Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Fitting Quotes to live by.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xavery
Msg: 6
Fitting Quotes to live by.....Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I often find myself thinking these fitting quotes:

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Greece. ( I added a bit.)

What goes around, comes around.

This, too, shall pass. (This is one I am giving more thought these days.)

Rules are meant to be broken. (So - I posted four and it doesn't matter because my quotes are a little cliche and you won't need time to appreciate them. They either work for you or they don't.)

Here is something a little less cliche:

"Be the change you want the world to be." Ghandi
 bluecollarguy101
Msg: 11
Fitting Quotes to live by.....
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:26:52 PM
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Sir Winston Churchill.

It is so easy not to try.
But it is so much better to try. And to learn from it.
 WesternRose
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:45:37 PM
My all time favourite chuckle... >>>

"I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member"
Groucho Marx

"Life is a journey, not a destination".
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy".
Guillaume Apollinaire

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"
Steven Wright

'The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat'

~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:54:17 PM
''Where you cannot find trust ,consideration ,respect and sacrifice ;you will not find friendship and where you cannot find friendship ;you will never find affection ,gardenstate 86 never was a truer word spoken than the above .
 punem264
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/1/2008 11:06:30 PM
"Tis better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all" Love's Labours Lost, by William Shakesspear. I wrote this because I am risk taker now POF.
 bluecollarguy101
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/1/2008 11:27:36 PM
I always liked this one.

Understanding is a three edged sword.
Your side, There side, And the truth.
Unknown.

Its kind of self explanatory.
 Walts
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/2/2008 4:53:28 AM
" Don't be intimidated by the impossibility, be motivated by the possibility!"

Looks like I'm gonna read this one a couple of times this week with the schedule I am suppose to have and keep.
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:53:25 AM
this is my new fav.
"One quote per posting...makes it better appreciated."

proof that everyone has an answer, but rarely do they hear the question
 WesternRose
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/2/2008 9:18:10 AM
YES...thank you for pointing that out DraxxMaster..... I have only a short time to live...so I don't follow the rules!...and the beating my own drum now.

RIP ...WET

(seriously now... I am on borrowed time right now.... so..frankly dear, I don't give a damn)
 mo-mo
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/2/2008 2:01:59 PM
If it sounds to good to be true it probably is ..........
 rockondon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 2:46:07 PM
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
 Walts
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:43:24 PM
^^^^ Love it rock. Gonna steal that one and use it,,,,,more than once. Already in my one of my little books.
 elfwitch
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/2/2008 9:49:38 PM
If ignorance really is bliss; there would be a lot more happy people in the world!
I work with people who should be ecstatic
 Peachshortcake
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:22:36 PM
Sucess is not a result of spontanious combustion, you have to set your self on fire.
-unknown

Too many people expect to be sucessful without putting the work into it. I have found this one puts it in to perspective for people.
 Freely Fancy
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:27:31 PM
"Handsome is as handsome does," speaks for itself I believe!

Pen
 bcboy72
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:41:59 AM
" I am deep down under the water in a place where no human being has ever been before; it is one of the greatest moments in my whole life; "

William Beebe.
 *RINGS
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:23:37 AM
The opportunity for Brotherhood presents itself,

everytime you meet a human being.
 Ben Surgeon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:12:51 PM
Before I speak, I have something important to say.
Groucho Marx

BS
 Sakora
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:27:14 PM
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us "universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." - Albert Einstein

“Our thinking and our behaviour are always in anticipation of a response. It is therefore fear-based.” - Deepak Chopra

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein
 bcboy72
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:51:27 PM
My sister wanted to be an actress, but she never made it. She does live in a trailer. She got half way. She's an actress, she just never gets called to the set.

Mitch Hedberg

Hmm..I guess that isn't really one to live by..Maybe this one?

"This shirt is dry clean only. Which means... It's dirty."
 Xavery
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:12:49 PM
Mean people suck. I read it on a bumper stick and I like it. The only thing by posting it is that I am stooping to the level of a mean person. Oh, well, whatever.
 ritawayward
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:59:35 PM
"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry.
He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I took care of the precious offspring (because I loved to work with kids and it shows!) of some very affluent people and only one couple ever treated me like a valuable human being! Goes to show you how much the kids mattered if the parents are willing to berate and seriously underpay the person their kids rely on and adore! I also cleaned houses and offices to pay for my sons future in music (which he passionately wanted and excells in). I was looked down upon by other school parents who's husbands paid for lessons etc in their family! I enjoyed cleaning even though I also enjoy work in much more intellectually challenging, respected fields. It keeps me in shape and allows me to work alone following my own direction as long as the results are there!(they are) The pay is incredible because my employers overestimate how degrading the work is ... usually not because they honour it's pure value and my love of a job enjoyed and well done!

That is the reason I love this quote and live by it!
 Temptation50
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:55:51 PM
I've read through most of the posts.....
This one seemed to slip on by.........

"Nothing Is Free"

Considering the venue.........hahahaha........
 Bella™
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/15/2008 5:51:20 PM
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
- Abraham Lincoln

Bite me.
- Bella™

* L *
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:19:47 PM
When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.
-
Mark Twain (also born with auburn hair)

signed me a little red haired girl (auburn), thanks for the genes Sam
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Fitting Quotes to live by.....