Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or lat      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anna freedom
Msg: 22
view profile
History
why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or latina then there not interested??Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
personally, think it is cause they like to believe they are not racists...
cause we live in a society where we like to politely hide our racism...a society in which our racial biases have been so deeply embedded in our society that we do not even see them any more. but if you really think about -- in today's multicultural and plural society, there is simply no valid justification for selection practices based on ancestry / racism alone. however, i will concede that cultural practices do have a role for some people...but that is a whole other story for another time.
 Sardonis
Msg: 23
why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or latina then there not interested??
Posted: 6/17/2008 4:52:02 PM
I think it has to do with chemistry and shared culture.

There are beautiful women all over the world. I have dated and been with ladies from various ethnicities and religions.

But I have come to realize that I like my white women. But not all white women.

There is something about brunette/blue eyed girls that just make me . It's like it reminds of that homeland that I never knew.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 24
why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or latina then there not interested??
Posted: 6/17/2008 5:29:13 PM

i think guys need to come clean about it on there profile. about what types of girls that they are interested in and state the race. because i find it very offensive and a waste of time when they like my friends profile and they find out that she is not white or hispanic

Why are you even so much into your friend's business? I fail to see where the people who contact her is any of your business at all.

But that said, everyone has preferences. Perhaps they don't like your friend for other reasons and she just assumes it is race based. I've had the race card thrown out when I don't find someone attractive and it shows that person's insecurities more than anything.
 single_ladi
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:19:50 AM
ok ay I understand what you mean that when you say "open" to race and you are not interested in dating a black person that means you are not truly "OPEN".. but on the other hand people are entitled to their preferences and there is no reason to be offended by that.

I date within and outside my race but I have come to the realization that not everyone has to feel the way I do, nor do they have to like me. And it doesnt guarantee that just because I am open to other races that I will like every white, asian, hispanic ...etc..man.

Next time try not to take it so personally... there are plenty of fish ....

just keep
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/18/2008 11:01:02 AM
I love women in all their colors from ghost white to black coffee. It's not what is on the outside, it's how crazy they are on the inside that really matters!
 mthomjmark
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/18/2008 4:16:26 PM
Just because you find it offensive doesnt mean its offensive. If the profiles had to be placed so no one is offended, then they would be pages long.

I have to see the person. I'm not attracted to most people that are very dark in skin, and I'm not attracted to extremely overweight women. Sorry but I'm not going to put that in my profile.
 xeot
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:59:54 PM
This seems to be another topic of men are not allowed to have any preferences in women. That a man should accept any woman that is wants him.

This goes along with that a woman should be able to reject any man on any arbitrary standard she wishes because women can have preferences.

It's a tired and old topic. It really has nothing to do with race at all.

A good portion of it comes down to how men and women choose dates, especially in the online world. Women tend to have all sorts of arbitrary conditions and standards (especially in online dating) designed to filter down their choices down from a large number to a small one. Thusly, when men are rejecting a woman, she may think some arbitrary standard like race, height, bra size, or something is in play that doesn't allow her a chance. The feelings are pretty much the same as a guy gets when being filtered out. Thing is, men aren't really in the 'narrowing the field' business, at least not in the same way (online) as they aren't trying to find a few out of a hundred to concentrate on. It's not a summary dismissal for being outside a height range or something... It's just a net decision of 'yes' or 'no'.

The scope of looks within a 'race' or a 'nationality' is huge. There are large degrees of overlap. Physical attraction of a single person will trend towards certain traits but also have radical departures from that trend now and then. There are also physical attractions to women who have only a couple of the traits but have other features that make up for it. Then throw in personality, background, etc and it gets really complicated.

Most men will be deciding if they are interested in each woman the way women judge the handful of 'finalists' that for whatever reason get past the filtering.

Let me put it this way... in the online world women start with 100 and filter down to 6. Men start with 6.
 borntoski683
Msg: 29
view profile
History
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/20/2008 1:27:57 AM
those guys are basically casting a broad net...so simple
 celts123
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:00:16 AM
There is a difference between not being attracted to a certain race and not dating a certain race due to false stereotypes and generalizations based on limited experiences. Regardless of what you look like, there are always going to be some people who aren't attracted to you. I'm generally not attracted to Asian women although there are some exceptions to that. That doesn't make me racist.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:25:07 PM
I never date anyone crazier than myself.

It's not that I'm prejudiced against crazy women, but it really hasn't ever worked out (maybe that's my fault, but there it is).

Other than that, she has to be breathing, conscious, and articulate enough to order breakfast at Denny's.
 good_catch77
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/29/2008 1:15:57 AM
I had just seen a "ask a girl" about women only wanting black guys just before I went to bed. In the post it had (at the time) 3 responses all by women. That if a "woman only wants a black guy that's her preference, everyone has preferences." So I answered based on the responses from this post that those women are shallow. Funny about 4 hours later its been deleted. Also funny about the strange double standard that is out there also. I'm a personality person but I also look at looks. Does my standards include race? Nope none at all.

Because if we are or aren't a match it doesn't matter about race it matters wither or not we are a match.

Best of luck to everyone
 good_catch77
Msg: 34
why do most white guy, say that they are open to all races, but, if you're not white or latina, then the're not interested??
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:50:34 AM

If you choose not to date INDIVIDUAL Black women who you have met, that is not racist. If you PRE-JUDGE all Black women and indicate that you would not date ANY Black women, yes my friend you are displaying racial prejudice and you are definitely racist.

I know that you was addressing a guy. But this quote should be taken both ways. That it is just as wrong for the woman if you inserted black man instead of woman on both counts. This is a problem of both genders not just the men of the world. But other than that I agree with you 150% on that statement.

I'll say this if I "like someone" or "dislike someone" it has nothing to do with race. I might have other factors that others may or may not agree with. But that's not one of them.

Best of luck to everyone
 good_catch77
Msg: 35
why do most white guy, say that they are open to all races, but, if you're not white or latina, then the're not interested??
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:11:04 AM
Dude calm down I'm taking this statement in general not addressing you.

Sorry
 celts123
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:27:51 AM
There is a difference between not being attracted to a certain race and not dating a certain race due to false stereotypes and generalizations based on limited experiences.

No there isn't.

Physical attraction has nothing to do with judging a person's character, intelligence etc based on race, height, weight, religion, hair color etc

I'm generally not attracted to Asian women although there are some exceptions to that. That doesn't make me racist.

Yes it does. Why are you afraid to admit it?

Bullshit. Racism is thinking that you are better than someone else because of race or mistreating someone because of race. That also has nothing to do with physical attraction. I would have no problems dating an Asian woman if I was attracted to her. However I'm not attracted to most Asian woman that I have seen.
 _Red_
Msg: 37
Why do most white guy, say that they're open to all races, but automatically reject anyone who is not White orLatina??
Posted: 6/29/2008 1:33:54 PM
Interesting you're so certain it's your "friend's" race.

Your profile is a spelling nightmare and only comprehensible because I'm familiar with decoding the writing of young children.

Frankly, your "WARNING" about contacting you and then being sent to your Myspace screams of something illicit. Are you trying to sell your friend and just finding you're not getting top dollar or what?

Your whole profile sounds like BS so why are you posting an inflammatory thread? My guess is to generate more visits to your profile to try to increase sales. If I'm wrong, well...my apologies I guess but hey, at least now you know how your profile can sound to some people.

But yes, let's blame white men of being racist pigs. Just in case we missed blaming them for something else at some point.
 good_catch77
Msg: 38
Why do most white guy, say that they're open to all races, but automatically reject anyone who is not White orLatina??
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:14:41 PM

I agree 100%.

This thread is in Ask a Guy though and the topic is about White guys discriminating against women who aren't White or Latina so I phrased my comments within that context.

That's what I thought I just wanted to point it out that it is a people issue not gender.

Best of luck to everyone
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 7:54:52 AM
Does anyone really believe a man would pick say a Rosie O Donnel over a Halle Barry?

It not about race...despite what people like the Reverend Wright want to make people believe. It's ALWAYS about the character of the person and how well they treat others.
 digdug38
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:50:06 PM
bootyluciouse,

Maybe a guy doesn't want to seem rude by saying "I like race A, but I don't like race B, every other weekend I like race C, but I'm only interested in race D for a long-term commitment."
 antonioIII
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:10:57 AM
It's my personal belief that racism will cease to exist.....this country was built on racism.......all men are created equal......but a black mans vote was 3/5 of a vote? At college i became good friends with a kid from brazil and we spoke about our experiences.........there is no thing over there as euro brazillian or afro brazillian.....everyone is just brazillian........but over here you have to check.......hispanic, black, asian, islander, caucasian.... but when you fly out of the country anywhere in the world....to the world you are an american, period. Not only that certain races get preferential treatment when it comes to scholarships and grants.........fact is all races are not treated equal in this country........

but to stay on topic i've gone on a date with one black woman........she was nice but a bit too aggressive for my liking.....i don't like to be pursued......i hunters hunt, they don't like to be hunted.........plus i like to run my fingers through a girls hair.......i prefer
white/latina/asian.
 bigshrek
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:11:23 AM
While I absolutely love Whoopi Goldberg (Big rack, nice azz, funny as heck and SMART)...I don't think I'd want to sleep with her. Be best friends, SURE!, but no fawkin. I tend to go after pasty pale redheaded gals...it's just what I'm genetically hardwired for...its got to be an Irish thang. or maybe I just watched "A Quiet Man" & "McClintock" with Maureen O'Hara (Superiorly Hot Redhead) one too many times as a kid...

If you are going to compare Halle Berry with anyone, don't use Rosie...use Angelina Jolie! At least the figures are similar! Even when leaving out the lesbian part of the equation, Rosie just isn't a desireable woman in figure or attitude.
 windloverr
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:16:58 PM
Even if you don't have a picture posted, the profile states your race. If the guy liked the profile before the pic, but not after it, race wasn't the issue; he just wasn't attracted to her.
 Lifeismycanvas
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2008 2:50:59 AM
From what I've seen just about all white guys find white and hispanic women attractive. Asian women are a bit more polarizing for white guys, about 60% of them are really into them (asiaphile syndrome) and the others find them completely unnattractive. About 75% of white guys are not attracted to most black women except for the lighter toned or mixed ones.

Actually, women are less open to interacial dating than men, with the exception of Asian women and Hispanic women, . White women are probably the least open to any kind of interracial dating, particulary the ones who are "considered" attractive, the ones who do partake in interracial dating prefer black and hispanic men. Asian and Hispanic women prefer white guys for interracial dating than black and Asian men. Middle Eastern, South Asian women are usually not into interracial dating, although some may be open to dating a white man. I know it sound like I'm generalizing, but to tell you the truth it's pretty obvious this type of dynamic is present in the North American dating scene. Obviously some races/genders have a obvious advantage due to this. Mostly this is due to Western style racial indoctrination.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2008 7:30:11 AM
First off, why do guys "find out that she is not white or hispanic" I mean what kind of profile does your friend post? One without pictures? If that's the case, maybe they find out she's also ugly?

I think most men don't care about race so much as looks at first since attractive women come in all colors?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do most white guy, there open 2 race,but if your not white or latina then there not interested??