Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Special Event! FunkyTown 10th Anniversary Celebration! Friday ~ June      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Special Event! FunkyTown 10th Anniversary Celebration! Friday ~ June 20th 2008 ~ 8:00pm Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Friday, June 20th @ FunkyTown

"Special Announcement!" This night is FunkyTown's 10th Anniversary Celebration! The doors will open at 8pm, there is "NO" cover charge, there will be drink specials offered but there are no reserved seating this night. They will be putting on about "10" skits this night.

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! Start making plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate FunkyTown's 10th anniversary! Anyone and everyone is always welcome to come out and hang out. Come join in on the fun, have a drink, do some dancing and have a lot of laughs.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. So start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details :
8:00pm to close (3am)!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865

Seating: There is no reserving seats this night! So we need as many POFer's as possible to come early (7:30pm) and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people max and with it being a special night they will be packed so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures so we can post them and show everyone all the fun they are missing!

Cost:" NO" cover charge this night! FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans/pants with holes in them, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

DRINK SPECIALS! There will be drink specials this night. I DO NOT know what they are just that there are going to be some offered.

NOTE A: The doors open at 8pm and the music usually starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE B: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE C: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

Admiral Mac

AnglFlynToCLoseToGround

candles454

d_a_m

dancenightly

flashlynda

funone2cu2

gigi046

hoopsmom

hotkmr73

juleekh

justg2u

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

Mr Gummischuh

pegluvsflags

pompano2

rmbhc8

smile4u08

sonic520

sparrow41

topsandace

22 people are attending
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
Special Event! FunkyTown 10th Anniversary Celebration! Friday ~ June 20th 2008 ~ 8:00pm
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:40:23 PM
This will be my last FunkyTown event posting until after they reopen. Funkytown will be closing their doors for remodeling at the end of June. Their last night open will be June 28th and they will reopen on Friday, September 5th and will be a non-smoking club at that time. They are throwing a special 10th anniversary party on Friday night, June 20th. There is "NO" cover charge and they will not allow anyone to reserve any seats. They are going back over the skits they have put on over the last 10 years and will be putting on 10 of the best skits from the past to present. Since we can't reserve any seats we are going to try and get as many POFer's as possible to show up at 7:30pm so we can get in early and grab us some tables and chairs. If those coming early could bring some paper and markers we can grab a table and mark it POF so others can find us. I am expecting the place to max out on capacity which is 600 people so if you want to get in and you want some place to sit, get there early!
 juleekh
Msg: 3
Special Event! FunkyTown 10th Anniversary Celebration! Friday ~ June 20th 2008 ~ 8:00pm
Posted: 6/8/2008 3:05:52 PM
I've never been to FT so this will be a new experience for me. You mention "skits". What kind skits are they? What do they do? I am looking forward to this one!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/8/2008 3:59:44 PM
The skits are done to songs like Micheal Jackson's Thriller. They have dancers that dress up in costume and dance to the song like the video. They usually do these skits around the holiday times and they are geared towards the holidays. Just about everyone I have ever seen has been really good and some are really funny.
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:42:37 PM
Ric & I will be there and I am going to be celebrating my 57th birthday that night.
 Kcblakangel
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:56:29 PM
Ok I will wear my 1970's outfit with my co co puffs! LOL
 JustG2U
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/8/2008 6:51:20 PM
Funky town skits over the past few years have just been during the halloween season mainly. But in years past they did skits every fri and sat night. They range from Comedy skits to popular songs to actual video skits such as thriller. Woody the owner has a great group of dancers that put these on. They are great!! I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to attend this night.
I will be busy this day but trust me I will make time out of my schedule to not miss this one. I was at the 5 yr anniversary and OMG what a night!!!!
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:31:47 PM
I'll be there, I'm kid free that weekend!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:45:48 PM
Remember and I can't stress this enough. This is a special situation this weekend. Normally they have a $5 cover but there is "NO" cover charge this night. It should be extremely packed and early. We have "NO" seats reserved as they aren't letting anyone reserve seats. It's first come first serve on seating this night. So the plan is for as many of us POFer's to meet in the parking lot at 7:30pm and go in together when the doors open at 8pm so we can grab as many tables and chairs in one area as possible.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/9/2008 11:04:32 AM
Better suck it in or gulp it down before 8pm or you might not get in...

Once in you better stay in. I think it will be one of those nights when if you go out you have to stand in line to get back in. The "NO" cover charge thing will bring a lot of new people out I think. There are a lot that refuse to pay the usual $5 cover. I can't be for sure but I thought I heard them announce some kind of drink specials that night also but I'm not 100% sure on that. Maybe someone can call and get the scoop on it all and report back .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:21:34 PM
I know they they are fixing the roof and bathrooms. Don't know what else they are doing to the place. I do know when it opens it is going to be non-smoking unless the courts put a hold on that.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/9/2008 6:45:08 PM
If someone could call them and get the scoop on the specials that night and email them to me that would be great. I'll then update the main post to reflect those specials.
 dancenightly
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 7:52:40 PM
Peggy & Me will be there for sure,so,get those dancing shoes ready to dance & party all night long!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Sparrow41
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:01:09 AM
Hey im debbie ,,Im a reg funkytown girl,,but I will be there to meet you fishes on this fun day!!
no cover is awsome,,never happens so,,hopefully it will be good times,,with free cover there is and never has been any drink specials at funkytown, as ive been going there for the last 7 yrs off and on!

and the manager is my best friend,, so any questions you can freely ask away!! I just might be able to answer them!!
anywho ,,,look forward to meeting you fishermen and the fishes!!

Sparrow41
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:03:43 AM
oh as for the bathrooms I think Ill be doing the tile jobs so ,,,maybe no more sticky floors LOL anywho
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:48:14 AM
I've never seen them do any drink specials in all the years I've been going there but Woody was announcing Saturday night over the intercom something about drink specials this night. Maybe you can check with them and get the scoop for us on that .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2008 4:11:31 AM
Grrrr another event on my "kid weekend". I so needed a FUNky Fix too!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/13/2008 8:12:19 AM
Last night open will be June 28th and will reopen on Sept 5th.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:31:33 PM
I just updated the main post. There will be drink specials offered this night. I did get this confirmed with one of the gals that works the door there. She said she didn't know what they would be as they hadn't told her but she was told there were going to be specials offered.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:44:02 PM
This isn't a normal FunkyTown night... so make sure to spread the word that there is no cover charge and drink specials and about 10 skits... all of which harder ever happens but on the flip side we can't reserve any seats. So we have to plan a head and get as many people there to meet in the parking lot at 7:30 to get in line and get in when the doors open at 8pm and grab tables to save.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/16/2008 11:24:08 PM
I think you used that same excuse a few weeks back .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/17/2008 4:28:19 AM
I hope people bring cameras & take lots of pictures so I can see all the fun.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/17/2008 10:49:11 PM
We have roughly 70 hours before this event kicks off. It isn't to late to make those plans to come out and join the group for some mingle and fun. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us, member or not. So grab your friends and get out of the house .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:03:07 AM
I don't think they are going to say anything as long as people don't get stupid and flaunt it. But if people just show up and hang out a little early in the parking lot, I don't think they will say anything. Just don't park right up front for all to see. Be smart about it and all should be OK. JMHO
 Sparrow41
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/18/2008 11:35:02 PM
Dress code
No Hats
No HolesIn Jeans
No White Tshirts
No Numbers
or team logos
No sleeveless shirts
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Special Event! FunkyTown 10th Anniversary Celebration! Friday ~ June 20th 2008 ~ 8:00pm