Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Little Fish...Big Pond      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Little Fish...Big PondPage 1 of 1    
*Huggles jussbecause*

Welcome to the pond. Enjoy your time with the fishies... ignore the sharks... LOL!

Internet dating isn't this scary mysterious thing. It's not all that much different from the bar scene really. A lot of people will go after others on nothing more than appearance.

But the good ones are out there. And they will read a person's profile, and judge based on that wether or not they want to get to know the person.
I've contacted plenty of ladies here myself who didn't even have profile pictures. Because it's what they say that caught my attention.

It's who someone is that counts, not what they look like.
And someone you'll want to be with, is going to know this... and won't care about your pictures... they'll read what you have written about yourself, and decide on that.

That's why the Profile Review forum section can be a great help. People there will help you fine tune just what you have written.

Another great way of really getting to know someone... is the forums.
People can write all sorts of things about themselves in their profiles... but their true nature is clearly shown in the things they have to say, and the opinions they share.

Just relax, make friends, and in time, you'll find someone special.

*Hugs*
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 7
Little Fish...Big Pond
Posted: 6/6/2008 2:01:12 PM
Invest the time and energy into your photos...they are probably what will initially get someone's attention. Try doing a photo shoot where you pick out a few different outfits and do different poses in each...honestly - it sounds stupid but it is fun. Try to have different looks...casual, elegant, sexy, sporty, whatever - just make sure your personality comes through.

Some people have pictures of themselves doing things they enjoy. This will also give people an idea of your personality.

We really have become a culture that relies on images. Think of your profile as an ad for you...look at ads in magazines and what catches your eye? What do you think will catch the eye of the kind of guy you want? Start with that and go from there.

A good picture is probably the best investment in time and effort you can make when it comes to this stuff.
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Little Fish...Big Pond
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:43:11 AM

Did any of you feel this way when you first started this? How is it for you now?

I'd like to add my two cents to this topic...

Firstly, welcome to the forum and on-line dating.

Secondly, I have read all posts and the one thing which stands out is the issue of health and weight. Yes, society as a whole has become very much over-weight and unhealthy in the last few decades. Has this had an impact on how men look at over-weight women and dating? No. There are still men who choose the Barbie look-a-likes and there are still men who choose women with a little extra padding.

Do photos on profile make a difference? Yes. It's called chemistry. Visually a person knows what they like/dislike in a person. The color of the eyes, the placement or size of the nose and lips. Even the length or color of the hair.

Does having a detailed description of who you are and what you are looking for on your profile help? Yes. Again it is called chemistry. The style of a persons writing says a great deal about them. And yes, we each have our own style from using certain phrases to gramatical errors.

*I know I have my own style of writin when I'm not bein professional ;0)

The point is, be yourself, try not to stress, and just give it time. I believe the old saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day" so try not to have to many expectations. There are a lot of jerks out there, BUT there are a few decent men as well.

For you Juss in regaurds to your post, take a deep breath and just take it one day at a time....

Brat
 shyalphamale9
Msg: 15
Little Fish...Big Pond
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:22:27 AM
My experience is that 99% of the people on here have totally unrealistic expectations.
Just because you can fill out what you want in someone doesn't mean they will even read it or that if they do that the feelings will be mutual.
Case in point, I think you sound really nice and would write you if you lived closer. However, I'm 31 and smoke so I wouldn't even be able to send you a message if I wanted.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Little Fish...Big Pond