Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > pudding-need substitute      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
pudding-need substitute Page 1 of 1    
since you posted your question ... maybe five hours ago ... I figure you either decided to go with the banana cream instant pudding mix ... made a DIFFERENT desert ... or drove thru the rain to buy the vanilla pudding mix ...

HOWEVER ... it's my humble opinion that adding banana pudding to orange streusel loaves sounds fabulous!

I'm not one for following directions and recipes that closely anyway ... but with the orange and banana ... I think I mite add cocoanut, too!

cooking (like most of life) is an adventure ... go for the gusto!!!

Molly Maude
Msg: 8
view profile
History
pudding
Posted: 2/20/2015 4:54:55 PM
old thread! but don't want to start a new one just to tell you how I've created
a caramel apple pudding! cheating, of course, using a Jell-O caramel pudding
mix, the kind that has to be cooked!

I washed and cored an apple, diced it fairly small and put it into a small pot to
sauté in butter ... once parts of it were translucent ... I took it off the stove,
waited just a bit till it cooled some then added the Jell-O caramel pudding
mixture and the required milk ... put it back over a slow flame, stirring constantly
... the result was FABULOUS ...

I'd considered other things I could do/have done to enhance it but it turned out
just as I thought it would ... I added no sugar to it at all and I thought it was a bit
too sweet when I ate some hot ... but, otherwise, great ... once it chilled, the cold
version didn't taste so overly sweet ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 9
view profile
History
overnight chia seed pudding
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:23:36 PM
apparently, I enjoy puddings! here's another one ...

overnight chia pudding
ingredients
2 cups any unsweetened “milk” ... (I use coconut milk)
1/2 cup dried, fresh or frozen fruit
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 tbsp. stevia, sugar or honey to taste
1 tsp. vanilla
nutmeg to taste ... or not!

directions
Mix everything in a mason jar. Stir well and place in the fridge. Stir again after half an hour. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.

taste is reminiscent of tapioca ... thing about making it yourself is that you can modify the ingredients ...
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > pudding-need substitute