Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > After they get the phone number they don't call      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
After they get the phone number they don't callPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Do they ask, or do you offer and they don't say no?

I have friends who may not want to be called until a certain point, and by default they just dont call men...and they will take numbers if offered but won't use em
(I assume to avoid saying no and dealing with confrontation).

Perhaps they just weren't ready to talk on the phone regardless of who called who?
 jon525
Msg: 3
view profile
History
After they get the phone number they don't call
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:38:52 AM
I do the same thing with women that give me their numbers when I not ready to talk.
Just all depends on the people.
 swingpup
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:39:44 AM
Relax....if you provide them your number and they call....cool and if they don't oh well. It's a quick and easy way to discover if they are truly serious in talking or if they are just playing. A suggestion? Keep doing what you're doing.

Some must "get to know you first" before they will actually talk with you.....LOL. Now that makes a hell of a lot of sense.
 celts123
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:53:18 AM
Maybe they aren't that interested in you since they didn't ask for your number or give you their number. What I find annoying is when a woman voluntary gives me her number ( without me even asking for it ). But she never answers or returns my calls. That has happened to me a few times.
 Challenge
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/21/2008 5:00:18 PM
There is a definite answer......and it is crystal clear.

They are not interested in you.

The good news is............there are literally millions and millions of women out there.

Pick one who calls.

Voila..........
 Bran317
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/21/2008 10:55:30 PM
Ohhh Meeellooody,You gave me your number but never the courtesy of taking a call!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2008 5:49:09 AM
People get busy and there are also those that do not want it to go beyond a computer screen.

Because I have not yet encountered a commercially available cone of silence, if I don't manage to get someone on the phone before the kids come tromping home from school, any conversation with me usually includes interruptions from them so I have a couple of numbers that I haven't had a chance to contact yet because things have just seemed crazy in the last couple of weeks.

If you like the gal, why not ask her? All she can do is either give you a reason for failing to call or let you know that she is really not interested. Either way, wouldn't you rather know than spend time wondering?
 horses44
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:40:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - you and Challenge are 100% correct.

I have done it, and had it done to me - for whatever reason the other person lost interest...or they're dead, however at this point for me it has been they lost interest

We should take a poll on how many people stopped hearing from someone as they were dead
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/22/2008 4:31:30 PM

Your friends are losers.

Because they won't call a guy? Wow...standards have gone up. I always thought it took much much more to be categorized as a loser...it's dating, not the nobel prize.

They will never get into my pants.

Somehow I don't think that'll upset them too much.

Your friends need to show some courage and inittiative, or they will never get a date or get laid.

Sure they will, just not by decent men. However, I don't date them, so I don't care who they date or what they do. I was explaining how they are...what it brings them is their problem. Not mine (or yours).

All of your comments speak so cowardly of women.

I posted three lines in the thread earlier. All WHAT comments?

Most men should avoid your friends.

Maybe they should. I suspect some do. Who cares?

This helps explain why, I see so many whipped guys out there. If there were more guys out there like me, your friends wouldn't have anyone to ****-whip.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:30:26 AM
Some of my fellow men still apparently don’t get it.

Dating in this society is a pursuit=>catch game, and guess who does most of the pursuing? Most women have the added benefit of being able to sit back and pick and choose who’s “acceptable”, or, to put it another way, choose who NOT to settle for.

The biggest deal breaker with all this is of course distance, but the local replies I get are rarely serious or initiative-driven (this was before I changed what I’m looking for in my profile; pretty much given up). Most were/are of the flippant, non-committal, innocuously vague variety, almost as if just showing a “little” interest should be enough to send fireworks. Evidently it’s up to us guys to get the hint and follow up with everything and the kitchen sink. Even then, as some have already shared, the woman has the final say about whether they really want to go through with the nuts and bolts of getting to know you or not. I’m sure it goes both ways so please don’t gang up on me ladies, but in my experience this mindset is mostly a female phenomenon, or geared to a woman’s way of thinking about dating. I certainly don’t see many men on here with 300+ favs, getting so snowed under with attention they can’t keep up and forced to put up disclaimers of serious replies only? Conversely, I see pages and pages of women that have almost nothing on their profile and still have favs coming out of their ears, simply by posting a sexy pic or two.

Unless you’re blessed with good looks and loads of radiant charm most men will never “automatically” get a proverbial foot in the door. It’s something we have to really work for (and that means what it says; meaning time, patience, effort, and money). The only other alternative for across-the-board desirability is to have success, power, or money. Seems a guy could look like death warmed over and still have women falling over them and trophy wife material galore if they're rich and successful enough, but most men live in a much less rarefied reality.

Mo
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:30:58 AM
I like what Eazk said..

But what has worked with me is that the man says something about chatting on the phone.. and then leaves it up to me to say yes or no.. sometimes I will say "listen I would like to chat online a while longer.. or sometimes I say "yes" right then and there.

Some will give me their number first (after I say yes) and say " call me if you want to.. when you want to.. it is totally up to you".. sometimes they say "what is your cell, let me call you right now"..

So it depends on the man.. how long we have talked.. and my comfort level. I do not ever meet a man that I haven't chatted with on the phone though.

Now I am not one to have a prefered way of broaching this subject.. but it is up to the man to offer or suggest we step up the contact.. and if it is an authentic approach just about anything will do for me.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:33:23 AM
If she doesnt call, she is not interested. And for some people, they push their number onto others and they probably dont want to hurt your feelings.

If you are just meeting someone or chatting for the first few times, throwing out your number might not be appropriate for some. Some people give up their number right off. Again, slow it down.
 2HEDZ
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 9:42:44 AM
they didnt like you. get over it.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/14/2008 11:06:34 AM
Sly, kudos for using splendidly imagination. Ladies, he's shown intelligence, creativity, and playful humor. If those traits are "really" what most cuties on here treasure, then he's nothing less than your Dream Man. I expect him to report at least 50 replies at the end of today.

boutenuf
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:40:16 AM
I have men give me their phone numbers right from the get go. Anyone that is just tossing their number around when I don't even know them and haven't had much contact with...I don't call.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > After they get the phone number they don't call