, again that is choice, not to then be ganged up with the prudes or whatever you are calling those that do not approach sex as you do.
 calguy14
Msg: 100
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 4:19:31 PM
^^^
For an increasing number of women its getting to be water off a ducks back.I see it more as a description of a woman actively trying to hurt somebody these days.
 petula1908
Msg: 101
The slut factor
Posted: 11/7/2014 9:01:40 PM
Meg Ryan marches rather than walks and is kind of tomboyish and girl next doorish, with not much boobage or full lips and I can see her being a friend of a guy but not the lover necessarily. However sex appeal is in the eye of the beholder and opinions differ. There is the obvious kind like Marilyn Monroe but then it can be subtle also.
 Dee4166
Msg: 102
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/8/2014 3:01:49 AM
My niece posted this on FB yesterday...
I thought it was interesting that the next generation has picked up this particular ball and is running with it....And I'm glad o see it...
http://9gag.tv/p/aK1B8y/this-girl-shows-you-why-do-i-look-like-a-slut-is-a-silly-question-to-ask?ref=jfs
 petula1908
Msg: 103
The slut factor
Posted: 11/8/2014 5:12:54 AM
THe true and original meaning of the word "slut" meant dirty and lazy. Men are allowed to be promiscuous and are labelled studs or players but a woman, she is a whore or a slut.
Men take women at face value way too often. What you see is often not what you get, with any particular image or persona. A woman who shows her breasts is seen as easy whilst a girl who covers up, is not....... Not necessarily so.....
 mike11091
Msg: 104
The slut factor
Posted: 11/8/2014 6:14:20 AM
Two words I don't use when referencing women: an "s" word (in the title of this thread) and a certain special "C" word.

As to why is generally perceived as bad for women to sleep around a lot...

A key that opens any lock is a Master Key.
A lock that opens with any key, is worthless.

BUT, I personally don't care what a woman does with herself sexually. The same as I don't care what dudes do. You want to sleep around, that's fine...just remember that the chances of catching an STD increase with the number of sexual partners.
 mike11091
Msg: 105
The slut factor
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:57:53 AM

I can see why meg Ryan might not appeal as a sexy fantasy:)
She is cute sometime women can be cute and sexy but I guess with meg she is just cute/cute:)

I used to fantasize about her all the time.

Then she got that botched face-job thing and now I don't.
 mike11091
Msg: 107
The slut factor
Posted: 11/9/2014 8:18:43 PM

Fantasize about her? She would be a worse nightmare for me (based on her public image, roles). She is cute but so are hamsters. Hamsters aren't as yakky and irritating.

What can I say? Her and Elisabeth Shue.

I don't find attraction in the same type of women that most men do.
Sofia Vergara, for example...not attractive.

Julie Bowen, however...

^haha...all blondes...
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 108
The slut factor
Posted: 11/10/2014 7:08:26 AM

Then she got that botched face-job thing and now I don't.

Not everyone has Pam Anderson as their fantasy. I fantasized about Meg Ryan as well. Some times the simple white panties with pink hearts is all we guys want.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 109
The slut factor
Posted: 11/11/2014 9:38:47 AM

Then she got that botched face-job thing and now I don't

Sad. to go thru all that pain & spend the $ & just come out looking....rodent-like.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 110
The slut factor
Posted: 11/11/2014 7:00:22 PM

I don't like it when they deny surgery that has changed every feature then say it's down to lifestyle
Or they attribute it to a disciplined lifestyle & diet.
What are they eating, ugly fruit? LMFAO
 mike11091
Msg: 111
The slut factor
Posted: 11/12/2014 7:48:45 AM

Sad. to go thru all that pain & spend the $ & just come out looking....rodent-like

The sad part is that she looked FINE. Now she doesn't. Makes me wonder if the surgery was botched or done intentionally.

-_-
 ohenryx
Msg: 112
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/12/2014 12:57:58 PM

I don't like it when they deny surgery that has changed every feature then say it's down to lifestyle

Or they attribute it to a disciplined lifestyle & diet.
What are they eating, ugly fruit? LMFAO

When I was young, back in the last millennium, there was a saying,

"Fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down."
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 113
The slut factor
Posted: 11/13/2014 6:51:47 PM

Yes I thought that actress from Bridget jones looked very good looking till she ruined her face
It looks nothing like her

To be fair, it's been about 13 years since Renée Zellweger made that movie. At age 45, she could have done a lot worse. She could have ended up with a gummy smile and no lips, and packed on sixty pounds, instead.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 114
view profile
History
The slut factor
Posted: 11/13/2014 9:26:04 PM
To my eye it looks like RZ wanted a more mature looking image. While her original face was cute and, frankly, unique, it wasn't a mature face. At 45 her face now better reflects her age.
We can't be young forever.

I do not find her current visage unpleasant at all. Neither was her original face - she's just different.

TK
 petula1908
Msg: 116
The slut factor
Posted: 11/14/2014 1:56:33 PM
I can totally understand Elizabeth Shue, she would turn me on if I were male. What is she doing these days by the way?? Sofia Verara would be fine with a mouth gag. Enough said.
 mike11091
Msg: 117
The slut factor
Posted: 11/14/2014 2:23:53 PM
Elizabeth Shue? I think she's on CSI...but I don't watch it enough to know if she's still on or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >