Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 5
After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Because I'm random- "the weather and the price of cheese" keeps popping into my head.
Hey, Im ****, yeah Im 23, Double Glouscter is £5.73, and it's raining by the way. Wensleydale is Buuuum!!!.....

+ alcohol- usually helps
 bucsgirl
Msg: 6
After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:45:09 PM
Asking questions, whether via email, IM, phone or in person should only be a lead-in to an actual conversation. The shot-gun Q and A gets old...QUICK!

Some are conversationally challenged, if you can't find something to talk about, it's unlikely there's much there.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:49:51 PM

The conversation naturally ebbs and flows.

I agree...to an extent. It's not like asking a question is prohibited, but I think of it like spice. Just a little sprinkle here and there...if I'm genuinely interested, then there's lots of things I'd like to know and if the convo doesn't drift that direction, then I will ask. If it's just Q and A...
 emarguy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:25:00 PM
Here's a tip: start staring down onto the floor like you're frantically looking for something. When he/she asks what you're looking for just say "I lost my Congerssional Medal of Honor". It's sure to break the ice and you may even get lucky.
 tam879
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:37:38 PM
I never asked to any questions with my ex g/f when I first met her. We met at a coffee shop and just introduced each other and from there we just talk about life in general. She had a pic of her dog and I had one of mine on our cell phones. From there we had many things in common and many relatives with the same names and we continued. No questions of what color do you like, or favorite foods etc. I`d say we took to each other without quizzing each other. Also I am a listener, I find talking sometimes boring. I just like to stare at the person I`m with. I look at their eyes and smile and that is what usually catches me firstly.
 tam879
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:41:51 PM
As for swearing I hear it at work everyday and when I was with my g/f she never swore and I certainly didn`t. When we went to movies I was nervous about the swearing but she didn`t mind it. As a teacher she hears it from the kids.
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:39:18 PM
"Whatever you ask, make sure that you have a very bright light pointing to their eyes, don't let them sleep for at least 48 hours, and don't be afraid to slap them."

Red you ROCK
 recall
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:00:11 AM
People will tell you so much. You just have to listen. Also watch because people don't always tell you the truth. Or they aren't even aware that they aren't what they say they are. Ask just a small amount of questions. Just to draw them out. Ask what is important to you. But be aware that it isn't good to ask alot of questions. Somethings should just be found out over time.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:46:16 PM
On a first meet, if/when there's silence, I've always found: Tell me what your first day of school was like works pretty well. If not, any other question, observation will do as well, 'cause I know I ain't got a keeper. . .

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/5/2009 7:52:40 AM
My newest question is, "Have you been to prison? If yes, why?"
 marhevka1
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:24:54 AM
Oh my God,

You think those are good questions to ask on a first date?? You've got to be kidding me.
I must say the first three are ridiculous!
What kind of animal would you be and why? LOL.... You can't be serious.
 Bob_49
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:51:59 AM
I'm all for avoiding the 50 questions. I need to discover the person within. If they are with me, I'm attracted enough that the superficial stuff is mute. Two questions usually lead to an entire night or a long date. One what gave you the most smiles as a child? The second is Outside of dating what has been your greatest joy lately? Then the trick is to listen , to see the eyes, to feel as that person feels.

If you do get into the persons home, keep your eyes open. The joys are left all over the house. Key spots: the nightstand, the bookcase, where ever games are left out and on the refrigerator.

live, laugh, love. Life is good.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?