Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Run any combustable engine on water this includes any car.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwP
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Run any combustable engine on water this includes any car.Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I heard a little bit about this somewhere, maybe NPR. From what I remember, it technically works, but it takes hours to make enough hydrogen to go to the store. It's just not efficient enough to be anything resembling practical. You could theoretically rig a car to run on hamster wheels for an engine, but would it really be worth it?
 2findU
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Run any combustable engine on water this includes any car.
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:39:57 PM
Every decade there is some BS like that but in the mean time we still run on gasoline or diesel. There is no magic solution. And just what is "frequency" supposed to mean? Sound waves? Whatever it is, it uses energy. "Frequency" used in that context is an absolutely meaningless term.
 2findU
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:59:16 PM

If the navy can build a sub that runs very quietly using seawater as propulsion

You're thinking of the fictional Russian submarine in the movie "The Hunt For Red October". Real world submarines use screw propellers most likely driven by a steam turbine which uses water heated up by that nuclear generator.
 agamemnonn
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:31:18 AM
This idea is _totally_ a perpetual motion machine! And thus nonsense! The water is acting just as a component in the machine - transferring energy from your "frequency generator" to your engine, allegedly picking up energy on the way (from where?). The whole body of physics, theoretical and applied, relies on the fact that the total sum of the energy in the universe is constant - everything from Newton's First Law to the principles of Thermodynamics. Do you seriously expect anyone rational and informed to believe that an enormous body of research, which has generated a similarly large body of consistent findings, can be overturned on hearsay? If you can build a working prototype, take it to a prominent skeptic like James Randi - there are millions of dollars worth of prize-money waiting for someone who can prove that you can get energy from nowhere (P.S. no-one has collected yet, though many have tried).
 Jiperly
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2008 4:39:38 AM
>>> I was just e-mailed from a person who claims that he has done this to his car and it works.

So, clearly, the research you claim existed still exists- why isn't your email friend submitting his car to the Nobel board for his Million Dollar Prize? Why is it a super duper secret that only a few people from the internet have privy to?

Wikipedia has this to say;

In 1996, inventor Stanley Meyer was sued by investors to whom he had sold dealerships, offering the right to do business in Water Fuel Cell technology. According to The Times, Meyer claimed in court that his invention "opened the way for a car which would 'run on water', powered simply by a car battery."[1] The car would even run perpetually without fuel since the energy needed to continue the "fracturing" was low enough for the engine's dynamo to recharge the car's battery.[1] His car was due to be examined by the expert witness Michael Laughton, Professor of Electrical Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London and Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. However, Meyer made what Professor Laughton considered a "lame excuse" on the days of examination and did not allow the test to proceed.[1] The Water Fuel Cell, on the other hand, was examined by three expert witnesses in court who found that there "was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis".[1]

On the basis of the evidence the court found Meyer guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay the investors their $25,000.

Wow.....I'm convinced.
 bigshrek
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:37:27 AM
Problem is that the original US patents that were submitted by Stan Meyers are...well...lacking. The self-reported results of Meyer were never proven in his lifetime, not even in court. When Meyer was to show to experts how his vehicle actually worked during his fraud trial, he first delayed the examinations then finally failed to produce the vehicle for study...mind you this was a COURT trial.

Meyer's reported water engine development was a fraud.

On the other hand, there is one engine in development that uses water...but it's the 6-stroke STEAM engine that is proving that old tech may be the best tech once refined.

Cold fusion, although still problematic, has been shown to be an abbaration...the experiments have been reproduced finally, but with mixed results. So far there is anomalous heat (which means they don't know how it produced heat or can reproduce it regularly) and anomalous tritium production (less often but they don't know why it does that yet either). The 2004 Dept Of Energy studies said that there is much to be determined and explored...the 2008 study in India resulted in Dr. M. R. Srinivasan, former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission of India said: "There is some science here that needs to be understood. We should set some people to investigate these experiments. There is much to be commended for the progress in the work. The neglect should come to an end". So it's a starting science, much like internal combustion was in the 1800's...it'll just take time to figure out how to make it work properly. Whether that is decades or centuries is yet to be determined.

Diamond...get that guy who emailed you to PROVE it to the world...one would think that anyone who could find a tv reporter in a haystack could get airtime for that right now. If proven true, it would quickly go national. But as science and the courts have shown, Meyer was nothing more than a FRAUD.
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/3/2008 8:53:31 AM
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

This thread brings me back to this quote.

Anyways i was saying that its funny how quick people on here are negative towards something that is different or something the BIG DOGS said is pseudoscience. Sure sure yes til the money owners of the world tell you that YEs IT WORKS. You will forever fight on the side that it does not work. Do you realize people were told along time ago that the world was flat because they did not want people journey to areas they did not want you to go.

This as well reminds of the same situation. Why dont you go in your backyard and find out if it works or if it is pseudoscience. You know why you wont because your to damn lazy. So of course you ride off the coattails of those who put in the work. Your like the little guy that yells from behind the bully. So many negative comments nothing positiive or uplifting at all. Why are so many of you negative ? Does it hurt to say something positive in the light that sure if MAY not work but who cares give it hell and why not give it a go?

I also noticed how the word TEACHER = threat

Of course why bother you know because physics tells you it wont work but so many things in the world once were told that it would not work. Here we are today using the pseudoscience. A few of you ask why is he not a million dollar goose for some company its the exact same reason Mr Hutchison did not sell his to the GOV't. Money does not always show that it works. If you know the money system then you would know that it is nothing but a bunch of Bs. We live behind money that has not vaule what so ever besides the value we as people give it, like we give our power to the men who run the country.

NOthing good can come out of negativity.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 9:46:52 AM
people with alot of big bucks that dont want this technology out there for obvious reasons. the gas and oil companies and even the goverment dosen't want it out there because how would they generate the big buck.

Every time I hear this said I know the person saying it is a quack and their "idea or device" is a fraud. Let say you are right, you could build a car that uses water as its energy source without adding any energy to the system. GM,Ford,Toyota,Honda,Nissan,etc won't build it because they are making enough money off the status quo. You can tell me some guy in India or China won't jump on the opportunity to do it. No matter how much money the oil companies would promise you, this "car or engine" would be worth more, much more.

BTW, I've never met any one or know of any one else has met some one who has said "Yea I got rich by taking money from the oil companies or the government in exchange for not building something"!
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/3/2008 10:54:02 AM
yes you have not heard of it from anyone because who would admit it. That would be foolish
 quietcowboy
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2008 3:46:54 PM
yes you have not heard of it from anyone because who would admit it. That would be foolish

Why? People admit to damn near everything now days. The only thing foolish about it would be if you expected some one to believe it! Why didn't the railroad buy out the car industry years back? Or the coal suppliers that oil companies years back?
 bigshrek
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/3/2008 7:55:31 PM
It's a total FRAUD until someone can actually MAKE one that WORKS and SHOWS IT OFF to PROVE IT!!

Anyone who gives cash money to these fools deserves to loose it.
 desertrhino
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:52:57 AM

It's a total FRAUD until someone can actually MAKE one that WORKS and SHOWS IT OFF to PROVE IT!!

Anyone who gives cash money to these fools deserves to loose it.

This should be the absolute minimum requirement for anyone claiming such revolutionary success. Buy the damn kit, put one together, and make it work. Then ***show*** (not tell or email) someone... ANYone.

I'll be the very first to applaud you and publicly admit my error. In front of the Press, if that's what you want.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:16:22 AM
Hi sax11 mate. At least one more intelligent person on this forum who knows what they're talking about!!!

Arrogants as opposed to facts and a reluctants to intelligently discuss your ideas = a much higher probability of a quack/fraud! Yea I know you know more than any one else, otherwise we'd be able the comprehend your genius,
 desertrhino
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:38:13 AM
Ummm, hate to burst your bubble, sax11... but the planet is losing water at a known rate to gravitational stripping by the moon and solar wind/radiation on the upper atmosphere, as well as simple diffusion. It is also GAINING water at a relatively predictable rate from the influx of water-bearing space debris... now, a big, icy comet impacting the planet would upset that, make a mess, and generally bring a lot of water to the planet.

Also, water is being sequestered in the interior of the planet at subduction regions in the crust, and released from the interior by volcanic activity.

To say the water on the planet is constant and will never change is overly-simplistic, bordering on ignorant.

And as for solomon999, we're all waiting your great disclosure. Again, you want to sell something; so sell us. Show us a working device or vehicle. ANYthing. Otherwise, go pound sand as the fraud I strongly suspect you of being. (And I already said I'd publicly and loudly admit my error if you can provide any actual proof... I'll gladly add an apology to the mix. But, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.)
 quietcowboy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:04:04 PM

but I have learned some physics and some science. Less than some, more than others

Yes, I have learned some physics and some science too, but for me to address your claims I don't need them. The lessons life has thought me are more than enough.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 1:25:09 PM
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. - Carl Sagan
 quietcowboy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:59:04 PM

Cars can be made to run on water using the correct combination of chemicals, however the formula for such a thing is owned by an oil company, or so a professor once told me.

Let me guess, he told you this while you two were sharing bong of what they used to smoke in Vietnam.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 10:43:06 AM

I've kinda kept out of this because it was getting a little to technical for me but food for though. A hydrogen engine does work. In the 90's Vancouver Canada started running 7 hydrogen city busses. I believe they have been running for quite some time hauling passangers all over the city. You wouldn't even know it if you passed you because they dont look any different form any other city bus.

I don't think too many people here don't believe that an engine can be run off of hydrogen. What we questions is whether creating hydrogen gas for that engine is worthwhile.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 1:14:52 PM
Here's a good won for ewe assumption and opinion worshipers to attack and discredit (sp mistakes on purpose, little gift for those who are more ego then spirit).

Ah, Alas, I know, egos and oil are partners and all the pollution and the generous and destructive criminal minded monopoly on the sector tied with your investments/pension plans and your plan for amusement/entertainment after you retire from the lies and rhetoric, may be diminished if people are educated rather then de-educated courtesy of corps(e) and their spiritless employees/peons.

Those who are neck-deep (or more) indebted to or in debt through, being solely within the system/mechanism that has and still debases nature/man and earth, for material gain and their lives purpose will have nothing but the rhetoric, lies and karma that will come as reward for their work, their life and their spirit.

Alternative fuels put contentment in jeopardy for those with imaginary riches, inflated egos and who believe the illusion called life which should be renames strife for materialists as it suits their mindsets and personalities as well as the cause and effect that results when any of the employees/peons for corps(e) participate in any discussion about any topic other then celebrity worshiping.

Air, water, solar, hemp seed oil, guar seed oil and more are better for the earth and the economy but worse for those who are lies in the flesh. Funny, they never include all the damage that is a direct result of what they promote and always, after causing horrendous conditions, steal from the ignorant to fix their evil works all the while creating a new system to use as a part of their wealth/spirit transfer mechanism.

Truth kills ego, lies inflate them, insult, rhetoric and the like are their tools, ignore their attacks on egos and all that is temporary, look at the nature of their presentation, learn the true purpose of their words and efforts, they sacrifice time and energy (spirit within real people) to protect material, materialists and the debasing of earth and mankind. They are the ones who are truly akin to those who assassinate those who champion peace and equality as, without duality, debate and strife, they are illusions, lies just like all that they offer within any conversation. They gnash their teeth and attack, using the weapon they enjoy most, their own ignorance and hate of truth.

I guess compressed air is not as good as oil..... traitors to man and earth would champion oil, pollution, war and strife while those of spirit work to gain wealth for mankind not false and cheated riches and wealth for unkind men.

Did you used to ghost write for the unibomber or is this part of an original manifesto?
 quietcowboy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 2:48:35 PM
My point is big oil "owns" 3% of the world oil reserves. 60% of the worlds usable oil exists in the mideast, with Canada and Venezuela having a large part of the rest. Almost none of it is not own by Royal Dutch, Exxon,etc. The US government doesn't own much of it at all. Big oil makes its money by refining oil and distribution of oil. If a fuel was found in the world that hopefully would be in a more stable place than the mideast or Venezuela and cheaper, I am positive they would love to be selling it to us - that is what is capitalism all about.

As far as car companies blocking a new technology - bull. If you don't pay attention to business news, last week there were rumors that GM might be soon bankrupt. Talk about an industry that is badly hurting for new technology. A new technology that is much more efficient and inexpensive without asking its users to give up the comforts that we are used to would be a godsend.

Next the "mutual" funds that "we" own, buy and sell company shares hourly, some the make money and some they don't. So if a great idea comes along that competes with a product one of the company's that they hold shares, guess what a competent money manager will do? This has happened time and time again and is happening even today. Take a look at the companies that make up the Dow Jones Index today, twenty-five years ago, fifty years ago and seventy-five years ago. Hell I've had funds the held big positions in Enron for cry'n out loud.

I have read your writings in the forum loudcowboy, rarely if ever have you, like those you echo post to, not any original thought and mostly always, the same spiritless/material loving personalities are supportive of that which is against truth and nature, pro-war/crimes against man and the list goes on.

Please go back on your meds.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:31:42 PM
solomon999:
<div class="quote">The real kits that I and others are selling is not for me to gain any great personal fortune out of,I think you're confusing me with Bill Gates and others like him; maybe yourself even. You know the saying, "evil people think evil thoughts".

If you kits work as you say, the best thing you could do for mankind is sell it and make a boat load of money from it. This would motivate others to improve your ideas or to come up with better ideas. That how the world progresses.

BTW, I'm not here to stickup for Bill Gates or anything, but right now the Bill&Belinda Gates Foundation is the largest charitable foundation in the world. They have given more money to charity than most countries have!
 quietcowboy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:13:00 PM

These two statements and actually more, are posted by 8one2...

"who resort to childish insulting and pushing assumption and opinion as truth?"
"Attack a poster with assumption and insult"

Then he says this...

Put on some new Depends and get a life, the stuff in your diaper is leaking and is now coming from your mouth"
"People just can't see that being a hemorrhoid upon existence is not a good way to live."

Which as I have pointed out to him before, makes him a hypocrite, he cancels himself out in his own words

My personal favorite is his dissertation on ego as it pertains to us peon!
 bigshrek
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/7/2008 10:31:37 AM
Using Acetone in the tank is an old trick to gain extra miles per gallon...and it works if you mix it right. Mix it wrong...well...it WAS a nice car...

I live as a skeptic...it saves me money. I look for PROOF before I shell out a DIME.
 bigshrek
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:04:22 PM
Solomon, if anyone is sane they wouldn't buy squat from you simply because of how you treat people. I think you are the typical fraudster just from the way you attack anyone that questions you on your so-called "product".

Part of the problem is that Solomon's english skills are so spurious that half his answers make no sense whatsoever, and do not relate to Science as it is known throughout the world. Maybe it's just his verb tenses and lack of skill with english...but so far the explainations have LACKED.

So until you can come up with some tangible and understandable proof, I'll be sitting over here wondering how many suckers you're going to get to buy this thingy.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 12:38:04 PM
I avoided this thread as yet another scam or nut case but reading it, I discovered it seemed to have similarities to a high school science fair project I did over three decades ago during a previous fuel crisis. The difference here is mythology being confused with the science.

The power and efficiency boost probably observed and the point behind my project concerned adding water to the combustion chamber to gain advantage of its expansion properties, not any fuel content. Water injectors were used in fighter planes in WWII for a quick power boost but it was very tricky. My project involved creating a carburator with an electronic ultrasonic chamber to atomize the water vapor and improve the fuel air mix. The results were improved efficiency and/or power while tests on borrowed gas chromatographs at a local refinery confirmed reduced pollution from lower combustion temperatures and improved mixing. I even converted an old television into an oscilloscope to display real time combustion chamber pressure. I won every award up through the state science fair except fot the one that would have sent me to national due to an exceedingly ignorant tenured professor on that particular judging committee.

The hype in this case is probably a result of misinterpretation of the results created by other physics properties either unknown to the interpretors or deliberately ignored.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Run any combustable engine on water this includes any car.