Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Do you have specific things that scream NOOOOOO?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiveAndLoveWell
Msg: 51
Do you have specific things that scream NOOOOOO?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Guys that rely too much on the starsign thing and message you about how much you have in common and how much they feel already that they know you and have a special rapport with you and that you are their soulmate etc etc. I hate that.
 OzDrifter
Msg: 52
Do you have specific things that scream NOOOOOO?
Posted: 4/30/2011 9:11:33 PM
Yep...... 'I am just out of a 25 year marriage and ready to start over'.... thats got stay away all over it.

Sorry but 'I have a kid who is my everything' is up there too .....hmm so are you expecting a woman to take less than best, or sloppy seconds and know she is only to fill a gap the kid cant???? and will you still expect her to give all of herself to you in return???
 crustyold
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/1/2011 5:16:03 AM
"""""""""I'm outta there. """

to where, need a plan, but then, maybe just doing would be a good thing
 justfriends411
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/22/2011 4:26:48 AM

At the risk of sounding superficial and getting abused here...
things that scream NOOOOO to me regarding guys as potential partners are if they are:

vertically challenged
horizontally challenged
balding or thinning hair that's badly styled
overweight
old for their age
trying too hard to look young for their age
any kind of body odour
smoking
swearing
photos of bare chests in their profiles...

At the risk of appearing superficial (like the rest of you hahahaha ) all of the above, plus (in their profiles):

typing "lol" every second word
typing "hehehe" - for some reason this really turns me off yet "hahaha" I find totally acceptable
typing "yummy" - this adjective should only be used by females and males under the age of 5
having a moustache WITHOUT a beard - this reminds me of a really nerdy uptight policeman like in the Pink Panther or worse, MacIver
going into too much detail about their past history, eg "I was dating a woman for 17 years and then I found out she was cheating on me with my best friend's wife's boyfriend's yummy yummy fiancee hehehehe lol lol"
 Wonni68
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/22/2011 5:33:11 AM
When she is Bi, means she will always be looking for a bit on the side from the same sex.
Someone who outwardly says they're sexy in their profile, I think I should be the judge of that.
 justfriends411
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/23/2011 3:55:23 AM
yes that is probably right Wonni68 because it is up to the reader/viewer to judge whether a person is sexy, attractive, funny, etc and if you really are all of those positive adjectives then you probably don't need to state it!

(she says hurriedly checking her profile)
 Wonni68
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/23/2011 4:10:35 AM
you'r so right just friends.
Beauty, sexy, funny and attractive is in the eye of the beholder.
 leesy87
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/28/2011 3:48:07 PM
picking your nose!!! it is disgusting! if you have to, do it in private haha
 Tah,
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/28/2011 9:54:23 PM
Fat people, over weight is fine, but there's a diffence between fat and overweight. fat people come with a certain attitude and behaviol tendencies that are repulsive to me...

now someone with an unhealthy thryroid gland is not in the same catogory..
 crustyold
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/2/2011 7:08:38 AM

for me, as i mainly looking for friends.....(no one out there that can put up with me)
as long as you are neat & tidy, all is good..........but for me it comes down too smell, cent...

bad body cent, what ever you which too call it, is the greatest turn off,
 crustyold
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/14/2011 4:40:32 PM
i think they scream YES
 Ahron123
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:15:53 PM

Ohhhh yeah, don't even get me started on that one! lol

Seriously though, NO ONE wants to start off being told you will NEVER be top priority in someone's life (I can hear lots of single parents getting defensive at this statement) ... I agree with you Ozdrifter, as soon as I see "my kids are my life" etc .... I'm outta there.

I don't have kids, and I've never dated anyone who does, and I'm not single...but I have some idea of how family structure works and I'm pretty sure of this: If you have kids and you also have partners who "come and go" (be realistic!) then YES your kids SHOULD be your top priority. And YES you should avoid people who don't realise that.

And to be honest, anyone who doesn't accept the kids right from the start will probably be doing more "going" than "coming".

So MY GUESS is that people write this on their profile to make sure that people like you get "outta there" (your words) to avoid wasting their time. I guess you have confirmed that it works ha ha.
 BlaiseParade
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/29/2011 11:43:43 PM
the girl in my basement, I think her name is Alice
 BlaiseParade
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/1/2011 3:51:45 PM

Richard Gere!!...did you know he had a girble inserted up his rectum for higher sexual experiences!..YEP! he sure did

Really, san, DID he? Thats a pretty full on thing you are saying. If someone posted a similar comment about YOU, I would ask the same.... what are you basing this on? Where is the proof?

I'm ready to be swayed, but this sounds much more believable to me:

"Contrary to widespread public belief, "gerbil-stuffing" is unknown as an actual sexual practice, nor has a verified medical case of a gerbil (or other rodent) having been extracted from a patient's rectum ever been reported. (Despite the assiduousness with which doctors record unusual items removed from patients' rectums in order to write them up as illustrative cases* , a medical journal article involving a gerbil removal has yet to surface.)#"

*they really do
#yep, nothing on googlescholar
 tinapenny
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/2/2011 9:09:42 PM

Richard Gere!!...did you know he had a girble inserted up his rectum for higher sexual experiences!
Poor old Richard Gere. One of those urban myths it seems.

Before even talking or meeting, there's an instant red flag for me if the profile info and pic aren't consistent, i.e. if the person states their education as university level but apparently has the IQ of a wombat, or if their age and experience is twenty years out of date with the pic. I also notice if a person displays their unresolved bitterness or aggression in their profile or forum posts.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2011 12:02:18 AM
Any mention whatsoever of God. Pretty much at the top of my list.
Next are girls who are obsessed with their dog, cat or car.
Pictures of the the lady in question chugging alcohol.
Any profile that only lists the people they DON'T want to be contacted by. Especially if it lists ethnicities.
Privacy disclaimers. Universities aren't using your profile for research, dumbass.
Incorrect spelling and grammar.
Bogans.
That pretty much covers it.
 tinapenny
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/5/2011 1:35:22 AM

Privacy disclaimers. Universities aren't using your profile for research, dumbass
I haven't actually seen a profile with a privacy disclaimer but I've been around long enough to be aware that some people copy profiles they like and use it as their own. There are also quite a lot of stats collected and used by this site (and presumably others) to better match fish and target advertising. It wouldn't surprise me if some people, imperfectly understanding this and the whole fear of the unknown internet community and identify fraud, would seek to limit the use that their profile can be put to.

So yeah, I would add to the list, Intolerance.
 greyingred
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 9:02:05 PM
^^^^^pmsl once wondered about the disposal of dead pets and someone getting confused, burying the goldfish and flushing the gerbil..which of course doesn't flush and her finding the swirling action whilst flushing conveniently cleaned her toddlers backside....but then as you said....

Sorry i think it is a cruel, debase act that will offend many budhists and many more gerbels.

black humour makes a lot of others scream NOOOOOOOOO
 crustyold
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:14:08 PM
++++++++++++the girl in my basement, I think her name is Alice++++++++

we let her out, as she was keeper us awake at night
 Jewel_Of_Denial
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/18/2011 3:33:14 AM
fat chicks make me scream NOOOOOOOOOO
and i accept that this is not a valid reason.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/21/2011 2:23:15 AM
for me,nothing screams NO.....im desperate.
but if anything it would have to be arrogance
 Frau Chilliknickers
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:13:52 AM
The toothpaste-splattered-bathroom-mirror-self-mobile-phone-photo.
 Akizzej
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:59:30 PM
Well this little one I saw on a certain social networking site always reminds me of many of the POF profiles:

To the People of the World,

I don't mean to sound slutty but please use me whenever you want.

Sincerely,
Grammar

Yes, I cringe and silently scream when I find someone can't (or won't) use correct grammar or at the very least Capitalisation and spacing along with commas and fullstops ... {although I'm guilty myself of using {} far too much}

I also have a problem with men with long hair, yanno - if a fella's is longer than mine there are gonna be issues.
 Tanratti
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/29/2011 2:11:56 AM
I agree, thi lip and small chin jsut makes me feel like the guy is a bit hard hearted... mean sort of. with their time, their love etc... Tanratti.
 smothy
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/29/2011 3:18:25 AM
cats on the bed when trying to sleep
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Do you have specific things that scream NOOOOOO?