Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Is U.S.America Rasist? Obama is White      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 1
Is U.S.America Rasist? Obama is WhitePage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
NOTE: This is my original idea, I am not regeretating any Talk Radio host's, Cable News Reader's, or Internet Blogger's dim witted ideas- These dim witted ideas are solely mine.

While watching the news outlets today, it is widely reported that Sen. Barrack Obama (D-Ill) is the presumptive canidate for President of the Demacratic Party in 2008. It was also was repeoted, that Sen. Obama is the first Black/African-U.S. American to recieve the nomination of any major political party in these U.S. America.

While watching the different news outlets, I noticed each were interviewing Black/African-U.S. Amricans as to what this nomination meant to them. After about the 5th interview, something crossed my mind, isn't Sen. Obama's mother a non-B/A-U.S.American? De we only see color in Sen. Obama? Is this a form of Rasicm? Not the hard-core "sheets and hood" or "sieg-hiel" kind. A "kinder-genteler" kind. The kind that wraps its arms around you-giving you the warm fuzzies, all the while plunging a knife in your back.

I am not endorsing Sen. Obama, nor am I questioning his "Blackness". Sen Obama has never shied away from his ethic makeup. I hope this does not become a discussion on the merrits of Sen Obama's politics or wether Sen. Obama is "Black" enough.

If Sen. Obama becomes the 44th president of the U.S. America, he will be President to ALL U.S. Americans.

"God Bless the U.S. America, and such as"- Who knew Miss Teen South Carolina had it right!
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 Ezzee
Msg: 2
Is U.S.America Rasist? Obama is White
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:46:31 AM
It has been really disturbing to me for almost this entire campaign cycle so far, the entire discussion in the Democratic party has been about race, sex, and religion.

And now, that is all you hear in the headlines. About Barrack Hussein Obama is the first black man to win the nomination of a major party for president.

Well woopdee freaking doo. I honestly don't care what color he is. For all I care he could be blue and where those cool little white pants and a white hat and go around using "smurf" every other word, of course I'm sure someone would have a problem with that too.

Fact of the matter is that the OP is right. America is still an extremely discriminatory country. And it has become more and more apparent this election cycle.

It does depend on where you are as to what kind of racism. Whether it be the kind the original poster describes of the wrap your arms around the person for a cuddly hug and stab you in the back or if it is just flat out obvious.

And that is why Barrack Hussein Obama HAS NO chance in this election and why John Sydney McCain will be our next President.
 Ezzee
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:52:43 AM
steven02151

I'm not sure where I said that Barrack Hussein Obama made the statement himself, my point is that it is all the Democratic Party has made any headlines with. Racist this, sexism that. Trinity Church this. "God Damn America" that.

It's sickening. Seriously, do they have any issues with any real substance? If they do, I'm waiting to hear them. Their issues themselves are at best vague, if they have any. No substance, no plan. It's all about race, sex, and religion.

Yeah, sure, blame it on the media. That's fine. And I am not going to defend the media. It's true, they do lend a hand to it. But then the candidates, both Barrack Hussein Obama and Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton just further perpetuate it by lending credence and air time to it.

As far as the rest of my statement, what do you consider BS? I consider it all to be my opinion and hypothesis that I can back up with facts and statistics. I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but well, it's life.
 flyguy51
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:56:34 PM
It is far more widespread than to be only associated with The United States, however we get far more credit than any other Nation for this.

Where were you during the South African struggle with apartheid?

Actually, I am curious about what you found regarding other countries and their history regarding racially based enslavement.

Edit:

For starters...Obama made it an issue

In the presidential "race"? Cites? You're right otherwise, though. Race is always in issue in some fashion; we have made it so through ignorance, fear, and prejudice.
 flyguy51
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:02:04 PM
And how is it going in south africa ?
I've read very very bad things about the transition to the marxist ANC rule.

Not the point I was making. What is the point you're making?

Edit: I've hit my 2 posts in 10 limit here, but instead of being evasive, why don't you please educate me and everyone else about your (obvious) point?

Edit #2: Lily, I was hoping for more substance in your arguments. Seriously I was...
 Ezzee
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:50 AM
OK, Steven02151, let me try this again.

For the first time in American history, there were front runners for the nominations of major parties who were not Caucasians or males. The media exploited this and made a huge story of it, because the American public allowed them to do so as they were fascinated with this concept. Also, if you listen to what is being said in the media by regular people, you will hear people who say "I will not vote for Barrack Hussein Obama because he is black" or "I will not vote for Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton because she is a woman." These are people who do profess to being Democrats. Granted, it's not hard to lie, but I like to try and trust people for what they say.

On top of that, you have Barrack Hussein Obama's former pastor out there preaching whatever the hell he is preaching, which the majority of American are getting the sound bites which sound racism and anti-Americanism. Being that he is Barrack Hussein Obama's former pastor, the vast majority of American are going to link that message with Barrack Hussein Obama.

Meanwhile, the candidates of the Democrat party are having to answer questions about it. Both Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton and Barrack Hussein Obama are fighting against an already preconceived notion about politics and those who are in power, as well as many other influences. Both candidates have felt that they have had to address these issues, which they have done hardcore. This has worked to further perpetuate the story of the media and further perpetuate that thoughts of the American public.

So, in a way, it has become a vicious circle so to speak. Now, I don't know how it started, but this has become a pattern and this was the pattern all the way through the primaries. I have a feeling this will continue to be a pattern throughout the general elections. There are several people who can be pointed to as far as making it a three-ring circus, but again, it has been perpetuated by both Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton and Barrack Hussein Obama.

Now, as far as the general elections go, it has been my hypothesis that if either Barrack Hussein Obama or Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton were the Democratic nominee that our next president would be a Republican because America still has several discriminatory overtones/undertones.

Again, looking at the media data so far, you already have people saying that, as I mentioned above, they will not vote for a candidate based on the race or sex of the person.

Couple that with the fact that Democrats are more likely to jump ship and vote for another candidate than Republican are. If I remember the research right, Democrats are more likely to cross lines at a rate of about 21% where as Republican do it at about 8%. I predict that both these numbers will rise in this election with the nomination of Barrack Hussein Obama, especially in the Black population. I would guess you'll be seeing a rate of about 25% for Democrats and 12-15% for Republicans.

The question, as always will be the independents. I think the phenomena of racial voting will especially be seen heavily in the South where they are more than likely willing to tell you that they do not like you based on the color of your skin. Yes, I've been there, with several friends who were of a different color, and it was one of the most uncomfortable feelings tht I have ever had.

I think in the North, they will find some other reason not to like Barrack Hussein Obama, somewhere more in his left leanings, and because they are not so willing to be forthright about these issues, they will not say I did it because of race, even though subconsciously I would suspect that they do.

Yes, I know I made broad sweeping generalizations of the North and South, but these are the general patterns that you will find in these places.

I don't necessarily think that you are looking at a huge percentage, but my guess is it would be about 25-30% of voters who will exhibit one of these types of behaviors. That in and of itself will be more than enough to swing the vote, as it is the independent voters who usually decide the vote.

I would love to see the the research and the data after the election, especially if John Sydney McCain is the next president as I hypothesize to see if I am correct, but again, this is my hypothesis with the reasoning to back it up.
 SaraMana
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:38:31 AM
Well most any thinking individual knows that Obama is mulatto, by definition....

but hey, he can 'call himself' anything he likes....who cares ? I know I really don't..

The 'one drop' RULE is not a RULE at all....it was a fabrication and socio-cultural tool

by mostly Anglos to insulate themselves from acknowledging the fact of miscegenation

or just commonplace, omnipresent race-mixing....race mixing was thought to be

taboo.....or should I say "forbidden"....(but practiced anyway, globally)

It's laughable to believe that 'race mixing' is somehow 'new', or is not old as dirt

globally..........look at Semites, Sicilians, Italians, Spanish, Brazilian, etc etc etc.....

it's not new to the US either.......it's just 'out of the closet', front stage, and in your face.

but NEW ?? hardly......

Mr Obama can self label himself........that's what America is all about..........no one

has the 'power' to do that anymore it seems...............moreover it's silly looking at

the larger picture.

Many whites may get paranoid about seeing more and more of it....so what ? you can't

stop it.....it's not going away..........EVER.......

Sometimes even BLACKS become 'racially and tyrannically demagogic' in 'owning' a vast number of

mixed-race (mulatto, quadroon, etc) as "one of their own" when any lucid and sober

person knows differently.......or they are essentially blind. Some blacks attempt

to suggest these mulattos are 'black', like them.....which seems to please white

racists just fine...

Examples are abound : The numbers are staggering.... Take notice..this is just a

fraction !

Adam Clayton Powell
Colin Powell
Charlie Rangle
Halle Berry
Mariah Carey
Tiger Woods
Mya
Faith Evans
Vin Diesel
Thurgood Marshall (Supreme Court Justice)
Senator Obama
Alexandre Dumas, writer
Sen Edward Brooke, MA
Children of Tennis Star Boris Becker (German fame)
Alicia Keyes
Sally Hemmings (Jefferson)
Rep Harold Ford, SR (TN)
Harold Ford Jr (TN)
Harry Belafonte (and Children)
Derek Jeter
Alex Rodriguez

and a HOST of others all around us ALL

TOO MANY to mention......and a bunch of whites/Anglos that may not even acknowledge or know about some of their own 'non-white family heritage'.............

Just visit Lousiana, South AL, South Mississippi, Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico, NORTH CAROLINA California, NYC................or perhaps you own next door neighbor......

It's time to get over it..........nothing new HERE !

Let's deal with real issues affecting the quality of American family life....

But is America 'racist' ???? well of course it still is.......you have white racists, black racists and all kinds of racists.............
 flyguy51
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/5/2008 3:41:54 PM

He is a black leader that , by his past record , has very much indicated that he will act in the interest of blacks to the detriment of whites .

No doubt he'll give reparations for slavery, and then slave descendants will inevitably be driving around in huge purple Caddies yelling, "I'm rich! I'm rich, Beyotch!!"

I, for one, am hoping I can get a job as a house servant under Obama's new order. Everyone knows that's much better than being a field worker.
 flyguy51
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:16:40 AM

I'm guessing the movie "Roots" plays over and over in your head when you think in terms of black people .....true ?
Get over it. I'm sure that black people must find you to be condescending.
Don't let the media define your place in the world.

Actually, I've never seen "Roots," but I know enough to guess you watch it backwards so that it has a happy ending. Think in terms of black people? That phrase is offensive to the English language.
You make an assumption on behalf of a whole other race. I know I find you to be condescending.
Thanks for the advice. Are you saying I don't have to feel all this guilt simply for being white?
 Carrisima
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 3:05:56 AM
There is still the good ol' boy and girl, USA racism mostly in covert fashion despite the many strides black people have made. If you think about it, if the majority of Americans were as racist as the media and other modems projected, then how did Obama win the nomination? Facts are, white Americans voted for Obama en masses. So, those disgruntled low life racists are in the minority and will vote for 100 years war McCain and similarly, McCain defectors will vote for Obama -- it'll even out in the end. But I fully expect a landslide for Obama -- he has a superior strategic team working behind the scenes. The American people have a short memory (most have forgotten the impact of 9/11) so hopefully Obama can pick a running mate other than Hillary whose cruel adversity against Obama makes her an undesirable choice for VP. I believe the VP choice will be so appealing that the people will forget all about Hillary. Moreover, Hilliary should become VP to McCain, not Obama. She's stirred the racial pot and has done everything but throw at Obama the kitchen sink.
 SaraMana
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/6/2008 6:39:51 AM
Obama's skin color irrelevant ? perhaps it SHOULD be the case, but succintly in this nation it still IS...i.e. relevant to a bunch of people of all 'stripes'

....but your larger point has some empirical merit it seems....(MESSAGE 62 'nomadic')

Fear does provide 'fodder' for underlying, sneaky or latent racism......I'm a Republican, and I cringe each time one of my 'educated' colleagues results to 'coded' anti-Obama political speak, when the criticism is not on his POLICY.......

Labels of course ARE important, but it matters most, WHO is doing the labeling it seems.

This country likes to 'label'.......it labels 'rednecks', bumpkins, blacks, Latinos, (it loves to label Mexicans for example), Jews, women, and just about everybody else....WHY ? it's laziness, convenient, and supports the "Totem Pole Theory" of Anglo American social structure.......one designed (by Anglos) to pit one group against the other......

This 'totem' pole social/political structure even exists WITHIN subgroups or minority groups themselves.......example : in Brazil and even in Cuba, a latino is oftentimes viewed as 'superior' if he has more 'Spanish Castilian' (read euro/white) heritage or parentage.........another example to the extreme would even be Germans who are 'white' to begin with, but even some of them continue to stratify what is truly Teutonic in the 'purest' sense.....................very strange but telling stuff.

Mr OBAMA is nothing more than just another 'non-white' on the globe. His parentage speaks for itself.......he's not 100% ANYTHING....black, nor white.......even his 'experience' matriculating in a larger society does not support a clear notion than Mr. Obama has fully participated in the 'black experience'.............that even irks some demagogic so-called 'black leaders'............black folks have always in some sense despised mulattoes......that is factual and inarguable...........many genotypical and phenotypical 'blacks' still harbor racist thoughts in re mulattoes, quadroons, etc......but the same black racists are gleefully happy to 'own' or 'claim' a mulatto or quadroon as 'one of OUR own', when NOTHING could be further from the truth.....

Many, if not downright most of the so-called 'black', successful, noted, visible 'leaders', 'innovators', 'politicians', 'scientists', corporate movers and shakers from a United States historical perspective, were NOT truly 'black' at all............that too should be obvious to any dispassionate, lucid, and sober follower of American history, and current events.

Calling Adam Clayton Powell, Thurgood Marshall, Colin Powell, Harold Ford, Charlie Rangel, Mariah Carey, or Tiger Woods "black" is quite laughable. They are of course more accurately defined as 'non-white', no doubt.

Oprah Winfrey is a 'black woman'...clearly so...and accurately so. Any reasonable person can 'see' that Mariah Carey has nothing in common with Oprah Winfrey.

Michael Jordan is truly 'black'.....no doubt. Tiger Woods mother is ASIAN (Thai born citizen), and his father a mulatto....... any idiot can seen that Mr. Woods has little in common with Mr Jordan, genetically. The same thing could be said about Derek Jeter or the Yankees, and another NBA star, Tony Parker.

If 'black folks' want a 'black Presidential Candidate', they obviously don't HAVE one in Mr Obama.

It's further obvious that Mr. Obama is not likely to 'forget' that he is 'white' as much as 'black'.........I don't like some of his policies, but I don't think he's 'stupid' or ignorant enough to automatically 'ignore' his own background, and how it shaped his upbringing, and apparent success.

His 'exposure' (yes, genetic and otherwise) certainly played a key role in his attitude, opportunity, and path in life.........that is not 'racist' to suggest that.......that is undeniably factual.................other examples are plainly in our face 'historically', and will continue to be so, even to the chagrin of 'black racists', 'white racists' or any other sort.
 Hozo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 7:00:37 AM
Mr OBAMA is nothing more than just another 'non-white' on the globe. His parentage speaks for itself.......he's not 100% ANYTHING....black, nor white.......even his 'experience' matriculating in a larger society does not support a clear notion than Mr. Obama has fully participated in the 'black experience'.............that even irks some demagogic so-called 'black leaders'............black folks have always in some sense despised mulattoes......that is factual and inarguable...........many genotypical and phenotypical 'blacks' still harbor racist thoughts in re mulattoes, quadroons, etc......but the same black racists are gleefully happy to 'own' or 'claim' a mulatto or quadroon as 'one of OUR own', when NOTHING could be further from the truth.....

Many, if not downright most of the so-called 'black', successful, noted, visible 'leaders', 'innovators', 'politicians', 'scientists', corporate movers and shakers from a United States historical perspective, were NOT truly 'black' at all............that too should be obvious to any dispassionate, lucid, and sober follower of American history, and current events.

Calling Adam Clayton Powell, Thurgood Marshall, Colin Powell, Harold Ford, Charlie Rangel, Mariah Carey, or Tiger Woods "black" is quite laughable. They are of course more accurately defined as 'non-white', no doubt.

Oprah Winfrey is a 'black woman'...clearly so...and accurately so. Any reasonable person can 'see' that Mariah Carey has nothing in common with Oprah Winfrey.

Michael Jordan is truly 'black'.....no doubt. Tiger Woods mother is ASIAN (Thai born citizen), and his father a mulatto....... any idiot can seen that Mr. Woods has little in common with Mr Jordan, genetically. The same thing could be said about Derek Jeter or the Yankees, and another NBA star, Tony Parker.

This post, and your previous post # 40 is perhaps the MOST accurate common sense description and definition I have seen in these forums so far.

As another NON WHITE, thank you. I couldnt have said it better myself.

Of course, diluted blacks will argue that this is inaccurate, as they are branded BLACK by society, so therefore they readily accept and wear that black nametag conveniently.

Unfortunately, the hypocritical double standard that they practise is, these very same mixed race people likewise blindly label me as WHITE, of which I have learned from whites and my regional society, throughout my life, that I am not.

We are all members of the non-white rainbow ethnic subculture. The above mentioned examples simply happen to have a larger percentage of Nubian blood than I do - that is the only difference. That is all.

If you want to play the African card, count me and my North African/Libyan bloodline in.
 Hozo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 7:38:56 AM
It means that someone like Obama, who is half-white, will only be seen as half-black.

But not to me, nor the millions of others like me. But it seems we, nor our ideals count.

Those in my rainbow ethnic subculture who indentify those as "half black' have been aided by these very same mixed race "half blacks" who themselves eagerly accept and trumpet this brand. They label themselves. We did not invent it.

Perpetuating, amplying, magnifying, and wrapping oneself in this obsolete self serving stereotypical blanket only serves to keep it alive, front and centre.
 SaraMana
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:23:54 AM
Elfwitch...

From Earl Woods biography itself: (father to Tiger)

Woods comes from a comfortable social background. His father, Earl Woods, is a Vietnam War veteran and a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, of mixed Black, Chinese and Native American ancestry. He is now the chairman of his son's charitable foundation, the Tiger Woods Foundation (see section Charity and youth projects below). Woods' mother, Kultida Woods, is originally from Thailand, and is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself one quarter Chinese, one quarter Thai, one-quarter Black, one eighth Native American, and one eighth Dutch. He refers to his ethnic make-up as 'Cablinasian' (a portmanteau of Caucasian, Black, American-Indian, and Asian), a term he made up himself.

Suffice it say Mr Earl Woods was a non-white...that should be clear....Tiger Woods's own father was 'certainly not' a "Michael Jordan" or a 'black Sidney Poitier' .....that's for sure..........
 flyguy51
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:13:42 AM

There are those who say that the pressure for there to be a non-white dominating golf was so great that he had some "help" in being so successful ...that sounds kind of far fetched and I'l leave that to the conpiracy theorists. lol

Not far-fetched. Bionics are real.
 SaraMana
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/7/2008 7:14:08 AM
Pushin (and a few others)

you are a walking, talking example of my point that non-whites like Colin Powell,

Mariah Carey, Halle Berry, Tiger Woods, Vin Diesel, HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON

with YOU, a truly black man...

Amazingly stupid stuff

I rest my case
 SAguy_06
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:28:04 AM
Pushinskaya,

When the Portuguese faggots and **stards came to my Mother Land, the "fun" began with Africans and became ugly. Ugly as DEMONICwhite sin, and we are still reeling from the shock and after-shock OF THIS MODERN DAY SLAVERY.

Did you mean when the Portuguese came, to enslave Africans, with the help of other Africans?

I guess I was surprised that anyone over the age of 18 and out of the public school system still believes in the concept of an "evil" race. It seems to me, that the Human Race is not lacking for peoples or societies of all ethincities that have practiced Homocide, Genocide, and Slavery against their own peoples as well as others since time in memorium.

The beauty of USA is that we can Scream at our Demons...
 SAguy_06
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:06:49 PM
Msg 53-mrperfect...

i was backing cliton but its time for a change.... obama has said this from day one..what in the blue hell is he talking about i dont think he knows........i have never voted for the rep party but thats the change im talking about.... cliton as vp.... i hope she dont take a back seat i hope she will run on the indepent ticket........ if she does ill vote for cliton if she sides with obama ..ill vote for john....

I think you have clit-on the brain...
 musicianfriend
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:25:44 AM
AMAZING...We wont vote for OBAMA because HE IS THE RACIST!! Not us. The Democrates wont vote for Obama BECAUSE HES A SOCIALIST/MARXIST. It has nothing to do with race.

This "change" he talks about will send us all spiriling down into poverty. Paying 50% or more of your hard earned dollars in taxes to support his SOCIALIST AGENDA.

He has NO EXPERIECE!! I vote no....No on the job training. Dumb idea.

NO THANKS NO THANKS NO THANKS NO THANKS NO THANKS NO THANKS!!!

And by the way....someone called us and extremely racist country. ARE YOU KIDDING. We have done more for all races here in America than ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

I dont appreciate you saying bad things about this wonderful kind and giving nation. We help everyone. If you cant see that...then you need to open your eyes.

Every country we have gone into with our military, we do for humane reasons and when we leave...we leave it better than when we came. a true fact. Read your history. Or you can run around bad mouthing this great nation while you live here and enjoy the great opportunities.

Hey..I got a great idea....why dont you move to Africa where there are no racists and people are so good to each other. They also have no arms, hands, legs, or whatever part got lopped off because some Muslim African was having a little fun. Read about it. Its all in writting.

If your voting for Obama....please google his voting record and then I want you to think about what you are about to do to your children and mine. Bad move to vote for a racist man like this. Yes...some blacks are racists too. Not just whites. Im so tired of all that crap I could scream.

In my religion....we are supposed to love all peoples. No matter what race. God created them. All.
 Jake52177
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:57:35 PM
I feel if america upgrades it's education system and really holds it's self accountable we can elect the right person for president. This all started out as the Hillary Clinton Show. It would be Hillary against a lame duck republican. Now that the show has been canceled it's lets beatdown the man that truly one.(She still hasn't hit 2025). People are tired of race it's only a problem with the hillary democrats. (just the blind ones) That word electability is very demeaning. I am know unemployed and living in ny its a rough economy. I want the person who is going to help my future. Water on Mars who cares I can't drive my car.
 flyguy51
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/14/2008 3:38:14 PM
I'm still not sure whether it's meant to be serious, or is completely tongue in cheek.

Yeah, the first few sentences sounded pretty satirical, but then... no such luck.

Only in America, with its history of race-based slavery, segregation, and prejudice, can a member of the marginalized group ascend to the nomination for the country's highest office, only to find accusations of him being a racist bigot. I find solace in that this election will be largely decided by young voters who tend to be more open-minded.

"Yeah, I'm opposing Obama because... because he's the racist. Yeah, that's the ticket..."
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/14/2008 5:01:03 PM

I find solace in that this election will be largely decided by young voters who tend to be more open-minded.

How's that? The population of people 45 and above outnumbers the population between 18 and 44, and if anything, older people vote in larger numbers than younger people.
 lateef7842
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 5:32:41 PM
My God is there anywhere I can go and have an honest discussion on politics and race without it devolving into a "liberals vs. conservatives" or a " black this and whites that" kind of thing? Aren't we all Americans?

The OP asked a legitimate question on why O8ama was regarded as black and not white. Nothing wrong there. All of a sudden people start with the "liberal agenda" argument and the who's more racist whites or blacks? Come on people. Are you so hell bent on making a political point that you can't stay on topic?

If you must bring up issues like that, you should take the time to realize we are all in the same boat fighting the same war. We are all citizens of the U.S.A. There is no such thing as all the liberals have the right answers or all the conservatives have the wrong answers. There should be no us verses them within our own boarders. We have to work together and compromise, as Americans, to find the answers to our (and I emphasize "our") problems as a nation. Black, white, liberal, conservative, Christian, atheist and every American in between. No one group has all the answers or shoulders all the blame.

Quit trying to prove a point and comment on the OP's original question. Give it a rest.

I am Lateef and I approve this comment.
 flyguy51
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:26:14 PM

if anything, older people vote in larger numbers than younger people.

That's just it. This isn't going to be your average election.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:42:22 PM
I don't understand. How are you going to manufacture a larger young population? Even if the young vote in record numbers, the older generation will do the same. Therefore more older voters will vote than younger, because there are MORE of them.

Your comment just doesn't compute.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Is U.S.America Rasist? Obama is White