Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > burn picnic table burn      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wizardofossington
Msg: 1
burn picnic table burnPage 1 of 1    
Before I start let me tell everybody about my neighbors first and then I’ll explain about the picnic table. I live in a house shared with four other apartments in a small town in Massachusetts. I have two neighbors downstairs, one on the left and one on the right. Then there’s me upstairs on the left and another neighbor across the hall.

The one downstairs on the left is a single girl about my age, I think, kind of pretty. She minds her own business and doesn’t really speak to any of us. Once in awhile we say hello when we cross paths and she’s very polite.

The ones downstairs on the right are couples with no children. They are about my age too. They too also mind their own business and keep to themselves. At times we say hello to each other, but nothing more. I’ve been told they both are into the reality business, but never really discussed it with them. I think their real nice people, and never had a problem with them.

The ones across the hall from me are married couples that are retired. They both collect disability and both are about mid fifties. We talk a lot and use to hang out last summer in our backyard. We would have cookouts and we also have a bomb fire too, so late at night we would hang out by the fire and have a good time. However, I have been told many times that the wife bad mouths me a lot, which I have never done anything wrong to her. I found this out by old neighbors whom use to live downstairs where the young couples live now. The retirees and I still keep in touch with the old neighbors and we are certainly become good friends. Although, they can’t stand the retirees because every time they go over their house the conversation is always about me and the things I do. I don’t know what her problem is with me, but she even bad mouths the young couples downstairs too. I haven’t done anything wrong except for what I’m about to tell you.

We have a wooden picnic table in our backyard that is quite old. It looked good because our old neighbors found it in the woods and painted it for all of us to use. It held up quite well last summer, but not this year. So far this year I have only noticed the couple from downstairs using it, but other than that no body else. Also this is a free picnic table and nobody paid a dime for it, not even landlord. It was in the woods even before the landlord bought this house.

Last week I invited a friend over and our old neighbors for a couple beers, so we can sit by the bomb fire to have a good time. My plan was to have all the neighbors to hang out too, but the couple from downstairs were not home and the single girl partied too much the night before, so she decided to sit this one out. Although the retirees came down to join. I told my old neighbors to bring some chairs over because I didn’t have enough for everybody, but they forgot to bring them over, so we decided to bring the picnic table over and use it as chairs.

My friend, my old neighbors’ girlfriend, and the retirees sat on the picnic table, but not on the seats they sat on the table top. They used the seats as feet stands. You have to picture the picnic table as one piece and not separate. Anyway, when the retiree’s husband sat at the end of the table the table caved in just little. We noticed where he sat it showed that the table was rotting at that spot. The funny part was that this guy only weighs 100 lbs soak and wet. We joked about burning it and my old neighbor and my friend heard the retirees wife say "Burn it, I don’t care”.

For the next couple of hours it held up quite well, and the retirees called it a night. Later in the night when someone would sit on the picnic table, it would cave in more. By the next couple of hours it got worst and began to collapse, so I decided to burn it. It was unsafe table and old, so I made that judgment call. We burnt it to the ground until 3 am and we had a good time.

The next morning I get a hard knock in my door. It was the retiree’s wife asking me, “What happened to the picnic table?” I told her it collapsed, so we burnt it. She began to yell at me and I asked her to lower her voice when she speaks to me. She continued to yell making comments that I shouldn't have burnt it and the neighbors downstairs might complain about it to the landlord. I told her that I was going to call the landlord to clear things up and I asked her again to stop yelling at me. She wouldn’t stop, so I told her to “Get the fcuk out!” and she did, but as I was shutting the door she had to insult me by calling me “stupid”. She did that just to get under my skin, but I laugh at those types of things.

I later called my landlord and explained to him what had happened. He thanked me for burning it, since the table was falling apart. When my landlord said that to me, I washed my hands from it and knew I had nothing to worry about.

However during the week I felt maybe I should buy a picnic table to keep the peace, but yesterday my landlord bought a new picnic table, made of plastic this time. I called my landlord to maybe make a payment towards it just to show that I am a better man, but he has not returned my call.

My question is this? Was it wrong for me to burn it? And should I make a payment to the landlord towards the picnic table?
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:25:20 PM
Shug, no offense but from your pics you look like you are about 21... These kinds of things can really get under the skin of a "disabled retiree", sounds like the woman has quite a few screws loose, and that she is bored out of her skin.

Since the landlord thanked you for burning the picnic table, don't worry about it, it isn't a big deal, especially since it could have been a real issue if the landlord provided it, and someone got injured.

Yes, I agree with the other poster, the word is "bonfire"....

Sounds like you have a lot of drama going on at your place....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 3
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:27:09 PM

Burn the plastic one....

Very funny.... And the funny part is that I already thought about it, but I wouldn't do it.

The retirees wife loves to talk trash, so I can imagine the things she has told the people downstairs. I personally do not care....When I told her that it collapsed, she didn't believe me, so she continued to yell. She's been waiting for a reason to attack me and this gave her all the reason because she hasn't found any other faults that I have done.

And the reason I thought maybe pay my landlord was to show that I am a better man.
 untamed one
Msg: 4
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/25/2008 4:48:39 AM
Next time you see the wife , look at her in a wild-eyed way , and jump and down ,and shriek
" the Leprechaun tells me to burn things !" ...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 5
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:47:48 AM
Now I got the retirees peaking in my windows....I busted the husband looking in yesterday, while I was cooking bacon and eggs.
 wowsad
Msg: 6
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/27/2008 11:36:11 AM
i can understand not wanting things burned near my house, because of the dangers involved with out of control fires, which do happen time and time again. however, i wouldn't be mad about the table, just the fact that any normal person wouldn't burn it close to where i happen to live.

on the other hand, i'm the type to light it on fire, so what do i know.
 nexthyme
Msg: 7
view profile
History
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/27/2008 1:07:29 PM

Now I got the retirees peaking in my windows....

As I said there's a reason they are on disability, and it probably doesn't have much to do with a physical ailment... Do you prance around in the nude? That may get them into a frenzy, and just be fun to know they got freaked by young nudity...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 8
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/28/2008 6:29:06 AM

Do you know how to make a pipe bomb?(That's a joke,by the way).

No, but any suggestion....

Do you prance around in the nude?

Nope, but I'm planning on it....SURPRISE!!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 9
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 5/28/2008 9:14:53 PM

i can understand not wanting things burned near my house, because of the dangers involved with out of control fires

We have a fire pit in our backyard and its meant for all of us. Its been here since I moved in, so this certainly isn't reason for her to attack me the way she did.

(how can they be peeking in your window when you are on the 2nd floor?)

In my backyard I have a stair way/small patio that leads to my apartment. My door has a window without a curtain, but the entrance of the door leads into a small hallway and then into my kitchen. Although between the back door and the kitchen there is another door, which I usually keep it closed. This time I had it open and "peek-a-boo" I see my neighbor looking in. He saw me look at him and bolted to his apartment. I bought curtains yesterday, so he gets the hint.

A lot of people here mentioned that I should kiss and make up, but I don't want to for the reason that she has been bad mouthing me. I rather keep it the way it is, than to pretend to be nice. Trust me I'm annoying the hell out of them with my music or other things just to get in their skin. They think they are the property managers.
 yna6
Msg: 10
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:49:44 PM
You put up a sign with an arrow on it pointing towards the nasty neighbour. It should say something like "Believe nothing these gossips say!" or "Bad-mouthing old lady here!"
They learn real wuick when people start pointing out to others what kind of people they actually are!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 11
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:23:45 PM
You should have burned your friend's girlfriend. She didnt belong to anybody, and I'm sure if you sat on her...she would have curved in too.

why did we bring this thread back?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 12
burn picnic table burn
Posted: 12/9/2008 12:38:04 AM
The neighbors are actually over the picnic table, but underneath their breaths they hate my guts....I don't care. I do somethings just to drive them crazy, such as playing my music loud, especially my Portuguese music.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > burn picnic table burn