Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Please, don't say . . .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xavery
Msg: 1
Please, don't say . . .Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Is there something people always say to you that you would rather they just not.

Here are 3 of my own examples:

1. When my springer spaniel was young, she used to pull hard on the leash, prompting people to say, "Who is taking who for a walk?" (Please, don't say this to me. I have heard it 1o1 times.)

2. Because I have a rather long summer vacation, people always feel inclined to tell me when it is over and ask how I feel about it. (I pretend that it is news to me that my holidays are over.)

3. When I was seriously injured, people kept asking me about my injury. (I didn't want to talk about it.)

I know people sometimes have good intentions and are just making conversation.

What are some things you would rather not hear?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/7/2008 9:04:58 PM
When I'm working and well aware how beautiful the weather is outside I really wish people wouldn't make the extra effort to let me how blue the sky is, or how hot it is out there.

2. That my car sounds like a piece of crap - I know this...I listen to it every time I turn the key.

3. If I had a rough night or am sick - don't tell me I look like crap (it really doesn't make me feel or look better)

4. When I am working please don't tell me not to squish your bread, or not to bruise your apples....I've been doing this job for years and pride myself on the care I take with people's merchandise.
Just because I work in customer service does not mean I am uneducated nor does it mean I am less of a person than you are.
 Webstad
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/7/2008 9:22:25 PM
The biggest one is at work, when either a customer or a passer-byer (I work in a bodyshop btw) asks "Do you work here?", when I am wearing either coveralls (with the company logo on it too) or a shirt with the logo on it. As if it isn't obvious!

The other work-related one is when people ask "Do you know what you're doing?" I usually reply with a sarcastic "no".
 rockondon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:58:43 PM
Honey, we need to talk....

Does this make me look fat?

Honey, you never....
or Why don't you ever...
 Walts
Msg: 5
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/8/2008 6:22:30 AM
1) You're a really great,nice and likeable guy BUT, not what I am looking for.

2) Sunny periods with a CHANCE of showers.

3) I usually don't do this.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 6
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:23:52 PM
1) When my wife passed away,, people used to say,, I know how you feel.. as if they had clue,

2) It must be hard raising your son alone,, I never complain,, because I love it,, yet people think it's a awful place to be..

3) When someone I know asks my opinion,, sometimes the truth hurts..

4) It only costs a dollar a day,, I say good,, you wouldn't mind then, spending a dollar a day of your money,, in my name,, thank you very much..
 rockondon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/8/2008 6:28:27 PM
when someone says "No shit Sherlock"

to which I reply "Then keep digging, Watson."
 Arleneangel
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 6/8/2008 8:59:18 PM
To post #20...

1] When people come up to us and say, "Do you know your daughter looks just like Dakota Fanning?" Oh but she 'is' Dakota Fanning, would you like her autograph?

2] After I've spent the day in the sun, "Wow!!! you should see all you're freckles!!"
What???? I have freckles?? OMG I had no idea... When the hell did that happen??

3] This one is daily... "How long have you been growing your hair?" [it's 3ft. long]
Oh I dunno, probably ever since sometime just before birth just like everyone else!

And one more for good measure,
" Wow, your hair is sooooo long it must be soooo hard to take of!!" Oh yeah, I wash it, I condition it, I comb it......And this one time... at band camp...I even brushed it!!!
I'm so exhausted, quick someone rub my feet and get me a Martini.
 Walts
Msg: 9
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:12:54 PM
My newest biatch is whenever someone talking to me starts their sentence with
"duuuude". I pretty well blank them out, walk away with them running after me trying to say what they wanted to say. Man do they ever sound,,,,dddddduuuuuuuummmmmb!!!!!

Oooops,,,one more. "you know,,,your fishy pics are not very sexy". Really??? I don't ever remember calling my fish sexy before. "Sweet" yes, sexy,,,not so much.
 You go first
Msg: 10
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 10/2/2008 6:33:10 PM
I always dread new parents asking , "Isn't he/she just soooooo cuuuuuute?" No, your baby looks like Yoda.

Then they invariably ask, "Do you want to hold him/her?" No, I prefer my clothes spew-free, thank you.

Then there is that eternal catch-all irritant " I know how you feel. " If you did, you wouldn't be within arm's reach.
 Xavery
Msg: 11
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:38:26 PM
to make a long story short and then ramble on and on. Personally, I know when someone says to make a long story short, I am in for one long, boring story.
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 12
Please, don't say . . .
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:51:52 PM
you love me

or

Like it's such a nice day, like don't you like nice days, like like like .....
LOSE THE LIKE PEOPLE

or

and then he said...

and for the record, I would never ask you to pull my finger, but look out if I happen to say "FIRE IN THE HOLE"
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Please, don't say . . .