Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Pakistani Police Say Teacher Beat, Killed Blind Boy for Not Learning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mungojoe
Msg: 2
Pakistani Police Say Teacher Beat, Killed Blind Boy for Not Learning KoranPage 1 of 1    

Yes, this was in Pakistan, and expected given the large Muslim population.

"Expected"?

How so? And, if it is "expected" then why was the adult arrested and charged? One would assume from "expected" that it was normal and there would be no charges.

Should we also assume that child abandonment, beatings, drownings and all the other DAILY child abuse that occurs in the US is "expected" because of the large Christian population (you know, "spare the rod..." and such biblical pronouncements such as putting a disrespectful child to death, etc.)?

How do we combat THIS extremism, where American children are targeted DAILY by their own parents?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Pakistani Police Say Teacher Beat, Killed Blind Boy for Not Learning Koran
Posted: 5/30/2008 6:58:49 PM
Curious as to the source of this story.
Pakistan a teacher kills a kid over the Quran, India they still murder "witches". Not seeing a difference other than in one story you can feed an anti-Muslim war and blind patriotism with and the other involves Hindus(for the most part India is much more diverse than just one religion but you'll never convince media sops of that) It is a backward part of the world especially in the more remote regions that most armchair commentators will never comprehend.

I heard Catholic schools used punishment too

Hey they even had Priests "using" sodomy for torture. Maybe we need to invade the Vatican City next under UN auspices.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:25:41 PM

Attorney: Woman thought God told her to kill sons

CNN) -- In opening statements Monday, a Texas prosecutor described how a mother smashed the head of her infant son with a rock and then led her two older boys outside and did the same to them, killing the two oldest boys.

Deanna Laney, 39, has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of sons Joshua, 8, and Luke, 6, and a single count of injury to a child, Aaron, her 15-month-old who survived the attack.

Files said Laney believed that God had told her the world was going to end and "she had to get her house in order," which included killing her children.

"The dilemma she faced is a terrible one for a mother," Files said. "Does she follow what she believes to be God's will, or does she turn her back on God?"

Files said he would present witnesses who would corroborate Laney's love of her children as well as her belief "that the word of God was infallible."

Religiosity Common Among Mothers Who Kill Children

By Lisa Falkenberg, Associated Press

Andrea Yates said Satan told her to drown her five children.

Deanna Laney said the Lord sent her signs to beat her three sons with stones.

And the night before Dena Schlosser became the latest Texas mother to take her child's life, she told her husband she wanted to give her children to God. The suburban Dallas mother was charged with capital murder for severing her 10-month-old baby's arms. Attorneys were expected to discuss her competency in court Tuesday.

Women who kill their children commonly cite God, the devil and other religious influences for their actions. Although the mothers are also often found to be severely mentally ill or psychotic, the recurring theme of religiosity begs the question: Is religion to blame?

Theologians, sociologists and psychiatrists generally say no. They say religiosity is a common theme among psychotics because hallucinations and delusions usually take familiar forms.

http://www.uchc.edu/ocomm/newsarchive/news04/dec04/religiosity.html

Dead child's mom sought discipline tips

Lynn Paddock ordered books by a minister and his wife that recommended using pipe to spank kids

A few years ago, Lynn Paddock sought Christian advice on how to discipline her growing brood of adopted children.

Paddock -- a Johnston County mother accused of murdering Sean, her 4-year-old adopted son, and beating two other adopted children -- surfed the Internet, said her attorney, Michael Reece. She found literature by an evangelical minister and his wife who recommended using plumbing supply lines to spank misbehaving children.

Paddock ordered Michael and Debi Pearl's books and started spanking her adopted children as suggested. After Sean, the youngest of Paddock's six adopted children, died last month, his older sister and brother told investigators about Paddock's spankings.

Sean's 9-year-old brother was beaten so badly he limped, a prosecutor said. Bruises marred Sean's backside, too, doctors found.

Sean died after being wrapped so tightly in blankets he suffocated. That, too, was a form of punishment, Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell said.

The Pearls' advice from their Web site: A swift whack with the plastic tubing would sting but not bruise. Give 10 licks at a time, more if the child resists. Be careful about using it in front of others -- even at church; nosy neighbors might call social workers. Save hands for nurturing, not disciplining. Heed the warning, taken from Proverbs in the Old Testament, that sparing the rod will spoil the child.

Paddock and other moms in her rural Baptist church chatted about the Pearls' strategies for rearing obedient children, Reece said.

"I think she was trying to do the right thing by her children," he said.

Religion can be abused, and we can see examples all over America of this occurring.

No one points out these as examples of Christianity's danger to the world.

Crazed violent extremists will abuse ANY religion - and always have.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:36:27 PM
No. It was their own parent.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2008 11:29:35 PM

Nice cut a paste job. I'm sure that if you were in an Islamic country, you could just replace God with Allah and not miss a beat.

One thing missing. NONE of your examples was of a religious teacher, KILLING their BLIND 7 year old toddler of a student for not learning the BIBLE...

I won't hold my breath, while you google that one.

And you don't somehow think you are splitting hairs? Man, that's the understatement of the week...

I have to ask, what does "cut and paste" have to do with it??? I see this all the time and I have to ask, do you want some cheese with that whine? Someone provides a good deal of case evidence to back up a point they are making in a discussion and someone attempts to fault them for it???. I have to say, with more than a touch of shock that this is some of the worst dumbing down of the dialectical process I have ever seen. The whole purpose of debate is to be able to defend your point of view, not with mere opinion but with real world example and evidence, as well as logic and reason...yet time and time again I see people moaning and groaning about "cut and paste..." are attention spans so short, vocabularies so limited and abilities to research so damaged that people are now actually offended when someone is actually able to make an effort to back up what they are saying???

If you don't like it, challenge his source or quote one of your own that counters it. Prove him wrong, don't just whine about it like a preschooler who had his crayons taken away by teacher. Grown-ups don't cry in real discussions when someone sources their opinion, they put up or shut up.

...then again, maybe around the shop floor, they have a "simpler" (heh) caliber of discussion than the ones I am used to...most of the people I talk with tend to have a few more letters after their name...or at least can act like it even if they don't. Perhaps more of a trailer park level?

Maybe MG I will see if we can get the admin to include a pictogram feature
 aintnopixie
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/31/2008 6:21:35 AM
Ok I know that i am probably going to sound like a loony toon here but even in the bible God told Abraham to kill Issac as a test of his love of God. Only diffrance is that God provided Abraham with a sacrafice when he saw that he would do it. And my next note it is not hard to beleve that the child that was killed was killed by an extream muslam. From my understanding the Koran dose teach the ideals of killing those that dont beleve the same as muslums. Hence the term mercy killing, where a family member or friend kills you for just that so someone else wont have to.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 1:06:15 PM

abc I am talking about CURRENT history, not ancient history. I am more concerned with the world we live in today. So, if you'd like to provide any proof of Priests or Missionary's who are running around cutting off the heads of people that don't belong to their particular religion. I will be happy to retract this post

Uhhh you don't know about the church and the Residential School system?
Or the whackjob evangelical leaders advocating or even participating in attempts to murder doctors that perform abortions?
No one by the way is defending the behaviour. Just pointing out that your false idea that a particular religion is at fault for stupidity, when the reality is that stupid people will use ANY religion as justification for their own distorted views.
The same as I laugh my ass off when an American foams at the mouth over another country in which women wear burkas, and they don't see the parallel when I point out that their country has "barbaric" laws which require women to wear a shirt even on the hottest days.
Patriotism and religion are often used by corrupt minds for justification, and the particular religion or country is rarely at fault.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 11:05:54 PM

abc I am talking about CURRENT history, not ancient history. I am more concerned with the world we live in today. So, if you'd like to provide any proof of Priests or Missionary's who are running around advocating beheading. I will be happy to retract this post.

Challenge taken.

Fred Phelps :

His Christ-rejecting, God-hating Jew blood bubbled to the surface. Yes, like his boss [John] Kerry, Clark is a Jew... That these two turds are Jews would not matter—except when they ask for supreme political power and spit in the Face of God, pushing for same-sex marriage, threatening to bring down God’s wrath on us as on Sodom—then some inquiries are in order. Beware! "Jews killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men; forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always; for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost. 1 Thess. 2:14." Apostate fags and Jews certain to bring God’s wrath. ”

“ Homosexuals and Jews dominated Nazi Germany... just as they now dominate this doomed U.S.A... The Jews now wander the earth despised, smitten with moral and spiritual blindness by a divine judicial stroke... And God has smitten Jews with a certain unique madness, whereby they are an astonishment of heart, a proverb, and a byword (the butt of jokes and ridicule) among all peoples whither the Lord has driven and scattered them... Jews, thus perverted, out of all proportion to their numbers energize the militant sodomite agenda... The American Jews are the real Nazis (misusers and abusers of governmental power) who hate God and the rule of law.

Against flag idolatry

Fred Phelps refers to the United States as "A sodomite nation of flag-worshiping idolators."

"Military funerals are pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps to a fallen fool, 'They shall not lament for him, saying, Ah my brother! or, Ah sister! they shall not lament for him, saying, Ah lord! or, Ah his glory! He shall be buried with the burial of an ass, drawn and cast forth beyond the gates of Jerusalem.'" Jer. 22:18&19.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Maury Davis :

January 17, 2002 -- A Nashville-area pastor is urging his congregation to "help him win Muslims to Christ" through a controversial four-part series of sermons on "the evil of Islam."

Maury Davis, pastor of Cornerstone Church, began the first sermon of his series titled, "Hard Questions — Real Answers. Islam…The Evil Religion," this past Sunday in front of an audience of about 2,000, reports the Nashville Tennessean.

"I want to go on record as telling you that I believe the greatest threat to the American way of life, to the Constitution of the United States of America and to the gospel of Jesus Christ, is the religion of Islam as it stands today," Davis said from the pulpit.

"It is a great task that you and I have to infiltrate the Muslim community, but we can do it with the help of God."

http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_hate.jsp?id=417

Rev. Ted Pierce - almost a beheading BLOOMINGTON -- Negotiations are continuing to resolve criminal charges against the former senior pastor of Bloomington’s Second Presbyterian Church, a defense attorney said Monday.

The Rev. Ted Pierce, now of Atlanta, Ga., was in court with defense attorney Leann Hill for the hearing on charges of aggravated battery, criminal trespass to a residence and domestic battery.

The former Bloomington pastor is accused of choking and threatening to kill his wife, Laura Pierce, during an argument June 29 at the home she had moved to after their separation. According to court records, Pierce held a knife to Laura Pierce and she suffered several scratches during the incident.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/02/27/news/
doc45e33a6659fb2280581820.txt

Pastor Travis Pierce - leader of the KKK.

Rev. Rod Parsley

Parsley has called on Christians to wage war against Islam, which he considers to be a "false religion." In the past, Parsley has also railed against the separation of church and state, homosexuals, and abortion rights, comparing Planned Parenthood to Nazis.

Trial opens for Calif. pastor accused of killing elderly man
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 05/29/2008 02:02:11 PM PDT

MODESTO, Calif.—Opening statements are under way in the trial of a Central California preacher accused of causing a car crash that killed an elderly rancher to cover up the fact that he was stealing from him.

Fifty-seven-year-old Howard Porter is charged with murder in Stanislaus County Superior Court for the death of 85-year-old Frank Craig in April 2004.

Porter's attorneys say the pastor was a man of good character who sought to help the rancher, but that he happened to be a bad driver.

Prosecutors say it's not a coincidence that the two had a similar crash two years earlier that crippled Craig.

Porter faces a life sentence in prison without parole if convicted. He's also charged with attempted murder, theft or embezzlement from an elder adult by a caretaker and elder abuse causing death.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9417554

Well, at least ONE beheading....of the feline variety, anyway.

Suffolk pastor sentenced for shooting neighbor's cat

SUFFOLK

A volunteer firefighter who leads weekly church services at a homeless shelter was sentenced Monday for shooting the head off a neighbor's pet cat.

Jonathan Hubert Powell, 39, received a two-year suspended sentence for the April 11, 2006, shotgun blast that decapitated a tabby named Garcia.

Powell, a lieutenant with the Whaleyville Volunteer Fire Department, told two police officers early on he shot the cat because it was scratching his car, according to testimony from his trial in March.

Pastor accused of killing elderly pair he eulogized

Sebring, Fla. AP A minister who gave the eulogy at the funeral of an elderly couple was charged Friday with murder in their beating and strangulation.

Police said money appeared to be the motive for the Rev. John Nelson Canning, pastor of Fountain of Life Church, who obtained a power of attorney before the Jan. 2 slayings of Leo and Hazel Gleese.

Tens of thousands of dollars may have been misused by Canning, police said.

Investigators found items, including a piece of foam material from Gleese's easy chair, at the church's disposal site.

"The discovery of the dump site for the church, I believe more than anything else, has expedited the case," Police Chief Robert Glick said.

The Gleeses, both 90, realized some of their money was missing and confronted Canning, leading to the killings, said Phil Ramer, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent.

Canning, 58, was held without bond Friday at the Highlands County Jail on two counts of first-degree murder.

Pastor arrested for murder

Raleigh — The man arrested in the slaying of a North Carolina Central University student had been a pastor for more than 20 years and faced criminal sexual charges.

At 1:15 a.m. Saturday, Robert Lee Adams Reaves, 43, of 19 Birchcrest Court, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Latrese Matral Curtis, 21.

Curtis' body was found Wednesday morning along westbound Interstate 540. An autopsy showed she died from puncture wounds caused by a sharp object.

And the winner IS ?

Nigeria - and some elements of the Christian church there. This is current too, btw.

Almost everyone goes to church here. Driving through the town of Esit Eket, the rust-streaked signs, tarpaulins hung between trees and posters on boulders, advertise a church for every third or fourth house along the road. Such names as New Testament Assembly, Church of God Mission, Mount Zion Gospel, Glory of God, Brotherhood of the Cross, Redeemed, Apostalistic. Behind the smartly painted doors pastors make a living by 'deliverances' - exorcisms - for people beset by witchcraft, something seen to cause anything from divorce, disease, accidents or job losses. With so many churches it's a competitive market, but by local standards a lucrative one.

But an exploitative situation has now grown into something much more sinister as preachers are turning their attentions to children - naming them as witches. In a maddened state of terror, parents and whole villages turn on the child. They are burnt, poisoned, slashed, chained to trees, buried alive or simply beaten and chased off into the bush.

Before you go casting stones at another religion, I'd suggest realizing the glass house you are standing in.
 Rythmn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:23:41 AM
so sanderick, it's ok for priests to molest kids because they are christian? it's only not okay if theyir victims are blind? or high school teachers here in CA molesting students as in other states AS WELL--including both male and female molesters? that is okay because they are not religious teachers? heck, that tv pedophile show even caught a rabbi (my faith)-- but that is okay with you? as long as it's not murder? just moslems and hindus are the problem? mormons ok too? or are they on the fringe for you? it doesn' t take a rocket scientist or even a "googler" to know that every NUT does not speak for their religions as a whole. rape and abuse centers ABOUND here in the good ole usa--although i must admit, at least we are dealing openly with a worldwide problem and are finally dealing with young males as victims, in addition to females. it seems in the case that you offer, this lunatic is also being dealt with as well. and what about inner city murders on a daly basis and not one person bats an eyelash anymore. how about starting there to protect children?

geeze, no wonder my pakistani friends are getting paranoid here lately. afraid to walk out even in san jose, given the recent rise in bigotry, due to ignorance and misplaced fear. soon we'll be having more usa concentration camps, like what was done to japenese american families (citizens!) living here during world war two and WHILE their men went out to fight their "mother country" on behalf of the usa!

yes, there are extremists and cover ups. so, if it bothers you --start working in your own backyard and within your own religion. i am sure it is not spotless. the stats are way too high!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 7:37:32 AM

Funny. You quote my post where I ask for Proof.

then you provide none!!!

Your ignorance is deafening.

A big thank-you to MG
My bad for assuming the character would not be to lazy to even google a term or two to see in his "reasoning" could be at fault. So thanks for spoon feeding him for me.
 huixin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:12:31 PM
and beat him for not learning the Koran?????what ?
the boy wanted to learn Koran , but his teacher doesn't or the boy refused to do it as his teacher wanted ?
 huixin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:16:24 PM
Got it now Got it now
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Pakistani Police Say Teacher Beat, Killed Blind Boy for Not Learning Koran