Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do men hate it when women they like have kids?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonRider
Msg: 85
view profile
History
DO MEN HATE IT WHEN WOMEN THEY LIKE HAVE KIDS???Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Hey Tay... I thought I started out fairly reasonable... but he ticked me off... badly...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 86
view profile
History
DO MEN HATE IT WHEN WOMEN THEY LIKE HAVE KIDS???
Posted: 12/14/2004 6:55:38 PM
NeStorm... You should at least apologize to the lady...

CHelle, I am sure this hypocrite will not, I will apologize for him, the sad thing about public forums i s that you cannot keep the morons out...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 7:11:34 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish...

You DID say they planned to get married... so is this truly an affair?

To my fellow forum members, my apologies for the tenor of my post, I am usually more composed and circumspect...

Sincerely
~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 7:29:14 PM
In your very first posting, you said that she was divorced and a US citizen....

at least keep the story straight...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 7:32:14 PM
Even his metre and scantion are off...

Oh well... No loss there..

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 8:03:27 PM
Soooooooooooorry... I misspelled a word, it happens when one is doing 3 or 4 things at a time...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 8:04:08 PM
I thought you were going to depart us sinners, heathens and fallen women?

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 9:12:15 PM
AS I am sure you can tell Chelle, very little he had to say amused me...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2004 9:53:45 PM
No need to worry CHelle, the last pass was only cause he insulted me personally... idiots like that just get under my skin... badly...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 3:33:40 PM
Um... NeStrom... might I point out, that for a man of honour and religious conviction, you sure are judgemental, rude, crass, and given the tenor of your last few posts, I must concur with your brother, you are indeed childish and immature, I would say somewhere around the age of about 3... save that would give 3 years olds a bad name....

I could wish that I had your brother's address, I would be happy to send him a christmas card along with ALL the comments associatted with your post.

I would be tempted to send a copy to your Mother too, she should have washed you mouth out with more soap as a child, along with your brain too it seems... However, I would not send such offensive crap to a lady...

You should be ashamed of yourself...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 3:56:17 PM
lsmith - Very cute... love it... Pretty Please... fresh steamed lobster, hot butter... strawberries and cherries and whip cream??????

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 4:49:22 PM
Um, I am thinking that you are too high by 10...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 4:50:01 PM
Thank you xTerryX... I did try to start out calmly.. I really did...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 5:18:29 PM
TicketToRide....

I believe you have this... um Things ticket out of here? Please...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 5:20:03 PM
NeStorm - If you are not here to date, and not here to participate socialbly.. then do the simple thing... Just leave...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 5:35:16 PM
Thank you Ticket... it is appreciated...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 DragonRider
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2004 6:42:22 PM
HooooooooooKay... now that sanity and decorum.... back to the original post...

I have not, nor will I ever shy from a lady with children. chances are that such women are mature, stable, responsible and reasonable. In some ways it can be easier dating a woman with children, in that there is usually no problem figuring out something to do. I like kids, they can be great sources of fun and entertainment... headaches too, but they have their rewards.

The only real issue with dating a woman with children is... getting attached... If you are the kind that likes kids, and gets along with them, you run the risk of forming bonds with the kids, then if something happens to the relationship... what do you do? It is worse than getting a divorce, for you have no rights at all...

To the guys out there interested in women with kids, her kids come first, if you are going to date her, and want a long term relationship with her, guess what... you are going to have to share, AND... if you are serious... those kids are going to be YOUR first priority too, just like any other family... Do not shy from meeting them, they are going to be there, even if you aren't... it will test your maturity.

Okay... no more pearls of wisdom from me... just some observations...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 ramcharger
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2004 4:01:10 AM
If they didnt want to be involved with you because of the kids, it was no loss.
Its a package deal eventually and unconditional love has to be there for them too.
 road_cyclist
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/19/2004 7:40:10 PM
I wouldn't want to date a woman with kids because I am having enough problem raising my own, and I don't think I have any business giving someone else's kids the time and attention that my kids need.
 DragonRider
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Re: DO MEN HATE IT WHEN WOMEN THEY LIKE HAVE KIDS???
Posted: 12/21/2004 9:16:11 PM
Me, I like kids... they are fun
 DragonRider
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2004 5:04:43 PM
I knew a gal, she had children, she had managed to capture my heart, her kids too. After a long relationship that was.... odd to say the least, but wonderful and fulfilling, we split. I am torn though, as I don't know who I miss more, her or the kids... It may take just shy of forever to purge them from my heart...

~~Dragon Rider~~
As the Dragon Spake, Magic Happens
Merry Christmas
 princess864
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/28/2005 5:05:05 PM
I have a daughter. Men hit on me well I was pregnant and noe guys that come up to me my daughter is the first thing I mentoin to them. I would never be with a guy who saw her as baggage. Luckily I havent met anyone like that. So far Ive dated 4guys since I had my daughter and they all trated her well. One thing guys do tend to think is that if a girl has kids she wants to settle down right away. Its hard for me to get across to a guy that i just want to date and have fun, My daughter is still my life always will be
 robstercraws67
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 7:57:17 PM
No, not at all. I'm at the age where it is pretty unrealistic for me to try and find a woman with no kids. I enjoy kids and would like nothing better than to be with a wonderful woman and hopefully become friends with her children.
 louie5
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/17/2005 7:44:38 PM
I think one problem is many of us are afraid of getting close to a woman with children because we are afraid of getting close to the children.Should things not work out you lose one person the man loses three!So instead of thinking of us as heels remember we do have a sensetive if well guarded side!
 DragonRider
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2005 11:41:27 AM
@Tangeropu -

I think that I can sum up the answer to most of those questions for you in a fairly straightforward manner. The problem that most SMs have is this - For example, lets say that you meet a young lady somewhere, church, park, museum, anywhere. You chat for a while, perhaps share a cup of coffee or a coke. You exchange laughs, looks and phone numbers. Perhaps she gives you a work phone or something. In any case, while the meet is casual, you find that you can't get her off your mind, she was sweet, charming, witty and pretty. So you call her up, chat, perhaps meet for lunch. In the course of a few conversations, you find that this completely captivating young lady has a small child, perhaps two. Now what do you do? - Ah a truly pretty pickle, you have found a lady that meets your every criteria, what do you do? Do you take a chance, give her a chance to see what will happen?

Sadly, far too many simply bolt... and most of those that do are quite rude about it. If you have followed this thread or the other of similar vein you have seen just how rude they truly can be. What could have been the lady of your dreams is now excluded because she has a child. And I think (this is merely my opinion) that most single moms feel this is an insult to thier kids....

Does your desire to not date a lady with children make you a bad guy? No, but how you handle yourself, and the respect you show for her and her children while telling no will determine how she feels about you. I think you would do yourself a disservice by discounting them... but that is merely my opinion.

~~Dragon Rider~~
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do men hate it when women they like have kids?