Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Does sex get better after you hit 40?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 1
Does sex get better after you hit 40? Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Alot of people are saying this now.... especially with a broader acceptance of different types of sexual relationships, the enlightenment and freedom brought to us by the sexual revolution and improved techniques.

What's your opinion?
 painter0070
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does sex get better after you hit 40?
Posted: 5/20/2008 5:03:34 PM
Most definately
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/20/2008 5:06:51 PM
I have a lot more sex now than when I was younger (in my 20s). That is better.

I know what I like more. That is better, too.

Men of about my age appreciate women more than younger men, too, I think. And THAT is better.

So, yep.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/20/2008 5:56:29 PM
40 years and you have not had 40 shags?! Which equates to less than once a week...aaah...poor soul! LOL (Unless you referring to number of partners!?)

I think sex definitely improves with age...and being nearly 42, I would have to say I have had the most pleasureable sex since being 40. I wonder if that has something to do with memory, too?? LOL

Actually, I think it is more about being more comfy in our own skin...having a greater sense of self assurance and self esteem...and then of course, the experience and learning, too! And being wiser in choosing a more compatible partner!! ;O)
 Spanish Lover XCLNTE
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/20/2008 6:10:52 PM
Trust me, yes...

Although it's always been very good for me, I have a deeper appreciation for the wider spectrum of expression at my disposal. And at the same time, I can connect all the dots in that spectrum to form a constellation of celestial passion. I understand now how to paint with all those colors to create an amazingly sensual and sultry conversational experience for myself and my partner.
 tigressironlady
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/20/2008 6:49:24 PM
I would say definetly, the older I get the better it is and the more I want.
 vbxtc
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:28:54 PM
Much less inhibited, more confident than in my 20's. More in touch with myself and what I like.. and more attuned to exploring what SHE likes than in my 30's. So yeah, over 40 is better.
 Marriedmon42
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/20/2008 10:41:02 PM
OH so much better, especially if your partner knows what they are doing to get you to that place, should I say the big "O", I have also found out that in your 40's you seem to want to please your partner more which in turn should make them want to please you!!

So the answer is yessssssssssss!!!
 opnmydm
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/20/2008 11:40:45 PM
thats one reason i will not date anyone under 40
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/21/2008 8:05:19 AM
Wow... what a response...
I almost forgot I put this thread here.

Well... now that we've established that certainly A LOT of people over 40 have found sex to be more enjoyable after than before... Let's get deeper (no pun intended)

What do you do now that you didn't do then?

Or is it just the intensity of feeling when the same things happen?

Do we enjoy pleasurable sensations more after we hit a certain age? ...or is it more of a contrast because we're relaxed more than we were when we were younger when we do other things and this makes the intensity more enjoyable *I'm just "fishin'" for reasons here... U tell US what you think!*
 swingpup
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2008 8:12:46 AM
Without a doubt. Now it's all about quality as opposed to quantity. By this age one discovers what one desires after being though all shapes, sizes as well as ages. It's simply much more intense a well as satisfying. By this age most have their oral skills precisely honed
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/21/2008 8:26:36 AM
Now THAT sounds like one TOTALLY VALID reason!!!

I wonder what women think about men regarding this?
 redheadlady4
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:18:36 PM
dearest StrangerInTheHouse...All I can say is hands down 100% better than ever...no worries, no fears, relax, explore, enjoy...its all good !!!!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:42:09 PM
Hell yes!!!!

It was never BAD, but it's WAY better now, It's a combination of confidence, skill, open-mindedness, communication, experience... libido rises in women later in life (well, it did for me.. from 35 on.. wow) I also think one is less concerned with what others think, less concerned with pregnancy (a HUGE fear when younger.. yes, ON THE PILL even) less concerned with a lot of things that inhibit one when one is younger. And small children are not conducive to a great sex life....

Life is just a lot more fun when the whole peer pressure thing melts away and you 're not as self-conscious. Authenticity is an aphrodisiac.

Plus I KNOW what I like and I'm not afraid to ask for it... and I've found that more mature men are much more likely to be skilled, patient, sensual as opposed to just sexual, and eager to please.

It's more relaxed and at the same time much hotter.

It's hard to qualify.. actually

yes
 grapevine
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/23/2008 10:08:13 PM
No, I turned 40 and he still was just as bad as ever.
 Seas_the_Day
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/23/2008 10:35:04 PM
.... it depends on who you're with.. if you're in a stale relationship it's not fun at any age.
 windloverr
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 12:55:43 AM
OH YEAH!

Except for those people who are really good at 25; then spend the next 15 years forgetting how.

Sex keeps getting better as long as you want sex to keep getting better; until you hit the point that your health actually interferes. I've learned things in the last couple of weeks that will help make me a better lover.

Some 25 year old kid was giving me grief about this. I just asked him, "Are you better now than you were at 15?" He said he was; and I asked "So do you think your going to spend the next 10 years getting worse; or learning more, and getting better?" He smiled, and bought my next beer.
 snark99
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:05:56 AM
I posted my personal best at 62. My girlfriend was 59. Women get so much sexier as they mature. Yes, just like fine wine. Still going strong, but not quite as strong, at 68. Life is good.
 STH III
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:49:51 AM
I am as good once as I ever was,lol. I actually still get very excited when I am about ready to have sex. I have always loved sex and had an active sex life as I was married to a women for 23 years that liked sex a lot and would seldom ever turn me down. Now that I am single it is longer in between times I have sex as I don't go to bars and haul them out drunk,lol. I was dating a girl I met on POF for awhile and our sex life was great, I mean we really fit together great and I hated for it to end but she had mood problems and I could not deal well with them. I am 55 and still going strong. I love it.

tommy
 JustMary65
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/24/2008 5:48:47 AM
I don't know that it's gotten better, but seeing I have no real hang-ups about sex-my body naked-his body naked-and I'm not into games-yeah, in that sense I suppose it's better. Course, the man I see now is pretty awesome between the sheets so I feel pretty lucky about that-and seeing I know what I like and I have no issues expressing it-that could also be a reason why sex appears to better now-but I think I had just as much fun in my 20's and 30's.
 Pleasurelimits
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:05:13 AM
I think one thing that improves it is the biggest sex organ the brain improves out of sight. The girl I love has not forgotten but has got over the fact she is beautiful and has a body that would make you want to travel and just wants to please and be pleased with the comfort of being able to direct and be directed. Not afraid to say what she thinks at any time and what she wants which stirs that large organ, what a combination, you just love who they are and want to give all you got so it improves out of sight once you reach that level of maturity, no doubt
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:52:16 AM
Another fishie made me take a gander at this thread again, and I saw:

What do you do now that you didn't do then?

Or is it just the intensity of feeling when the same things happen?

Do we enjoy pleasurable sensations more after we hit a certain age? ...or is it more of a contrast because we're relaxed more than we were when we were younger when we do other things and this makes the intensity more enjoyable *I'm just "fishin'" for reasons here... U tell US what you think!*

What do I do NOW, that I did not then?! Women don't kiss and tell! ;) But let me just say this...I am more open to my sexuality...I do not concern myself if something is "taboo" or "kinky" to others...I appreciate that since sex is between two consenting adults, that THOSE are the only two that should matter! ;)

The intensity? Nah...I think it is a deeper appreciation for the sexual connection you can have with someone...less of an "act" and more of a "desire" for lack of better words. (as a youngster, I prolly had sex at times when I thought it was "expected" or because I thought it might "fix" something in a relationship....no more of that!)

But overall, I think it really is more about being more comfy in my own skin...appreciating that something so natural and that has been around since existence, can be so beautiful and awesome! :)
 DAVE632
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 10:12:25 AM
My FIRST question here is : WHY would a bunch of people UNDER 40 yrs of age feel the neeed to post an "answer" to this question? Are all the threads at 'TARDS.COM full or what?

What was the question again ... ? Oh ya.

Generally for women YES

Generally for men NO - unless we learn to lose the teeniebopper attitude that all things sexual eminate from our di¬Ęks. The piping can (and does) work just fine but as ya get older you realize that making love is like a battle. Use ALL your resources or risk losing everything to someone who does. That's just an observation.

kickingfate
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:36:40 AM
It had better become better after 40....because as of late its sure as heck isn't frequent. I guess the saying quality over quantity starts to play a role.
 Cantankerous_Hermit
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2008 2:48:21 PM
As long as you keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes up on the road. Otherwise you should find a place to park.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Does sex get better after you hit 40?