Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review request      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 2
Profile review requestPage 1 of 1    
Since BR did a comprehensive, this will be a drive-by.

I'll disagree with BR regarding the headline for two reasons. First, it's way dated and overused. Secondly it has no tie-in to your profile which should be "car" themed.

I strongly suggest against the car themed profiles, haven't seen a good one...yet. They're usually tiringly boring.

I think it's too long. Lots of trivia...a public profile needs to capture and keep attention ALL the way through. You need to edit it down to the basic essence. A few short paragraphs 5 or so at the most.

A first date idea is just that, an "idea". Not an essay about dating, so lose the "fluff" and say what you think would be a good idea for a first date.
 LaBellaLuna2
Msg: 5
Profile review request
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:34:58 PM
OP, the point is, very few women are going to put sci-fi as an interest.

My real reason for this post was 1) Bookrat called: and....
2) I needed to share that if you look at the comments in isolation you may feel a bit persecuted. But if you hang around for a while, you will see that you are fortunate to have captured the attention and interest of the Rat and Bucsgirl. They are both extremely insightful. I did not see your original profile but I have to say your response here does fit the pompous ass classification. Perhaps you are not....therefore the valuable feedback before you go running around the 'hood.....

They came bearing gifts...you may not see it as such yet, but just wait...rework that sucker and my bet is they will continue to give you solid, honest advice.

Good luck to you.
 LaBellaLuna2
Msg: 6
Profile review request
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:36:06 PM
Sorry, you too Bubbles.
 LaBellaLuna2
Msg: 8
Profile review request
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:56:28 PM
Hmmm. You know what they say about first impressions.

Nice.
 veloise
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Whew!
Posted: 6/5/2008 3:39:43 PM
Hey, I like it. Your photos could use a smile or two (and some are fuzzy). Nice use of your local presidential museum (I haz one, too). Very few tuxes in these photo galleries, so that is a nice choice.

HTH
 LaBellaLuna2
Msg: 12
Whew!
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:27:44 PM
Vel,
I agree! I think it reads very nicely now. Congratulations OP, I hope it wasn't too painful, but I think you ended up with a nice profile.

One suggestion on pics...some look like they may be a bit old. You may want to consider indicating the age in the pics caption. Truth in advertising, you know!!

Good luck.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 14
Whew!
Posted: 6/5/2008 7:14:28 PM
"Tell me, what does "OP" mean?"

Finally...let me handle this...I love the EASY questions!!

OP means either Original Poster or Original Post...in this case you or your first post to the thread.

Whew!!...indeed...thanks for the break. I need to start answering the easier questions.

Just throw in a little extra....it's not the search for the Holy Grail that some make it out to be. And not worthy of a big budget movie. Not that noone takes it serious or shouldn't....but a relaxed mindset and attitude....will be of great benefit.

There's so many people...so many profiles to browse...it can be overwhelming. I can't tell you what will help you most, noone can. It's more of a do-it-yourself than one-gem of advice-fits all.

It's good to keep your "eyes on the prize" whether you find what you want here or not. If you get discouraged, frustrated or just AKKK...most do, so you wouldn't be the only one. Keep it all in perspective and (repeating) eyes on the prize...what you want...a lovely addition to happiness, fulfillment and satisfaction in addition to a full, happy life. Great relationships add...don't subtract.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review request