Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > President Bush's Masterful Job On Terrorism      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 4
President Bush's Masterful Job On TerrorismPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
This place is funny I've said the same things over and over to people if this wasn't just a ploy to start a war then were are the rest of the attacks in 8 years ? their sshould have been something right ? I'm glad an edit button popped in here because forget to read what I write before I click enter.
 Ezzee
Msg: 5
President Bush's Masterful Job On Terrorism
Posted: 6/7/2008 9:52:03 PM

Which method do you figure will take longer to achieve victory?

Please, by all means, give us the definition of "victory" as it pertains to the current conflict in Iraq and then maybe we can attempt to answer the question
 Outdoor2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:11:30 PM
You erred in your subject title.

The operative word is not "On"....it is "In".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1EXKLVgEx0
 sargentrock33
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:27:13 PM
what a hater, are you John Kerry?
 GOD.IS.A.BULLET
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:45:30 PM
from the grog guy "The reality is that we have been so free of terrorism, we have become so complacent, we have recovered so well from the resolve we felt after 9/11, that many among us have concluded that there is no more threat.

america is much worse off now and much more prone to threat since bush took office. He has started a world war and if he invades another country we all had better run becasue the world is going to take this country from us in a heart beat. his arrogance has destroyed us. if we don't stop now we are all sitting ducks. I've spent alot of time in europe and I know what's happening over there. the world hate us now they are just waiting for an attack on iran to seal the deal and we are all toast.

The chinese and russians are just waiting to see how far it will go and they can take us out in a heart beat.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:59:13 PM
"Bushs Masterful Job on Terrorism"

Hah, Hah, Hah, You ARE being sarcastic, right?

bush is fighting a war of terror based on lies. The U.S. was attacked by countryless criminals, a criminal act. It could have been handled by law enforcment agencys.
instead the US attacked two innocent countrys and killed over a million people and now you want to carpet bomb more. You are one sick puppy.

have you enjoyed freedom from terrorism the last seven years? How many false alarms have you endured so that a piece of constitution eroding legislation can be rammed through, you've lost habeus corpus, the Patrriots act can put you away without a trial if your neighbour wants to settle a score and says you are a terrorist.

Yeah, old bushy has done a masterful job.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:31:54 AM

and if they were so Innocent how did they get such a government to start with

Gee...I don't know....perhaps we should ask previous administrations why they so gleefully handed over chemical and biological weapons....(not really weapons...just pre-cursers WINK that enabled Mr. Hussein (as I'm sure he was addressed as at the time) to reek havoc over the Iranian...and later his own...population.

Ah...yes....that infamous photo shot of Rumsfeld...says much.....

Who propped up Hussein? Many countries.

Whom did he ask permission of before invading Kuwait?

Where did that "green light" come from?

That's just a few questions worthy of research into "how did they get such a government to start with"...
 itechman63
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 6:19:24 AM
Does anyone believe that organized terrorists would have only the strategy to attack, attack, attack? That they would have no other ends to achieve other than their believed means?

They wanted to destroy the American way of life... to destroy our liberties and prosperity from within so to speak or in other words they calculated that such a horrendous attack as 9/11 would prompt us to destroy ourselves.

The Patriot Act providing means not limited to suspicion of terrorism to erode civil liberties and a war without regard for Constitutional process generating incredible national debt and leading toward incredible economic collapse. Why attack us again? Liberty and Prosperity diminishing daily. The Objectives of 9/11 are being realized with astonishing success.

We're not dealing with ignorant people only motivated by hatred and a single objective to kill. They have objectives and are able to calculate a strategy. I believe that there has been no new attacks because there has been no need.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/8/2008 9:02:08 AM
romantic,

yes, Afghanistan was an innocent country. The plot for 911 was hatched in Germany and carried out by Saudis who were watched over by no less than 200 israeli "art students" as they trained in Florida.

The films of the Mujahadin training camps were old CIA films held at the ready because the bush administration was looking for an excuse to invade Afghanistan since the Taliban were stubbornly holding out for better terms for the pipeline rightofway. Remember " if you refuse our carpet of gold, we'll give you a carpet of bombs!"

like the rain, if you want to find bolsheviks in your government you need to look closer than the democrats. Neocon ideology is rooted in trotskyism.
 itechman63
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:39:25 AM
It's a faulty and inaccurate assumption that the goal of terrorism is simply to kill with no other objective. I too bought into the "bloodthirsty savage" neocon theory until someone pointed me to the history of terrorism. There's never been terrorism for the mere sake of Terror. There has always been a political objective. When you are achieving your political objective, do you need to continue to attack?

Sure 2 million Americans dying in a city is a possibility. If you need terrorists to carry out such an attack, is it easier or harder to recruit them with thousands of Iraqis who were once content to go about their days but watched their family die by American aggression and now are filled with hate and despair?

I do believe it's harder to organize an attack of a large magnitude but I also don't feel we are any better able to stop it. We've fought a 20 year 'War on Drugs' but can't stem the flow of Cocaine and Heroin into the US. We are debating how to handle an 'Illegal Alien' issue in our country because we can't stop them from getting in. Those two inabilities considered, I do not think we could stop another attack if one was deemed necessary by our enemies.

If you want to reduce the threat of Terrorism, reduce the causes of terror rather than increase them. This Administration has done more to put the citizens of this nation in danger than to reduce it. I too once thought that concept was partisan "Chicken Little" crap until I learned what Terrorism really is.
 feeltobefree
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:23:47 AM
Like.The.Rain, and other Bush appeasers,

Is there any compassion in you? You hold valid notions in that you wouldn't want any terrorists kicking down your doors and threatening your children or ruining your way of life am I right? Well why is it okay for the U.S to do the same to Iraqi citizens? Perhaps you should read some Iraqi bloggers and try to understand what their daily life consists of. The country is in complete ruin. Who knows how many are dead, how many have fled, the damage to infrastructure, the looting of the palaces (by the way who's hands have these fallen under), and not to mention the total strip away of any dignity and freedoms that they have. Perhaps you need to read some personal stories where Iraqi's have their doors kicked down, the men and boys dragged out for questioning and taken away without charge only to be returned months or years or not at all. Have you heard about the Haditha massacre? You have soldiers admitting to the killings but yet they are not charged because they said they were justified. Shoot first ask questions later. What the **** is that? Would you accept that in your own country? No right.. so why do you expect Iraqi's to accept it. Are you racist? Do you feel your better than they are and you know whats best for them. Because that's exactly what is happening. Wouldn't surprise me. U.S has a deep rooted history of racism, shit your country was founded on it.

What reaction would you take with foreign troops running the show in your country?

You can fight terrorism at home with good solid police work and intelligence but of course they don't because fighting just helps them achieve other political goals, all at the cost of lives of Iraqi's and their own soldiers. Oh and it helps if the U.S stops meddling in Arab land. You want to reduce terrorism? Reduce the terrorism on behalf of your country. To think that the U.S does not use terrorism for their own purpose is just plain naive and short sighted.

gtomustang
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:49:46 AM
al Quada's attack on 9/11 was a pre-emptive strike, just like we do when we hit a country pre-emptively. We go after the financial, military, and civilian leadership areas. How many of those have we done in the last 8 years? But as you heard, McCain's handler wants another terrorist attack, says it would really help out the campaign--so maybe you'll see another one? With friends like this....

Al Quada hasn't struck against Americans in the last 8 years? What do you label American soldiers in Iraq? You mean those aren't al Quada terrorists they are fighting over there? So what are they doing over there?

Oh wait, those aren't terrorists and terrorist acts, those are acts of war they are doing to our American citizens? Well, if they are carrying out acts of war, then they must be subject to the Geneva Convention, then....

As for the failure in Iraq, its easy to find the cause. Just look back at what happened. The neocons paid an exile to feed us a story--that if we invaded, he'd take over and run Iraq. This lie evolved into propaganda--all we have to do, is get the Iraqis out of their bondage. they already know what they want, so if we free them, they'll do it.

What really happened? Well, only the religious wingnuts knew what utopia they wanted. So we released the Iraqis, and they....looked at us, the people who put a man on the moon, and waited for us to begin the Great Plan. So we waited for them, they waited for us, and the criminals Saddam released a la the Mariel boatlift, waited for no one.

They looted, realizing an opportunity when they saw one. We didn't have enough troops to reclaim law and order. We had no idea what Iraq had worth saving besides oil. Shia holy sites? Intelligensia? Archelogical digs of the Garden of Eden?

Who knew? so we did nothing...and the Iraqis noticed. We had no plan, we had no resources, it was up to a tortured, shellshocked people to figure out for themselves what to do...while we occupied them. Hence the result we see today.
 oddandy
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:27:38 PM

RedTory have you ever read the facts on how many people Saddam tortured rape and killed? MILLIONS just for sport! Comparatively this IS humanitarian!

It is not the job of the U.S. military to engage in "humanitarian" missions in other countries. The one and only legitimate job of the U.S. military is to protect the U.S. If those men and women wanted to risk (and give) their lives for the "welfare" of other countries I'm sure there are other organizations they would have joined other than our military.

At least I don't know of any soldiers that have claimed they joined up because they wanted to help a bunch of Arabs. Do you?
 Outdoor2
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:43:34 PM
RandiKae:

I invite you to view what IS part of Iraq's everyday life....

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/10460

Please feel free to view all the pictures here...

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/uncensored
 TXrugger
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:02:58 PM
Like the rain Your comments are right on man I for one am tired of all the arm chair generals ****ing and moaning when they never spent moment one in the service of this nation.keep telling it like it is brother
 oddandy
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:13:19 PM
oddandy The goal is to hopefully re-educate the generations to come to not see us as infidels only suited for death.

Re-education is not the job of our military, sounds more like a diplomatic and propaganda task to me. On a related note, ceasing our military and financial aid to Israel will likely do far more to improve our image in the Arab world.

By rebuilding the schools and hospitals and finally giving the Iraqi people a view of what we are really like, not the evil they have been brainwashed into believing, we are securing our future!

Rebuilding the schools and hospitals we destroyed? Give me a break.

"Here, we fixed all that stuff we blew up. See! we're not the evil you've been led to believe we are!"

Do you realize these people didn't even own cell phones before we took Saddam out..

Yeah, sorry 'bout your dead relatives that we accidentally blew up, here, have a cell phone, and don't forget not to hate America!

We're rebuilding this country trying to bring them into the 20th century let alone the 21st! AGAIN for our own secure future.

So you're telling me that a country that by your own admission was not even in the 20th century posed a legitimate threat to the future of the greatest military power in the world and that said threat would have cost the lives of more soldiers than what we have lost and will continue to lose?

I don't see it, sorry.
 itechman63
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:50:58 PM

when they never spent moment one in the service of this nation.

You mean like those who wanted and planned the invasion as well as prioritized the objectives in post-Saddam Iraq?
 ManeRider
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:37:03 PM

Did Bush screw up? Yea, things could have been done differently but we have yet to be attacked again

This may seem naively strange.... course I could be wrong.. but....did it occur to those STILL supporting Bush-anomics..... that since Pearl Harbor, our soil has not been touched..... EXCEPT ...... under Bush 43? All this "see how good Bush is....we haven't been attacked since 9/11" ... is nothing more than a metaphor for the boy lost in the woods, who keeps telling himself repeatedly that he's going to be OK!!

Too bad they don't teach reason and accountability in Middle School.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:46:30 PM
How about a little simple math:

I'll let the readers fill in the numbers here. Outside of the U.S., how many people:

..........................................Before 9/11.............Days after 9/11............Today........

Love America....................._________..............________............__________

Feel Sympathy for America _________.............________.............__________

Hate America......................_________.............________.............__________

Now, how do we define success against terrorism?

Can even the most hard core Bush supporters among you honestly plug in a smaller number for those who today hate us than there were in the days right after 9/11? So have we increased or decreased the number of potential terror recruits lurking out there?

Now explain to me again why I should feel safer today than I did eight years ago.

Dave
 SouthSeaSong
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:57:58 PM
Your rambling post made absolutely no sense at all.
Can you clarify your position? LOL
 SouthSeaSong
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:11:25 PM
I Hunt:
Why do you only name blue cities?
Quite odd that only blue cities would be attacked by terrorists.
Seens they might have a red agenda.
 flyguy51
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:17:22 PM

Can you clarify your position?

In short, the Bush administration took a world largely united with us after 9/11 and slam dunked it into the trash. Even our closest allies, such as England, are a little miffed.

In a twisted way, it is a masterful job.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:34:56 PM
So this is what its like being a Republican; dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

President bush is so up the ass of the Saudi's; where pretty much most terrorists are funded; that its embarassing. The Right's mantra of us being less in need of foreign oil is unamerican. We need to be less in need of DOMESTIC OIL.

And this war had NOTHING to do with terrorism. Thats why Bush's approval rating is the lowest since they kept records in many publications. Big Business and corruption has ruined this country and we've sold out to China.

If you think Bush is the reason terrorists are afraid of us? omg; Yes. Osama Bin Laden who is the one that lead the 911 attack is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. He's petrified.

And look up in your history books if you want to attack. Who is the man that was the banker and helped fund many of the Nazi's investments before the war? Prescott Bush; Georges grandfather. Nice.

And if you suck for decades then that is the experience we need? Just because you are experienced doesn't mean you are good. And I can see the next Hilary being Michelle; for sure; white men will never be the same. lol

Look at the PNAC agreement; look at how Colin Powell lied in front of the UN with his proof of the war, when these were trucks from different stores; remember bush and the rest of his clan saying there is absolute proof iraq was involved in 911 and so many other things when they were not.

Its time that people stop being Republicans and Democrats and go back to being Americans. For some its obvious too late for that. You can check your brain at the door pass the kool Aid if you want, but I prefer to not blindly follow my party.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:56:01 PM

Can you clarify your position?

In short, the Bush administration took a world largely united with us after 9/11 and slam dunked it into the trash.

Thanks, flyguy. Here I was proud of myself for coming up with a simple graphic to illustrate my thoughts that I was sure everyone would understand. Guess I should have stuck with my usual seven or eight paragraphs....

Dave
 CherylCake
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:29:06 PM
One thing stands out, even though I hate to admit it. Remember how airplanes used to get hijacked all the time? Not a one since 9/11 that I can recall. That's one area the terrorists didn't win.
Seems to me we're overtaxing the countries economical resources one by one with the arms race. Japan, Russia, Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq, now Iran. If we could only unite with the space race & put the money to good scientific use for future generations. This planet is gonna be overpopulated, with less & less to go around very soon. Time for a more futuristic approach.
And why dont we just drop a huge bomb on the countries we don't like? Acceptable casualties in one big blow, rather than dragging it out for years, using our citizens for cannon fodder. Isn't that why we have those big fat bombs? Dang, just drop the big one already & get all that fat oil.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > President Bush's Masterful Job On Terrorism